PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Senate Special Election Primary Runoff

MisterVeritis
09-26-2017, 07:38 PM
The results are coming in.

It is early. Moore is ahead at the moment with 2% of the votes reported.

https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/roy-moore-vs-luther-strange-live-election-results

Moore was declared the winner.

Common
09-26-2017, 07:47 PM
I read moore is way ahead in the polls

Green Arrow
09-26-2017, 08:08 PM
It'll be interesting either way. Strange was Trump's pick and was a vote for the various GOP Obamacare repeal plans. Moore is Bannon's pick and would have been yet another vote against the GOP's various Obamacare repeals.

Perianne
09-26-2017, 08:10 PM
Luther Strange sounds like a Batman character.

Dangermouse
09-26-2017, 08:40 PM
Awkward! Trump's noxious little British buddy Farage was backing Moore!

ripmeister
09-26-2017, 09:00 PM
CNN just called it for Moore

ripmeister
09-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Oh Oh Alabama

MisterVeritis
09-26-2017, 10:18 PM
It'll be interesting either way. Strange was Trump's pick and was a vote for the various GOP Obamacare repeal plans. Moore is Bannon's pick and would have been yet another vote against the GOP's various Obamacare repeals.
Moore is Alabama's pick. Strange is a shady character unfit to be a Senator. Well, a Republican Senator anyway.

waltky
09-26-2017, 11:16 PM
Former judge Roy Moore defeats Sen. Luther Strange...
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
'Ten Commandments' Judge Beats 'Big Luther' in Alabama
Sep 26, 2017 - Former judge Roy Moore defeats Sen. Luther Strange in GOP primary

Firebrand jurist Roy Moore has won the Alabama Republican primary for US Senate, defeating an appointed incumbent backed by President Trump and allies of Mitch McConnell. In a victory likely to rock the party establishment, Moore defeated Sen. Luther Strange to win the GOP nomination for the Senate seat previously held by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, per the AP. Moore will face Democrat Doug Jones in a Dec. 12 special election.

http://img2-azcdn.newser.com/image/1144495-11-20170926203758.jpeg
Former Alabama Chief Justice and U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore speaks at a rally, Monday, Sept. 25, 2017, in Fairhope, Ala.

Moore is the state's former chief justice who was twice removed from his duties for defying federal courts over same-sex marriage and the public display of the Ten Commandments. Propelled by evangelical voters, Moore consolidated support from a number of anti-establishment forces, including former White House strategist Steve Bannon. Trump had been tweeting on behalf of "Big Luther" Tuesday, and he appeared with him at a campaign rally last week.

http://www.newser.com/story/249218/bannons-candidate-beats-trumps-in-alabama-race.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top

midcan5
09-27-2017, 07:08 AM
The south will rise again, well maybe.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/01/alabama_schools_earned_a_d-plu.html

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them." Barry M. Goldwater

ripmeister
09-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Moore is Alabama's pick. Strange is a shady character unfit to be a Senator. Well, a Republican Senator anyway.
I'm sure you are pumped about this. Moore has been calling for a Constitutional Convention of the States for years.:grin:

MisterVeritis
09-27-2017, 10:38 AM
I'm sure you are pumped about this. Moore has been calling for a Constitutional Convention of the States for years.:grin:
I am unaware of Moore's support for the convention of States project.

In my opinion, we selected Moore because he won't be McConnell's lap dog.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2017, 12:53 PM
It doesn't make a difference no matter who they elected.

Green Arrow
09-27-2017, 12:53 PM
It doesn't make a difference no matter who they elected.
Sure it does.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Sure it does.

How are they different? They pretty much held the same position on most issues.

Green Arrow
09-27-2017, 01:14 PM
For one, Strange represented a chance for the GOP to pass one of their myriad Obamacare repeal bills. Moore would have been one more vote against.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2017, 02:12 PM
For one, Strange represented a chance for the GOP to pass one of their myriad Obamacare repeal bills. Moore would have been one more vote against.. I heard Moore say that he would be a yes vote on the repeal proposals. He claimed that his position has been misrepresented by his opponents.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Strange is establishment GOP, McConnell's boy. Moore is not.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2017, 02:17 PM
On to the election.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Strange is establishment GOP, McConnell's boy. Moore is not.

There's no substance there. The fact is, there's no significant difference in the positions they hold.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2017, 02:45 PM
There's no substance there. The fact is, there's no significant difference in the positions they hold.
Your comments are not relevant.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Your comments are not relevant.

Whatever.

There's no significant difference in where each stand on the issues.

MisterVeritis
09-27-2017, 03:28 PM
Whatever.

There's no significant difference in where each stand on the issues.
You may have the last, dull, boring, word.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2017, 03:32 PM
You may have the last, dull, boring, word.

Whatever...

Peter1469
09-27-2017, 04:59 PM
The south will rise again, well maybe.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/01/alabama_schools_earned_a_d-plu.html

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them." Barry M. Goldwater
The only reason Moore won is because the Establishment is utterly corrupt.