PDA

View Full Version : What happened on October 9, 2007?

Bethere
11-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Your guesses are encouraged.

Chris
11-19-2017, 11:44 AM
Hmmm, you were born?

Doublejack
11-19-2017, 11:59 AM
I was directing work towards WA state so I could get back in time for our first daughters birth :)

6 days later I was able to be the first person to hold my little baby girl (except the doctor, he wouldn't let me pull it out).

The Xl
11-19-2017, 12:01 PM
I had just turned 19 A couple of weeks back. Good times.

Dangermouse
11-19-2017, 12:20 PM
John Lennon's 67th birthday

Standing Wolf
11-19-2017, 12:53 PM
Somebody predicted the end of the world and it didn't happen?

...or did it?...

https://marcys.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/think_hard.jpg

Green Arrow
11-19-2017, 01:05 PM
My guess is you’re referring to how the Dow Jones closed at an all-time high on Oct 9, 2007. That was of course followed by the crash that caused the 2008 economic recession that we are still feeling today. I’m assuming you’re using that to make a point about how the stock market gains in this fledgling Trump era shouldn’t be celebrated yet because it could be foreshadowing another crash.

Safety
11-19-2017, 01:07 PM
Flo Rida released the song of the year for 2008.

Standing Wolf
11-19-2017, 01:08 PM
There's a person named "Flo Rida"?

Green Arrow
11-19-2017, 01:52 PM
There's a person named "Flo Rida"?

He’s a hip hop artist from Florida, so he made his stage name Flo Rida.

resister
11-19-2017, 02:29 PM
How clever!

Standing Wolf
11-19-2017, 02:33 PM

Fortunate for him that he wasn't from Mississippi.

Bethere
11-19-2017, 02:43 PM
My guess is you’re referring to how the Dow Jones closed at an all-time high on Oct 9, 2007. That was of course followed by the crash that caused the 2008 economic recession that we are still feeling today. I’m assuming you’re using that to make a point about how the stock market gains in this fledgling Trump era shouldn’t be celebrated yet because it could be foreshadowing another crash.Kinda.It was the last day of the last bull market. The gifted one isn't predicting another crash, nor is he denying a crash's possibility. He is, however, acknowledging the inevitability of the next bear market--which is long, long, overdue. So, we're about to massively cut taxes in an environment where contraction--not 4% expansion--is assured. What do you suppose that would do to the budget?What do you suppose the Republican response to that would be?

Chris
11-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Kinda.It was the last day of the last bull market. The gifted one isn't predicting another crash, nor is he denying a crash's possibility. He is, however, acknowledging the inevitability of the next bear market--which is long, long, overdue. So, we're about to massively cut taxes in an environment where contraction--not 4% expansion--is assured. What do you suppose that would do to the budget?What do you suppose the Republican response to that would be?

Who's the gifted one?

Captdon
11-19-2017, 03:34 PM
What's the point. The Market goes up and it goes down. Overall, it always return to going up. The day I started out in the working world the Dow was 600. Now it's 23 thousand and up.

Bethere
11-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Hmmm, you were born?

Who's the gifted one?

Bethere
11-19-2017, 03:44 PM
What's the point. The Market goes up and it goes down. Overall, it always return to going up. The day I started out in the working world the Dow was 600. Now it's 23 thousand and up.

The point is the Trump budget projections are based on said robust growth and the dynamically scored tax bill is, too.

Projecting 10 years of said growth near the end of a historically long bull market is economic malpractice.

Jmho.

Bethere
11-19-2017, 07:45 PM

The next time a trump fan brags about the market tell them to thank Obama for handing him the second longestr bull market in modern history.

MisterVeritis
11-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Kinda.It was the last day of the last bull market. The gifted one isn't predicting another crash, nor is he denying a crash's possibility. He is, however, acknowledging the inevitability of the next bear market--which is long, long, overdue. So, we're about to massively cut taxes in an environment where contraction--not 4% expansion--is assured. What do you suppose that would do to the budget?What do you suppose the Republican response to that would be?

The Republicans are claiming it is a tax cut for people who pay almost none of the federal income taxes. It is a tax increase on the people who already pay almost all of the federal income taxes. It is Marxian in its class warfare.

Chris
11-19-2017, 09:51 PM

The next time a trump fan brags about the market tell them to thank Obama for handing him the second longestr bull market in modern history.

So Great One, what exactly did Obama do to cause such long bull market, especially in the midst of the Great Recession?

Mini Me
11-19-2017, 10:04 PM
The Republicans are claiming it is a tax cut for people who pay almost none of the federal income taxes. It is a tax increase on the people who already pay almost all of the federal income taxes. It is Marxian in its class warfare.

Groucho or Karl Marx?

Bethere
11-19-2017, 11:33 PM

Giving more to the owners of the means of production is the opposite of Marxism.

Bethere
11-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Groucho or Karl Marx?
Groucho.

Grokmaster
11-20-2017, 12:28 AM
The bill came due on the CRA, the rescinding of the long-standing executive order banning investment houses from trading in mortgage securities, the rescinding of the long-standing executive order banning Administration officials from going to work in the industries that they helped regulate, until after a three year moratorium, allowing them to go immediately from regulating to profiting from the same industries, and the stonewalling of any attempt to reel in Fannie and Freddie, as the idiots running them (Frank , Dodd and Armey...what a surprise, huh?) put taxpayers on the hook for more than half the nation's mortgages, especially the high risk ones from the CRA.

IOW, the entire "perfect storm" of ASNININE DEMOCRAT EXECUTIVE and CONGRESSIONAL POLICIES reached its inevitable conclusion...followed by the Lie-o-crats and the Fake News media claiming "it's Bush's fault !!!" , and getting away with that complete pile of lies.

rcfieldz
11-20-2017, 12:31 AM
I turned 51 and three days old...

DGUtley
11-20-2017, 08:23 AM
Notice - moved to US Politics

Chris
11-20-2017, 10:05 AM
So Great One, what exactly did Obama do to cause such long bull market, especially in the midst of the Great Recession?

So no causative effect. Politicians, when they meddle in the economy, only screw it up.