PDA

View Full Version : Libyan Rebels Refuse To Allow Autopsy on Gaddafi

Conley
10-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Military commanders in the Libyan city of Misrata said Saturday that no post-mortem would be carried out on the body of Moamer Kadhafi despite concerns over how the toppled dictator died.

Interim leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil said an investigation was being conducted into the circumstances of Kadhafi's killing following his capture, bloodied but still alive, during the fall of his hometown Sirte on Thursday, after several foreign governments and human rights watchdogs posed questions.

But the military leadership in Misrata, where Kadhafi's body had been stored in a vegetable market freezer overnight and was again put on display for hundreds of curious onlookers on Saturday, insisted the inquiry would involve no autopsy.
"There will be no post-mortem today, nor any day," Misrata military council spokesman Fathi al-Bashaagha told AFP. "No one is going to open up his body."

http://news.yahoo.com/libyans-rule-kadhafi-post-mortem-134737206.html

IMO they should just bury him and move on. There's nothing to investigate here.

MMC
10-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Plus they have his one kid on display. Also there is that factor of being a Muslim and his buriel rights. Humanitarian groups are starting to shout out.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 04:02 PM
It was only a matter of time before this guy punched out. Now what happens?

Elibe
10-22-2011, 05:12 PM
good question

who is the rebel leader

Mister D
10-22-2011, 06:55 PM
good question

who is the rebel leader

The article mentions this dude: Mustafa Abdel Jalil. They've thrown a Wiki page for him. Apparently, he worked for Kadhafi. That strikes me as kind of odd...

From 2007 to 2011, Abdul Jalil was Minister of Justice (officially, the Secretary of the General People's Committee of Justice) under Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi.[2] He has been noted in some news media for his stance against various human rights violations in Libya, although others express a different view and accuse him, for example, of intransigence during the appeal by the Bulgarian nurses (that sentence was later converted to life imprisonment and the nurses were eventually released). During the civil war, Abdul Jalil was identified as the Chairman of the National Transitional Council based in Benghazi, although this position was contested by others in the uprising due to his past direct participation to Gaddafi's government as Minister of Justice for four years until 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Abdul_Jalil

Conley
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Weird...that's even worse than Perry switching from a Dem to a Republican! :o :o ;D

Mister D
10-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Weird...that's even worse than Perry switching from a Dem to a Republican! :o :o ;D

It's supposed to be a revolution, right? It just seems weird that they would install a Kadhafi guy even if temporarily.

Conley
10-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Yep, it seems weird to me too. These things often don't turn out well, I guess it's the lack of planning. Seems like all the uprising in Egypt accomplished was to put the military in charge of the country.

Mister D
10-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Yep, it seems weird to me too. These things often don't turn out well, I guess it's the lack of planning. Seems like all the uprising in Egypt accomplished was to put the military in charge of the country.

Only time will tell, I guess.

MMC
10-22-2011, 10:24 PM
good question

who is the rebel leader

The article mentions this dude: Mustafa Abdel Jalil. They've thrown a Wiki page for him. Apparently, he worked for Kadhafi. That strikes me as kind of odd...

From 2007 to 2011, Abdul Jalil was Minister of Justice (officially, the Secretary of the General People's Committee of Justice) under Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi.[2] He has been noted in some news media for his stance against various human rights violations in Libya, although others express a different view and accuse him, for example, of intransigence during the appeal by the Bulgarian nurses (that sentence was later converted to life imprisonment and the nurses were eventually released). During the civil war, Abdul Jalil was identified as the Chairman of the National Transitional Council based in Benghazi, although this position was contested by others in the uprising due to his past direct participation to Gaddafi's government as Minister of Justice for four years until 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Abdul_Jalil

He use to work for the former Dynasty before Gadhafi.....then helped Gadhafi in his coup. Another who switches flags when the wind blows thru. Except this time he has helped to offer up his country as a Sunni puppet government and lackeys for the French.

Which BTW I am trying to decide what day we can have kick a Frenchmen in the azz day. I was thinking sometime around Christmas so we could tell them it is a gift that keeps on giving. ;)

Conley
10-23-2011, 09:14 AM
One of those types, eh? Is it for certain that he will rule the new government or do you think there'll be a power struggle for control?

Mister D
10-23-2011, 11:11 AM
One of those types, eh? Is it for certain that he will rule the new government or do you think there'll be a power struggle for control?

That kind of guy must be pretty common under regimes Omar's. YOu are never really secure. It must be like being a mafioso. Always looking over your shoulder...

MMC
10-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Plus they take the chance that the Other Berbers rise up and will not accept Sunni rule. Nor the French behind the scene. Plus now they are not following buriel procedures with him. Nor his son. This could stir some things up. Plus Gadhafi's daughter and two other sons got out.

Mister D
10-23-2011, 05:35 PM
Plus they take the chance that the Other Berbers rise up and will not accept Sunni rule. Nor the French behind the scene. Plus now they are not following buriel procedures with him. Nor his son. This could stir some things up. Plus Gadhafi's daughter and two other sons got out.

This isn't an old school monarchy. The surviving children will go into an obscure if comfortable retirement from political life.

jgreer
10-23-2011, 06:45 PM

What do you have against the French? They are one of our closest allies and you are constantly bashing them. I do not understand why that is.

MMC
10-23-2011, 10:58 PM

What do you have against the French? They are one of our closest allies and you are constantly bashing them. I do not understand why that is.

Why, because the French opted out with the War on Terror. Because the French tried to keep all intel agenies from getting anything from their Interpol. Because the French lied to its allies and made a play in the UN and with the Sunni decided to go after the One Opec Country that don't follow suit with what the Sunni always want.
Because the French Lied to The US Ambassador. Then lied to our top people forcing Clinton to do a 180 on her remarks. Because the French Offically recognized a group of rebels and failed to tell it's allies that it was doing such.

The French have been screwing us over any chance they could get. Going after the US Dollar. As well as France cheating everybody else in the EU over fiscal policy and putting all the weight on Germany to bail everybody else out. While the French sit on their hands and spend money they do not have. Then spend others people money which they seek aid for.

Oh, and then there is NAM. The French and the Sunni have a lot in common. They both could not win a conventional war in any shape, way, or form. They both couldnt fight their way out of wet paper bag. If this is what you call an Ally. Then we can do without their friendship. It's real simple we don't need them. Nor should we take any shit from them. Ever!