PDA

View Full Version : GOP tax plan is Historically unpopular

Crepitus
11-19-2017, 09:54 AM
Less popular than TAARP.

Less popular by far than the AHCA.

In fact, the only thing that has been less popular in the last 30 years is the republican (anti) healthcare bill from earlier this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/11/18/heres-the-incredibly-unpopular-gop-tax-reform-plan-in-one-graph/?utm_term=.1e16b4a68426

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/files/2017/11/warshaw1-1024x768.jpg&w=1484https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/11/18/heres-the-incredibly-unpopular-gop-tax-reform-plan-in-one-graph/?utm_term=.1e16b4a68426

Common
11-19-2017, 10:02 AM
It is unpopular ive been reading about it. Its unpopular because the GOP is not explaining it and telling america exactly whats in it and that stinks like the obamacare shove through did.

Americans have no idea at this point if they are going to get shafted or not and when in doubt they always go against trusting govt.

gamewell45
11-19-2017, 10:14 AM
I think it's a good possibility that if enough Americans feel they got shafted, it will be reflected in the 2018 elections; those who supported it could get primaried or voted out of the race.

ripmeister
11-19-2017, 07:20 PM
I don't get the rush. Something this significant should take some time. Regardless of what you think of the ACA they at least took a year to debate it.

barb012
11-19-2017, 10:19 PM
When was the last tax plan done in history?

ripmeister
11-20-2017, 10:38 AM
When was the last tax plan done in history?
Dubya did one but the most significant in recent history was done by Ronnie.

Archer0915
11-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Less popular than TAARP.

In fact, the only thing that has been less popular in the last 30 years is the republican (anti) healthcare bill from earlier this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/11/18/heres-the-incredibly-unpopular-gop-tax-reform-plan-in-one-graph/?utm_term=.1e16b4a68426

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/files/2017/11/warshaw1-1024x768.jpg&w=1484https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/11/18/heres-the-incredibly-unpopular-gop-tax-reform-plan-in-one-graph/?utm_term=.1e16b4a68426

It is unpopular because people are ignorant and brainwashed. Look the increased deductions cover the taxes that were deducted in those states/cities that have them. This is a tax increase for those nearer to the top that have expensive luxury homes. Seriously if you are being taxed and have been deducting it from you federal the new deduction will more than cover it, unless you are wealthy. I have never seen such stupidity.

I guess those people in those few states want to deduct and still get the standard deduction so they pay LESS than others.

Chris
11-20-2017, 10:57 AM
It is unpopular because people are ignorant and brainwashed. Look the increased deductions cover the taxes that were deducted in those states/cities that have them. This is a tax increase for those nearer to the top that have expensive luxury homes. Seriously if you are being taxed and have been deducting it from you federal the new deduction will more than cover it, unless you are wealthy. I have never seen such stupidity.

I guess those people in those few states want to deduct and still get the standard deduction so they pay LESS than others.

Pretty much agree. Generally speaking, a tax cut implies you get to keep and spend more of the money you earn. Who the hell would be against that?

Crepitus
11-20-2017, 11:30 AM

That is not what all the experts are saying.

Chris
11-20-2017, 11:58 AM
That is not what all the experts are saying.

Experts? What experts?

Mini Me
11-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Historically, all Rethuglican tax plans have benefitted the rich and greedy corporations! And greatly increased the deficit! This one would increase it 1.5 TRILLION $!

Its fiscal INSANITY!

Cheney" "deficits don't matter!"

AZ Jim
11-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Sure all you "Conservatives" are ready for THREE more TRILLION debt?

Archer0915
11-24-2017, 01:02 PM
So it is an issue if the right has a plan but Obama could add ten to the debt, got it.

barb012
11-24-2017, 01:06 PM
I used my previous tax returns and calculated it by increasing the standard deduction and eliminating the personal exemptions. My tax liability decreased significantly. The majority of tax payers do not itemize so this is a good thing for them. People that do itemize may see it differently.

Kalkin
11-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Sure all you "Conservatives" are ready for THREE more TRILLION debt?

Tax cuts don't cause debt, overspending does.

Docthehun
11-24-2017, 01:50 PM
I've said before I was opposed to the tax cuts, apparently, I'm not alone.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/worst-time-deficit-financed-tax-cuts-134224626.html

barb012
11-24-2017, 04:35 PM
What tax plan would you like to see, please provide details?

Docthehun
11-24-2017, 04:49 PM
I'd let almost everything ride, except I'd raise the Medicare deduction to account for the continued increase in the cost of medical care.

Hoosier8
11-24-2017, 04:54 PM
I used my previous tax returns and calculated it by increasing the standard deduction and eliminating the personal exemptions. My tax liability decreased significantly. The majority of tax payers do not itemize so this is a good thing for them. People that do itemize may see it differently.
All it means is if the standard deduction exceeds my itemization then I will take it.

Hoosier8
11-24-2017, 04:55 PM
Evidently there are many that prefer sending more of their paycheck to government so those harassment charges can get paid for.

Docthehun
11-24-2017, 05:17 PM
Evidently there are many that prefer sending more of their paycheck to government so those harassment charges can get paid for.

I'm not in that camp. I don't think taxpayers should have to fork over a dime.

Kalkin
11-24-2017, 06:15 PM
What tax plan would you like to see, please provide details?
Eliminate all loopholes and deductions. Establish a flat national sales tax of 6% (food excluded) and pass a balanced budget law that doesn't allow the federal government to spend above its revenue.

Peter1469
11-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Historically, all Rethuglican tax plans have benefitted the rich and greedy corporations! And greatly increased the deficit! This one would increase it 1.5 TRILLION $!

