PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Dems' Favorite Special Interest Group, or ......

Perianne
10-31-2017, 11:27 PM
Which of the special interest groups are the Democrats most protective?

Blacks, Latinos, homosexuals, Muslims, feminists, etc?

In other words, if special interest group X is having conflict with special interest group Y, which side will the Democrats defend?

resister
10-31-2017, 11:30 PM
Basically, if it involves a straight, middle aged, conservative white male, all others come first!

Devil'sAdvocate
11-01-2017, 01:12 AM
I think the order is:

1. Black 1.5 Hispanic, 2. Muslim, 3. Gay, 4. Woman

IMPress Polly
11-01-2017, 05:38 AM
Women are most of the population, not a "special interest group". Just to point it out.

Well anyway, you're all wrong. If you take a look at their recently-introduced Better Deal program for the 2018 midterms, you'd realize that the Democratic Party is perfectly willing to sacrifice all of those "special interests" in order to try and win over those Midwestern "straight, middle aged, conservative white male[s]" that resister refers to, as the Better Deal makes no mention of abortion rights, or Black Lives Matter or criminal justice reform, for example (meaning candidates can take whatever position they want to on those issues henceforth), and the Better Deal furthermore suggests taking up anti-immigrant stances that largely parallel those of the Republican Party in the era of Trump. It also advocates cracking down on the trend toward business consolidation, raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour, that sort of thing. So basically, the Democrats are moving back toward traditional New Dealism in response to the "election" of Trump because the New Deal Democrats were able to win the Midwestern, working class, "straight, middle aged, conservative white male[s]" that resister references.

For my taste, George McGovern was the best candidate the Democrats ever nominated. He represented the youth of the 1960s and '70s and their program. He greatly democratized the Democratic Party's primary process, began to actively bring young women and people of color into the party, and, unlike the New Deal Democrats, stood opposed to the Vietnam War, while also advocating a progressive economic program that called for things like the nationalization of health insurance. Of course, that made him non-electable, and so by the late 1970s, the Democrats had begun moving away from at least one of those populistic ideas: economic populism. By the 1990s, they had returned to a more aggressively militaristic foreign policy agenda while deepening their commitment to pro-corporate economic neoliberalism. Now they're trying to course correct in the direction of what white, Midwestern male workers want because Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and Iowa went for Trump last year, but I object to their throwing women and people of color under the bus in the process. Only corporate America should get thrown under the bus here, IMO. Whether it's actually electable or not, I wish the Democrats could revisit a straightforward program of both economic and social populism of the kind of that McGovern represented.

Safety
11-01-2017, 05:57 AM
Women are most of the population, not a "special interest group". Just to point it out.

Well anyway, you're all wrong. If you take a look at their recently-introduced Better Deal program for the 2018 midterms, you'd realize that the Democratic Party is perfectly willing to sacrifice all of those "special interests" in order to try and win over those Midwestern "straight, middle aged, conservative white male[s]" that resister refers to, as the Better Deal makes no mention of abortion rights, or Black Lives Matter or criminal justice reform, for example (meaning candidates can take whatever position they want to on those issues henceforth), and the Better Deal furthermore suggests taking up anti-immigrant stances that largely parallel those of the Republican Party in the era of Trump. It also advocates cracking down on the trend toward business consolidation, raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour, that sort of thing. So basically, the Democrats are moving back toward traditional New Dealism in response to the "election" of Trump because the New Deal Democrats were able to win the Midwestern, working class, "straight, middle aged, conservative white male[s]" that resister references.

For my taste, George McGovern was the best candidate the Democrats ever nominated. He represented the youth of the 1960s and '70s and their program. He greatly democratized the Democratic Party's primary process, began to actively bring young women and people of color into the party, and, unlike the New Deal Democrats, stood opposed to the Vietnam War, while also advocating a progressive economic program that called for things like the nationalization of health insurance. Of course, that made him non-electable, and so by the late 1970s, the Democrats had begun moving away from at least one of those populistic ideas: economic populism. By the 1990s, they had returned to a more aggressively militaristic foreign policy agenda while deepening their commitment to pro-corporate economic neoliberalism. Now they're trying to course correct in the direction of what white, Midwestern male workers want because Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and Iowa went for Trump last year, but I object to their throwing women and people of color under the bus in the process. Only corporate America should get thrown under the bus here, IMO. Whether it's actually electable or not, I wish the Democrats could revisit a straightforward program of both economic and social populism of the kind of that McGovern represented.

