PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fines Polamalu 10K For Calling His Wife

Conley
10-22-2011, 09:15 AM
NEW YORK -- Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu, the 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, has been fined $10,000 for talking on a cell phone while in the bench area. Possession of cell phones in the bench area during a game is prohibited beginning 90 minutes before kickoff through the end of the game.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Polamalu was calling his wife to assure her he wasn't seriously injured. He sustained what the team called a "very mild" concussion and was removed from the game as a precaution.

Polamalu kept his helmet on save for a brief phone conversation with his wife. Possession of cell phones in the bench area during a game is prohibited beginning 90 minutes before kickoff through the end of the game. Tomlin said it was a team doctor's phone that Polamalu used.

Tomlin had hoped the NFL wouldn't discipline Polamalu over it.

"It wasn't a personal call. He wasn't checking on his bank account," Tomlin said Tuesday. "He was talking to his wife to let her know that he was fine."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7131025/pittsburgh-steelers-troy-polamalu-fined-10k-making-sideline-cell-phone-call

The NFL is completely out of control man. Meanwhile the coaches can act like jackasses and there is no fine. I'm not saying the coaches should be fined, but they should be consistent. In my mind neither action justifies any significant penalty. It seems like the NFL and the Commish in general has a need to stick it to the Pittsburgh Steelers. He has a close relationship with the owner of the New England Patriots and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 09:36 AM
That would have been awesome if he really was checking on his bank balance. ;D He'd become my third favorite player after Brady and of course JC.

That is kind of silly. There should always be at some discretion when it comes to fines and penalties. I guess they are just applying the rules with zero exceptions.

Conley
10-22-2011, 12:31 PM
That would have been awesome if he really was checking on his bank balance. ;D He'd become my third favorite player after Brady and of course JC.

That is kind of silly. There should always be at some discretion when it comes to fines and penalties. I guess they are just applying the rules with zero exceptions.

:D :D :D

MMC
10-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Cypress Hill - (Rock) Superstar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4VpE-0zitU#)

32 Teams.....hundreds of players and Brady as an example of QB. It's just a matter of time. Always gonna be some new back, new cat, coming up on the block, gonna be some old school with new tool, and then some that just Wanna-be. Just a matter of time. ;) :D ;D

Mister D
10-22-2011, 07:29 PM

32 Teams.....hundreds of players and Brady as an example of QB. It's just a matter of time. Always gonna be some new back, new cat, coming up on the block, gonna be some old school with new tool, and then some that just Wanna-be. Just a matter of time. ;) :D ;D

If any of these new cats start suing the homeless I will have mad respect for them too. 8)

Conley
10-22-2011, 07:31 PM
:rofl: I don't think you'll ever see another NFL qb pull that off. Brady's magic is one of a kind. ;) Then again I wouldn't be shocked if I heard of JC doing this.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 07:35 PM
:rofl: I don't think you'll ever see another NFL qb pull that off. Brady's magic is one of a kind. ;) Then again I wouldn't be shocked if I heard of JC doing this.

That really is a one of a kind touch. Now Cutler, I could see him opening a shelter. He has learned to empathize with the suffering of other people. :)

Conley
10-22-2011, 07:36 PM
:D You are getting your JCs mixed up.

MMC
10-22-2011, 10:38 PM

If any of these new cats start suing the homeless I will have mad respect for them too. 8)

As long as it is not a Vet then Brady doesnt have a problem. He sues a Homeless Vet. We end his career and make him look like Carol. ;)

Conley
10-22-2011, 10:55 PM
:D

It wouldn't bother me at all if Brady retired tomorrow.

MMC
10-22-2011, 11:06 PM
:D

It wouldn't bother me at all if Brady retired tomorrow.

I can Picture a Joe Thiesmen Ending for Brady myself. I luv seeing him and Manning really taking some pops. Course now Aaron Rodgers to.

Conley
10-22-2011, 11:10 PM
:D Yeah I like seeing them get smacked around but I wouldn't wish the Theismann on anyone except maybe Osama >:D

MMC
10-22-2011, 11:41 PM
:D Yeah I like seeing them get smacked around but I wouldn't wish the Theismann on anyone except maybe Osama >:D

Aaaaaah.....who's wishing. I just think it would be something like that. Plus Thiesmann was talking all that shit that year and it was not just that last game it was all season. It was like every team wanted his azz. Bad-like.

Conley
10-22-2011, 11:47 PM

Aaaaaah.....who's wishing. I just think it would be something like that. Plus Thiesmann was talking all that shit that year and it was not just that last game it was all season. It was like every team wanted his azz. Bad-like.

:D :D ;) I hear ya Brutha.