PDA

View Full Version : Silverglate: How Robert Mueller Tried To Entrap Me

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 02:23 AM
Silverglate: How Robert Mueller Tried To Entrap Me (http://news.wgbh.org/2017/10/17/silverglate-how-robert-mueller-tried-entrap-me)

Mueller has a history of abusing his position as a prosecutor. He should have been stripped of his license to practice law a long time ago.

Is special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, appointed in mid-May to lead the investigation into suspected ties between Donald Trump’s campaign and various shady (aren’t they all?) Russian officials, the choirboy that he’s being touted to be, or is he more akin to a modern-day Tomas de Torquemada (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom%C3%A1s_de_Torquemada), the Castilian Dominican friar who was the first Grand Inquisitor in the 15th Century Spanish Inquisition?

When Mueller was the acting United States Attorney in Boston, I was defense counsel in a federal criminal case in which a rather odd fellow contacted me to tell me that he had information that could assist my client. He asked to see me, and I agreed to meet. He walked into my office wearing a striking, flowing white gauze-like shirt and sat down across from me at the conference table. He was prepared, he said, to give me an affidavit to the effect that certain real estate owned by my client was purchased with lawful currency rather than, as Mueller’s office was claiming, the proceeds of illegal drug activities.

My secretary typed up the affidavit that the witness was going to sign. Just as he picked up the pen, he looked at me and said something like: “You know, all of this is actually false, but your client is an old friend of mine and I want to help him.” As I threw the putative witness out of my office, I noticed, under the flowing white shirt, a lump on his back – he was obviously wired and recording every word between us.

Years later I ran into Mueller, and I told him of my disappointment in being the target of a sting where there was no reason to think that I would knowingly present perjured evidence to a court. Mueller, half-apologetically, told me that he never really thought that I would suborn perjury, but that he had a duty to pursue the lead given to him. (That “lead,” of course, was provided by a fellow that we lawyers, among ourselves, would indelicately refer to as a “scumbag.”)

Read the rest of the article. This guy is a piece of work.

Common
10-21-2017, 05:57 AM
I read this yesterday and didnt post it, mueller was chosen because of that willingness to get trump. I believe muellers mission was to get something anything at all costs. If there were any red meat to be had, it would have come out already. Now hes digging to the bones to find anything negative to report

Crepitus
10-21-2017, 06:18 AM
Weren't you guys both pretty pleased with the choice of Mueller as special counsel several months ago when he was picked?

Common
10-21-2017, 06:22 AM
Weren't you guys both pretty pleased with the choice of Mueller as special counsel several months ago when he was picked?
Not that I remember I wasnt and thats because as soon as he was chosen it was reported he was one of Comeys closest friends.

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 08:17 AM

I didn't think a special prosecutor should have been picked.

But at that time Mueller's public reputation was stellar. It seems as if that may have been incorrect.

Dangermouse
10-21-2017, 08:19 AM
He must be getting close to toppling the false idol.

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 08:20 AM

Not from the leaks. They have moved from "collusion" (what crime is that) to incompetence (what crime is that).

MisterVeritis
10-21-2017, 11:49 AM
Mueller does not appear to be getting closer to anything.

In my opinion, Mueller will be one of the investigated, along with Rosenstein and McCabe, Holder, and Clinton.

Captdon
10-21-2017, 11:53 AM

I wasn't. Choosing him was like choosing HRC to investigate. He's as partisan as they come. Now all he has found points to his side.

Dangermouse
10-21-2017, 12:05 PM
Not from the leaks. They have moved from "collusion" (what crime is that) to incompetence (what crime is that).

Collusion/conspiracy.

Dangermouse
10-21-2017, 12:06 PM
I wasn't. Choosing him was like choosing HRC to investigate. He's as partisan as they come. Now all he has found points to his side.

As if there were no points at all?

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 12:11 PM
Collusion/conspiracy.

For which crime.

lol

MisterVeritis
10-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Collusion/conspiracy.
You are thinking of Democrats who promised to be more flexible with Putin, who were bribed and extorted with millions of dollars to sell out the nation. But that is okay.

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 12:24 PM
You are thinking of Democrats who promised to be more flexible with Putin, who were bribed and extorted with millions of dollars to sell out the nation. But that is okay.

The dems were selling our uranium to Russia and had the nerve to make up the collusion / golden shower meme.

Kalkin
10-21-2017, 12:27 PM

You really think that russian uranium scandal leads all the way to obama?

Crepitus
10-21-2017, 01:02 PM

He's a republican isn't he?

AZ Jim
10-21-2017, 03:44 PM
Repubs: "Mueller was ok until he actually started a "real" investigation of our orange god!"