PDA

View Full Version : Mueller Probing Possible Deal Between Turks, Flynn During Presidential Transition

Bethere
11-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Fascinating, stuff. what will our trump apologists say?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mueller-probing-possible-deal-between-turks-flynn-during-presidential-transition-n819616

Federal investigators are examining whether former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn met with senior Turkish officials just weeks before President Donald Trump's inauguration about a potential quid pro quo in which Flynn would be paid to carry out directives from Ankara secretly while in the White House, according to multiple people familiar with the investigation.
Investigators for Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russia's interference with the U.S. presidential election recently questioned witnesses about the alleged December 2016 meeting between Flynn and senior Turkish officials, two people knowledgeable with the interviews said. The questions were part of a line of inquiry regarding Flynn's lobbying efforts on behalf of Turkey.
Four people familiar with the investigation said Mueller is looking into whether Flynn discussed in the late December meeting orchestrating the return to Turkey of a chief rival of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan who lives in the U.S. Additionally, three people familiar with the probe said investigators are examining whether Flynn and other participants discussed a way to free a Turkish-Iranian gold trader, Reza Zarrab, who is jailed in the U.S. Zarrab is facing federal charges that he helped Iran skirt U.S. sanctions.

NBC News reported Sunday that federal investigators were looking into whether Flynn tried to push for the return of Gülen to Turkey (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mueller-has-enough-evidence-bring-charges-flynn-investigation-n817666) once in the White House in exchange for millions of dollars, and that Trump administration officials asked the FBI to review the Gülen case anew. Officials said the FBI denied the request because Turkey had not provided any new evidence in the case, which was reviewed by the Obama administration.
Extradition requests are processed through the State Department and U.S. justice system and are not determined by the White House or other agencies.
The possibility of the multimillion-dollar deal involving Flynn and Turkey arose as investigators examined Flynn's past dealings with foreign governments.

exotix
11-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Even I can't wrap my mind around this one ... Flynn ... whom Trumpf named as National Security Adviser ... was going to kidnap the Turkish opposition leader and deliver 'em to the Turkish Govt. who most likely would have been executed ...

For $15 Million.

Bethere
11-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Even I can't wrap my mind around this one ... Flynn ... whom Trumpf named as National Security Adviser ... was going to kidnap the Turkish opposition leader and deliver 'em to the Turkish Govt. who most likely would have been executed ...

For $15 Million.

It is amazing stuff. Our friends will no doubt think it was cool. That's amazing. too.

Crepitus
11-10-2017, 11:14 AM
It is amazing stuff. Our friends will no doubt think it was cool. That's amazing. too.
Nothing surprises me anymore.

hanger4
11-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Flynn could be in a world of deep do do.

exotix
11-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Just In

Mueller Probing Pre-Election Flynn Meeting with Pro-Russia Congressman Rep. Dana Rohrabacher

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mueller-probing-pre-election-flynn-meeting-pro-russia-congressman-n819676

WASHINGTON — Investigators for Special Counsel Robert Mueller are questioning witnesses about an alleged September 2016 meeting between Mike Flynn, who later briefly served as President Donald Trump’s national security adviser, and Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, a staunch advocate of policies that would help Russia, two sources with knowledge of the investigation told NBC News.

The meeting allegedly took place in Washington the evening of Sept. 20, while Flynn was working as an adviser to Trump’s presidential campaign.

It was arranged by his lobbying firm, the Flynn Intel Group. Also in attendance were Flynn’s business partners, Bijan Kian and Brian McCauley, and Flynn’s son, Michael G. Flynn, who worked closely with his father, the sources said.

Mueller is reviewing emails sent from Flynn Intel Group to Rohrabacher’s congressional staff thanking them for the meeting, according to one of the sources, as part of his probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Rohrabacher, a California Republican, has pushed for better relations with Russia, traveled to Moscow to meet with officials and advocated to overturn the Magnitsky Act, the 2012 bill that froze assets of Russian investigators and prosecutors.

The sources could not confirm whether Rohrabacher and Flynn discussed U.S. policy towards Russia in the alleged meeting.

Mueller’s interest in the nature of Flynn and Rohrabacher’s discussion marks the first known time a member of Congress could be wrapped into the investigation.

