PDA

View Full Version : Why is Rice silent?

PhineasTBluster
11-19-2012, 02:56 PM
If anyone thinks our UN Ambassador is qualified and capable enough to serve with distinction as Secretary of State need only look at a couple things to more clearly see that she is in no way qualified or capable to serve in this position.

1. The paternalistic nature in which Obama defended her is probably the most telling. Where was this same circling of the wagons when Eric Holder came under fire for "Fast and Furious". For those who cry sexism, let me just say that Obama's decision that his paternalism was necessary in defending this potentional nominee is in and of itself more sexist than anything I have seen coming from the conservative opposition to her nomination.

2. The fact that she either unwittingly or purposely misled the American people no less than 5 times on the Sunday after the Benghazi murders tells anyone that she certainly isn't the one to be entrusted with the sensitive information that our Secretary of State needs to know to do their job. My fear is that she may be unable to fully understand the implications of the information she is given as it pertains to the national security of our country.

3. For the female members of Congress who held a press conference today in support of Rice, I can only say that you and the liberal MSNBC talking heads are the only people I have heard make reference to her race or gender as possible reasons why her opponents are against her. The race and gender card is played here to deflect from her obvious diplomatic shortcomings.

Cigar
11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
http://indepthafrica.com/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Condoleezza-Rice_2.jpg

Excuse me … I'll sell you one (1) Mushroom Cloud ... if you're stupid enough to believe it. :laugh:

Mainecoons
11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Rice will say and do as told, regardless of whether it requires her to lie or not. Makes her very well qualified for the Obama Maladministration.

truthmatters
11-19-2012, 04:03 PM
rumor and inuendo.

Gee the right just cant deal in facts

hanger4
11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
rumor and inuendo.

And you and others here and on the left are denying the facts of this story.

Rice lied, either knowingly or unknowingly. Someone in/at the WH knows.

The CIA/WH knew with in 24 hours this was not "the video made um do it" scenario.

Rice was sent out 5 days later to lie.

The questions are why ??

Why send Rice out and not the SoS or even Petraeus ??

Why give Rice a lie to tell ??

Why did the WH feel the need to lie about what happened in Benghazi ??

hanger4
11-19-2012, 04:29 PM
rumor and inuendo.

BTW what are the "facts" to this story ??

You deny what's out there now so I'd love to hear which version of the story you subscribe to.

Cigar
11-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Under George W Bush

Colin Powell 2001 through 2005
Condoleezza Rice 2005 through 2009

2001 New York, United States = 2958 Killed
2002 US Consulate in Pakistan = 10 Killed
2004 Embassy on Uzberkistan = 2 Killed
2004 US Consulate in Saudi Arabia = 8 Killed
2006 US Consulate in Syria = 1 Killed
2008 Embassy in Yemen = 10 Killed

Total = 2989

Under Barack Obama

Hilary Clinton

2012 US US Consulate in Benghazi = 4 Killed

hanger4
11-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Under George W Bush

Total = 2989

Under Barack Obama

Hilary Clinton

The only way your little screed becomes relevant is to show the cover-up in each instance you listed.

Other than that your post is a FAIL.

Cigar
11-20-2012, 08:32 AM
The only way your little screed becomes relevant is to show the cover-up in each instance you listed.

Other than that your post is a FAIL.

But I want Answers! :tongue: ... and The American People Need Answers! :wink:

hanger4
11-20-2012, 08:37 AM
But I want Answers! :tongue: ... and The American People Need Answers! :wink:

No need to confirm your failed post it's quite evident.

patrickt
11-20-2012, 09:02 AM
http://indepthafrica.com/magazine/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Condoleezza-Rice_2.jpg

Even by Cigar standards this is an incredibly stupid and pointless post.

Excuse me … I'll sell you one (1) Mushroom Cloud ... if you're stupid enough to believe it. :laugh:

patrickt
11-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Under George W Bush

Total = 2989

Under Barack Obama

Hilary Clinton

Still going for distractions? Well, what else do you have?

Cigar
11-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Still going for distractions? Well, what else do you have?

What else do I need ... other than the Facts :)

hanger4
11-20-2012, 09:43 AM
What else do I need ... other than the Facts :)

Then what are the facts in this Rice Benghazi scenario ??

respectfulguest
11-20-2012, 10:17 AM
when the Obama Administration and its supporters can no longer defend a policy or actions an excuse or comparison to the prior Admin is made instead of taking accountability, some posts to this thread being a perfect example.

Cigar
11-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Question:

If President Obama comes out and says; " I and me alone", "gave" Susan Rice exactly what "I", The President of The United States, wanted her to mention involving this insolent and to mention this as a Terrorist Attack, because "I" and "me" alone wanted to protect ongoing Covert Operations in Libya.

Would any of the 4 American be alive? Outsource not ... !

If I was the President, I'd tell McCain and Graham that when they become President of The United States, they can tell their US Ambassador watever the Fuck they want ... but for now, I'm The President of The United States ... so go Fuck yourselves.

