PDA

View Full Version : Manafort has 3 passports, traveled to China with phone registered under fake name

Bethere
11-01-2017, 01:03 AM
Very interesting. What, do you suppose, was this all about? Your thoughts?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/10/31/politics/manafort-3-passports/index.html

Manafort traveled to Mexico, China and Ecuador with a phone and email account registered under a fake name this year
He has three US passports with different numbers
Manafort and Rick Gates were frequent travelers to Cyprus

stjames1_53
11-01-2017, 04:11 AM
you can have Manafort, but we want Lynch, Comey, Hillary, and DW Schultz

Bethere
11-01-2017, 04:35 AM

So there's Papa Tomato, Momma Tomato and Baby Tomato walking along the street. Baby Tomato starts lagging behind, and Papa Tomato starts getting really angry. So, he turns around and squishes Baby Tomato and says, 'Ketchup.'

Bethere
11-01-2017, 04:37 AM
How Russian intelligence may have turned Paul Manafort into an asset.Slate › articles › jurisprudence › 2017/10

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/10/how_russian_intelligence_may_have_turned_paul_mana fort_into_an_asset.html&ved=0ahUKEwjYxpnNiZ3XAhUJ6oMKHaD4DrgQFgiWATAc&usg=AOvVaw2gx6WQI-UI2wIGTIeUWVp7

hanger4
11-01-2017, 05:43 AM
How Russian intelligence may have turned Paul Manafort into an asset.Slate › articles › jurisprudence › 2017/10

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/10/how_russian_intelligence_may_have_turned_paul_mana fort_into_an_asset.html&ved=0ahUKEwjYxpnNiZ3XAhUJ6oMKHaD4DrgQFgiWATAc&usg=AOvVaw2gx6WQI-UI2wIGTIeUWVp7

Interesting, your link never mentioned 'company B' (the Podesta group).

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 06:16 AM

Manafort traveled to Mexico, China and Ecuador with a phone and email account registered under a fake name this year

So? Lot's of people have multiple email addresses for security purposes. Did he conspire to take bribes to give Putin control of 20% odf our uranium reserves, and then conspire to cover it up?
A passport must be renewed when full or within a set amount of time.

Didn't think so...

TDS much?

Peter1469
11-01-2017, 06:18 AM
Prosecutors go big up front.

Muller has not done so. He expanded his search beyond Trump probably because that came up dry.

Beevee
11-01-2017, 06:18 AM
Why is anyone surprised?
Just another crook appointed to a position of power over Americans by a President who claims he has an IQ above anyone serving under him.

stjames1_53
11-01-2017, 06:21 AM
.........nor Trump.............let's see how the OP tries to connect the dots

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/convoluted-bird-footprint-traces-22708845.jpg

Peter1469
11-01-2017, 06:21 AM
Why is anyone surprised?
Just another crook appointed to a position of power over Americans by a President who claims he has an IQ above anyone serving under him.

You don't need to lie to make a point.

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 06:22 AM

Not a MENTION of RUSSIA in Manafort's indictment doesn't stop the Fake News left lies.
How did they turn Hillary Clinton into one? Oh yeah....a $100+ million....which the left keeps trying to sweep under the rug...like the Mueller FBI and Obama/Holder DOJ did...got them 20% of our uranium reserves.

Nothing in Manfort's indictment EVEN MENTIONS RUSSIA, but feel free to keep on MAKIUNG UP WHATEVER BULLSHIT YOU NEED TO...

Bethere
11-01-2017, 06:30 AM
Prosecutors go big up front.

Muller has not done so. He expanded his search beyond Trump probably because that came up dry.

Nonsense. Yours is a false premise.

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 06:34 AM

Please cite the "Russian Collusion" cited in Manafort's indictment....(other than TONY PODESTA)...

