PDA

View Full Version : Trumps Ratings Are At An All Time Low

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 12:54 AM
President Trumps ratings have apparently hit an all time low according to Pollsters Gallup. His disapproval ratings at now listed at 61% The lowest they've been since September 2016 when they were listed at 60% disapproval.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-apos-approval-rating-150244892.html

Looks like the president needs a big victory sometime soon to bring up his ratings; can it be done?

Dr. Who
10-22-2017, 01:04 AM
President Trumps ratings have apparently hit an all time low according to Pollsters Gallup. His disapproval ratings at now listed at 61% The lowest they've been since September 2016 when they were listed at 60% disapproval.

Looks like the president needs a big victory sometime soon to bring up his ratings; can it be done?

It seems like he's losing about a point a month. Historically an unpopular President has only been able to regain popularity when there is a national threat. Watch the situation with NK carefully.

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 01:07 AM
It seems like he's losing about a point a month. Historically an unpopular President has only been able to regain popularity when there is a national threat. Watch the situation with NK carefully.

I think if things keep going the way they are, he'll end up being the President with the lowest approval ratings in the history of this country. His methods are definitely unconventional compared to other Presidents.

Dr. Who
10-22-2017, 01:12 AM
I think if things keep going the way they are, he'll end up being the President with the lowest approval ratings in the history of this country. His methods are definitely unconventional compared to other Presidents.
You have the gift of the understatement.

Common Sense
10-22-2017, 01:34 AM
In modern history, there has never been an American president who was this unpopular this early in his presidency. Nor has there been a president who has been this divisive or this incompetent.

However, in this post fact era, it's probably just fake news or commie America hating lies...

Crepitus
10-22-2017, 01:36 AM

I thought he already was.

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 01:48 AM

Ok, I'm gonna try to be nice. Several of our conservative members have tried to tell me that he's new at the job, doing his best, etc.

I would get that if he even had the first inkling of what our constitution stands for.

Number one and the MOST important thing to me, no citizen of this country ever will be required to blindly ever swear allegiance to it or stand for a national anthem. People died so that this would never happen. We have the freedom to criticize our government and we all have the freedom to say when we think our country is wrong on any issue. That does not mean we disrespect our fallen soldiers who died for this right. It means we honor them! Being able too kneel during the national anthem is not disrespectful to our country. It is a right that few others have. It honors our country. It means we are free.

We in the USA have freedom. I have traveled to several countries to play hockey. There are a few where you can be jailed or worse, if you don't stand with your country's flag. I would hope that all of us here would never feel like that.

This is the USA. And we do whatever we want. Because this is a free country.

I have always stood for our anthem in other countries. But only because we have stood for the right of the individual to never have to be forced to pledge allegiance to any country.

The moment we give up that right is the moment we can no longer call ourselves the United States of America. And that will be the moment where I lose faith in my great country.

But you know what? That will never happen. Because I will never let it happen.

Cletus
10-22-2017, 02:46 AM
No one has said you have to blindly do anything. You have a right to kneel or talk or scratch your crotch during the national anthem. Other people have a right to call you a lowlife, scumbag pile of shit for doing so.

That is what makes America great.

Common
10-22-2017, 03:07 AM
In modern history, there has never been an American president who was this unpopular this early in his presidency. Nor has there been a president who has been this divisive or this incompetent.

However, in this post fact era, it's probably just fake news or commie America hating lies...
There has never been an american president assaulted from all directions 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. There has never been an american president that has gotten the amount of negative press, void of positive press. There has never been an american president that has had more fake news stories created about them to denigrate them.

But hey hes doing well, the entire left said he would be gone within 6 months, then they made it 10 months, well here we are.

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 03:09 AM

It's just a liberal plot. :)

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 03:10 AM
There has never been an american president assaulted from all directions 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. There has never been an american president that has gotten the amount of negative press, void of positive press. There has never been an american president that has had more fake news stories created about them to denigrate them.

But hey hes doing well, the entire left said he would be gone within 6 months, then they made it 10 months, well here we are.