U.S. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher speaks at a news conference in Moscow on June 2, 2013.

https://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2017_45/2222071/t002134z_1495422371_rc14935d5ff0_rtrmadp_3_califor nia-politics-rohrabacher_1_8a3e109c8b51a1457b17f9e49fe5dab5.nbc news-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 01:34 PM
How does this implicate Trump himself?

exotix
11-10-2017, 01:43 PM
How does this implicate Trump himself?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBq_1cOTuc

Captdon
11-10-2017, 01:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBq_1cOTuc
This is your answer? This is what you have? It has nothing to do with Trump.

You might want to catch up with the DNC and Russians now. It's all the rage in DC.

Bethere
11-10-2017, 01:54 PM
He was warned not to hire this douchebag, but he did so anyway because he 'has a great brain' and because 'he knows the greatest people.'

After he did, he was informed of myriad damning pieces of information about his being a national security threat and he still waited 3 weeks to act.

We have good reason to know why that is the case.

I suspect Mueller already knows.

That's why trump is so erratic all of the time.

More than jmho!

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 01:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBq_1cOTuc
Hacks spit-balling. Ok.

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 01:57 PM
He was warned not to hire this douchebag, but he did so anyway because he 'has a great brain' and because 'he knows the greatest people.'

After he did, he was informed of myriad damning pieces of information about his being a national security threat and he still waited 3 weeks to act.

More than jmho!

Do you ever put any thought into your comments. You just seem to regurgitate partisan hack talking points c

Bethere
11-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Hacks spit-balling. Ok.

NYMagMueller Seems to Be Closing in on Flynn—and the Indictments Could Be Explosive14 mins ago
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/11/bob-mueller-seems-to-be-closing-in-on-mike-flynn.html
https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/22/22-flynn.w710.h473.jpg

Hoosier8
11-10-2017, 02:01 PM

More than jmho!

Obama just said he didn't think Flynn was ready, some warning. Flynn lasted what, 24 days?

And still no Muh Russia.

Bethere
11-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Obama just said he didn't think Flynn was ready, some warning. Flynn lasted what, 24 days?

And still no Muh Russia.

No, he specifically mentioned the turkey thing and why he lost his last job. None of this was secret. In fact, I posted a thread about it before the election. Pete agreed with me at the time. I suspect that is one reason he hasn't weighed in, because he is already on record.

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Still, how does this implicate Trump in anything? How does this prove that Trump himself was in cahoots with Russia or any other foreign nationals.

You are criticizing his decision making. So what?

exotix
11-10-2017, 02:37 PM
Still, how does this implicate Trump in anything? How does this prove that Trump himself was in cahoots with Russia or any other foreign nationals.

You are criticizing his decision making. So what?Easy ... Flynn will make a deal to lessen the prison time for his son ... including mom Flynn who is worried about her son ... but don't forget ... the Flynns get no immunity as of now ...

Michael Flynn is reportedly worried his son could get wrapped up in the Russia investigation

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/11/08/michael-flynn-is-reportedly-worried-his-son-could-get-wrapped-up/23271468/

Former national security adviser Michael Flynn is reportedly concerned that his son, Michael Flynn Jr., could get wrapped up in special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation.

A CNN report (http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/politics/michael-flynn-son-special-counsel-russia-investigation/index.html)citing multiple sources said that Flynn's concern could shape the way he responds to Mueller's probe, which seeks to determine whether President Donald Trump's campaign colluded with Russia to tilt the 2016 election in Trump's favor.

Flynn's wife Lori is also concerned about their son's possible legal exposure, the report said.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn arrives at the Trump Tower for meetings with US President-elect Donald Trump, in New York on November 17, 2016.

http://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1510342617/flynn_sbp9nd.png

Bethere
11-10-2017, 02:40 PM

You are criticizing his decision making. So what?

He knew for three weeks that his national security advisor was a national security risk.

why did it take three weeks to act?

I suspect that Mueller already knows.

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 02:44 PM
He knew for three weeks that his national security advisor was a national security risk.

So, it's his decision making process is what has your panties in a twist here. Right?

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Easy ... Flynn will make a deal to lessen the prison time for his son ... including mom Flynn who is worried about her son ... but don't forget ... the Flynns get no immunity as of now ...

