PDA

View Full Version : Antifa has a violent day planned for Columbus Day

Chris
10-08-2017, 02:51 PM
The video at the link reminds me of ISIS and other terrorist videos.

Antifa has a violent day planned for Columbus Day (http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/10/08/antifa-has-a-violent-day-planned-for-columbus-day-heres-what-theyre-going-to-do-in-your-city/)

Antifa factions nationwide plan to deface and destroy statues of Christopher Columbus on Monday, the day Americans nationwide will celebrate the Italian navigator who was the first European explorer to discover the Americas.

In September, a New York City-based radical anarchist group known as “Revolutionary Abolitionist Movement” called on Antifa groups nationwide to participate in “Deface Columbus Day,” where anarchists plan to “decorate” their local neighborhoods. RAM is an “extremely militant group that advocates for the violent redistribution of property” and for “the abolition of gender,” according to Far Left Watch.

The group even made a promotional video for the day, which shows anarchists dressed in black defacing and destroying monuments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU-Xl8fBVNA

...Far-left wing Americans and groups like Antifa despise Christopher Columbus because he allegedly exemplified many things that anarchists will use revolutionary violence to oppose, such as colonialism, capitalism and racism.

gamewell45
10-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Probably not a good idea for them to attempt to deface and/or destroy statues of Christopher Columbus since if they are caught by the public in general it could result in a very unpleasant experience for them.

Common
10-08-2017, 04:20 PM
I posted this earlier, and that NYPD has a 24 hr guard detail on the cities columbus statue.

Tahuyaman
10-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Probably not a good idea for them to attempt to deface and/or destroy statues of Christopher Columbus since if they are caught by the public in general it could result in a very unpleasant experience for them.

I've never seen a statue of Christopher Columbus. Are they common in parts of the country?

Grokmaster
10-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Don't get "the Italian-American community" mad at you :

Common
10-08-2017, 05:22 PM
I've never seen a statue of Christopher Columbus. Are they common in parts of the country?
I know they are in the northeast where there is a large Italian American population.