PDA

View Full Version : Why Be A Republican?

Perianne
09-20-2017, 02:01 PM
What are the character traits you would see in a child, or a teenager, that says "Yep. He's a future Republican".

For those already a Republican, why do you remain a Republican?

Perianne
09-20-2017, 02:09 PM
I became a Republican because I came of age, politically, during the Reagan years And Reagan is a god.

I remain a Republican because I vote for the most conservative candidate, which is nearly always Republican.

Bethere
09-20-2017, 02:22 PM
What are the character traits you would see in a child, or a teenager, that says "Yep. He's a future Republican".

An unwillingness to share? The inability to play well with others? A lack of team-building skills?

Lol.

What did you expect, Perianne?

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 03:58 PM
I stopped being one 10 years ago.

The establishment thrives on party branding and voter lack of sophistication.

Much like the previous post, establishments thrive on ignorant rhetoric.

Democracy failed.

Green Arrow
09-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Zero reason to be a Republican. Ditto to be a Democrat.

The Xl
09-20-2017, 04:09 PM

/Thread.

Ethereal
09-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Obedient to authority; psychologically repressed; judgmental; fearful; prone to aggression and violence.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Many if not most people would rather be a cheerleader for a favorite team than make honest political ideology decisions.

Ethereal
09-20-2017, 04:13 PM
I don't know about that. If you're the CEO of an arms manufacturer, then it makes a lot sense to be a loyal Republican.

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 04:13 PM
We need an American Party that sides with no traditional party. We have that to some extent with the current third parties. But we need a large base to make the new American Party challenge the entrenched political class in Washington.

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 04:15 PM
I raised my two kids in an identical manner and got one Bernie supporter and one Trump supporter. Go figure.

Peter1469
09-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Right. Both are corrupt.

jigglepete
09-20-2017, 05:41 PM
I raised my two kids in an identical manner and got one Bernie supporter and one Trump supporter. Go figure.

Obviously you did a great job! (Just my opinion of course).

KathyS
09-20-2017, 07:29 PM
Re Bernie supporter- my parents are staunch republicans and I voted for Carter because he was such a nice guy. :grin:
They'll come around, don't worry.

Chris
09-20-2017, 07:53 PM
I've thought and I've thought but I can't think of any reason to be a Republican any more than a Democrat or for that matter a Libertarian or any other party member.

Except the Tea Party.

Cthulhu
09-20-2017, 08:09 PM
Can't vote for either side. For many of the same reasons.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Peter1469
09-20-2017, 08:11 PM
Can't vote for either side. For many of the same reasons.

Sent from my evil cell phone.
Agreed.

Perianne
09-20-2017, 08:26 PM
I suppose I am the only one who is Republican on here?

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 08:41 PM
I've thought and I've thought but I can't think of any reason to be a Republican any more than a Democrat or for that matter a Libertarian or any other party member.

Except the Tea Party.

Amen! The American Tea Party for 2018 and 2020

Chris
09-20-2017, 08:41 PM

Yes, and you're asking why.

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 08:43 PM

Be an evolved reformed Republican that converts to The American Tea Party. It is worth a button, yard sign and $5 bucks as long as my Koch Bros. donations keep coming in.

Perianne
09-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Yes, and you're asking why.
Just curious.

NapRover
09-20-2017, 08:58 PM
Children indoctrination with extreme left views make it hard to see any future as republicans.
Parental guidance is critical.

To me, Republican key traits are:
-Smaller Government
-less taxes
-strong military
-Capitalism rules

to make conservative republicans, add

-Constitutionalist/originalist views
-religious freedom
-pro-life
-patriotism, respect for country taught in schools

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 08:59 PM
The concept of one party representing all or most conservatives is absurd when you stop and think about it.

Most people vote for a party, not for an individual. Both establishment parties know this and they thrive on it.

