PDA

View Full Version : Senate Judiciary Chairman calls for special counsel to investigate Uranium One deal

Grokmaster
10-25-2017, 03:36 PM
It's about time we started exposing the REAL "RUSSIAN COLLUSON"....and the CRIMINAL COVERUP that followed, and a SPECIAL COUNSEL is absolutely called for , in this blatant chain of lies, bribes and coverups from the most corrupt administration in history.:

Grassley calls for special counsel to investigate Uranium One deal

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley is calling for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the Obama-era Uranium One deal, amid new revelations about the arrangement that have spurred fresh congressional probes.

Grassley, R-Iowa, tweeted late Tuesday, calling for the Justice Department to appoint an independent counsel to investigate the deal.

“Whoever in DOJ is capable w authority to appoint a special counsel shld do so to investigate Uranium One 'whoever' means if u aren’t recused,” Grassley tweeted.

His message may have been a reference to Attorney General Jeff Sessions -- who recused himself from the investigation into Russia's election meddling and potential collusion with Trump associates -- or Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Rosenstein is overseeing the Russia probe, but as a U.S. attorney reportedly helped (http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration) supervise a bribery probe into a subsidiary of the same Russian firm involved in the Uranium One deal.

The deal, which was covered extensively in 2015, concerns the 2010 approval of the sale of Canadian mining company Uranium One to Russia’s Rosatom nuclear company. The U.S. was involved because the sale gave the Russians control of part of the uranium supply in the U.S.

The Hill reported, however, that the FBI had evidence as early as 2009 that Russian operatives used bribes, kickbacks and other dirty tactics to expand Moscow’s atomic energy footprint in the U.S., related to a subsidiary of the same Russian firm. Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill quickly started asking questions about how the deal was approved the following year by an inter-agency committee.

In addition to Grassley’s calls for a special counsel investigation, House Republicans on Tuesday launched new probes into several Obama-era controversies, including administration’s approval of the deal that gave Russians partial control over American uranium reserves.

Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee Devin Nunes, R-Calif., said his committee would not “jump to any conclusions,” but would “try and get the facts.”

Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., threatened to use his subpoena power to get access to a former FBI informant in the case who apparently has not yet been released from a non-disclosure agreement. U.S. government officials have told Fox News that senior Justice Department officials are in deliberations over providing the FBI informant to Congress.
But while congressional probes and subpoena power could undercover more details, the FBI informant’s attorney, Victoria Toensing, echoed Grassley’s calls for a special counsel.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/25/grassley-calls-for-special-counsel-to-investigate-uranium-one-deal.html

Nixon Resigned for Less...A LOT LESS.

AZ Jim
10-25-2017, 03:38 PM
When Trump quits running for president we'll see how he does.

Grokmaster
10-25-2017, 03:39 PM
When Trump quits running for president we'll see how he does.

Lamest attempt to distract from the point of the thread this week. We understand your embarassment...that the entire Russia Lie is now BLOWING UP IN YOUR OWN FACES....

gamewell45
10-25-2017, 03:41 PM
I think no one should be above the law regardless of party affiliation and if the government believes that the law has been broken, I say prosecute them to the fullest extent to the law; If Clinton, Trump or other person is charged and found guilty, then they have to answer for their actions or lack thereof.

Grokmaster
10-25-2017, 03:43 PM
I think no one should be above the law regardless of party affiliation and if the government believes that the law has been broken, I say prosecute them to the fullest extent to the law; If Clinton, Trump or other person is charged and found guilty, then they have to answer for their actions or lack thereof.
And a special counsel is the way to get to the bottom of it....

Crepitus
10-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Weak attempt at a distraction.

Grokmaster
10-25-2017, 04:56 PM
Weak attempt at a distraction.

Except that there is no question that the Clinton Foundation took millions, and the FBI had an informant undercover witnesses all the bribes, the failure to report to Congress and the coverup, all of which left Putin with control of 20% of our uranium reserves (undisputed FACT), the Clintons millions richer, via the, slush fund , and the entire sordid affair hidden from the American people.

Meanwhile a year , later, the lying left, Fake News, based on the Hillary paid for DOSSIER OF LIES investigation of Pres.Trump...has NOTHING....

I love how you remain in denial...it's funny...

Crepitus
10-25-2017, 05:12 PM
Except that there is no question that the Clinton Foundation took millions, and the FBI had an informant undercover witnesses all the bribes, the failure to report to Congress and the coverup, all of which left Putin with control of 20% of our uranium reserves (undisputed FACT), the Clintons millions richer, via the, slush fund , and the entire sordid affair hidden from the American people.

Meanwhile a year , later, the lying left, Fake News, based on the Hillary paid for DOSSIER OF LIES investigation of Pres.Trump...has NOTHING....

I love how you remain in denial...it's funny...

Come up with some facts for me to be in denial about and I think about denying them.

Until then?

Fake news.

AZ Jim
10-25-2017, 05:15 PM
Major DEFLECTION!!!!

gamewell45
10-25-2017, 05:17 PM
And a special counsel is the way to get to the bottom of it....
I think whatever the justice department thinks is appropriate is the way to go.

Grokmaster
10-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Come up with some facts for me to be in denial about and I think about denying them.

Until then?

Fake news.

Just did. You prefer this:

Grokmaster
10-25-2017, 06:13 PM
Major DEFLECTION!!!!

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Grokmaster
10-25-2017, 10:22 PM
Senate judiciary is also petitioning the DOJ to release the gag order on the FBI's Uraniumgate informant....man this is GONNA BE GOOD!!!!