There has never been an American president this stupid. Tweet storms anyone? He's the worst since GW2. You defend this moron, but if Obama pulled this crap, you'd scream holy murder and rightfully so. I would too.

But your morals left the station a long time ago. You will never be the party of "family values"again.

So at least we got that BS out of the way. We now know that was nothing you ever cared about. But man, you put on a good show.

Common
10-22-2017, 03:12 AM
There has never been an American president this stupid.*

Your empty opinion doesnt count

Common Sense
10-22-2017, 03:14 AM

You have been blinded by partisan politics.

Trump has been mainly criticized by what he says and does. It's not as if he has been accused of being a foreign born Muslim communist who hates America and wants to destroy all that is good and decent.

How quickly some forget...

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 03:22 AM

Defend Trump. Go ahead, I'll wait.

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 03:23 AM

I've been on this planet for over 50 years. I've never seen anything this stupid.

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 03:26 AM

Oh please tell me what wondrous things this asshole has done.

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 03:29 AM

Oh please. I guess you forgot what you assholes did to Obama.

But OK, brag about Trump's accomplishments.

We will NEVER stop. We learned from you.

I hope we never stop. This man is embarrassing.

Common
10-22-2017, 03:32 AM
Oh please. I guess you forgot what you assholes did to Obama.

But OK, brag about Trump's accomplishments.
Leekohler you continue to be sarcastic and insulting and many times making it personal. No one is insulting you, its YOU that insults in most every thread. Why dont you try another approach, you are no less guilty of being a hyper partisan than anyone else on this forum.

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 03:47 AM

Leekohler you continue to be sarcastic and insulting and many times making it personal. No one is insulting you, its YOU that insults in most every thread. Why dont you try another approach, you are no less guilty of being a hyper partisan than anyone else on this forum.
List Trump's "accomplishments" or get the hell out. So far, he's managed to shit on trans folks in the military while crying enrollment is down. Kicked them out, even though they wanted to serve. Now claims to need a draft.

And really, who would be dumb enough to willingly join the military now?

Nobody, that's why there is talk of a draft now.

So really, don't give me your BS.

leekohler2
10-22-2017, 03:49 AM

Tell me right now what makes you proud about Trump?

Well, it's time for bed. I have no time for your BS. Night night. I have no time for you to "think" about it.

Common
10-22-2017, 04:37 AM
You have been blinded by partisan politics.

Trump has been mainly criticized by what he says and does. It's not as if he has been accused of being a foreign born Muslim communist who hates America and wants to destroy all that is good and decent.

How quickly some forget...

More partisan distortion from you, you like others here that bemoan partisan conservatives when you are more partisan than most everyone here and blindly partisan.

I am not going to even attempt again to debate that obama had his ass kissed by the media for 8 full years that hid all his failures and lies and only touted all the wonderful things that he did that made hillary lose the election and lose the house and the senate and more govnorships and statehouses than any other potus. Or that trump has never gotten a minutes reprieve from the left wing press that has proven to have lied many times and created fake news and made retractions.

There is no debate its fact period

Common
10-22-2017, 04:38 AM
Tell me right now what makes you proud about Trump?

Well, it's time for bed. I have no time for your BS. Night night. I have no time for you to "think" about it.
_ _ _ _

Captdon
10-22-2017, 09:53 AM

It doesn't matter what his national approval is. All that matters is what his rating is in states that get him to 270. They do now.

MisterVeritis
10-22-2017, 09:55 AM

We will have eight Trump years.

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 10:04 AM
It doesn't matter what his national approval is. All that matters is what his rating is in states that get him to 270. They do now.

While it's true that he hit the magic number of states required to win the Presidency, his confidence level by the public has dropped to an all time low; you are paying his salary and he's only doing his job 39% of the time. If you are an employer and your employee was only doing his job 39% of the time, wouldn't that be a concern to you?

Safety
10-22-2017, 10:22 AM
While it's true that he hit the magic number of states required to win the Presidency, his confidence level by the public has dropped to an all time low; you are paying his salary and he's only doing his job 39% of the time. If you are an employer and your employee was only doing his job 39% of the time, wouldn't that be a concern to you?

