PDA

View Full Version : tPF Democrats: It's Time To Move On

Green Arrow
09-27-2017, 03:10 PM
This post may be unnecessary, as it seems leaders of the Democratic Party are considering working with the president on a couple issues, but I'm going to post it anyway. It shouldn't need to be said, but responses to this thread should be civil and follow the rules.

It's time for the Democrats to move on. I understand that you were all taken aback when Trump won. It was largely unexpected, given the type of man he is. However, it's been ten months since he won and eight months since he took office. You all put up a valiant effort to oppose him, but to what end? The defeats he has suffered have largely been the result of division in the GOP and the judicial branch, not anything Democrats have done.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the president any more than you do. I was on record throughout the election opposing Trump, as well as over the last eight months. I also like results, and right now you guys are not producing any. The result is the partisan divide in our country is growing, not shrinking, and nothing substantive is actually getting done.

Let's stop the brinkmanship. Let's stop the division. Trump sucks, he's also president, and nothing is likely to change that before 2020. So oppose him on the issues he's wrong on, and work with him in areas he's willing to work with you on. Show him and the rest of the country that you're willing to put your own pride and self-interest aside for the betterment of the country.

"Never Trump" was great during the election, but now Trump has happened. It's time for y'all to put together an actual agenda that you stick to, and then find ways to get that agenda passed as best as you can in Trump's America. I believe it can be done, but this childish nonsense and division needs to be put away for it to happen.

What do y'all have to offer? What path forward do you have to fix our country?

Tahuyaman
09-27-2017, 03:23 PM
If the Democrats oppose his policy ideas and proposals, they should continue their opposition. They do need to provide ideas as to how they propose to address the issues.

JVV
09-27-2017, 03:26 PM
This post may be unnecessary, as it seems leaders of the Democratic Party are considering working with the president on a couple issues, but I'm going to post it anyway. It shouldn't need to be said, but responses to this thread should be civil and follow the rules.

It's time for the Democrats to move on. I understand that you were all taken aback when Trump won. It was largely unexpected, given the type of man he is. However, it's been ten months since he won and eight months since he took office. You all put up a valiant effort to oppose him, but to what end? The defeats he has suffered have largely been the result of division in the GOP and the judicial branch, not anything Democrats have done.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the president any more than you do. I was on record throughout the election opposing Trump, as well as over the last eight months. I also like results, and right now you guys are not producing any. The result is the partisan divide in our country is growing, not shrinking, and nothing substantive is actually getting done.

Let's stop the brinkmanship. Let's stop the division. Trump sucks, he's also president, and nothing is likely to change that before 2020. So oppose him on the issues he's wrong on, and work with him in areas he's willing to work with you on. Show him and the rest of the country that you're willing to put your own pride and self-interest aside for the betterment of the country.

"Never Trump" was great during the election, but now Trump has happened. It's time for y'all to put together an actual agenda that you stick to, and then find ways to get that agenda passed as best as you can in Trump's America. I believe it can be done, but this childish nonsense and division needs to be put away for it to happen.

What do y'all have to offer? What path forward do you have to fix our country?

I agree with you almost 100% but

(a) I'm not a Democrat so you didn't make this thread to me, and

(b) Is there anything Trump is not wrong on?

Green Arrow
09-27-2017, 03:29 PM
I agree with you almost 100% but

(a) I'm not a Democrat so you didn't make this thread to me, and

(b) Is there anything Trump is not wrong on?

I believe that Trump is a rudderless opportunist. He will sign on to anything if he thinks it makes him look good.

The Xl
09-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Trump is an easy target if you go after his policy and record. The problem is, the Dems can't pursue this line of attack because they're just as incompetent, if not more so, on the issues and policy. So they'll yell about Russia and will continue to be ignored.

Tahuyaman
09-27-2017, 03:58 PM
Trump is a populist not an ideologue.

So far the Democrats haven't presented any ideas. That's not a winning strategy for the future.