PDA

View Full Version : American women have minds of their own — and Michelle Obama isn't happy about it

Chris
10-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Michelle has developed an odd view of women.

American women have minds of their own — and Michelle Obama isn't happy about it (http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/354099-american-women-have-minds-of-their-own-and-michelle-obama-isnt-happy)

Michelle Obama left the White House with a favorability rating of 68 percent, which was 10 points higher than her husband. Americans appreciated the first lady, who they saw as a good wife and mother, an advocate for worthy causes such as children's health and as a positive role model, particularly for girls and young women.

Such a popular figure could do a tremendous amount of good today if she directed her attention to bringing people together by finding common ground and advancing important causes. That's why it's such a shame that she is instead pushing people farther apart and fomenting partisanship at its worst.

In recent days, Obama belittled all women who failed to vote for Hillary Clinton during the last election, saying: “Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice.” She claimed that she wasn't concerned about how this affected Clinton, but what it meant for women themselves who “like the thing (they're) told to like.”

What an amazingly paternalistic and insulting view of women.

Common
10-07-2017, 01:37 PM
At one time that worked with women, not any more, they dont let anyone push them into a corral and act like the herd, at least the women I know dont.

Chris
10-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Mia Love on Michelle Obama's 'Identity Politics' Hypocrisy (https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/10/09/mia-love-on-michelle-obamas-hypocrisy-n2392576)

...Rep. Mia Love, a proud black Republican woman from Utah, rejected Mrs. Obama's notions over the weekend.

"Sadly, this is identity politics," she said. "I don't know if she noticed, but I am not white and I am not a male."

Mrs. Obama's divisive remarks are typical tactics employed by Democrats to win elections, Love insisted. They could care less about policy.

It is "hypocritical" for Democrats like Mrs. Obama to decry the GOP's supposed lack of diversity, when liberal leaders like Nancy Pelosi are actively trying to unseat her, the only black female Republican in Congress. They are trying to replace her with...a white male.

"Nancy Pelosi will actually go out and recruit someone to try and take out the only black Republican female that we have out there," Love noted. "And wait for it, she's actually replacing me with a white male Democrat."

I'll add a few cents of my own. Did Mrs. Obama forget the demographics of the 2016 presidential candidates? On one side, there were all white, older candidates. The eventual nominee, Hillary Clinton, had little competition, even from her closest competitor Bernie Sanders, thanks to the DNC's rolling out the red carpet for her. On the other side of politics, there was youth, there were female candidates, and there were African-American candidates. The latter were Republicans.

Captain Obvious
10-10-2017, 06:55 PM
It's the protected class mentality, "us against them".

How will a society integrate if that's the underlying core of major demographics?

On a side note, women who did not vote for Rodham because they could not respect the fact that Rodham stayed loyal to the whoremongering brand name just so she could run on it's ticket voted as such because they were strong women, not blind cheerleaders.

Mister D
10-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Reminds sme of a couple of our so called feminists. It's also the sort of thing that has helped make feminism marginal.

Adelaide
10-10-2017, 07:06 PM
It was a stupid thing to say.

I will vote for a female candidate when a qualified one that represents my values, and with ethics hits the field.

jimmyz
10-10-2017, 07:09 PM
How can so many smart people be so wrong about their so-called female base.