The OP was just an attempt to try and get people to get defensive or argue amongst themselves. It's funny, there are so many conservatives here that say liberals are obsessed with race and sexual deviancy, yet liberals aren't the ones creating those types of threads or attempting to imply there was a hierarchy in place.

Kacper
11-01-2017, 06:50 AM

In other words, if special interest group X is having conflict with special interest group Y, which side will the Democrats defend?

Wall Street.

Perianne
11-01-2017, 10:00 AM
I think the order is:
1. Black 1.5 Hispanic, 2. Muslim, 3. Gay, 4. Woman

You are proven right on part of your analysis: Muslims > Gays

Can [a gay person] be called into a campus administrator’s office and chastised for telling peers that in some countries, gay people are executed in the name of Islam? Apparently, yes, yes you can.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/38392/

Standing Wolf
11-01-2017, 10:33 AM
The OP was just an attempt to try and get people to get defensive or argue amongst themselves. It's funny, there are so many conservatives here that say liberals are obsessed with race and sexual deviancy, yet liberals aren't the ones creating those types of threads or attempting to imply there was a hierarchy in place.

You're right, but I'll say it even more bluntly - this is a troll thread.

How would the forum conservatives have reacted if the OP had asked, "Which of these groups - Blacks, Latinos, homosexuals, Muslims, feminists - do Republicans despise the most?"

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 10:36 AM

How would the forum conservatives have reacted if the OP had asked, "Which of these groups - Blacks, Latinos, homosexuals, Muslims, feminists - do Republicans despise the most?"

Gays

Blacks make great campaign props

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 10:38 AM
I would say in answer to the OP, whichever demographic serves as useful idiots for the needed purpose at any given moment.

Perianne
11-01-2017, 10:58 AM

Standing Wolf, you are silly! This is not a troll thread. I have wondered about this very issue many times and I thought I would get others' inputs on it.

Conservatives are kind, loving people who don't despise any group. We simply do not favor one group over another.

Common Sense
11-01-2017, 11:03 AM
Standing Wolf, you are silly! This is not a troll thread. I have wondered about this very issue many times and I thought I would get others' inputs on it.

Conservatives are kind, loving people who don't despise any group. We simply do not favor one group over another.
LOL...Kind loving people who want to put illegals out on a desert island to die?

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 11:48 AM
LOL...Kind loving people who want to put illegals out on a desert island to die?

My preference is to shoot them out of cannons over the border.

North or south border don't matter to me.

Common Sense
11-01-2017, 11:58 AM

So murdering men, women and children. Cool beans.

Safety
11-01-2017, 11:59 AM

They would have accused the OP of playing the race/gay/religion card. The very reason I dismiss whomever attempts to throw it out, because it is solely based upon anything a conservative has no response to.

AZ Jim
11-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Another Troll thread by one of the usual suspects.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 12:25 PM
So murdering men, women and children. Cool beans.

Who said anything about murdering?

You angry Canadian beavers are so violent.

Sand one way, snow the other. Soft landings either way.

Give them a bag of taco bell too, for the trip.

Perianne
11-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Another Troll thread by one of the usual suspects.
QUIT FLIRTING! @AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901)

Perianne
11-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Mexicans enjoy flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OZgN7lqNvo

jimmyz
11-01-2017, 01:06 PM

No, we want them "put" back on Avenida Federale in Mexico City where they belong. They are always welcome to go to our US Embassy to apply to immigrate to the USA

jimmyz
11-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Mexicans enjoy flying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OZgN7lqNvo
I'll give that guy props for taking off his shirt in public.

IMPress Polly
11-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Safety wrote:
The OP was just an attempt to try and get people to get defensive or argue amongst themselves. It's funny, there are so many conservatives here that say liberals are obsessed with race and sexual deviancy*, yet liberals aren't the ones creating those types of threads or attempting to imply there was a hierarchy in place.