:)

hanger4
11-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Question:

If I was the President, I'd tell McCain and Graham that when they become President of The United States, they can tell their US Ambassador watever the Fuck they want ... but for now, I'm The President of The United States ... so go Fuck yourselves.

Still doesn't explain why Rice was told to lie.

All she or the WH had to say is "we don't know why and we're investigating", but they didn't, they purposely pushed a story they knew was untrue.

Not to mention why Rice ??

Why not someone in the know, such as Clinton or Petraeus ??

Cigar
11-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Still doesn't explain why Rice was told to lie.

All she or the WH had to say is "we don't know why and we're investigating", but they didn't, they purposely pushed a story they knew was untrue.

Not to mention why Rice ??

Why not someone in the know, such as Clinton or Petraeus ??

That's an "easy" question to answer; because The President of The United States of America told her to.

... I think the President already said, "if you have a problem .. come see me"

In other words ... The Buck Stops with ME ... Bitches now STFU :)

Cigar
11-20-2012, 10:59 AM
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/jd121119.gif

hanger4
11-20-2012, 11:04 AM
That's an "easy" question to answer; because The President of The United States of America told her to.

So the President told her to lie for, I'm assuming national security reasons, that's plausible, but unlikely cause they knew the truth would come out. Saying they don't know all the reasons yet is the truth and no cover up is necessary. That's the simplest way, so no, they have a reason to cover-up.

I think the President already said, "if you have a problem .. come see me"

Two months after that fact ??

Why wait so long ??

In other words ... The Buck Stops with ME ... Bitches now STFU :)

Getting harder and harder to defend the President in the face of the truth ain't it Cigar.

Cigar
11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
So the President told her to lie for, I'm assuming national security reasons, that's plausible, but unlikely cause they knew the truth would come out. Saying they don't know all the reasons yet is the truth and no cover up is necessary. That's the simplest way, so no, they have a reason to cover-up.

Two months after that fact ??

Why wait so long ??

Getting harder and harder to defend the President in the face of the truth ain't it Cigar.

Executive Privilege - you know ... the type of stuff George Bush and Dick Cheney did every day while they where in the White House.

Deal with it ... because you have 4 more years of it.

hanger4
11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Executive Privilege - you know ... the type of stuff George Bush and Dick Cheney did every day while they where in the White House.

Deal with it ... because you have 4 more years of it.

Whatever Cigar, you've done nothing but run around the known truth of this issue since it inception.

You can holler scream four more years till your fingers are bloody and it still won't allay the fact that the WH is cover-up mode.

Cedric
11-20-2012, 11:56 AM
If anyone thinks our UN Ambassador is qualified and capable enough to serve with distinction as Secretary of State need only look at a couple things to more clearly see that she is in no way qualified or capable to serve in this position.

1. The paternalistic nature in which Obama defended her is probably the most telling. Where was this same circling of the wagons when Eric Holder came under fire for "Fast and Furious". For those who cry sexism, let me just say that Obama's decision that his paternalism was necessary in defending this potentional nominee is in and of itself more sexist than anything I have seen coming from the conservative opposition to her nomination.

2. The fact that she either unwittingly or purposely misled the American people no less than 5 times on the Sunday after the Benghazi murders tells anyone that she certainly isn't the one to be entrusted with the sensitive information that our Secretary of State needs to know to do their job. My fear is that she may be unable to fully understand the implications of the information she is given as it pertains to the national security of our country.

3. For the female members of Congress who held a press conference today in support of Rice, I can only say that you and the liberal MSNBC talking heads are the only people I have heard make reference to her race or gender as possible reasons why her opponents are against her. The race and gender card is played here to deflect from her obvious diplomatic shortcomings.

I agree with your assessment and conclusions but I want to add that she's silent and most Democrat leaders are silent because all of them know the dangers of answering their critics in such a was as inadvertently bringing Obama into the Benghazi-gate issue. Rice obfuscated because Obama told her to do exactly that. Obama vehemently defended her because if he even thinks about resorting to his traditional solution of tossing her under the bus she just might tell the nation about Obama's part in her lies.

Then, too, if Obama really intends to recommend her for the Secretary of State position [something that she's not qualified to become] then anything she says or does now would affect her in a negative way during confirmation hearings.

Deadwood
11-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Rice will say and do as told, regardless of whether it requires her to lie or not. Makes her very well qualified for the Obama Maladministration.

That's pretty much the way Obama wants things. He's too spoiled and egotistic to tolerate any difference of opinion. Call me an information sieve or just stupid but what happened to Hillary. The last I heard, Onama had a dear in the headlights moment after Hillary said she was planning to serve in the second term and Baby Barack had nothing to say..."ah, yeah, sure, we'd, ah, be happy to have her stay on..."

What happened since? I missed it

Cigar
11-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Whatever Cigar, you've done nothing but run around the known truth of this issue since it inception.

You can holler scream four more years till your fingers are bloody and it still won't allay the fact that the WH is cover-up mode.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4870768582788798&pid=1.7&w=138&h=143&c=7&rs=1

hanger4
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4870768582788798&pid=1.7&w=138&h=143&c=7&rs=1

Nice ride Cigar, I'm not the crying 4 more years every time you get bitch-slapped.

