PDA

View Full Version : Senate leaders look to work with White House to block Moore

Common
11-15-2017, 09:26 AM
This is a good thing Moore has no business in a position of authority over others, hes no better than any of those in Hollywood being exposed.

Its a shame however that Bill Clintons accusers did not get the same justice.

U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Tuesday that he wanted to work with the White House to explore ways to keep embattled Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore from taking office if he wins a special election in Alabama. (https://www.twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https%3A%2F%2Freut.rs%2F2ALnuRe&text=Senate leaders look to work with White House to block Moore)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Tuesday that he wanted to work with the White House to explore ways to keep embattled Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore from taking office if he wins a special election in Alabama.

Speaking to reporters at the U.S. Capitol, McConnell said he had been in contact with President Donald Trump and others about sexual misconduct allegations against Moore.
“He’s obviously not fit to be in the United States Senate,” McConnell said, “and we’ve looked at all the options to try and prevent that from happening.”
Five women have accused Moore of sexual misconduct stemming from when he was in his 30s and they were teenagers. Moore, now 70, has denied the allegations.
Trump returns to Washington on Tuesday evening from a 12-day trip to Asia, and McConnell said he planned to discuss Moore’s situation with the president. Both are Republicans.
McConnell said he had also spoken with Vice President Mike Pence and White House Chief of Staff John Kelly about Moore.
Trump supported Moore’s opponent, Luther Strange, in the Republican primary but threw his support to Moore after Strange was defeated.
McConnell said Republicans were still considering having a candidate launch a write-in campaign against Moore for the Dec. 12 special election. Speculation has centered on Strange and the current U.S. attorney general, Jeff Sessions, as possibilities.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-moore-sessions/senate-leaders-look-to-work-with-white-house-to-block-moore-idUSKBN1DE2N1

exotix
11-15-2017, 10:04 AM
A couple of things ... Alabama decides ... not Trump nor Mitch McConnell ... one complication happening now is that Roy Moores' wife has been passing out Pastor endorsements of Roy Moore ... despite that these endorsements were done last August ... before the molestation allegations and even as Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall where Moore lurked attempting molestation's ...

These Pastors have now rescinded their endorsements ... but Roy Moores' wife is continuing to pass out the endorsements on the campaign trail ... and even though Roy Moores' wife went to high school with the 5th accuser ...

Also, the last time a senator was expelled from Congress was 150 years ago ...

List of United States Senators expelled or censured

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Senators_expelled_or_censure d

hanger4
11-15-2017, 10:12 AM
A couple of things ... Alabama decides ... not Trump nor Mitch McConnell ... one complication happening now is that Roy Moores' wife has been passing out Pastor endorsements of Roy Moore ... despite that these endorsements were done last August ... before the molestation allegations and even as Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall where Moore lurked attempting molestation's ...

These Pastors have now rescinded their endorsements ... but Roy Moores' wife is continuing to pass out the endorsements on the campaign trail ... and even though Roy Moores' wife went to high school with the 5th accuser ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Senators_expelled_or_censure d

The US Senate could and may very well decide after the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/13/how-senate-republicans-could-kick-roy-moore-out-of-the-senate/?utm_term=.449082bda68b

Common
11-15-2017, 10:17 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/13/how-senate-republicans-could-kick-roy-moore-out-of-the-senate/?utm_term=.449082bda68b

I wouldnt have bothered to explain it. Some polls say Moore is behind some say hes ahead.

barb012
11-15-2017, 10:28 AM
What is the real reason why they view Moore as a threat because this situation of sexual misconduct is not the motive behind this?

Common
11-15-2017, 01:13 PM
What is the real reason why they view Moore as a threat because this situation of sexual misconduct is not the motive behind this?
Ill speak for myself here barb, they guy has shown a pattern of having a penchant to lust after young girls, there are too many sources stating that from first hand knowledge. He was banned from a mall for harrassing young girls. NO mall does that unless theres sound basis for it.

The guy is a borderline pedophille and I dont think he should be in office.

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 01:16 PM
This is a good thing Moore has no business in a position of authority over others, hes no better than any of those in Hollywood being exposed.

Who the hell do you think you are?

Whether the allegations are true or not are not relevant. They cannot be proven nor disproved in the time left before the election. So the right answer is to elect Moore without regard to the truth or falseness of the allegations. If, after Moore wins, the allegations are proven to be true a Republican governor can select a replacement for Moore.

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 01:17 PM
Ill speak for myself here barb, they guy has shown a pattern of having a penchant to lust after young girls, there are too many sources stating that from first hand knowledge. He was banned from a mall for harrassing young girls. NO mall does that unless theres sound basis for it.

The guy is a borderline pedophille and I dont think he should be in office.
Then don't vote for him.

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 01:18 PM
I tend to doubt the Senate has the power it believes it does.

Safety
11-15-2017, 01:19 PM
LoL, what happend to firing squads and public hanging off of mere allegations?

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 01:23 PM
LoL, what happend to firing squads and public hanging off of mere allegations?
I tend to wonder if you have ever paid attention. No. That is untrue. I am certain you are incapable of paying enough attention to be on the right side of any important issue.

Safety
11-15-2017, 01:26 PM
I tend to wonder if you have ever paid attention. No. That is untrue. I am certain you are incapable of paying enough attention to be on the right side of any important issue.

Just noting your full on blitz defense of a child molester, whom can't even go to the mall....

