PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Hero Cain Doesn't Understand The Constitution

jgreer
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
This guy wants to be president and he couldn't even pass a 4th grade civics test! LOL

Herman Cain tried to clean up the running confusion over his position on abortion last night, but in the meantime opened questions about his grasp of the Constitution.

In an interview with David Brody last night, Cain said he'd sign a pro-life constitutional amendment if it crossed his desk as president.

“Yes. Yes I feel that strongly about it. If we can get the necessary support and it comes to my desk I’ll sign it," he said. "That’s all I can do. I will sign it.”

The only problem with that statement? Presidents don't sign constitutional amendments -- they're passed in Congress and then need to be ratified by the states, and the president plays no formal role in the process.

Candidates have in the past pledged to support such an amendment, but it's not clear what signing one would mean.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1011/Cain_would_autograph_life_amendment.html

Cruel
10-23-2011, 08:08 PM
This guy wants to be president and he couldn't even pass a 4th grade civics test! LOL

Herman Cain tried to clean up the running confusion over his position on abortion last night, but in the meantime opened questions about his grasp of the Constitution.

In an interview with David Brody last night, Cain said he'd sign a pro-life constitutional amendment if it crossed his desk as president.

“Yes. Yes I feel that strongly about it. If we can get the necessary support and it comes to my desk I’ll sign it," he said. "That’s all I can do. I will sign it.”

The only problem with that statement? Presidents don't sign constitutional amendments -- they're passed in Congress and then need to be ratified by the states, and the president plays no formal role in the process.

Candidates have in the past pledged to support such an amendment, but it's not clear what signing one would mean.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1011/Cain_would_autograph_life_amendment.html

Another racial attack by the racist Marxist jgreer. jgreer you're quite a stupid and racist scumbag.

jgreer
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
There's nothing racist about it. Also as you know I'm an Obama supporter.

Cruel
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM

You're obviously a racist and your stupid attempt to claim otherwise because you support Obama won't work.

Mister D
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM

I think Cruel is just illustrating the absurdity of liberal attempts to smear BO's detractors by suggesting race is a factor in their criticism.

Conley
10-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I think we can find plenty to criticize in these politicians. It bugs me when people throw around racist, anti-semite, etc. as a deflection. As if we're not allowed to call them like we see them.

Conley
10-23-2011, 09:16 PM

I think Cruel is just illustrating the absurdity of liberal attempts to smear BO's detractors by suggesting race is a factor in their criticism.

Yes, that's happened a lot and it was so annoying. It happens less so these days as there is more and more to criticize and even the Democrats are unhappy with him.

Cruel
10-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Yes that is a major factor in the why of the matter.

Mr. Wonderful
10-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Racists liberals or not there is nothing that can stop the CAIN TRAIN!

MMC
10-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I think we can find plenty to criticize in these politicians. It bugs me when people throw around racist, anti-semite, etc. as a deflection. As if we're not allowed to call them like we see them.

So U mean Boehner is really Boner and the Dems had to circumcise their Weiner. :P ::) ;D