Ethereal
09-20-2017, 09:05 PM
No, there are others. And of course not ALL Republicans are bad. But "the party" as a concept is very bad, as it plays on some of the worst fears of people. Republicans are typically (thought not always) the most gung-ho about wars that grow government and waste tons of money and don't really accomplish anything tangible for the average American. As we speak, most Republicans are eager to blow up North Korea and maybe Iran and probably some other places. I am shocked by how casually some people talk about starting a war with North Korea, as if it's like ordering a sandwich. I am basically having to put my faith in Mattis that he will remain rational and that his often times heated rhetoric is merely meant for show. Trump is liable to do anything, as he proved with Syria. He basically launched a bunch of missiles at country on a whim, without a whiff of authorization from the congress (and, by extension, Americans). Republicans always seem eager to start another war and attack another country, which they typically believe to be a form of strength. It's part of the toxic macho culture that pervades throughout the Republican ranks. It's classic bully mentality. And like a bully, they respond to criticisms of their behavior with the intellectual equivalent of shouting and threatening and insulting. This comes mostly in the form of questioning a person's patriotism, as if the Republican party had a monopoly on patriotism. So while I've been trashing the Democrats a lot lately (they deserve it), I still retain a pretty deep dislike of Republican party orthodoxy. In fact, if Democrats actually pursued what they claim to represent (liberalism), then I would probably support them. Probably my favorite candidate during the 2016 elections was Jill Stein. She really let the war party have it. She had the guts to point out the insane amounts of money this country wastes on imperialism and militarism instead of just genuflecting before the national security state like everyone else does. But establishment Democrats mostly hate Jill Stein, so what does that tell you about Democrats?

Perianne
09-20-2017, 09:09 PM
No, there are others. And of course not ALL Republicans are bad. But "the party" as a concept is very bad...
I agree with most of what you say.

I am a paleoconservative, but Republican is the closest major party to my beliefs, so I vote for them. Patrick Buchanan is my political idol.

Ethereal
09-20-2017, 09:12 PM
-Smaller Government

In order for that to be a key trait of Republicans, they would actually have to promote smaller government.

-strong military

You see, this is a big reason why Republicans can never deliver smaller government and low taxes, because they almost universally insist on spending inordinate sums on the military. Even talking about cutting the military budget by like one or two percent causes Republicans to lose their minds. They say things like "spending on defense is being cut to the bone!".

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 09:13 PM
Children indoctrination with extreme left views make it hard to see any future as republicans.
Parental guidance is critical.

-Smaller Government
-less taxes
-strong military
-Capitalism rules

to make conservative republicans, add

-Constitutionalist/originalist views
-religious freedom
-pro-life
-patriotism, respect for country taught in schools

That's great insight, thanks for adding that.

I left the GOP over a decade ago, I vote my conscience, not my party affiliation and I guess I consider myself a conservative, libertarian probably but I've even departed from some of those standards that you listed so I'm not really anything strongly in any respect.

Smaller government - big check
Less taxes - big check

Strong military - pass on this one. I'm not a neocon, I don't believe in intervention unless we or our very close allies are in direct threat. I don't believe in arms races, we need sufficient military to defend ourselves from direct and real threats. IMO

Capitalism rules - pass on that too, I am a strong critic of capitalism. It feeds neocons, the establishment class - all at the cost of the middle class and especially the poor. Who pays for capitalisms shortcuts like environmental waste and pollution? Who does big pharma take advantage of? Or Walmart for that matter? The poor are enslaved and pay the true costs of this "capitalism" of ours. Shareholders and the super wealthy reap the benefits. That's not my idea of a "free market".

Constitutionalist/originalist views - we spend more time and energy on redefining and taking advantage of written word than realistic meaning and application. It's all either a tool or a handicap, I'm not a believer in the over-engineering of structure. Lawyers love it, keeps them in groceries.

Religious freedom - all for it but with freedom comes responsibility and I don't think we as a society do enough to hold religious institutions and their freedoms accountable. And it's another power-play pawn to play.

Pro life - check

Patriotism - pass on this one too.

"Patriotism" is establishment propaganda. Who are we "patriots" for? The people? Or the government" In traditional senses.

When you look at the worlds great tragedies, the losses of millions of lives. Holocaust, wars, famines - who was ultimately responsible for them? The people? Or the governments? And in virtually all of these tragedies what was the most important tool that empowered these governments?

Yep - propaganda, aka "patriotism".

No thanks on that one.

Ethereal
09-20-2017, 09:15 PM
I agree with most of what you say.

I am a paleoconservative, but Republican is the closest major party to my beliefs, so I vote for them. Patrick Buchanan is my political idol.

I like Buchanan a lot. But the Republican party does not love him back because of his unorthodox foreign policy views. But as unorthodox as they may be, they are often times correct and rather brilliant.

ripmeister
09-20-2017, 09:20 PM

LOL. That reminds me of that show back in the seventies or eighties where Michael J. Fox was the conservative son of liberal parents. Was it Family Ties?

