PDA

View Full Version : This Is Why So Many Don't Pay Taxes

jgreer
10-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Its because they are too poor! Half of the workers in this country make less than $26,000.

The gap between the United States’ rich and poor continued to grow last year, according to new government wage data.

With pay down and fewer jobs available, the Social Security Administration’s figures highlight one of the major issues of the Occupy Wall Street movement - widening income disparity, the Associated Press reported.

Continue Reading
Text Size
-+reset Listen
Latest on POLITICO
Sunday shows: Qadhafi's death
Cantor speech abruptly canceled
My family's flight from Castro
Bloomberg campaign aide convicted
Big (political) pop culture moments
Davis: Dem operatives silent on W.H.
POLITICO 44

The SSA said 50 percent of workers made less than $26,364 last year — and most Americans have fewer job opportunities available to them. But the wealthiest Americans are relatively unscathed, with those earning $1 million or more jumping 18 percent from 2009.

Total employment fell again last year, dropping from 150.9 million in 2009 to 150.4 million in 2010. And in 2007, at the height of the recession, there were still 5.2 million more jobs than in 2010, the AP wrote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66547.html#ixzz1bRMdPFrO

Mister D
10-21-2011, 01:02 PM
What impact does the importation of gradeschool educated Mexicans have on income gaps? Just curious.

jgreer
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Not relevant and another strawman

This isnt about Mexicans the article is about Americans

Mister D
10-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Not relevant and another strawman

This isnt about Mexicans the article is about Americans

Again, what effect do you think the importation of millions of gradeschool educated Mexicans has and will continue to have on income gaps?

jgreer
10-21-2011, 01:10 PM
There is no import of millions of Mexicans so its not a real question. Mexicans didn't commit mortgage fraud and walk away with millions of dollars and no jail time

Mister D
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM
There is no import of millions of Mexicans so its not a real question. Mexicans didn't commit mortgage fraud and walk away with millions of dollars and no jail time

Actually, blacks and browns not being able to pay their mortgage bills was part of the problem but I digress. What impact do you think the importation of millions of uneducated and unskilled Mexicans impacts our wealth gap? Will it widen existing gaps? Close them?

jgreer
10-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Browns?? LOL.

I don't know why everything is about race with you. People including white people didn't pay mortgages they couldn't afford but that is not their fault. If I charge you more money than you make for something is it your fault you don't make more money? Of course not.

Prove that there are millions of Mexicans being imported you keep saying that but it is not true

Mister D
10-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Browns?? LOL.

I don't know why everything is about race with you. People including white people didn't pay mortgages they couldn't afford but that is not their fault. If I charge you more money than you make for something is it your fault you don't make more money? Of course not.

Prove that there are millions of Mexicans being imported you keep saying that but it is not true

No, you said Mexicans were not commiting insurance fraud.

Where do you think the largest chunk of migrants are coming from? Sweden?

jgreer
10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
millions is an exaggeration and there aren't enough of them to explain why we have the wealth gap that we do. a few illegals has been going on for many years but there was never a gap like this during all of that time

Mister D
10-21-2011, 03:09 PM
millions is an exaggeration and there aren't enough of them to explain why we have the wealth gap that we do. a few illegals has been going on for many years but there was never a gap like this during all of that time

I'm not trying to explain the wealth gap. I'm asking what all this migration does to impact the wealth gap. BHetter still, what will it do to our welfare state?

jgreer
10-21-2011, 03:49 PM

I'm not trying to explain the wealth gap. I'm asking what all this migration does to impact the wealth gap. BHetter still, what will it do to our welfare state?

So you are ignoring the point of this topic and starting your own. Why dont you start your own topic if you want to talk about that? If you do it I will post there.

Mister D
10-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Its because they are too poor! Half of the workers in this country make less than $26,000.

I think my questions are more than relevant. We keep increasing the ranks of the poor. What do you expect to happen?

MMC
10-22-2011, 01:34 AM

Millions is an exaggeration??? Not quite. A few ??? I don't think the numbers reflect a few.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration_to_the_United_States

Illegal immigration to the United States refers to the act of foreign nationals violating U.S. immigration policies and national laws by entering or remaining in the United States without proper permission from the United States government.[1][not in citation given]

An illegal immigrant is an alien (non-citizen) who has entered the United States without government permission or stayed beyond the termination date of a visa.[2]

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.[3] Other estimates range from 7 to 20 million.[4] According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 56% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 22% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[5] 13% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe and Canada; and 3% were from Africa and the rest of the world.

