PDA

View Full Version : McConnell: Roy Moore Should Step Aside

Common
11-13-2017, 12:34 PM
I agree Moore should step aside, later today Gloria Allred is bringing another Moore accuser forward. I have zero tolerance for any of them. Politics isnt even a consideration.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell called on Roy Moore of Alabama to drop his U.S. Senate candidacy, saying he believes the women who say the former judge pursued them for dates when they were teenagers.

“I think he should step aside,” McConnell told reporters Monday in his home state of Kentucky. "I believe the women, yes," the Republican leader said.
McConnell’s statement increases the pressure on Moore, who has strongly denied having sexual contact with a 14-year-old almost four decades ago but acknowledged knowing two women who told the Washington Post that he pursued them for dates when they were 17 and 18 during the late 1970s.

Last week, McConnell and most other Republicans said that if the allegations were true, Moore should step aside. On Monday, the majority leader dropped that qualification and said a write-in campaign is a possibility to oppose Moore in the Dec. 12 election.

“That’s an option we’re looking at whether or not there is someone who could mount a write-in campaign successfully,” McConnell said. Asked if it could be current Senator Luther Strange, who lost a runoff vote to Moore, the majority leader said, "We’ll see."
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-Alabama-Senate-Moore-The-Latest/2017/11/13/id/825767/

leekohler2
11-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Even without these allegations-he should step aside because he breaks the law whenever he wants as a public official. That's not what public servants are supposed to do.

Abby08
11-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Step aside before anything has even been proven? Even then, it's been 40 years!!!

Suddenly, it's so dammed important, why?

I agree, if a 30 something year old man, messes with a 14 year old girl, he needs to be prosecuted, but, not 40 YEARS later!

What's so hard to understand, there's a time limit placed on sexual assault, if you didn't think it was worth bringing up 5, 10, 20, 30 years ago, why NOW?..... I think I know the answer but, it not being what people want to hear, I'll not say.

silvereyes
11-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Oh, do tell. I can't wait to hear this little gem.