Perianne
09-20-2017, 09:21 PM
I like Buchanan a lot. But the Republican party does not love him back because of his unorthodox foreign policy views. But as unorthodox as they may be, they are often times correct and rather brilliant.
You are right. He is not loved by the establishment Republicans.

He would have likely been a great president.

NapRover
09-20-2017, 09:38 PM
You are right. He is not loved by the establishment Republicans.

He would have likely been a great president.
The Miami Jews must have thought so with their support in 2000!

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 09:41 PM
LOL. That reminds me of that show back in the seventies or eighties where Michael J. Fox was the conservative son of liberal parents. Was it Family Ties?

Yep. Michael always wore a tie on the show. Even at home. lol

Bethere
09-20-2017, 09:42 PM

Lol. Pretty much. The rest of your Republican brothers are libertarians and independents so that they don't have to accept responsibility for their voting history.

A couple of them actually are indies and libertarians. The rest? They're embarrassed.

I respect NapRover because he never wavers. He's a Republican and he doesn't hesitate to let you know.

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 09:48 PM
That's great insight, thanks for adding that.

I left the GOP over a decade ago, I vote my conscience, not my party affiliation and I guess I consider myself a conservative, libertarian probably but I've even departed from some of those standards that you listed so I'm not really anything strongly in any respect.

Smaller government - big check
Less taxes - big check

Strong military - pass on this one. I'm not a neocon, I don't believe in intervention unless we or our very close allies are in direct threat. I don't believe in arms races, we need sufficient military to defend ourselves from direct and real threats. IMO

Capitalism rules - pass on that too, I am a strong critic of capitalism. It feeds neocons, the establishment class - all at the cost of the middle class and especially the poor. Who pays for capitalisms shortcuts like environmental waste and pollution? Who does big pharma take advantage of? Or Walmart for that matter? The poor are enslaved and pay the true costs of this "capitalism" of ours. Shareholders and the super wealthy reap the benefits. That's not my idea of a "free market".

Constitutionalist/originalist views - we spend more time and energy on redefining and taking advantage of written word than realistic meaning and application. It's all either a tool or a handicap, I'm not a believer in the over-engineering of structure. Lawyers love it, keeps them in groceries.

Religious freedom - all for it but with freedom comes responsibility and I don't think we as a society do enough to hold religious institutions and their freedoms accountable. And it's another power-play pawn to play.

Pro life - check

Patriotism - pass on this one too.

"Patriotism" is establishment propaganda. Who are we "patriots" for? The people? Or the government" In traditional senses.

When you look at the worlds great tragedies, the losses of millions of lives. Holocaust, wars, famines - who was ultimately responsible for them? The people? Or the governments? And in virtually all of these tragedies what was the most important tool that empowered these governments?

Yep - propaganda, aka "patriotism".

No thanks on that one.
I would love to critique your post but it might end in disagreement so I will save this discussion for the camping trip meet in the desert sans your kidos and wife with just sinew tied wrists and knives present. Around a campfire clothed in loin clothes of course.

You are, as they say, nuanced. A good thing BTW.

Ethereal
09-20-2017, 09:49 PM
Lol. Pretty much. The rest of your Republican brothers are libertarians and independents so that they don't have to accept responsibility for their voting history.

A couple of them actually are indies and libertarians. The rest? They're embarrassed.

I respect @NapRover (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2018) because he never wavers. He's a Republican and he doesn't hesitate to let you know.
Nobody is interested in gaining your respect, I promise.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 09:50 PM
I would love to critique your post but it might end in disagreement so I will save this discussion for the camping trip meet in the desert sans your kidos and wife with just sinew tied wrists and knives present. Around a campfire clothed in loin clothes of course.

You are, as they say, nuanced. A good thing BTW.

Nah, go ahead. Disagreement isn't a bad thing and you don't always present your political side often.

Knives? I camp with Elsie, she's my favorite camping partner.

;)

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 09:51 PM

That and five bucks might get someone a cup of coffee at Starbucks

NapRover
09-20-2017, 09:54 PM
I am.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 09:59 PM
I am.

That's because you go back with him to that Ohio sports forum.

I'm an open guy, I post my personal, life stuff here. Pics, videos, all that.