For them, it depends on the level of infatuation with the employee....

resister
10-22-2017, 10:27 AM
While it's true that he hit the magic number of states required to win the Presidency, his confidence level by the public has dropped to an all time low; you are paying his salary and he's only doing his job 39% of the time. If you are an employer and your employee was only doing his job 39% of the time, wouldn't that be a concern to you?If you had obstructionist preventing you from doing your job, whose fault would it be?

Cletus
10-22-2017, 10:34 AM
I've been on this planet for over 50 years. I've never seen anything this stupid.

Look in a mirror.

nic34
10-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Defend Trump. Go ahead, I'll wait.

He can't, trumpy used to be a Clinton democrat during the 90s.

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 10:35 AM
If you had obstructionist preventing you from doing your job, whose fault would it be?
If I was the boss I'd go after the people obstructing my employee; ultimately the boss has to take the fall because he in effect is the captain of the ship and responsible for all actions that do and do not occur while he is in charge.

nic34
10-22-2017, 10:36 AM
If you had obstructionist preventing you from doing your job, whose fault would it be?

Too late, Obama is not president now.

resister
10-22-2017, 10:37 AM
If I was the boss I'd go after the people obstructing my employee; ultimately the boss has to take the fall because he in effect is the captain of the ship and responsible for all actions that do and do not occur while he is in charge.So what can he do about the Republicans that wont repeal and replace?

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 10:43 AM
So what can he do about the Republicans that wont repeal and replace?

I think he needs to continue to have dialogue with the current republican leadership and work to find common ground, as in compromise which is something they used to do if you look back 50-60 years ago when congress actually got things done and earned their paychecks.

Green Arrow
10-22-2017, 10:44 AM
So what can he do about the Republicans that wont repeal and replace?
Put his awesome and amazing deal-making skills to good use. Unless he doesn’t have any...

Cletus
10-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Oh please tell me what wondrous things this asshole has done.

He has told both the UN and NATO that it is time for the US to stop carrying them. He has put North Korea on notice instead of paying them off like past administrations. He has rescinded a large number of Obama's EOs. He is pushing forward on the illegal immigrant issue. It has gone from a flood to a moderate trickle and will be reduced more. He is doing everything within his power to lift the curse of Obamacare. He has placed a Justice on the Supreme Court who is a textualist and originalist in the mold of the great Justice Scalia.

I could go on, but it is a long list and I need to be on the range to teach a class in a few minutes.

Did I mention his support for the Second Amendment?

The Xl
10-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Sorry, outlets that openly have a bone to pick with him still aren't credible.

Perianne
10-22-2017, 10:58 AM
There are those of us who looooooove what Trump is doing, pretty much everything he does I stand in awe. I didn't agree with the bombing thing he did, and I dislike him throwing his political allies under the bus sometimes, but otherwise, I love what he does.

His SCOTUS nomination alone makes him worth my vote. If by chance, a liberal justice croaks or retires, President Trump has the opportunity to appoint another conservative to the court, which could change the direction of America for decades. THAT is why we elected him.

resister
10-22-2017, 11:01 AM
20600 :)

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 11:03 AM
There are those of us who looooooove what Trump is doing, pretty much everything he does I stand in awe. I didn't agree with the bombing thing he did, and I dislike him throwing his political allies under the bus sometimes, but otherwise, I love what he does.

His SCOTUS nomination alone makes him worth my vote. If by chance, a liberal justice croaks or retires, President Trump has the opportunity to appoint another conservative to the court, which could change the direction of America for decades. THAT is why we elected him.

Wouldn't it make much more sense for a judge to be appointed to SCOTUS who reads the constitution and interprets it and renders his/her decision as based on his reading of the language as opposed to one who is strictly partisan in nature?

Fredy
10-22-2017, 11:17 AM
What bones do Gallup, Reuters, Marist and Quinipiac have to pick with him?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

resister
10-22-2017, 11:27 AM
Wouldn't it make much more sense for a judge to be appointed to SCOTUS who reads the constitution and interprets it and renders his/her decision as based on his reading of the language as opposed to one who is strictly partisan in nature?That's why it was so critical that Clinton lost.