Peter1469
11-01-2017, 06:35 AM

I have been a prosecutor and a military magistrate.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Bethere
11-01-2017, 06:36 AM

Not a MENTION of RUSSIA in Manafort's indictment doesn't stop the Fake News left lies.
How did they turn Hillary Clinton into one? Oh yeah....a $100+ million....which the left keeps trying to sweep under the rug...like the Mueller FBI and Obama/Holder DOJ did...got them 20% of our uranium reserves.

Nothing in Manfort's indictment EVEN MENTIONS RUSSIA, but feel free to keep on MAKIUNG UP WHATEVER BULL$#@! YOU NEED TO...

This thread is about Paul Manafort. Do not hijack my thread.

Bethere
11-01-2017, 06:37 AM

You aren't Mueller. Your ad hom is obfuscatory.

I dare you to stay on topic and speculate about his reported behavior.

Dangermouse
11-01-2017, 06:46 AM

We can be anything we want on the internet.

hanger4
11-01-2017, 06:47 AM

So, you post a link that ignores an integral part of the Manaford indictment and dealings with the Ukraine, I discuss it and you accuse me of attempting to hiJack you thread. What is wrong with you ??

Dangermouse
11-01-2017, 06:47 AM

This entire thread is notable for the topic-shy avoidance tactics.

Bethere
11-01-2017, 06:52 AM
So, you post a link that ignores an integral part of the Manaford indictment and dealings with the Ukraine, I discuss it and you accuse me of attempting to hiJack you thread. What is wrong with you ??

Did podesta make him apply for 10 passports and carry 3?

You freely admitted that the op doesn't mention podesta.

Thanks for your admission of off topic posting.

stjames1_53
11-01-2017, 06:55 AM

ok, we'll wait for YOU to derail it..................10............9...........8... .....

stjames1_53
11-01-2017, 06:56 AM

how droll........................

Bethere
11-01-2017, 06:57 AM

Feel free to speculate. Explain his behavior.

hanger4
11-01-2017, 07:12 AM
Did podesta make him apply for 10 passports and carry 3?

You freely admitted that the op doesn't mention podesta.

Thanks for your admission of off topic posting.

You posted the link Bethere;

If you didn't want it to be part of your thread then why post it ?? And accusing posters of going off topic when all those posters are doing is following your lead is rather bizarre.

Kacper
11-01-2017, 07:14 AM

The passports thing I am not sure about. Maybe he keeps extras because he keeps misplacing them or in case he misplaces one while overseas, etc. I have 3 different cells--1 for personal, 1 for work, and 1 I give the number to people I really don't want to talk to as I seldom use it or for purposes of cutting down telemarketers by using that number for my online accounts when I order Christmas, etc, and am doing a lot of buying (places sell their cellphone number lists I suspect).

Nothing unexplainable in this report really. I am sure he is guilty but this is hardly a smoking gun.

Bethere
11-01-2017, 07:14 AM
You posted the link Bethere;

If you didn't want it to be part of your thread then why post it ?? And accusing posters of going off topic when all those posters are doing is following your lead is rather bizarre.
So you have absolutely no intention of addressing the op?

exotix
11-01-2017, 07:15 AM

You don't know what you are talking about.Did you ever charge somebody with conspiracy against the U.S. .... take away their passports ... and put them under house arrest and closely monitored ?

Bethere
11-01-2017, 07:18 AM
Did you ever charge somebody with conspiracy against the U.S. .... take away their passports ... and put them under house arrest and closely monitored ?

His history is 100% UCMJ. He is well aware that he is busted on this point.

hanger4
11-01-2017, 07:18 AM
Feel free to speculate. Explain his behavior.

Now you're actually prodding someone to go off topic, damn Bethere, what is wrong with you ??

Bethere
11-01-2017, 07:21 AM
Now you're actually prodding someone to go off topic, damn Bethere, what is wrong with you ??

And so ends another experiment with taking you off my ignore list. I am nothing but fair. I tried.

hanger4
11-01-2017, 07:22 AM

I addressed your link Bethere.