He calls my wife a cow, mocks other members disabled, sick wife by posting pics of someone pushing a wheelchair bound person off of a cliff.

You can respect him all you want even after knowing that. I don't want this piece of shit anywhere near me or my family.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 10:00 PM
And, for the record, I stopped posting pics of my camping and travel trips here because of this scumbag.

This used to be a great forum for stuff like this. Not anymore, thank your buddy.

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 10:04 PM
Nah, go ahead. Disagreement isn't a bad thing and you don't always present your political side often.

Knives? I camp with Elsie, she's my favorite camping partner.

;)
Alright since we are internet camping.... I believe we need a strong military that is not used to project or force American ideals and agenda upon other nations not directly threatening America. However, adversarial countries may attack (not America) in ways that directly affect America and its allies that is where the problem arrives. What threat? And what potential effect? Can that be definitely determined before hostilities commence? No.

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 10:09 PM
And, for the record, I stopped posting pics of my camping and travel trips here because of this scumbag.

This used to be a great forum for stuff like this. Not anymore, thank your buddy.

Blarg!1!1!1 too bad. F him and whoever. Post that stuff. It is a wanted kind of thing. Like Chloe posting her hiking stuff. F the detractors dude. Be brave. Bethere has a choice of wives to diss. His left handed one or his right handed one .

NapRover
09-20-2017, 10:09 PM

I miss seeing pics of your trips, they are awesome.
Trust me my Ohio posts were far from friendly, extremely vicious is more like it. I took it too far and let it get to me.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Alright since we are internet camping.... I believe we need a strong military that is not used to project or force American ideals and agenda upon other nations not directly threatening America. However, adversarial countries may attack (not America) in ways that directly affect America and its allies that is where the problem arrives. What threat? And what potential effect? Can that be definitely determined before hostilities commence? No.

I'm a pacifist by nature. I believe in the "carry a big stick rule".

I also don't trust governments, with unchallenged power. Ours included.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 10:14 PM
Trust me my Ohio posts were far from friendly, extremely vicious is more like it. I took it too far and let it get to me.

Everyone goes overboard sometimes but there are some lines a decent person doesn't cross.

bethere crossed them, repeatedly. So much that, unprecedentedly the hole has a rule now.

I never considered political rivals here enemies because we did a good job of weeding the trash out and keeping the decent people. That policy hasn't been met lately.

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm a pacifist by nature. I believe in the "carry a big stick rule".

I also don't trust governments, with unchallenged power. Ours included.

We would make good mates on the wall at the Alamo

Bethere
09-20-2017, 10:17 PM

Water under the bridge, buddy.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 10:25 PM
We would make good mates on the wall at the Alamo

The same one Ozzy pissed on?

:biglaugh:

jimmyz
09-20-2017, 10:29 PM
The same one Ozzy pissed on?

:biglaugh:

I would prefer to be off duty when the piss arrived. I might have mistaken him for a dirty Mexican regular.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Republicans are currently the only viable alternative to democrats and democrats have basically become marxists. Hence my support of republicans. I prefer the libertarian wing of the party.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 10:50 PM
Republicans are currently the only viable alternative to democrats and democrats have basically become marxists. Hence my support of republicans. I prefer the libertarian wing of the party.

Vote third party.

Trump's election was notable to the extent that he wasn't an out-of-the-box establishment Republican. The desire for alternatives to establishment candidates is there. The hard part is getting over the fear of voting for the lesser of the two evils.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Vote third party.

Trump's election was notable to the extent that he wasn't an out-of-the-box establishment Republican. The desire for alternatives to establishment candidates is there. The hard part is getting over the fear of voting for the lesser of the two evils.
I couldn't risk hillary appointing SCOTUS justices this time. There is a good chance that I'll vote libertarian next time, assuming they run a reasonable candidate.

Green Arrow
09-20-2017, 10:56 PM
I couldn't risk hillary appointing SCOTUS justices this time. There is a good chance that I'll vote libertarian next time, assuming they run a reasonable candidate.

Your vote didn't impact the results one bit. Neither did mine, or anyone else's outside a couple states.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:01 PM
Your vote didn't impact the results one bit. Neither did mine, or anyone else's outside a couple states.
Are you saying voting is a waste of time?

Crepitus
09-20-2017, 11:01 PM
I find interesting just how many folks here won't claim the republican party.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 11:04 PM

Trust me, I get that.