Safety
10-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Too late, Obama is not president now.

It's almost as if the entire right ideology was hit with the neuralizer from Men In Black....

http://blog.softwareinsider.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/men-in-black-neuralizer.jpg

Common
10-22-2017, 11:44 AM
It's just a liberal plot. :)
When hes re elected you can whine about another russian plot

Safety
10-22-2017, 11:54 AM
What bones do Gallup, Reuters, Marist and Quinipiac have to pick with him?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

Belief perseverance....

Perianne
10-22-2017, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't it make much more sense for a judge to be appointed to SCOTUS who reads the constitution and interprets it and renders his/her decision as based on his reading of the language as opposed to one who is strictly partisan in nature?
I view that the liberals on the court are strictly partisan. The conservatives interpret the Constitution as it is written.

Take, for example, the right to abortion. Really? There is a right in the Constitution for abortion? How many ways must one twist the beloved Constitution to find that right?

Safety
10-22-2017, 11:57 AM
...LoL.

Liberals are partisan, but the conservatives are staunch supporters of the Constitution...

I would hold a more straight face to Trump saying he was a people person....

MisterVeritis
10-22-2017, 12:00 PM
While true what can we do about the liberal judges already there?

We can hope Ginsberg will retire. That will help.

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 12:01 PM
That's why it was so critical that Clinton lost.

I can understand your position likewise I also understand peoples concerning a strictly partisan appointment. I'm sure if the wheels were turned and Clinton had been elected then your concerns might have been reversed.

Tahuyaman
10-22-2017, 12:16 PM

His approval / disapproval numbers are fluctuating in the same area they have been since before he was elected. The president he took over from was at least as divisive and incompetent.

Bethere
10-22-2017, 12:16 PM
I view that the liberals on the court are strictly partisan. The conservatives interpret the Constitution as it is written.

Take, for example, the right to abortion. Really? There is a right in the Constitution for abortion? How many ways must one twist the beloved Constitution to find that right?

Those were five Republican judges that voted for roe v wade. They didn't need any help from Democrats.

So don't blame abortion on us.

Thanks.

Fredy
10-22-2017, 12:41 PM

So the people who agree with you aren't partisan.

What a coincidence

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 01:36 PM

Being the devils advocate, is there anywhere in the constitution that says abortion isn't a right??

Perianne
10-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Being the devils advocate, is there anywhere in the constitution that says abortion isn't a right??

No. And neither is there anywhere in the Constitution that talks about the Food and Drug Administration, or other government agencies. So, it is a slippery thing to discuss when using absolutes.

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 02:08 PM
No. And neither is there anywhere in the Constitution that talks about the Food and Drug Administration, or other government agencies. So, it is a slippery thing to discuss when using absolutes.
Granted it could be a two-way slippery street when discussing absolutes but I'll be the first to admit that it can be most interesting. :)

Perianne
10-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Granted it could be a two-way slippery street when discussing absolutes but I'll be the first to admit that it can be most interesting. :)
Maybe you could start a new thread on it?

Grokmaster
10-22-2017, 03:26 PM
He has told both the UN and NATO that it is time for the US to stop carrying them. He has put North Korea on notice instead of paying them off like past administrations. He has rescinded a large number of Obama's EOs. He is pushing forward on the illegal immigrant issue. It has gone from a flood to a moderate trickle and will be reduced more. He is doing everything within his power to lift the curse of Obamacare. He has placed a Justice on the Supreme Court who is a textualist and originalist in the mold of the great Justice Scalia.

I could go on, but it is a long list and I need to be on the range to teach a class in a few minutes.

Did I mention his support for the Second Amendment?
Fingers off the triggers until ready to shoot !!!

Grokmaster
10-22-2017, 03:27 PM

Same people who had Hillary winning , as well. She lost 31 states. Yaaawwnnnn.....