I know. I just chose to respond in good faith anyway. Sometimes that calms things down a little. Plus I just felt like complaining about the Democrats a little anyway, as I'm not very happy with them myself right now. A careful observation of my postings over the last couple of months reveals that I've spent most of my time criticizing Democratic Party politics and liberalism (which I consider to be functionally shorthand for neoliberalism). Obviously I'm doing so from their left for the most part, in contrast to the intention behind this thread, but nonetheless.

*I believe the word you're looking for is 'orientation'.

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Know what's funny and ironic?

Perri poo has for her avatar a picture of Claudia Cardinale... A staunch feminist from a North African Muslim country who's first child was born out of wedlock.

:rofl:

Perianne
11-01-2017, 01:35 PM
The OP was just an attempt to try and get people to get defensive or argue amongst themselves. ...
You can't know what was in my mind. I have started an infinite number of threads on an infinite number of topics. I like to get people talking, regardless of the subject matter.

Safety, be grateful for people like me.

Safety
11-01-2017, 01:38 PM
You can't know what was in my mind. I have started an infinite number of threads on an infinite number of topics. I like to get people talking, regardless of the subject matter.

Oh, I am very grateful of you, you have provided me with a very helpful insight to the inner mindset of many members here thanks to your threads.

Perianne
11-01-2017, 01:40 PM
Perri poo has for her avatar a picture of Claudia Cardinale... A staunch feminist from a North African Muslim country who's first child was born out of wedlock.

I cannot imagine why that is funny and ironic. I think she was a beautiful woman. She was awesome in "Once Upon A Time In The West". Where she was born makes no difference to me.

I consider myself a feminist, too.

Agent Zero

An actress who also started in one of the most homoerotic films of all time, The Leopard, and another film, The String, in which she portrayed the mother of a gay son in Arab Africa.

Perianne
Oh, I am very grateful of you, you have provided me with a very helpful insight to the inner mindset of many members here thanks to your threads.

I am here to serve. And I like you, Safety. I enjoy reading your viewpoints.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 01:41 PM

Except yours.

I think you fear admitting that.

silvereyes
11-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Did you type that with a straight face? No way. No how.

Have you read some of the con posts and the nasty shit they say about liberals?

Safety

Likewise.

Agent Zero

Every thread you've ever started here has a deep, disturbing racist, homophobic or bigoted statement.

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Did you type that with a straight face? No way. No how.

Have you read some of the con posts and the nasty shit they say about liberals?

Even her posts!

Safety
11-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Except yours.

I think you fear admitting that.

Admitting what?

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Lol... She doesn't even get sarcasm, Safety!

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Every thread you've ever started here has a deep, disturbing racist, homophobic or bigoted statement.

Frustrated snowflakes like you will find bigotry and racism in your breakfast cereal.

Fortunately society is shoving this tired race card schtick back in your faces.

Take it somewhere else.

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Lol... She doesn't even get sarcasm, Safety!

Attention whore cries out for attention.

IMPress Polly
Agent Zero wrote:

Shhhh! You're ruining my subtle attempts to win her over to a more reasonable mode of thinking!

I believe that Perianne considers herself to be a kind of feminist, kinda sorta (or at least I've seen her call herself one before anyway), though a very conservative one, so I'm trying to reach out a little on that area of minor common ground.

Chloe

So if you aren’t a conservative then by your rationale above it would mean that you aren’t kind, arent loving, and do despise certain groups and favor one group over another? Are you sure you aren’t trolling?

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Admitting what?

Reality, honesty.

I think you are conflicted wanting to be a sjw and an honest realist at the same time.

silvereyes
11-01-2017, 01:51 PM
So if you aren’t a conservative then by your rationale above it would mean that you aren’t kind, arent loving, and do despise certain groups and favor one group over another? Are you sure you aren’t trolling?

That's a pretty good summation.

nic34
11-01-2017, 02:03 PM
Shhhh! You're ruining my subtle attempts to win her over to a more reasonable mode of thinking!