As a side note, who cast the vote that enabled O'bammycare?

In the end, does it matter?

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Do you "claim" the democrap party? If so, LOLOLOL!!!!!

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 11:05 PM

3 million Rodham voters might agree.

I voted for Johnson last two elections. If only out of integrity.

I stopped voting against candidates sometime back.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Trust me, I get that.

As a side note, who cast the vote that enabled O'bammycare?

In the end, does it matter?

It doesn't. I refuse to comply with that shit law.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 11:09 PM
It doesn't. I refuse to comply with that shit law.

Establishment Republicans are quickly learning the art of spending middle class dollars on job security.

So if Rodham is in office, would there be any difference?

Trump failed in repealing the law. Granted the GOP establishment Congress failed his attempt, but still - did Trump make a difference in this aspect?

Nope.

Green Arrow
09-20-2017, 11:11 PM

Yes.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Establishment Republicans are quickly learning the art of spending middle class dollars on job security.

So if Rodham is in office, would there be any difference?

Trump failed in repealing the law. Granted the GOP establishment Congress failed his attempt, but still - did Trump make a difference in this aspect?

Nope.

Trump did what was in his power: relax the enforcement of the individual mandate. That, beating hillary, and the SCOTUS appointment is good enough for the time being. More elections coming next year. Will the dems lose even more seats?

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Yes.
Did you vote?

Green Arrow
09-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Did you vote?

Yes.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:16 PM
Yes.
If it's a waste of time, why?

Crepitus
09-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Do you "claim" the democrap party? If so, LOLOLOL!!!!!

I am a Democrat. I have never made any bones about it.

Do I agree with the entire party platform? No.

Do I support every Democratic candidate? No.

But I don't try to disown the whole party just because of that.

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 11:23 PM
Trump did what was in his power: relax the enforcement of the individual mandate. That, beating hillary, and the SCOTUS appointment is good enough for the time being. More elections coming next year. Will the dems lose even more seats?

All fair points.

My guess, no - they will gain seats. Voters are ebb and tide. Trump's sinking approval rating is what I'm basing my opinion on.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:24 PM

I stand by my LOLOLOL!!!! then. How many more losses can you guys take?

Crepitus
09-20-2017, 11:25 PM
I stand by my LOLOLOL!!!! then. How many more losses can you guys take?

Do you change your beliefs just because you are down for the moment? I don't.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:26 PM
All fair points.

My guess, no - they will gain seats. Voters are ebb and tide. Trump's sinking approval rating is what I'm basing my opinion on.

Actually, his approval is ticking up a bit. Regardless, the dems are in chaos, embracing a boatload of silly PC thought police and antifa/blm thuggery. I see them being further marginalized by the electorate.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:27 PM
Do you change your beliefs just because you are down for the moment? I don't.
My beliefs keep me up: freedom, self-sufficiency, and smart work.

Green Arrow
09-20-2017, 11:36 PM
If it's a waste of time, why?

My vote doesn't impact the result, but it can still be used as a tool.

Green Arrow
09-20-2017, 11:38 PM

Why? The Democrats don't want us. They resorted to petty tricks and deception to keep our voices from being heard. They don't give a shit about us, why give a shit about them?

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:39 PM
My vote doesn't impact the result, but it can still be used as a tool.

How so?

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Why? The Democrats don't want us. They resorted to petty tricks and deception to keep our voices from being heard. They don't give a $#@! about us, why give a $#@! about them?

If you're a Bernie guy, they certainly did give you a thorough fvcking. I don't understand why they even have primaries when the candidate has already been chosen. It reeks of "you are free to choose, but only if you choose who we back".

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 11:42 PM
How so?

Elections are marginal, Trump won with losing over 3m of the popular vote.

That's the third party strength. Independents are really the margin elections might be defined by here on in.

Kalkin
09-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Elections are marginal, Trump won with losing over 3m of the popular vote.

That's the third party strength. Independents are really the margin elections might be defined by here on in.
Wouldn't that require them to generally support one of the major parties, then? King makers, but ultimately rather powerless once the election is over?

Captain Obvious
09-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Wouldn't that require them to generally support one of the major parties, then? King makers, but ultimately rather powerless once the election is over?

That's kind of the crux of the two-party establishment, nobody wins except them.

Kalkin
09-21-2017, 12:01 AM
That's kind of the crux of the two-party establishment, nobody wins except them.

