PDA

View Full Version : GOP Congress Presides Over Highest Spending Since Obama’s Stimulus

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 02:38 AM
GOP Congress Presides Over Highest Spending Since Obama’s Stimulus (https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/gop-congress-presides-over-highest-spending-obamas-stimulus)

I left the GOP in 2006 because they were spending like drunken democrats. It continues. These fools are going to bust the US dollar and crash the economy.

Real federal spending in fiscal 2017, which ended on Sept. 30, was higher than in any year in the history of the United States other than fiscal 2009, which was the year that President Barack Obama’s $840 billion stimulus law was enacted.

Fiscal 2017 also saw the second highest real federal individual income tax totals of any year in U.S. history, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today. (https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/mts0917.pdf)

Total federal tax revenues were the third highest in U.S. history.

I know many don't think that debt matters. But if that is the case, end all taxes and just print money to run the government on.

DGUtley
10-21-2017, 04:27 AM
This spending is treasonous and suicidal. BBA. Slay the beast.

Common
10-21-2017, 05:55 AM
They are spending more, the debt is increasing and they want a tax cut for corporations and the rich. If they get hammered in 2018, they would deserve it

waltky
10-21-2017, 06:04 AM
Granny says, "Dat's right...

... dem politicians is spendin' money...

... like dey's no tomorrow."

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 08:02 AM
Cutting corporate taxes should increase tax revenue. But not by huge numbers.

I don't see any reason to cut the rates on the rich. There are too many ways to avoid taxes when you have money. If they don't use them, that isn't our problem.

DGUtley
10-21-2017, 08:04 AM
Cutting corporate taxes should increase tax revenue. But not by huge numbers. I don't see any reason to cut the rates on the rich. There are too many ways to avoid taxes when you have money. If they don't use them, that isn't our problem.

I personally don't think we should cut personal income taxes. I think we should cut corporate taxes, hoping to lure these corporations back here. I also think we should massively cut spending.

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 08:22 AM
I personally don't think we should cut personal income taxes. I think we should cut corporate taxes, hoping to lure these corporations back here. I also think we should massively cut spending.

Spending is the problem. We can't tax ourselves enough to cover the deficit. It is impossible.

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 08:56 AM
Spending is the problem. We can't tax ourselves enough to cover the deficit. It is impossible.

I think it was the 2012 elections where numbers were floated for raising taxes. The most draconian tax increase was said to increase revenues by $240B. That would have covered only 30% of the then deficit. And those calculations were static. Not dynamic. They did not consider whether such tax increases would have crashed the economy and resulted in less tax revenues.

Captain Obvious
10-21-2017, 11:33 AM

Linking this topic to the IRA cap suggestion thread connect the dots.

Incentivizing retirement savings by INCREASING the IRA cap and reducing personal income taxes I think would be prudent but decreasing the cap and leaving personal income taxes the same induces spending.

MisterVeritis
10-21-2017, 11:38 AM
This spending is treasonous and suicidal. BBA. Slay the beast.
There is only one way to amend the Constitution now. It is through the Article V process that flows through the state legislatures. The Congress will not fix the problems the Congress created.

MisterVeritis
10-21-2017, 11:42 AM
They are spending more, the debt is increasing and they want a tax cut for corporations and the rich. If they get hammered in 2018, they would deserve it
I like you but you speak like every garden variety Marxist. Who should receive a tax rate cut? Should it be the taxpayer? If so why do you greedily insist on "the rich" paying a greater tax rate than you do? In my opinion, this sort of thinking is the root of much evil.

We need across the board tax rate cuts. We also need spending cuts for every program that lives without a Constitutional basis.

Peter1469
10-21-2017, 11:43 AM
If government cuts taxes that necessarily means that those who pay taxes get relief.

Otherwise it is redistribution of wealth.