PDA

View Full Version : Social-media ‘call-out’ gets called out -- problems arising from social-media justice

DGUtley
10-27-2017, 07:56 AM
Social-media ‘call-out’ gets called out -- Police, other officials talk about problems arising from social-media justice. This is an interesting piece.

https://www.athensnews.com/news/local/social-media-call-out-gets-called-out/article_27feda0c-b9a0-11e7-8f0c-9b57bff7e898.html

Chris
10-27-2017, 08:07 AM
I think for the most part social media is all good and a means of free speech and exchanging opinions and presenting ideas.

But as the cop in the article says it lacks accountability.

I reported a case in San Antonio where the police are combating that. The article included a SJW who when quieted a moment was asked about accountability and she said she didn't care about facts.

With no accountability, people are free to fake facts and twist words and act like what they say is somehow strangely true because they can say it. Yelling it seems to help strengthen it.

Common
10-27-2017, 08:12 AM
I think for the most part social media is all good and a means of free speech and exchanging opinions and presenting ideas.

But as the cop in the article says it lacks accountability.

I reported a case in San Antonio where the police are combating that. The article included a SJW who when quieted a moment was asked about accountability and she said she didn't care about facts.

With no accountability, people are free to fake facts and twist words and act like what they say is somehow strangely true because they can say it. Yelling it seems to help strengthen it.

The highlighted is the real problem, they can create, say, distort anything they choose without repercussions and the legions of dim bulbs suck it up and believe it.

Social media is a courageless society where there they dont have to be concerned with accountability or consequences for what they say