PDA

View Full Version : Trump says he has put big-game trophy decision on hold

Dr. Who
11-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Friday that he has decided to put a decision about big-game trophies on hold."Put big game trophy decision on hold until such time as I review all conservation facts," Trump said on Twitter. "Under study for years. Will update soon with Secretary Zinke. Thank you!"

Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke issued a statement Friday night about putting the decision on hold: "President Trump and I have talked and both believe that conservation and healthy herds are critical. As a result, in a manner compliant with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, the issuing of permits is being put on hold as the decision is being reviewed."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/17/politics/donald-trump-hunting-big-game-trophy/index.html

Good. It's best to consider this wisely.

Common
11-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Good it was totally assinine to remove those controls. I would bet that trump had no part of that decision and it was done by others below or around him.

We should never make it easier to kill animals for no other reason than just bragging rights.

It takes talent to hunt for food that you are going to consume, humans have always done that, just like all animals.

It takes no talent and has no purpose, to hire a guide with backup riflemen in case you miss to hang an animal head on a wall and say LOOK WHAT I KILLED.

nathanbforrest45
11-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Good for President Donald Trump. That was one of the very few decisions of his that I did not agree with. It just didn't make sense to me.

I will say there are a slew bunch of laws and regulations that don't seem to do much beyond making some animal rights nimrods happy. Getting fined for picking up a bald eagle feather for example.

Captdon
11-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Good it was totally assinine to remove those controls. I would bet that trump had no part of that decision and it was done by others below or around him.

We should never make it easier to kill animals for no other reason than just bragging rights.

It takes talent to hunt for food that you are going to consume, humans have always done that, just like all animals.

It takes no talent and has no purpose, to hire a guide with backup riflemen in case you miss to hang an animal head on a wall and say LOOK WHAT I KILLED.

Only the President can decide anything in the Executive branch. Read a book.

barb012
11-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Thank GOD! I would not support Trump on this matter if he allowed it.

Grokmaster
11-18-2017, 01:17 PM

They're aren't killed for "just bragging rights". Specific animals, selected to preserve herd health, are the only ones hunted...so there is a definite GREAT REASON to use it the raise money to fund wildlife preserves and management, as well as combatting poachers.

resister
11-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Allowing a limited number of licensed trophy hunts, pales in comparasin, to poaching.

Common
11-18-2017, 01:25 PM
Only the President can decide anything in the Executive branch. Read a book.
If you believe every single detail that goes through the exec branch is personally decided by the president then you need to read a few books. I do grant that whether he read it or not or decided it or not he is still responsible

Adelaide
11-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Allowing a limited number of licensed trophy hunts, pales in comparasin, to poaching.

So it should be allowed because people already break laws in those regions?

resister
11-18-2017, 01:31 PM
So it should be allowed because people already break laws in those regions?
That is not what I said. Personally, poaching is far more concerning to me.

Common
11-18-2017, 02:15 PM
That is not what I said. Personally, poaching is far more concerning to me.
Poaching kills alot more animals for sure, neither of them are any good.

gamewell45
11-19-2017, 10:05 AM
It appears that President Trump is having second thoughts on removing the restriction allowing elephants and lions to be brought into the US as trophy's.

It is believed that backlash from Animal rights activists played a major role in the president's decision.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/trump-puts-big-game-trophy-decision-on-hold-after-backlash-1098928707955

I think this is a good decision on the part of the president to hold off for now until more information on the impact can be analysed.

stjames1_53
11-19-2017, 11:46 AM
whatever else, it's good news. I doubt of serious pressure was applied. He does listen to a good argument.

Ravens Fan
11-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Duplicate threads merged.

Captdon
11-19-2017, 04:03 PM
If you believe every single detail that goes through the exec branch is personally decided by the president then you need to read a few books. I do grant that whether he read it or not or decided it or not he is still responsible

No, but all the big stuff does.This is big.