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 07:23 AM

If you cannot debate the points raised, don't create a thread.

Now..ONCE AGAIN:

Please cite the "Russian Collusion" cited in Manafort's indictment....(other than TONY PODESTA)...

Care to address the question?

Bethere
11-01-2017, 07:27 AM

If you cannot debate the points raised, don't create a thread.

Now..ONCE AGAIN:

Care to address the question?

Who said everything has to be about collusion? The mandate for the special prosecutor is very broad, and include “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

Now. Why the fake names? International travel under a variety of passports? Visits to Cyprus and China of all places?

Feel free to speculate.

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 07:35 AM
Who said everything has to be about collusion? The mandate for the special prosecutor is very broad, and include “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

Your complete surrender is accepted, and Mueller should , OBVIOUSLY, resign.

To pretend that this fishing expedition wasn't about "Russia" requires the kind of lying that only the left can manage....

Bethere
11-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Your complete surrender is accepted, and Mueller should , OBVIOUSLY, resign.

To pretend that this fishing expedition wasn't about "Russia" requires the kind of lying that only the left can manage....
Who surrendered?

It's not a fishing expedition according to Trump's choice for assistant attorney general. And it is well within his charge to pursue “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

I didn't say it wasn't about Russia. I said it didn't have to be about Russia.

Now, speculate about Manafort's behavior. I dare you.

hanger4
11-01-2017, 07:42 AM
And so ends another experiment with taking you off my ignore list. I am nothing but fair. I tried.

I addressed your link Bethere, how is that off topic ??

As far as Bethere's 'ignore list' is concerned, it's how Bethere ignores inconvenient truths.

hanger4
11-01-2017, 07:51 AM

Now. Why the fake names? International travel under a variety of passports? Visits to Cyprus and China of all places?

Feel free to speculate.

Money laundering Bethere.

Cannons Front
11-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Now.
Why the fake names?
International travel under a variety of passports? Visits to Cyprus and China of all places? Feel free to speculate.

Many if not most famous or rich people travel under fake names, this is not an uncommon thing at all. Millions of Americans travel to China each year
"Americans are the fourth biggest nationality of foreign China tourists. Americans made up about 11 percent of the Chinese foreign tourism market in 2014. In 2012, 2.1 million Americans came. The economic crisis, devaluation of the dollar, news about pollution, an aging population, and other factors have led a slight decrease recently." https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/tourism.htm

As for Cyprus, Nothing in your link said he traveled to Cyprus but if he did
"Cyprus' tourism industry ranks 29th in the world in terms of overall competitiveness. In terms of Tourism Infrastructure, in relation to the tourism industry Cyprus ranks 1st in the world. With some of the most popular and cleanest beaches in Europe"
"According to the latest KPMG (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KPMG) report, Cyprus has the most dense concentration of Blue Flag beaches (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Flag_beach), the most Blue Flag beaches per coastline (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_the_European_Union) and the most Blue Flags per capita in the world.
In a 2015 global survey based on data on population, CO2 Emissions, Police personnel, traffic deaths, thefts, assaults and life expectancy the island state ranked as the 5th safest country in the world." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Cyprus
Sounds like it is a nice place to visit.

Passports, It's not a crime to have multiple passports, but if fraud or identity theft is the intent, then of course, there are criminal and immigration consequences. http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/illegal-have-more-than-one-passport.html

Peter1469
11-01-2017, 08:14 AM

I am on topic. I am telling you what the problems are with your hero's case are.

Peter1469
11-01-2017, 08:16 AM
If you are questioning my qualifications you are dismissed as a tool.

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 08:18 AM
Who surrendered?

It's not a fishing expedition according to Trump's choice for assistant attorney general. And it is well within his charge to pursue “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.”

I didn't say it wasn't about Russia. I said it didn't have to be about Russia.

Now, speculate about Manafort's behavior. I dare you.

Rosenstein is another Swamp leftover, who will likely be removed, as well, hopefully. I don't have to engage in speculation; that's your hobby.

