PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Irish Immigrants Fear Deportation Under Trump

Agent Zero
11-09-2017, 06:44 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/us/white-irish-undocumented-trnd/index.html

White, Irish, and undocumented in America
By Donie O'Sullivan (http://www.cnn.com/profiles/donie-osullivan)Updated 2:01 PM ET, Thu March 16, 2017

The name of the undocumented person featured in this report has been changed to protect her identity.

New York (CNN)They're spared the glances. The "go back to your country" slurs facing so many undocumented migrants in the US. But they live in fear. They don't call the police when there's a break in. They think twice before they bring a sick child to the emergency room. Only, they're white - and they're Irish.

An estimated 50,000 undocumented Irish immigrants live in the United States -- they make up a small percentage of the more than 11 million undocumented immigrants living there, the majority of whom were born in Mexico.
"It is easier being illegal here when you're white," Shauna, an undocumented Irish immigrant, tells CNN. "It's not easy, of course, you have that paranoia but there isn't the racial element. It's a bit easier to stay under the radar."
But there's a growing sense of fear in the community since the election of President Donald Trump.

"I've never seen fear like this here," Oliver Charles says standing in front of his butcher shop on McClean Avenue, in the predominantly Irish neighborhood of Woodlawn in the Bronx, New York.

Kalkin
11-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Any illegal immigrant should be afraid.

Common
11-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Illegal is the keyword there is no clarification for race or ethnicity. If they are here illegally they should be worried

Don
11-09-2017, 07:16 PM
They are having the same conversations in Ireland about their illegals. They want "regularisation" like ours want amnesty.

A fairly typical response from the Irish people is......

Undocumented = Illegal. Please use the more appropriate term.

Illegal is illegal. There are channels to apply for visas here and for whatever reason they chose not to do this.
Now they want to be made legal without having to apply like everyone else. Why?
If we make this exception once why should anyone else have to apply through the legal channels?

I agree. I also don’t know how they “contribute” if they are undocumented? Surely you need to be documented to have a PPSN and pay income tax. I’m all for diversity and having a multicultural society, but there is a process there, why did they not go through that. Its the same for the illegal Irish immigrants in the USA. They are there illegally, and want a magic amnesty, when plenty go through the proper channels. Now, for those there all their lives it’s one thing, where America is their home, but newer illegal immigrants are just that – illegal.

link (http://www.thejournal.ie/undocumented-irish-same-as-us-working-3084359-Nov2016/)

Mister D
11-09-2017, 07:31 PM
:laugh: Total Zero's latest gotcha fizzles.

hanger4
11-09-2017, 07:31 PM
OMG, Trump hates black people, Trump hates Brown people now he hates Irish people. Run for the hills.

:rollseyes:

Mister D
11-09-2017, 07:34 PM
OMG, Trump hates black people, Trump hates Brown people now he hates Irish people. Run for the hills.

:rollseyes:
This imbecile thought we'd all come here in favor of white illegal immigrants. Idiot. lol

hanger4
11-09-2017, 07:41 PM
This imbecile thought we'd all come here in favor of white illegal immigrants. Idiot. lol

I wouldn't at all be shocked.

Don
11-09-2017, 07:45 PM
https://youtu.be/Tyx0K4WrElo

Cthulhu
11-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Here illegally?

Go back to where you came from.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Refugee
11-10-2017, 06:23 AM
I don’t see what all the fuss is about. You’re in a country illegally, when you get caught it’s a deportation centre and then out. Just because it involves millions, does that make it right? When did illegal immigrants who broke the law decide that immigration laws don’t apply to them?

Ethereal
11-10-2017, 06:50 AM
Yea, I don't support deporting illegal immigrants generally, but I didn't think Trump supporters would try to make an exception for illegal Irish immigrants. Like, what's the worse that could happen to them? They get sent back to Ireland, a modern liberal-democracy with a high standard of living?

Ethereal
11-10-2017, 06:54 AM
https://youtu.be/Tyx0K4WrElo
Those are my people!

:grin:

Ethereal
11-10-2017, 07:05 AM
Illegal immigration exposes the hypocrisy of Democrats more than any other issue.

They are always preaching about the supremacy of federal authority, yet they brazenly defy and subvert that authority with respect to illegal immigration.

And just to be clear, I'm perfectly fine with brazen defiance and subversion of federal authority. What I'm not fine with is the blatant hypocrisy of Democrats who mock and deride libertarians for saying taxation is theft while aggressively defending millions of law breakers who aren't even Americans. Even though I pay taxes and generally observe the laws of the US government and am a US citizen with deep ancestral roots in America, I get no such compassion or understanding from Democrats. Yet some dude from Mexico who comes to the US in blatant defiance of US law is fawned over by Democrats and serviced endlessly by their political machine. This hypocrisy runs so deep that it's mindblowing at times.

Ethereal
11-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Democrat Party Mantra: The law is the law, unless the person breaking the law is some dude from Mexico.

DGUtley
11-10-2017, 07:38 AM
If they are here illegally, they should be deported. Regardless of race, sex, national origin, sexual preference, religion, college football team preference, weight, hair color etc. We are a nation of laws.

Mister D
11-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Illegal immigration exposes the hypocrisy of Democrats more than any other issue.

They are always preaching about the supremacy of federal authority, yet they brazenly defy and subvert that authority with respect to illegal immigration.

And just to be clear, I'm perfectly fine with brazen defiance and subversion of federal authority. What I'm not fine with is the blatant hypocrisy of Democrats who mock and deride libertarians for saying taxation is theft while aggressively defending millions of law breakers who aren't even Americans. Even though I pay taxes and generally observe the laws of the US government and am a US citizen with deep ancestral roots in America, I get no such compassion or understanding from Democrats. Yet some dude from Mexico who comes to the US in blatant defiance of US law is fawned over by Democrats and serviced endlessly by their political machine. This hypocrisy runs so deep that it's mindblowing at times.

Good point

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 01:22 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/us/white-irish-undocumented-trnd/index.html

White, Irish, and undocumented in America

By Donie O'Sullivan (http://www.cnn.com/profiles/donie-osullivan)Updated 2:01 PM ET, Thu March 16, 2017

The name of the undocumented person featured in this report has been changed to protect her identity.

New York (CNN)They're spared the glances. The "go back to your country" slurs facing so many undocumented migrants in the US. But they live in fear. They don't call the police when there's a break in. They think twice before they bring a sick child to the emergency room. Only, they're white - and they're Irish.

An estimated 50,000 undocumented Irish immigrants live in the United States -- they make up a small percentage of the more than 11 million undocumented immigrants living there, the majority of whom were born in Mexico.
"It is easier being illegal here when you're white," Shauna, an undocumented Irish immigrant, tells CNN. "It's not easy, of course, you have that paranoia but there isn't the racial element. It's a bit easier to stay under the radar."
But there's a growing sense of fear in the community since the election of President Donald Trump.

"I've never seen fear like this here," Oliver Charles says standing in front of his butcher shop on McClean Avenue, in the predominantly Irish neighborhood of Woodlawn in the Bronx, New York.

Any illegal immigrant should be afraid.

Illegal is the keyword there is no clarification for race or ethnicity. If they are here illegally they should be worried

Right. What's the objection here?

Mister D
11-10-2017, 02:01 PM
They're spared the glances. The "go back to your country" slurs facing so many undocumented migrants in the US.

lol

The Xl
11-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Strong miscalculation from TS.

Mister D
11-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Those are my people!

:grin:
That's a fanciful scene. I'm not even sure there were even any present.

Beevee
11-10-2017, 04:43 PM
It will never happen, otherwise the US beer industry would be filing for Chapter 11