As individuals, our best course of action is the accumulation of wealth, preferably non-titled goods and cash. The storm is coming, but shelter is available to those intelligent enough to plan ahead. Mortality is a blessing.

Crepitus
09-21-2017, 12:54 AM
My beliefs keep me up: freedom, self-sufficiency, and smart work.

I notice that doesn't actually address my post.

Crepitus
09-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Why? The Democrats don't want us. They resorted to petty tricks and deception to keep our voices from being heard. They don't give a shit about us, why give a shit about them?

Because I can accomplish more by working from within than I can from the outside.

Hal Jordan
09-21-2017, 01:07 AM
Because I can accomplish more by working from within than I can from the outside.

Not when they're obviously tearing themselves apart from the inside, which applies to both parties. It also helps explain how Trump got elected. Do you want a democrat Trump? Working within this fully corrupt system only promises the worst candidates. We have to break it before things get even worse.

Hal Jordan
09-21-2017, 01:19 AM

Listen, I think I know you well enough that I believe you didn't like Hillary (if you said something to this effect earlier, I'm sorry, but I haven't read the whole thread). The powers that be in the Democratic Party decided they wanted her, and made sure things were greatly skewed in her favor. Everyone knew she would be the nominee long before she was actually chosen. We knew the superdelegates would choose her long before they had a chance to, which disenfranchised voters for other candidates. Why vote when you know for a fact that it won't matter? In that, Bernie voters were no different than third party voters. Yeah, we knew the chances were very slim, but we voted on our principles anyway. I couldn't support either major candidate. They were both completely repulsive to me. Anyway, both parties are for more government control. Which party, then, should I support to "work from the inside"? Freedom isn't possible with either party in charge.

Ethereal
09-21-2017, 02:19 AM
I am.
I said nobody is interested in gaining his respect. You already have it, apparently.

Ethereal
09-21-2017, 02:21 AM
Water under the bridge, buddy.
lol

Ethereal
09-21-2017, 02:24 AM
It's really not that interesting. You and other people have just deluded yourselves into believing that everyone who doesn't agree with you must be a Republican. You guys have a tendency to make mistakes one after the other without skipping a beat. You should probably work on that, but I know you won't.

Ethereal
09-21-2017, 02:26 AM

The Democrat party screwed you over royally. Yet you just keep coming back for more.

Ethereal
09-21-2017, 02:34 AM
Why? The Democrats don't want us. They resorted to petty tricks and deception to keep our voices from being heard. They don't give a $#@! about us, why give a $#@! about them?

Asking a party member why they continue to be a member after getting screwed over by the party is sort of like asking a cult member why they remain in their cult. You're probably not going to get a rational explanation. Crepitus has gone so far off the reservation as a result of his party loyalty that he truly believes Donald Trump is a secret Russian agent working for Putin. And now he accuses basically everyone who doesn't mindlessly hate Trump of being a secret Republican.

Crepitus
09-21-2017, 07:36 AM
Listen, I think I know you well enough that I believe you didn't like Hillary (if you said something to this effect earlier, I'm sorry, but I haven't read the whole thread). The powers that be in the Democratic Party decided they wanted her, and made sure things were greatly skewed in her favor. Everyone knew she would be the nominee long before she was actually chosen. We knew the superdelegates would choose her long before they had a chance to, which disenfranchised voters for other candidates. Why vote when you know for a fact that it won't matter? In that, Bernie voters were no different than third party voters. Yeah, we knew the chances were very slim, but we voted on our principles anyway. I couldn't support either major candidate. They were both completely repulsive to me. Anyway, both parties are for more government control. Which party, then, should I support to "work from the inside"? Freedom isn't possible with either party in charge.

You are correct, I was not a fan of Clinton, imho she wouldn't have been much better than Trump except for the SC pick.

Yes, the party leadership screwed us (and Bernie Sanders) over. But they've been exposed, there will never be a better time to straighten the party out.

Captdon
09-21-2017, 08:43 AM
An unwillingness to share? The inability to play well with others? A lack of team-building skills?

Lol.

What did you expect, Perianne?

The refusal to give my money to freeloaders. The idea That I'm the cause of all wrong. The idea I owe anyone anything.The idea that liberals are always right. Most of all, the idea that the government knows best.

Captdon
09-21-2017, 08:47 AM

I respect @NapRover (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=2018) because he never wavers. He's a Republican and he doesn't hesitate to let you know.

