PDA

View Full Version : The Rule Of 49

Taxcutter
11-26-2012, 09:37 AM
ObamaTax kicks in hard when a business employs 50 people or more. Obama Tax is expensive so companies are cutting work forces to avoid that tax.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_ers_74rfAHiGtYU2nHmnlIhotL

quote:
“In New York, the average employer contribution for employer-provided insurance plans, runs from $4,567 for an individual to $ 12,748 for a family. Many companies will likely choose to pay the penalty instead, which is still expensive — $2,000 per worker multiplied by the entire workforce, after subtracting the statutory exemption for the first 30 workers. For a 50-person company, then, the tax would be $40,000, or $2,000 times 20.
That might not seem like a lot, but for many small businesses that could be the difference between survival and failure.”

“…Boston Scientific has announced that it will now lay off up to 1,400 workers and shift some jobs to China.”

“…Dana Holdings, an auto-parts manufacturer with more than 25,000 employees, says it to is exploring ObamaCare-related layoffs.”

“It’s worth noting that in France, another country where numerous government regulations kick in at 50 workers, there are 1,500 companies with 48 employees and 1,600 with 49 employees, but just 660 with 50 and only 500 with 51.”

“The election showed us that ObamaCare is likely to be with us for quite some time. Unfortunately, a great many workers are about to find out the consequences of that decision.”

Taxcutter says:
ObamaTax will make 2013 a year like unto 1937, when the Great Depression took a second deep dive. Like 1937 this will be all to be laid at the feet of the federal government. A lot of people will get a lot poorer so that EBT-swipers can get free health care.

Cigar
11-26-2012, 09:59 AM
And now a word from someone who actually has a small business …

If I have a BUSINESS NEED to Employ more than 50 people … the LAST thing I’m worried about is Employer Contribution, and if my margins are that small … what the hell am I’m I hiring so many people for such small margins in the first place. Business Needs drive Employer Head Count … not taxation on Individual Health Care recipients who actually produce Business profits.

The common FEAR Republicans pettle … is FEAR of what may happen.

They always preach entrepreneurial pride, well stop being afraid all the time and act like entrepreneur’s and not like Chicken Little.

patrickt
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
More employees will become part-time. More employees will become independent contractors. When attacked, as we are attacked by the federal government, we defend ourselves.

Cigar
11-26-2012, 10:24 AM
More employees will become part-time. More employees will become independent contractors. When attacked, as we are attacked by the federal government, we defend ourselves.

So what's wrong with being an independent contractor?

That's how I got started

Cigar
11-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Health Coverage a ‘Gift' to Ourselves

One of the more curious “gifts” in Mitt Romney's list of ways Barack Obama allegedly bought off voters was letting young people up to the age of 26 stay on their parents' health plan. It was a gift, all right, a gift to America.

How so? Consider this finding in a RAND study on whether employer-based health insurance is a barrier to entrepreneurship: The rate of new business formations jumps at or around age 65 (particularly in the month that the person turns 65). What happens at age 65 is that Americans qualify for Medicare.

The authors of the study (Robert W. Fairlie, Kanika Kapur and Susan M. Gates) found the spike in business starts by those around 65 to be the purest evidence of "entrepreneurship lock" — the notion that many would-be entrepreneurs stay stuck in jobs for fear of losing health coverage.

http://www.nationofchange.org/health-coverage-gift-ourselves-1353429748