Deadwood
11-20-2012, 02:46 PM
I agree with your assessment and conclusions but I want to add that she's silent and most Democrat leaders are silent because all of them know the dangers of answering their critics in such a was as inadvertently bringing Obama into the Benghazi-gate issue. Rice obfuscated because Obama told her to do exactly that. Obama vehemently defended her because if he even thinks about resorting to his traditional solution of tossing her under the bus she just might tell the nation about Obama's part in her lies.

Then, too, if Obama really intends to recommend her for the Secretary of State position [something that she's not qualified to become] then anything she says or does now would affect her in a negative way during confirmation hearings.

There is no evidence Obama instructed her to lie. There is the distinct possibility that she's a complete bonehead and simply didn't grasp what she was being told. The fact that with the same evidence she had, Obama was on the campaign trail saying the same thing.

He has always played it down; "not optimal".

bladimz
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM

Other than that your post is a FAIL.The fact that cover-ups (in which Condi Rice as Sec. of State, was involved) were used in each of the examples he presented is exactly why his post is not a fail. Condi Rice suffered no reprisal, and Susan, not even Sec. of State, is being butchered by the GOP for her "lies".

hanger4
11-21-2012, 01:59 PM
The fact that cover-ups (in which Condi Rice as Sec. of State, was involved) were used in each of the examples he presented is exactly why his post is not a fail. Condi Rice suffered no reprisal, and Susan, not even Sec. of State, is being butchered by the GOP for her "lies".

Condi Rice was the victim of failed intelligence.

intelligence.senate.gov/080605/phase2a.pdf (http://intelligence.senate.gov/080605/phase2a.pdf)

Susan Rice was instructed to lie.

hanger4
11-21-2012, 02:08 PM
The fact that cover-ups (in which Condi Rice as Sec. of State, was involved) were used in each of the examples he presented is exactly why his post is not a fail. Condi Rice suffered no reprisal, and Susan, not even Sec. of State, is being butchered by the GOP for her "lies".

Sorry bout the DP

bladimz
11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
First, i'm curious as to why anyone here thinks they have a grip on the "facts" involving Benghazi. All you know is what unclassified information has been offered. I don't pretend to know and i'm not sure why anyone else here would.

I hope no one here is saying she's not qualified to serve as SoS beecause Graham and John "I'm Nuckin' Futs" McCain say she's not. I hope you can offer some of your own reasons...

Why is she quiet? Could it be that she has been advised by legal counsel to maintain silence in this affair? I think that might be the case. But i don't know.

hanger4
11-21-2012, 02:38 PM
First, i'm curious as to why anyone here thinks they have a grip on the "facts" involving Benghazi. All you know is what unclassified information has been offered. I don't pretend to know and i'm not sure why anyone else here would.

I hope no one here is saying she's not qualified to serve as SoS beecause Graham and John "I'm Nuckin' Futs" McCain say she's not. I hope you can offer some of your own reasons...

Why is she quiet? Could it be that she has been advised by legal counsel to maintain silence in this affair? I think that might be the case. But i don't know.

One glaring fact, the CIA/WH knew within a few days the Benghazi attack was a terrorist not a "the video made um do it" spontaneous attack.

Yet 5 days later Susan Rice claimed on the various talking head shows it WAS a "the video made um do it" spontaneous attack.

She lied.

PhineasTBluster
11-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Under George W Bush

Total = 2989

Under Barack Obama

Hilary Clinton

1. The White House and intelligence community leveled with the American people as soon as they knew who was responsible..
2. All the people killed in this bomb explosion were Pakistanis.
3. Both fatalities were Uzbekistan security guards at the front gate. Again a bomb.
4. A Yemeni, a Sudanese, a Phillipino, a Pakistani and a Sri Lankan were the casualities here. No American dead. Not even the ambassador!
5. Car bomb. No Americans killed here.
6. Well, I'll be. Seems no American diplomats were killed here either.

So Cigar, it would seem that you are attempting to blow smoke up someone's backside. Perhaps you should research your claims a little more thoroughly prior to posting them. It's just not right to compare apples and dates. So Benghazi was the only attack on a US consulate that caused American deaths since the decade of the 70's. It further was the only attack on sovereign US soil that I can remember where the administration tried to tell the American people one thing as it pertains to causation, while full well knowing something else.

Mitt Romney called it for what it was shortly after midnight. He was villified mercilously by the press. Obama and his minions lie about for over two weeks and somehow that's OK? What the hell are you smokin'?

PhineasTBluster
11-21-2012, 07:47 PM

A few minor differences. NO AMERICANS DIED IN ANY OF THOSE CAR BOMBINGS/ATTACKS. THE CONSULATES/EMBASSIES WERE NOT OVER RUN, AND THE ADMINISTRATION DIDN'T LIE ABOUT THEM.

PhineasTBluster
11-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Question:

I wish he would tell McCain and Graham that. Problem is, he's telling the American people to go fuck themselves and you liberal panty waists are lappin' it up.