Peter1469
11-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Did you ever charge somebody with conspiracy against the U.S. .... take away their passports ... and put them under house arrest and closely monitored ?

I held the pre-trial confinement hearing for the first civilian charged under the UCMJ. I also ruled on many requests for search warrants and denied over half as being fishing expeditions.

Peter1469
11-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Maybe 70%

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Maybe 70%
Which is the code under which ALL islamist terrorists should be tried, as their acts are acts of a WORLD WIDE WAR....

Crepitus
11-01-2017, 08:45 AM

Sure, just find some crimes to indict them for.

How long have you been looking now?

Crepitus
11-01-2017, 08:49 AM

I'm pretty sure Pete is who and what he says he is, and I'm a regular opponent, rarely agreeing with him.

Crepitus
11-01-2017, 08:53 AM
The passports thing I am not sure about. Maybe he keeps extras because he keeps misplacing them or in case he misplaces one while overseas, etc. I have 3 different cells--1 for personal, 1 for work, and 1 I give the number to people I really don't want to talk to as I seldom use it or for purposes of cutting down telemarketers by using that number for my online accounts when I order Christmas, etc, and am doing a lot of buying (places sell their cellphone number lists I suspect).

Nothing unexplainable in this report really. I am sure he is guilty but this is hardly a smoking gun.

State dept will issue a second passport to people who have need, like visiting two countries one of which will not let you enter if you have visited the other. Thin Israel and Iran.

Bethere
11-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Rosenstein is another Swamp leftover, who will likely be removed, as well, hopefully. I don't have to engage in speculation; that's your hobby.

Of course you engage in speculation. Rosenstein is no Swamp holdover as you speculate. He was nominated by trump and approved by a Republican Senate after sally Yates was fired.

So much for you, huh?

Bethere
11-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Which is the code under which ALL islamist terrorists should be tried, as their acts are acts of a WORLD WIDE WAR....

Are you saying that Paul Manafort is an Islamic terrorist?

Agent Cooper
11-01-2017, 09:30 AM
Manafort traveled to China with phone registered under fake name

So? For years and years, my phone was in my dogs name.

Bethere
11-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Manafort traveled to China with phone registered under fake name

So? For years and years, my phone was in my dogs name.

Did your dog fail to declare $78 million in income, conspire against the US, launder $18 million, or fail to register as a foreign agent?

MisterVeritis
11-01-2017, 09:41 AM
We can. You are constrained by your limitations.

stjames1_53
11-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Sure, just find some crimes to indict them for.

what wuz it yer boy BeThere said...........oh wait.......................have patience little one..............it's coming

How long have you been looking now?

Bethere
11-01-2017, 12:25 PM

Trump's campaign manager is indicted for conspiracy against the United States of America.

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Trump's campaign manager is indicted for conspiracy against the United States of America.

For not paying taxes Mueller thinks he should have. Some "conspiracy".

What was taking $millions in bribes to give Putin 20% of our uranium reserves? A "conspiracy to help America"?

Der....

Tahuyaman
11-01-2017, 01:27 PM
Manafort has 3 passports, traveled to China with phone registered under fake name
Rut Roh........ Obviously this is the conclusive proof of Trump / Russia collusion.

Bethere
11-01-2017, 01:30 PM
For not paying taxes Mueller thinks he should have. Some "conspiracy".

What was taking $millions in bribes to give Putin 20% of our uranium reserves? A "conspiracy to help America"?

Der....

An already debunked myth.

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 01:34 PM

So you're saying that the Uranium One deal NEVER HAPPENED?????!!!!!

Still trying that lie? Now, post the "SNOPES" article that DEBUNKS NOTHING. We have an FBI informant as well...just be patient.

jimmyz
11-01-2017, 01:35 PM

Manifort was fired and now indicted. We don't need to have a thread that sounds like a story in The National Enquirer to know he's a shady character in the political world.