Illegal immigrants continue to outpace the number of legal immigrants—a trend that's held steady since the 1990s. While the majority of illegal immigrants continue to concentrate in places with existing large Hispanic communities, increasingly illegal immigrants are settling throughout the rest of the country.[6]

An estimated 13.9 million people live in families in which the head of household or the spouse is an illegal immigrant.[6] Illegal immigrants arriving in recent years tend to be better educated than those who have been in the country a decade or more. A quarter of all immigrants who have arrived in recent years have at least some college education. Nonetheless, illegal immigrants as a group tend to be less educated than other sections of the U.S. population: 49 percent haven't completed high school, compared with 9 percent of native-born Americans and 25 percent of legal immigrants.[6]

Illegal immigrants work in many sectors of the U.S. economy. According to National Public Radio in 2005, about 3 percent work in agriculture; 33 percent have jobs in service industries; and substantial numbers can be found in construction and related occupations (16 percent), and in production, installation, and repair (17 percent).[6] According to USA Today in 2006, about 4 percent work in farming; 21 percent have jobs in service industries; and substantial numbers can be found in construction and related occupations (19 percent), and in production, installation, and repair (15 percent), with 12% in sales, 10% in management, and 8% in transportation.[7] Illegal immigrants have lower incomes than both legal immigrants and native-born Americans, but earnings do increase somewhat the longer an individual is in the country.[6]

A percentage of illegal immigrants do not remain indefinitely but do return to their country of origin; they are often referred to as “sojourners: they come to the United States for several years but eventually return to their home country."[

Illegal entry Main article: Illegal entry#United States
The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that 6–7 million unauthorized migrants came to the United States via illegal entry, accounting for probably a little over half of the total population.[20] There are an estimated half million illegal entries into the United States each year.[20][23]

A common means of border crossing is to hire professionals who smuggle illegal immigrants across the border for pay. Those operating on the US-Mexico border are known informally as "coyotes".....snip!

Then there are the impacts.....which cannot be denied. Also then there is Bill Gates who testified before Congress that we needed more Student and Worker Visas for other immigrants coming to this country. Looking for higher increases in population from the Asian Countries and or East. Which includes India and Pakistan.
Noticeable is the comparison of Mexicans as opposed to other foreigners with respects to education and skills. Again which the US government already knows. Despite Political parties agendas.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks, MMC. I don't generally feel obligated to provide a source for what is common knowledge.

MMC
10-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks, MMC. I don't generally feel obligated to provide a source for what is common knowledge.

Np bro.....I thought about just putting up the page of links on what the Impact is and has been. In Which the Mexican government doesn't do what it can to educate their poor people.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 12:09 PM

Np bro.....I thought about just putting up the page of links on what the Impact is and has been. In Which the Mexican government doesn't do what it can to educate their poor people.

Mexico is a mess and it's a mess they are insisting we clean.

Elibe
10-22-2011, 12:28 PM
jgreer didn't want this thread to be about mexico lol

MMC
10-22-2011, 12:59 PM

Well technically it is a cause. Still the stat is like 42% of Americans don't pay taxes.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 01:10 PM

One of the pitfalls of an unmoderated forum. :-\

MMC
10-22-2011, 01:12 PM

One of the pitfalls of an unmoderated forum. :-\

I can live with it..... ;)

Conley
10-22-2011, 01:15 PM
:D

Yeah, me too.

jgreer
10-22-2011, 01:29 PM
I made a new thread since Mister D is so stubborn.

Let's talk about it there:

http://politirant.com/the-latest-happenings/illegal-immigration-from-mexico/msg18889/#new

Mister D
10-22-2011, 02:25 PM

http://politirant.com/the-latest-happenings/illegal-immigration-from-mexico/msg18889/#new

I already responded, greer.

jgreer
10-22-2011, 02:44 PM

Obviously I posted that link way before you posted your replies. I don't know why you felt the need to post that but whatever.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 03:18 PM

Obviously I posted that link way before you posted your replies. I don't know why you felt the need to post that but whatever.

I was just letting you know. :)