PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Locals Say Roy Moore Was 'Banned' From Gadsden Mall

hanger4
11-14-2017, 08:48 AM
"Local Greg Legat, 59, who worked at the mall in early '80s and saw Moore at the mall "a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned."

"It started around 1979, I think," Legat told Bethea. "I know the ban was still in place when I got there." Legat provided the name of a Gadsden police officer, J. D. Thomas, who he said told him at the time, "If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall." Bethea reached out to Thomas, but he said only, "I don’t have anything to say about that."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23524/report-locals-say-roy-moore-was-banned-gadsden-james-barrett

There so much more at the link, I posted this snippet because I know Mr. Legat. I worked beside Mr. Legat at the Gadsden Mall for two years. He was always a straight shooter. I have no reason not to believe his words. I personally never saw Moore's name on a banned list, but I only saw a banned list a couple of times.
Couple this with Ms. Nelson press conf. yesterday, quite believable, the year book signing and other info I'm on the side of "Moore should step down now",not because he MAYBE guilty, but this will follow him to the Senate, if he wins, and generally deem what he says and does as not credible. His Alabama constituency deserves better.

Common
11-14-2017, 08:54 AM
He needs to get out of that race

ripmeister
11-14-2017, 09:54 AM
"Local Greg Legat, 59, who worked at the mall in early '80s and saw Moore at the mall "a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned."

"It started around 1979, I think," Legat told Bethea. "I know the ban was still in place when I got there." Legat provided the name of a Gadsden police officer, J. D. Thomas, who he said told him at the time, "If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall." Bethea reached out to Thomas, but he said only, "I don’t have anything to say about that."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23524/report-locals-say-roy-moore-was-banned-gadsden-james-barrett

There so much more at the link, I posted this snippet because I know Mr. Legat. I worked beside Mr. Legat at the Gadsden Mall for two years. He was always a straight shooter. I have no reason not to believe his words. I personally never saw Moore's name on a banned list, but I only saw a banned list a couple of times.
Couple this with Ms. Nelson press conf. yesterday, quite believable, the year book signing and other info I'm on the side of "Moore should step down now",not because he MAYBE guilty, but this will follow him to the Senate, if he wins, and generally deem what he says and does as not credible. His Alabama constituency deserves better.
When you couple all these allegations with all of his other controversies I simply don't get people supporting a cretin like this.

DGUtley
11-14-2017, 09:57 AM
In Court, I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy but when it comes to my vote not so.

Safety
When you couple all these allegations with all of his other controversies I simply don't get people supporting a cretin like this.

Partisanship is a terrible thing.

ripmeister
In Court, I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy but when it comes to my vote not so.

Absolutley.

hanger4
11-14-2017, 10:28 AM

Alabama voters deemed what you and others consider controversial irrelevant. I don't believe they think the same now.

Green Arrow
11-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Alabama voters deemed what you and others consider controversial irrelevant. I don't believe they think the same now.

Last I saw his Democratic opponent pulled ahead. Then again, polls are hard to trust these days. If I put money on it, I’d say if he doesn’t step down and wins, the Senate will vote pretty overwhelmingly to expel him.

hanger4
11-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Last I saw his Democratic opponent pulled ahead. Then again, polls are hard to trust these days. If I put money on it, I’d say if he doesn’t step down and wins, the Senate will vote pretty overwhelmingly to expel him.

I am not taking that bet.

nathanbforrest45
11-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Who will run for office in the future if the only thing required to destroy you politically and professionally are accusations that you are guilty of some heinous behavior?

Captdon
11-14-2017, 02:05 PM

Except they can't. SCOTUS ruled Congress cannot add to the requirement of the Constitution. The reps will vote that way and the courts will toss it. Look up Adam Clayton Powell.

Green Arrow
11-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Except they can't. SCOTUS ruled Congress cannot add to the requirement of the Constitution. The reps will vote that way and the courts will toss it. Look up Adam Clayton Powell.

Powell’s case specifically applied to the House, not the Senate. The constitution permits the Senate to expel its members by two-thirds vote for “disorderly behavior” - sexually assaulting minors certainly qualifies as disorderly conduct.

Common
11-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Theres too much to just pass it off as idle accusations, besides the guy is a creepy F'er

hanger4
11-15-2017, 08:12 AM
This post is about the Old Hickory House Bar B Que that Ms. Nelson waitressed at. Below is a link to map showing the location of the restaurant. I lived about 5-6 blocks north and 2 blocks west of the restaurant's location. From 1966 thru 1985 there was no restaurant there, there little at all on that section of hwy 431 till Glencoe. I'm not saying Ms. Nelson lied, the restaurant could have relocated. I have no recollection of the restaurant nor does the lovely and gracious Ms. Hanger 4 who was born, raised and lived in that city for 30 plus years.

Just food for thought.

Also at the site, just below the map, is a 360 interactive vid? of the area. Pretty cool.

http://alabama.eat-us.org/7375-old_hickory_house_bar_b_que.htm

barb012
11-15-2017, 11:57 AM

He also states he never saw Moore's name on the banned list.

hanger4
11-15-2017, 12:19 PM
He also states he never saw Moore's name on the banned list.

True dat.