PDA

View Full Version : Border security is tougher than ever, DHS report finds

Common
09-18-2017, 03:26 PM
Great Job President Trump :)

Sneaking across the U.S. border from Mexico is tougher than ever before, and U.S. agents are catching or stopping the majority of those who attempt to do so, according to a new report by the Department of Homeland Security.

The report (https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/17_0914_estimates-of-border-security.pdf), published last week by the agency’s Office of Immigration Statistics, estimates that 55 to 85 percent of attempted illegal border crossings are unsuccessful, up from 35 to 70 percent a decade ago. In one telling sign of the difficulty, the number of illegal migrants and deportees who make repeated attempts to get in has also fallen dramatically, because so many would-be migrants are giving up.
The report’s findings challenge depictions of the U.S. border as a place where American law enforcement is overwhelmed and ineffective. President Trump has ordered DHS to make preparations for the construction of a wall between the United States and Mexico, and last week he met with Democratic Party leaders to negotiate additional border security improvements.
The new DHS report indicates the agency has already made significant progress in its ability to stop people from sneaking in or consider trying. Arrests along the Mexico border fell to historic lows during the Obama presidency, then dropped further after Trump took office vowing a crackdown.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/border-security-is-tougher-than-ever-dhs-report-finds/2017/09/18/5d198328-9a46-11e7-a527-3573bd073e02_story.html

Captain Obvious
09-18-2017, 03:36 PM
The low information bottomfeeders are too busy parroting anti Trump dog whistles to acknowledge Trump's successes.

He's done a lot to heal the nation after 8 years of Bammynomics.

Common
09-18-2017, 03:41 PM
Trump is doing far more than the ragers realize, they believe because Obamacare didnt pass that they somehow are stopping his agenda. Hes dismantled much of Obamas crap already.

After 10 full months of non stop raging since he won the election in Nov the democrats and the left havent gained a damn thing. After 10 full months of protests and non stop media fake news and raging against trump. They have gained a damn thing, while they all raged and ranted and yelled RESIST AT ALL COSTS the democrats have lost 4 special elections in a row.
They havent as of yet gained a damn thing but disrupt the entire country

Maybe they will wake up to the gop and the independents do not like what they are doing. They keep focusing on trump polls, they should start focusing on theirs

Grokmaster
09-18-2017, 06:45 PM
The Trump Affect. Sweetness.

Bethere
09-18-2017, 07:01 PM
The Trump Affect. Sweetness.

Effect.

Just remember that effect is the noun, affect is the verb.

Without getting too deep into it that'll keep you straight 99% of the time.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2017, 07:04 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/615/175/c17.jpg

MisterVeritis
09-18-2017, 07:07 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/615/175/c17.jpg
LOL. I care. :-)

Bethere
09-18-2017, 07:10 PM
LOL. I care. :-)

Yeah, me too. Something like the proper use of affect and effect demonstrates quickly a sense of detail in a person's academic past. It's an easy way to impress in an interview. It's as if to brag, "I was an attentive student, " without actually having to say so.

Grokmaster
09-18-2017, 07:18 PM
Effect.

Just remember that effect is the noun, affect is the verb.

Without getting too deep into it that'll keep you straight 99% of the time.

Thank you Sister Joan Marie...

Grokmaster
09-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Yeah, me too. Something like the proper use of affect and effect demonstrates quickly a sense of detail in a person's academic past. It's an easy way to impress in an interview. It's as if to brag, "I was an attentive student, " without actually having to say so.

More like "I'll make a great secretary, because I'm OCD on punctuation, but I'm far too anal to think outside the box, like a good CEO needs to."

MisterVeritis
09-18-2017, 10:00 PM
More like "I'll make a great secretary, because I'm OCD on punctuation, but I'm far too anal to think outside the box, like a good CEO needs to."
Nonsense. All of us should aspire to use the right word. Bethere is right.

Grokmaster
09-18-2017, 11:32 PM
Nonsense. All of us should aspire to use the right word. Bethere is right.

Language constantly evolves, especially English. Compare common usage now to just 50 years ago.

Eventually, there will be just ONE "affect" or "effect", as the language continues to streamline.

Did you understand the meaning of the sentence as I wrote it? My only concern.

I have a steno to fret over the "proper word" , as I express my thoughts vocally, in the only area in my life where it MIGHT matter....

MisterVeritis
09-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Language constantly evolves, especially English. Compare common usage now to just 50 years ago.
This sounds like an excuse for sloppiness and ignorance.

Eventually, there will be just ONE "affect" or "effect", as the language continues to streamline.
Nonsense. Affect and effect are two words with different meanings.

Did you understand the meaning of the sentence as I wrote it? My only concern.
The writer bears responsibility for faithful communications.

I have a steno to fret over the "proper word" , as I express my thoughts vocally, in the only area in my life where it MIGHT matter....
Why make excuses for sloppy work? Aspire to do better.

ripmeister
09-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Back to the topic. Does this mean we really don't need the billion dollar wall?

MisterVeritis
09-19-2017, 12:21 PM
Back to the topic. Does this mean we really don't need the billion dollar wall?
No.

ripmeister
09-19-2017, 02:35 PM
No.
Why?

MisterVeritis
09-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Why?
A physical barrier works all the time. Illegal border crossings need to drop to near zero. We need to deport the illegal aliens who are here. All of them.

Captain Obvious
09-19-2017, 03:20 PM
There will never be a wall

MisterVeritis
09-19-2017, 03:24 PM
We already have 700 miles of wall. The prototype phase is supposed to end by the end of September.

Captain Obvious
09-19-2017, 03:26 PM

MisterVeritis
09-19-2017, 05:55 PM
:-)

I suppose we shall see.

ripmeister
09-19-2017, 09:13 PM
:-)

I suppose we shall see.

Yeah, in addition to who pays for that wall.

del
09-19-2017, 09:19 PM
so the dhs says the dhs is doing an outstanding job

shocker

Grokmaster
09-19-2017, 09:59 PM
There is no question that illegal incursions are DOWN. Choke on it, leftninny doofi....