PDA

View Full Version : "obama in Pee-Pee" - Freedom of expression

Agravan
11-29-2012, 07:54 AM
On Monday, TheBlaze alerted readers to a new painting (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/controversial-painting-at-boston-community-college-depicts-obama-as-christ-with-crown-of-thorns-outstretched-arms/) that depicts Barack Obama as Jesus Christ crucified, adorned with a crown of thorns. The work, entitled “Truth,” is part of a larger exhibit at the Bunker Hill Community College Art Gallery in Boston titled “Artists on the Stump – the Road to the White House 2012.” This, of course, is not the first controversial rendition that has been labeled “artwork,” nor is it the first time President Obama has been likened to Christ, or in general, God (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hannity-panel-clashes-over-jamie-foxx-dubbing-obama-our-lord-and-savior/).
Now, the creator of “Truth,” Michael D’Antuono, said that his “First Amendment rights should override someone’s hurt feelings” and that “we should celebrate the fact that we live in a country where we are given the freedom to express ourselves.”
After receiving roughly 4,000 angry emails over the painting, D’Antuono also said he respects “their right to express themselves” and hopes they will afford him the same.
With this in mind, Glenn Beck chose to exercise his First Amendment rights and “express himself,” during his Tuesday evening broadcast by featuring a piece of artwork of his own.

Watch the clip, sure to make a splash, via TheBlaze TV below:

At some point, Beck decided that submerging an Obama “bobblehead” doll in “urine” (later revealed to be beer) was necessary to convey his message. He of course realizes this will be controversial and that many will find his use of the Obama figurine to be disrespectful. The idea, for Beck however, is not to be untoward, but through irony, to highlight the hypocrisy of those who would shout in defiance at defacing the image of a sitting U.S. president, but not that of an image so sacred to Christianity — the world’s largest religion. In other words, Beck sought to reveal how he truly adheres to the U.S. Constitution where the Left often does not.
Beck supported D’Antuono’s Constitutional right to create and display his art even if it is considered highly disrespectful to Christianity. The main point Beck hoped to convey through his controversial display with the Obama bobblehead, was to highlight that through the U.S. Constitution, an artist does have the freedom to display whatever his or her heart desires, however offensive that “art” may be to others.
Regarding D’Antuono, Beck previously stated:

“Art is in the eye of the beholder and this guy has a right to do this. I think its offensive. I don’t think its close to reality but whatever floats your boat. I support his right to do exactly that. I agree with him that people who are upset should not trump his right to be able to do it and be able to hang it wherever he wants – as long as its wanted there.”

He went on to cite the U.S. Constitution, saying, “that document [the Constitution] says I can’t stop him, and the spirit of that document is that I shouldn’t try.”

MORE:http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-wont-believe-what-glenn-beck-plans-to-do-to-an-obama-bobblehead-tuesday-evening/

Mainecoons
11-29-2012, 07:58 AM
I think he's made a very good point and in doing so illustrate just how vicious and hypocritical the left is. Not to mention sick. I've never seen any political leader in America worshipped by these nut cases like he is some kind of messiah. Especially one who is about as far from a savior as is possible.

Calypso Jones
11-29-2012, 09:29 AM
They will deny that the democrats and the media have made this guy into their messiah.

KC
11-29-2012, 09:29 AM
I think he's made a very good point and in doing so illustrate just how vicious and hypocritical the left is. Not to mention sick. I've never seen any political leader in America worshipped by these nut cases like he is some kind of messiah. Especially one who is about as far from a savior as is possible.

Really? I think it does the opposite. It's disrespectful and reflects poorly on opponents of the President. I think the same way when liberals portrayed Bush as Hitler or any other politician. It's shameful, especially when there are so many genuine reasons to dislike Obama without any sort of effigy.

Calypso Jones
11-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Well the left has raised the bar on what is disrespectful so i guess they better get used to this kind of stuff. They started it.

Mainecoons
11-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Sorry but I don't equate being grossly disrespectful of Jesus on the same level as I do of Barry, the media-elected teflon magic negro.

KC
11-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Well the left has raised the bar on what is disrespectful so i guess they better get used to this kind of stuff. They started it.

Two wrongs never make a right.

Mainecoons
11-29-2012, 10:01 AM
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice."

oceanloverOH
11-29-2012, 10:10 AM
I think I've decided that Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ. OK, lefties, chew on that for awhile.:cya20:

GrassrootsConservative
11-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I think I've decided that Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ. OK, lefties, chew on that for awhile.:cya20:

Wow. Lol. I love this one.

Trust me, Obama would make a very poor Anti-Christ.

Calypso Jones
11-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Two wrongs never make a right.

well you say that now. How adamant were you when it was happening in other scenarios? Not much i'll wager.

Calypso Jones
11-29-2012, 10:30 AM

I think he's AN anti-christ...but not THE Anti-christ. hell. he's not even good at THAT.

GrassrootsConservative
11-29-2012, 10:33 AM
When you bring religion into politics you exclude people from the discussion who are not religious.

patrickt
11-29-2012, 10:40 AM
I love "two wrongs don't make a right". I remember that being applied when I was slugged by a bully and hit him back. We got equal punishment. I was also told to "|play nice" with the bully.

We see the "two wrongs don't make a right" in the Israeli fight against Hamas, the terrorists. Apparently, Israel should submit to Hams firing thousands of rockets a year into Israel but like dairy farmers should submit humbly to SWAT in the U.S. and not fight back.

I think submerging President Obama's dolly in beer was quite appropriate. Freedom of expression only goes one way? Of course. I forgot. Only the left has any Constitutional rights.

It's getting tiresome folks.

GrassrootsConservative
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Patrickt, you'll notice that when the right has an answer for something the left does that's stupid or wrong, it's "two wrongs don't make a right," when any sane, intelligent person would call it hypocrisy.

KC
11-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Patrickt, you'll notice that when the right has an answer for something the left does that's stupid or wrong, it's "two wrongs don't make a right," when any sane, intelligent person would call it hypocrisy.

I'm not on the left, ass.

Chloe
11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
It's in pretty poor taste in my opinion but I also think that the picture of President Obama as Jesus is in bad taste as well.

Randy
11-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Just because Obama is Michael D’Antuono's god he is not mine so I don't care about this story. You will never stop this kind of stuff from happening so I don't see a need to give this the publicity it is receiving. In 1969 I had Jim Jones as a teacher. I didn't drink the koolaid then and I'm not drinking it now.

KC
11-29-2012, 02:59 PM
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice."

I support the liberty to do this, the government should do nothing. Why does that apply here?