Michael Flynn is reportedly worried his son could get wrapped up in the Russia investigation

And you think this will lead to proof that Trump was in cahoots with the Russians? Those Ruskies were busy. They were helping the Clinton campaign while colluding with Trump.

Bethere
11-10-2017, 03:08 PM
So, it's his decision making process is what has your panties in a twist here. Right?

Kinda. How about this instead:

I am concerned that trump was being blackmailed.

Remember me saying that hundreds of times on this forum earlier this year? How else do you explain the three weeks that Flynn was allowed to stay in office until he was outed by the NYT?

texan
11-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Yeah okay................I don't get the Trump defenders comments on this stuff either. If Flynn did something then nail him. I don't see where this implicates anyone else. Some of the stuff pulled up here has been news for months and isn't new.

Show me the facts. Like I have said I don't care who or which side they are on hang them of they are guilty and you have proof.

One thing that is absolutely clear. Washington is a swamp. Hillary and the dems participated in the same behavior you are all charged up about. I am for getting it all out. I don't think Trump did anything illegal.

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Kinda. How about this instead:

I am concerned that trump was being blackmailed.

Remember me saying that hundreds of times on this forum earlier this year? How else do you explain the three weeks that Flynn was allowed to stay in office until he was outed by the NYT?

Blackmailed? You are stuck in this partisan ditch. You just dig yourself in deeper and deeper every day.

Beevee
11-10-2017, 04:30 PM

If it doesn't implicate Trump as yet, it does show his tendencies to associate himself with people of a nefarious manner.
As he prides himself as one who has the ability to judge people, it's rather a stretch to believe that with the number of appointments he has made and then fired, that he is not trying to distance himself from collusion with the Russians if he was not a part of the collusion.

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 04:51 PM
If it doesn't implicate Trump as yet, it does show his tendencies to associate himself with people of a nefarious manner.
As he prides himself as one who has the ability to judge people, it's rather a stretch to believe that with the number of appointments he has made and then fired, that he is not trying to distance himself from collusion with the Russians if he was not a part of the collusion.
A well respected retired General who Obama himself gave a rave recommendation is a man of a "nefarious" manner?

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 04:52 PM
The only evidence of Russian collusion points to the DNC and Clinton campaign.

Beevee
11-10-2017, 04:57 PM
A well respected retired General who Obama himself gave a rave recommendation is a man of a "nefarious" manner?

I thought deplorables were of the opinion that Obama never did anything that they would consider worthy of acknowledging.

barb012
11-10-2017, 05:00 PM

But it is okay with you knowing that the Democrats also associate with these type of people. Okay, got it!

texan
11-10-2017, 05:01 PM

Trump was not being Blackmailed. Three weeks? Let me remind you this guy was cleared by the Obama admin for security. Stay off the crazy sites.

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 05:07 PM
I thought deplorables were of the opinion that Obama never did anything that they would consider worthy of acknowledging.

I think Obama was the most arrogant but incompetent president in American history. How does my comment on his endorsement of Flynn contradict that?

Bethere
11-10-2017, 06:35 PM

Nonsense. Obama pulled Trump aside and told him not to hire him and why.

Beevee
11-10-2017, 07:37 PM
But it is okay with you knowing that the Democrats also associate with these type of people. Okay, got it!

Is it? Who told you that?

Beevee
11-10-2017, 08:53 PM
I think Obama was the most arrogant but incompetent president in American history. How does my comment on his endorsement of Flynn contradict that?

So Obama was incompetent by endorsing Flynn but Trump by originally appointing him was not?

Bethere
11-10-2017, 09:27 PM
So Obama was incompetent by endorsing Flynn but Trump by originally appointing him was not?

Obama Warned Trump Against Hiring Mike Flynn, Say Officials - NBC NewsNBC News › news › us-news › obama-w...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/obama-warned-trump-against-hiring-mike-flynn-say-officials-n756316&ved=0ahUKEwiL7r6ZvLXXAhVIxYMKHZn-DpoQFgglMAA&usg=AOvVaw02pF7qYiDgs-SmJwOs5Kc4

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 10:45 PM
Nonsense. Obama pulled Trump aside and told him not to hire him and why.
The opposite is true.