I believe that Perianne considers herself to be a kind of feminist, kinda sorta (or at least I've seen her call herself one before anyway), though a very conservative one, so I'm trying to reach out a little on that area of minor common ground.

I'm pulling for ya polly....

IMPress Polly
11-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Chloe wrote:

The more generous reading of Perianne's remark would be to feel that she was saying the conservatives are nice, compassionate people TOO, not nice, compassionate people exclusively. I sure that's indeed true of a fair share. But I think we can sense just how kind and compassionate the AVERAGE conservative-minded American is today by simply glancing at the polls that show most of them approve of the president's Twitter commentaries.

Safety
11-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Reality, honesty.

I think you are conflicted wanting to be a sjw and an honest realist at the same time.

I don't know, I'm automatically a SJW because I live the life seeing how people are treated different based upon their color, but I also don't believe anyone should receive welfare that is able to work or an increase in it after the second child; I used to own a shitload of guns, but they were lost on a recent fishing trip; and I think we should have the fair tax system implemented. Those are all the same things conservatives here advocate for, but you will never see me agree with them because of the rhetoric that follows them around whenever they speak of minorities. That is an honesty I know about myself.

DGUtley
11-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Frustrated snowflakes like you will find bigotry and racism in your breakfast cereal. Fortunately society is shoving this tired race card schtick back in your faces. Take it somewhere else.

WARNING -- Captain Obvious - Please refrain from insults and name-calling.

donttread
11-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Basically, if it involves a straight, middle aged, conservative white male, all others come first!

That's why we should all strike for a month at work and at home and in the community. Lets show em what the society would look like without us.

Safety
11-01-2017, 05:22 PM
I agree, you should.

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 05:27 PM
I agree, you should.
Aren't most of these guys on here complaining retired and not working? What will they strike?

Going out to get the paper in the morning?

Safety
11-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Aren't most of these guys on here complaining retired and not working? What will they strike?

Strike the ground with their cane I guess.

jimmyz
11-01-2017, 06:07 PM
That's why we should all strike for a month at work and at home and in the community. Lets show em what the society would look like without us.

I can't strike. I have to sign my employee's paychecks, do my honey-dos around the house and work with the guys at church doing the landscaping and janitorial volunteer work.

Hal Jordan
11-01-2017, 06:10 PM

In other words, if special interest group X is having conflict with special interest group Y, which side will the Democrats defend?I'm surprised nobody gave the correct answer. It's the same as the Republicans would defend. Politicians.

Coming to you from the depths of inner space

Perianne
11-01-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm surprised nobody gave the correct answer. It's the same as the Republicans would defend. Politicians.
Coming to you from the depths of inner space
Excellent answer.

IMPress Polly
11-02-2017, 05:29 AM
Agent Zero wrote:

That's what I was thinking. :laugh: It's not exactly like PF's membership includes a lot of working class people like myself. It's retirees and capitalists whining about the demographic composition of their workforce and (where applicable) about having to pay them, basically.

Agent Zero
11-02-2017, 07:55 AM
That's what I was thinking. :laugh: It's not exactly like PF's membership includes a lot of working class people like myself. It's retirees and capitalists whining about the demographic composition of their workforce and (where applicable) about having to pay them, basically.
I think there’s about five of us who actually work on here. (I’m taking a makeup day tks to the last trip to Britain).The rest are those angry fat old bigoted white men with goatees. And guns. Lots of guns.

Standing Wolf
11-02-2017, 08:33 AM
I think there’s about five of us who actually work on here. (I’m taking a makeup day tks to the last trip to Britain).The rest are those angry fat old bigoted white men with goatees. And guns. Lots of guns.

Wow, Z...just...wow. Please tell me you were drawing that very ugly stereotype with tongue in cheek. That sounds almost exactly like the sort of crap being flung around the Dems for Progress forum, and which I got deep-sixed from that site for questioning.

Captain Obvious
11-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Wow, Z...just...wow. Please tell me you were drawing that very ugly stereotype with tongue in cheek. That sounds almost exactly like the sort of crap being flung around the Dems for Progress forum, and which I got deep-sixed from that site for questioning.

What you see is what you get