PDA

View Full Version : Who Was The Biggest Influence?

Perianne
10-20-2017, 08:46 PM
Who was/is the biggest influence on your political views?

I came of age politically during the Carter/early Reagan administrations. And while my mother was a strict conservative, the biggest influence on me was James Earl Carter Jr. Carter was and still is a clown.

Green Arrow
10-20-2017, 08:59 PM
My dad. He raised me to be a conservative Republican, but he never prevented me from studying other paths and following them. He encouraged me, and frequently debated with me to help me hone my own ideas and ability to defend them. Nowadays I'm the one convincing him to follow certain paths :tongue: But I wouldn't be half the person I am without him.

Green Arrow
10-20-2017, 09:00 PM
Outside of family and friends though, I'd have to say Theodore Roosevelt.

Crepitus
10-20-2017, 09:25 PM
I don't really get inspired by people, it's just not who I am. My parents were kinda causal republicans for a while, and then kinda casually Democrats without ever putting any effort into it.

I was pretty apolitical until my middle 20s, and it was seeing the shambles other countries had made themselves often through inept government that made me who I am today politically.

jimmyz
10-20-2017, 10:18 PM
My parents until I became an adult. Now I am stuck with me for better or worse. It is interesting seeing my kids political paths take shape.

Kacper
10-21-2017, 05:48 AM
Me. Observation is the basis of my political opinions. I observe what I see around me, decide what should be addressed , and figure out what way would best address it. I guess I am in the Anecdotal Party of One.