I'm a Republican until something better comes along. I don't see that so I'm a Republican.

Green Arrow
09-21-2017, 08:52 AM
That's what we did with Bernie in '16. How did that work out for us?

Crepitus
09-21-2017, 09:34 AM
That's what we did with Bernie in '16. How did that work out for us?

While not the result I (we) had hoped for we did learn a lot.

ripmeister
09-21-2017, 10:02 AM
Another argument for abolishment of the EC.

Chris
09-21-2017, 10:10 AM

Actually more an argument for proportional representation.

ripmeister
09-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Actually more an argument for proportional representation.
True, which is what I would argue for in place of the current EC as long as it is true proportional representation and not winner take all.

Kalkin
09-21-2017, 10:44 AM
I notice that doesn't actually address my post.

Post something worthy of addressing and it will be done.

Captain Obvious
09-21-2017, 10:54 AM

Yeah, not really.

ripmeister
09-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Yeah, not really.

Actually, there is an argument for it not favoring third or multiparty systems.
2. It facilitates a two-party system.
Some political activists may not be fans of the two-party system, but the Republican verses Democrats structure creates more stability, according to the Asia-Pacific Economic Blog (http://apecsec.org/electoral-college-pros-and-cons/). The small number of political parties allows for generalized platforms instead of parties focused on specific issues

Crepitus
09-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Post something worthy of addressing and it will be done.

Ah.

You have a nice day, I'm done.

Kalkin
09-21-2017, 12:37 PM
Ah.

You have a nice day, I'm done.

You were done the moment you considered crossing intellects with me, son. You have a nice day, too.

MisterVeritis
09-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Obedient to authority; psychologically repressed; judgmental; fearful; prone to aggression and violence.
You answered the wrong question, the one on Democrats. This was concerning Republicans. :laugh:

MisterVeritis
09-21-2017, 12:43 PM
I am a Constitutional Conservative. We have no party. I vote Republican so I have some chance of getting some of what I want.

MisterVeritis
09-21-2017, 12:45 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bethere http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=2155528#post2155528)

I admit I laughed.

Crepitus
09-21-2017, 12:50 PM
You were done the moment you considered crossing intellects with me, son. You have a nice day, too.

Lol, I'm just declining to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person, it the gentlemanly thing to do.

You have a nice day, as previously mentioned.

Captain Obvious
09-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Actually, there is an argument for it not favoring third or multiparty systems.
2. It facilitates a two-party system.
Some political activists may not be fans of the two-party system, but the Republican verses Democrats structure creates more stability, according to the Asia-Pacific Economic Blog (http://apecsec.org/electoral-college-pros-and-cons/). The small number of political parties allows for generalized platforms instead of parties focused on specific issues

There's an argument for not putting tobasco on scrambled eggs too.

Kalkin
09-21-2017, 01:13 PM
Lol, I'm just declining to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person, it the gentlemanly thing to do.

You have a nice day, as previously mentioned.

You can't even come up with an original insult. That says it all.

ripmeister
09-21-2017, 02:48 PM
Uhhhhhh. Ok.

NapRover
09-21-2017, 03:21 PM
I carry tobasco with me in case no one has it.

Mister D
09-21-2017, 03:27 PM
I carry tobasco with me in case no one has it.
I like Tabasco but I eat at least 6 different sauces regularly. I went back to Tabasco recently and picked up their garlic sauce. Not very hot but it has a nice flavor. Their habanero sauce is borderline. It has to be used sparingly to enjoy.

resister
09-21-2017, 03:29 PM
I carry tobasco with me in case no one has it.Did Hillary teach you that? :) Remember when she was giving an interview to a black folks radio station and she was asked what item she keeps in her purse?

Mister D
09-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Did Hillary teach you that? :) Remember when she was giving an interview to a black folks radio station and she was asked what item she keeps in her purse?
Hillary in black face is cringe worthy.

pragmatic
09-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Suspect there are many who lean to the conservative side of the spectrum who do not label/declare themselves as "Republicans".

But we tend to vote for the candidate who espouses the more conservative values.

Sadly, we are often disappointed by the ineffectual quality of service we receive from our elected candidates. But there is nothing particularly new about this pattern.

resister
09-21-2017, 04:21 PM
As long as the only viable alternative is the Democratic party, I shall remain Republican.