Its fiscal INSANITY!

Cheney" "deficits don't matter!"
Incorrect. The deficit is caused by spending more than we have. Stop spending.

texan
11-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Less popular than TAARP.

So tired of the BS and here is another. Post of BS.

Tax reform can’t be perfect. Legislation cannot be perfect.

We MUST remain competitive in retaining and attracting companies end of story. If you don’t get that part go straight to stupidville.

The rest of the complaints are the usual drivel from the Dems and their friends. Do you like 4% GDP and booming markets due to regulations being removed and therefore positive outlooks?

Democrats don’t understand how this economy works or worse do and just don’t give a $hit.

Crepitus
11-25-2017, 12:43 AM
So tired of the BS and here is another. Post of BS.

Tax reform can’t be perfect. Legislation cannot be perfect.

We MUST remain competitive in retaining and attracting companies end of story. If you don’t get that part go straight to stupidville.

The rest of the complaints are the usual drivel from the Dems and their friends. Do you like 4% GDP and booming markets due to regulations being removed and therefore positive outlooks?

Democrats don’t understand how this economy works or worse do and just don’t give a $hit.

How is this BS? It's a post about the popularity of the tax bill. It's is manifestly massively unpopular with Democrats and republicans alike.

The economy BTW, was finally responding to all the inputs given to it over the last few years, Trump hasn't had time to affect it yet. The stock market is up because CEOS see another yacht in their future with these corporate centered tax cuts. When they fail to materialize things will change.

Peter1469
11-25-2017, 01:03 AM
lol

Wall Street did a 180 on Nov 8.

They didn't want Hillary.

Mini Me
11-25-2017, 10:14 AM
lol

Wall Street did a 180 on Nov 8.

They didn't want Hillary.

Seriously bad things happen when you cave in to Wall Street!
2009 ring a bell?
Now the Rethugs will gut the FTPB, and possibly trigger another financial collapse!
They are destroying the firewall, so WS can feast at our expense!

Tahuyaman
11-25-2017, 03:14 PM
GOP tax plan is Historically unpopular
Yes, with the media.

Mini Me
11-26-2017, 06:19 PM
GOP tax plan is Historically unpopular

Yes, with the media.

Mostly withe knowledgeable, thinking people, especially the ones who lost so much during the Bush Collapse!

Tahuyaman
11-26-2017, 06:30 PM
Mostly withe knowledgeable, thinking people, especially the ones who lost so much during the Bush Collapse!

Is there such a thing as a knowledgeable thinking person in the mainstream media?

Mini Me
11-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Incorrect. The deficit is caused by spending more than we have. Stop spending.

Sure, and shut down the government and watch the economy collapse!

Peter1469
11-26-2017, 06:55 PM

The economy won't collapse if the democrats shut the government down.

Tahuyaman
11-26-2017, 07:31 PM

Government does nothing but place obstacles in the way.

Tahuyaman
11-26-2017, 07:32 PM
The economy won't collapse if the democrats shut the government down.

That's why they won't.

Peter1469
11-26-2017, 07:47 PM
That's why they won't.

I agree.

MisterVeritis
11-26-2017, 09:32 PM

Why do you think such goofy things?

barb012
11-26-2017, 10:52 PM
It doesn't matter what tax plan is created because there is always going to people that benefit from it and people that won't.

Tahuyaman
11-27-2017, 01:50 AM
I agree.
Besides, government never shuts down. The term "government shutdown" is a sham.

Tahuyaman
11-27-2017, 01:51 AM

Why do you think such goofy things?

That's his role here.

Peter1469
11-27-2017, 06:04 AM
Besides, government never shuts down. The term "government shutdown" is a sham.

I think it is more that when the government shuts down few people notice. Congress doesn't want too many people figuring that out.

Tahuyaman
11-27-2017, 02:01 PM
I think it is more that when the government shuts down few people notice. Congress doesn't want too many people figuring that out. That's why they close national parks and cherry pick particular offices.

Peter1469
11-27-2017, 06:34 PM
That's why they close national parks and cherry pick particular offices.
When they shut down the WWII memorial (and assaulted WWII Vets) it was amazing. There is never a guard or monitor there. Except when Obama wanted to show the pain of a government shutdown.

Tahuyaman
11-27-2017, 06:47 PM
When they shut down the WWII memorial (and assaulted WWII Vets) it was amazing. There is never a guard or monitor there. Except when Obama wanted to show the pain of a government shutdown.
I hope you meant insulted instead of "assaulted".

However, the point is made. A government shut down is a polutical gimmick. It never really happens.

Obama was a vacuous establishment tool.

Peter1469
11-27-2017, 07:46 PM
The Park Police assaulted WWII vets.
I hope you meant insulted instead of "assaulted".

However, the point is made. A government shut down is a polutical gimmick. It never really happens.

Obama was a vacuous establishment tool.

Tahuyaman
11-27-2017, 08:13 PM
I did not know about WWII vets being assaulted by Park Police.

Peter1469
11-27-2017, 08:17 PM
I did not know about WWII vets being assaulted by Park Police.

The Vets were scheduled to be there and were flown in for the event. Then the government shut down. The Park Police tried to block the memorial off (which is never is) and some Vets tried to get through. They actually did win out over the Park Police.

Tahuyaman
11-28-2017, 09:20 AM
The Vets were scheduled to be there and were flown in for the event. Then the government shut down. The Park Police tried to block the memorial off (which is never is) and some Vets tried to get through. They actually did win out over the Park Police.

That is disgraceful.