Tahuyaman
11-01-2017, 01:37 PM

When did that happen? In the last three minutes?

Tahuyaman
11-01-2017, 01:39 PM

Whatever laws Manafort broke, he should be held accountable. Next.....

Bethere
11-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Whatever laws Manafort broke, he should be held accountable. Next.....

Agreed.

Tahuyaman
11-01-2017, 01:54 PM
So much for this one.

Next

Beevee
11-01-2017, 02:24 PM
You don't need to lie to make a point.

LOL. Unlike Trump who does. Will you be voting for him again, assuming he isn't in jail by then?
Have you noticed that Pence has lost his voice? President in waiting, no doubt!

Captain Obvious
11-01-2017, 02:28 PM
LOL. Unlike Trump who does. Will you be voting for him again, assuming he isn't in jail by then?

I'll take Pence.

Hell, I'd take David Duke over the 8 years of America loathing, racialist, society dividing, cop killing, debt catastrophe that brought this nation to its knees.

MisterVeritis
11-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Given that it is the US Code any conspiracy so charged would be against the United States. It sounds like puffery to me. It looks like a weak case.

MisterVeritis
11-01-2017, 02:36 PM
What do you believe has been found false?

Did Putin run an operation against the US to gain control of as much of our uranium as possible?
Did the operation result in Russian control over one-fifth of our uranium reserves?
Did BJ Clinton receive 500K for a one-hour speech?
Did the Clinton Crime Family Slush Fund receive many tens of millions of dollars in "contributions" from Russian-connected people?
Did a large number of those who approved the sale participate in any way in the Clinton Foundation?

What role did the Clinton Presidential Library and Massage parlor play?

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Please not the following post, dated two days before you (not me :)) knew who was being indicted. God Bless the DC Grapevine! :rofl:

Said person indicted may have been trying to flee country.

stjames1_53
11-01-2017, 03:11 PM

How and why would he be in jail?

hanger4
11-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Please not the following post, dated two days before you (not me :)) knew who was being indicted. God Bless the DC Grapevine! :rofl:

But he wasn't, your source was wrong.

Abby08
11-01-2017, 04:10 PM

Some liberals believe it was a crime to beat Hillary... That's really all they have to date.

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 04:40 PM
But he wasn't, your source was wrong.
How do you know he wasn't?

hanger4
11-01-2017, 05:03 PM
How do you know he wasn't?

National news.

Bethere
11-01-2017, 05:10 PM
What do you believe has been found false?

Did Putin run an operation against the US to gain control of as much of our uranium as possible?
Did the operation result in Russian control over one-fifth of our uranium reserves?
Did BJ Clinton receive 500K for a one-hour speech?
Did the Clinton Crime Family Slush Fund receive many tens of millions of dollars in "contributions" from Russian-connected people?
Did a large number of those who approved the sale participate in any way in the Clinton Foundation?

What role did the Clinton Presidential Library and Massage parlor play?

Start your own thread. This one, dude, is about Paul Manafort.

Safety
11-01-2017, 05:13 PM
I'll take Pence.

Hell, I'd take David Duke over the 8 years of America loathing, racialist, society dividing, cop killing, debt catastrophe that brought this nation to its knees.

Quoted for posterity.

Beevee
11-01-2017, 05:18 PM

How and why would Hillary be in Jail?

Agent Zero
11-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Quoted for posterity.
But he's not a racist! Just ask him!

Safety
11-01-2017, 05:32 PM
But he's not a racist! Just ask him!

He's not, he is just fucking with the board. However, I won't speak for the ones that "thanked" it.

Crepitus
11-01-2017, 06:08 PM
No its not.

Grokmaster
11-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Start your own thread. This one, dude, is about Paul Manafort.

stjames1_53
11-02-2017, 03:32 AM

stjames1_53
11-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Are you saying that Paul Manafort is an Islamic terrorist?

well, you couldn't make it to 0..........................