Tahuyaman
11-10-2017, 10:47 PM
Trump took the advice of the most incompetent president in US history. That was a mistake on his part.

Tahuyaman
11-11-2017, 01:09 AM

Obama was an incompetent president. That has nothing to do with his endorsement of Flynn.

Bethere
11-11-2017, 08:28 AM
The opposite is true.

see post #34.

Ransom
11-11-2017, 08:32 AM
What exactly is Mueller's mandate again? I keep forgetting.

Bethere
11-11-2017, 08:44 AM
What exactly is Mueller's mandate again? I keep forgetting.
He may pursue anything that arises from the investigation. I'd like to thank the GOP for giving him such a broad mandate.

donttread
11-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Fascinating, stuff. what will our trump apologists say?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mueller-probing-possible-deal-between-turks-flynn-during-presidential-transition-n819616

Federal investigators are examining whether former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn met with senior Turkish officials just weeks before President Donald Trump's inauguration about a potential quid pro quo in which Flynn would be paid to carry out directives from Ankara secretly while in the White House, according to multiple people familiar with the investigation.
Investigators for Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russia's interference with the U.S. presidential election recently questioned witnesses about the alleged December 2016 meeting between Flynn and senior Turkish officials, two people knowledgeable with the interviews said. The questions were part of a line of inquiry regarding Flynn's lobbying efforts on behalf of Turkey.
Four people familiar with the investigation said Mueller is looking into whether Flynn discussed in the late December meeting orchestrating the return to Turkey of a chief rival of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan who lives in the U.S. Additionally, three people familiar with the probe said investigators are examining whether Flynn and other participants discussed a way to free a Turkish-Iranian gold trader, Reza Zarrab, who is jailed in the U.S. Zarrab is facing federal charges that he helped Iran skirt U.S. sanctions.

NBC News reported Sunday that federal investigators were looking into whether Flynn tried to push for the return of Gülen to Turkey (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mueller-has-enough-evidence-bring-charges-flynn-investigation-n817666) once in the White House in exchange for millions of dollars, and that Trump administration officials asked the FBI to review the Gülen case anew. Officials said the FBI denied the request because Turkey had not provided any new evidence in the case, which was reviewed by the Obama administration.
Extradition requests are processed through the State Department and U.S. justice system and are not determined by the White House or other agencies.
The possibility of the multimillion-dollar deal involving Flynn and Turkey arose as investigators examined Flynn's past dealings with foreign governments.

This man is a hell of a farmer. Beating dead horses and milking dry cows.

Safety
11-11-2017, 12:43 PM

More than jmho!

And, don't forget he fired the acting attorney general who warned him about hiring Flynn, and Obama also warned him about hiring Flynn....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/08/us/politics/michael-flynn-sally-yates-hearing.html

Who knew that the last eight years of bitching from conservatives about incompetence in the white house, would come back and bite them in the ass...

donttread
11-11-2017, 01:01 PM
And, don't forget he fired the acting attorney general who warned him about hiring Flynn, and Obama also warned him about hiring Flynn....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/08/us/politics/michael-flynn-sally-yates-hearing.html

Who knew that the last eight years of bitching from conservatives about incompetence in the white house, would come back and bite them in the ass...

Ummm anyone with half a brain. We haven't had competence in the whitehouse in decades. Although Clinton did the unthinkable and balanced a budget. SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO!

Safety
11-11-2017, 01:03 PM
Ummm anyone with half a brain. We haven't had competence in the whitehouse in decades. Although Clinton did the unthinkable and balanced a budget. SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO!

Point being, if as much outrage over the previous administration was shown in this administration, then I would attribute it to anything other than partisan hackery.

Bethere
11-11-2017, 08:07 PM

Who knew that the last eight years of $#@!ing from conservatives about incompetence in the white house, would come back and bite them in the ass...

Sally Yates.

Bethere
11-13-2017, 12:21 PM
Flynn reportedly being investigated in cleric kidnap plot | Fox NewsFox News › politics › 2017/11/12 › flyn...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/12/flynn-reportedly-being-investigated-in-cleric-kidnap-plot.html&ved=0ahUKEwie4bnbh7zXAhUn6IMKHaxxD2EQqOcBCEQwAA&usg=AOvVaw1X_Xv5iJiMP6XgYoVFC6qh