AZ Jim
10-22-2017, 03:30 PM
No. And neither is there anywhere in the Constitution that talks about the Food and Drug Administration, or other government agencies. So, it is a slippery thing to discuss when using absolutes.The Constitution may have been subject to literal interpretation for 50 years after it was drafted but not now.

AZ Jim
10-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Same people who had Hillary winning , as well. She lost 31 states. Yaaawwnnnn.....BUT had 3 MILLION more votes than orange clown.

Grokmaster
10-22-2017, 03:33 PM
BUT had 3 MILLION more votes than orange clown.

From illegals in California, ONE STATE...who cares? Once we devise the method we need to prevent the Fraudocrats from registering illegals too vote in our elections, that will change...but it doesn't matter; we will RE-ELECT him WITHOUT CALIFORNIA...who needs them?

Captdon
10-22-2017, 03:39 PM

Yea, that's a good reason not to vote for a Democrat.

Captdon
10-22-2017, 03:42 PM

Stupid argument. Nohwere does the Constitution say murder or rape isn't a right. Dumb, just plain dumb.

Captdon
10-22-2017, 03:45 PM

Which didn't mean a thing. Never has, never will. Suck it up, buttercup.

Green Arrow
10-22-2017, 03:49 PM

And that means exactly nothing.

Grokmaster
10-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Yea, that's a good reason not to vote for a Democrat.

Exactly.

MisterVeritis
10-22-2017, 03:50 PM
The Constitution may have been subject to literal interpretation for 50 years after it was drafted but not now.
Yes. We know a coup took place.

Common Sense
10-22-2017, 03:52 PM
Lol...and they complain about fake news. Hilarious.

MisterVeritis
10-22-2017, 03:54 PM
I hope democrats never figure out how Presidential races are won.

jimmyz
10-22-2017, 03:56 PM

Yet the stock market is at an all-time high. Weird.

Common Sense
10-22-2017, 04:03 PM
Stock market gains have been steadily increasing since 2009.

Grokmaster
10-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Lol...and they complain about fake news. Hilarious.

And you keep expecting us to swallow Fake News bullshit polls...just like before the election... sorry but...that is NEVER going to happen again, and Pres Trump might take 35 states next time around....

No one believes the Fake News bullcrap, except the desperate, spoonfed, left...all paid for, by this guy:

Common Sense
10-22-2017, 04:15 PM
LOL...balls deep.

Grokmaster
10-22-2017, 04:30 PM
LOL...balls deep.

"LOL". still believes Fake News media polls, and thinks we should be just as misinformed....

Peter1469
10-22-2017, 04:56 PM
Stock market gains have been steadily increasing since 2009.
Not broke like SS?

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Stupid argument. Nohwere does the Constitution say murder or rape isn't a right. Dumb, just plain dumb.

Well it was so dumb SCOTUS had to make a ruling on it didn't they?

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 06:02 PM

This is true. How long will it last for?

barb012
10-22-2017, 09:10 PM
The media can no longer be trusted to give the news honestly and without bias, what makes you think the pollsters are being honest?

gamewell45
10-22-2017, 09:51 PM
The media can no longer be trusted to give the news honestly and without bias, what makes you think the pollsters are being honest?

I would suggest that if you feel you cannot trust the pollsters, you should just ignore them. That's what I'd do anyhow. :smiley:

nic34
10-25-2017, 05:22 PM
From illegals in California, ONE STATE...who cares? Once we devise the method we need to prevent the Fraudocrats from registering illegals too vote in our elections, that will change...but it doesn't matter; we will RE-ELECT him WITHOUT CALIFORNIA...who needs them?

3 million illegals voted. Wow. Cite your proof please.

leekohler2
10-25-2017, 05:24 PM
I would say that about our president before I would say it about the media.

nic34
10-25-2017, 05:25 PM
Not broke like SS?

SS has never missed a payment. Pretty good for broke.

leekohler2
10-25-2017, 05:25 PM
3 million illegals voted. Wow. Cite your proof please.

Don't you love that claim? Dumbest one in their arsenal

leekohler2
10-25-2017, 05:26 PM
SS has never missed a payment. Pretty good for broke.

And it will continue to be good unless the gOP f***s with it.