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Just noting your full on blitz defense of a child molester, whom can't even go to the mall....
Of course, to be consistent you failed in both your assessment of my past statements as well as my current position. Nice job.

leekohler2
11-15-2017, 01:32 PM

Yep, I'm not sure anything can be done about it if he's elected.

Safety
11-15-2017, 01:32 PM
Of course, to be consistent you failed in both your assessment of my past statements as well as my current position. Nice job.

Link to where I was wrong?

leekohler2
11-15-2017, 01:34 PM

I'd say it's because he's had to be removed as a judge twice for refusing to obey the law. Ya know, refusing to do his JOB.

That alone should disqualify him.

Standing Wolf
11-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Unlikely that the White House will be of any real help here, considering...

https://nypost.com/2016/10/12/former-teen-beauty-queens-say-trump-barged-into-their-dressing-room/

Captdon
11-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Who the hell do you think you are?

Whether the allegations are true or not are not relevant. They cannot be proven nor disproved in the time left before the election. So the right answer is to elect Moore without regard to the truth or falseness of the allegations. If, after Moore wins, the allegations are proven to be true a Republican governor can select a replacement for Moore.

How? If he wins he's the Senator. That's it. SCOTUS has already ruled Congress cannot refuse to seat a duly elected member.

Look up Adam Clayton Powell.

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Link to where I was wrong?
It was across the board. Investigate, indict, try, convict, then execute (Note: "Buffoon" is silent).There is not enough time between the allegations and the election to know the truth. Elect Moore. If it turns out the allegations are proved Moore can resign. Then the Republican governor of Alabama can select our senator.

Unless you live in this state you don't have a role to play. Nor does McConnell, the establishment Republicans, and the Democrats.

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 01:41 PM
How? If he wins he's the Senator. That's it. SCOTUS has already ruled Congress cannot refuse to seat a duly elected member.

If the allegations are proven Moore can resign after the election. Then the governor of Alabama can select a suitable replacement or we can have another special election. The whole point of the timing of the allegations was to ensure there would not be time to prove nor disprove the allegations.

leekohler2
Unlikely that the White House will be of any real help here, considering...

https://nypost.com/2016/10/12/former-teen-beauty-queens-say-trump-barged-into-their-dressing-room/

Hell, Trump would give him a high-five.

MisterVeritis
I'd say it's because he's had to be removed as a judge twice for refusing to obey the law. Ya know, refusing to do his JOB.

Don't vote for him if you are concerned.

Safety
11-15-2017, 01:45 PM
It was across the board. Investigate, indict, try, convict, then execute (Note: "Buffoon" is silent).There is not enough time between the allegations and the election to know the truth. Elect Moore. If it turns out the allegations are proved Moore can resign. Then the Republican governor of Alabama can select our senator.

Unless you live in this state you don't have a role to play. Nor does McConnell, the establishment Republicans, and the Democrats.

When Trump won, and you were constantly calling everything a soft coup, when did any indict, try, convictions take place all the times you spoke about hanging judges, politicians, or civil servants? Now all of a sudden you have a 5-step program because the person in the hot seat is Roy Moore? Nah, not today, brah. You think your little coy game of "just elect him then he can resign" doesn't pass the sniff test, because there is nothing in place to remove an elected senator, but nice try.

Green Arrow
11-15-2017, 02:03 PM

Again...the Powell case was solely about the House of Representatives. The constitution allows the Senate to expel members for “disorderly behavior.”

Captdon
11-15-2017, 02:13 PM
Again...the Powell case was solely about the House of Representatives. The constitution allows the Senate to expel members for “disorderly behavior.”

The court said NO ONE can add to the requirement of the Constitution. No one. It was the House only because they were named in the suit by Powell.California couldn't pass term limits for the same reason.

What disorderly behavior in the Senate has he done or you think he will do? SCOTUS won't allow past behavior to even be brought up. They never have.

Green Arrow
11-15-2017, 02:17 PM
The court said NO ONE can add to the requirement of the Constitution. No one. It was the House only because they were named in the suit by Powell.California couldn't pass term limits for the same reason.

What disorderly behavior in the Senate has he done or you think he will do? SCOTUS won't allow past behavior to even be brought up. They never have.

Well, when they vote to expel him he can take the case to SCOTUS.

Captdon
11-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Regardless of what any of us think only Alabama voters have a real say in this. If they want a kiddie pervert to represent them so be it. I'll badmouth him but it's just to let off steam or for the Hell of it.

barb012
11-15-2017, 04:54 PM

This should have disqualified him.

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 04:58 PM
When Trump won, and you were constantly calling everything a soft coup, when did any indict, try, convictions take place all the times you spoke about hanging judges, politicians, or civil servants? Now all of a sudden you have a 5-step program because the person in the hot seat is Roy Moore? Nah, not today, brah. You think your little coy game of "just elect him then he can resign" doesn't pass the sniff test, because there is nothing in place to remove an elected senator, but nice try.
You lie so easily.

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Regardless of what any of us think only Alabama voters have a real say in this. If they want a kiddie pervert to represent them so be it. I'll badmouth him but it's just to let off steam or for the Hell of it.
I have to wonder why people so easily believe a 40-year-old allegation. Can you explain why you believe?

Or is this some sort of signal that you are better than (me)?

MisterVeritis
11-15-2017, 05:04 PM
This should have disqualified him.
Well, no. The Supreme Court regularly creates new laws from the bench. They have no Constitutional authority to twist, pervert, or overturn state laws, as a general rule. They do it anyway. I like that judge Moore stands up to the soft tyranny from the Feds.