PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Charles Manson Dies

exotix
11-20-2017, 06:57 AM
*Breaking*

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/murderous-cult-leader-charles-manson-dies-83-n702811

http://res.cloudinary.com/luvckye9s/image/upload/v1511179137/10_nvxblq.png

stjames1_53
11-20-2017, 06:59 AM
so what...your hero is dead.............best wishes.

donttread
11-20-2017, 07:11 AM
The events he masterminded and the strings he pulled helped cause a nation lose it's innocense. Not that we had any reason to feel innocent but in many ways we still did.
Now, controlling , murderous cult leaders are not as big a deal.
Somehow we could face that Hitler caused previuosly decent fathers to kill someone else's children but not that one man could turn pretty, innocent eyed young women into weapons of destruction with just his personality.

nathanbforrest45
11-20-2017, 07:13 AM
There is a lot of sad events in the world. This wasn't one of them.

DGUtley
11-20-2017, 08:19 AM
I was a little boy when all this happened. It scared us even in Sebring, Ohio.

exotix
11-20-2017, 08:27 AM
I was a little boy when all this happened. It scared us even in Sebring, Ohio.The Summer of Love certainly died and basically the hippie-movement died too ... and the focus of the U.S. went directly to Viet Nam ...

DGUtley
11-20-2017, 08:30 AM
The Summer of Love certainly died and basically the hippie-movement died too ... and the focus of the U.S. went directly to Viet Nam ...

I saw a documentary in the past year or so about how Kent State killed the anti-war movement. I think that Kent State was not too long after Manson. A lot changed then.

Standing Wolf
11-20-2017, 08:36 AM

Grow up.

Common
11-20-2017, 08:52 AM
Charles Manson was the perfect example of why the death penalty should be used sparingly.

He cost taxpayers millions

I was 23 when he was convicted Im 70 now...Good Riddance

hanger4
11-20-2017, 09:34 AM
Manson dead, yeeeeaaaahhhh.

My God have mercy on my soul for being pleased.

nathanbforrest45
11-20-2017, 09:43 AM
What is worse, being put to death after a few years in prison or knowing you will spend the next 40 years or more in an 8x10 cage?

Chris
11-20-2017, 09:46 AM
I saw a documentary in the past year or so about how Kent State killed the anti-war movement. I think that Kent State was not too long after Manson. A lot changed then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX95QSKBODo

That was the end. Prior to that it was...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEDEDLTUo5A

No, they got the guns.

Manson was Hollywood.

DGUtley
11-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Kent State really indoctrinated the students into the why/what/when/where of May 4, 1970 and its legacy when I was a freshman in 1980. I think they've de-emphasized it now. Last year, it was all about BLM.

Adelaide
11-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

gamewell45
11-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Thank God he's gone; one less hair bag in the prison system. May he rot in hell.

AZ Jim
11-20-2017, 11:10 AM
Go to hell Manson!

nic34
11-20-2017, 11:14 AM

In hell with your hero Tim Mcveigh

resister
11-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Took him long enough, wonder what the total taxpayer tab, is?

Don
11-20-2017, 11:49 AM
What is worse, being put to death after a few years in prison or knowing you will spend the next 40 years or more in an 8x10 cage?

I don't think it bothered him. He spent a lot of time in prison before he started his "family." According to the book and movie Helter Skelter he had an interview with prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi. He told Bugliosi after he was sentenced that "when you give a man the whip and he likes the whip then you are a fool." Bugliosi told him that he wouldn't have his girls in prison and Manson answered he didn't need them, there's plenty of sex in prison. Death penalty or no, some people should never be released from prison alive. When they overturned the death penalty as unconstitutional they should have given those on death row a no possibility of parole status. They released one guy who had kidnapped a young girl who he then raped and chopped her arms off. He later killed another woman.

Don
11-20-2017, 11:56 AM
The events he masterminded and the strings he pulled helped cause a nation lose it's innocense. Not that we had any reason to feel innocent but in many ways we still did.
Now, controlling , murderous cult leaders are not as big a deal.
Somehow we could face that Hitler caused previuosly decent fathers to kill someone else's children but not that one man could turn pretty, innocent eyed young women into weapons of destruction with just his personality.

When it comes to shocking crimes I think it was the Clutter family murders in 1959 that took away peoples feeling of safety and security.

rcfieldz
11-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Well now the State of California can afford to house and feed it's next monster.

resister
11-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Dearest Charley!21110

rcfieldz
11-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Available Now!!!
Small cozy one room home. All the amenities with free medical. Friendly neighborhood. Free utilities. Hurry this one will will go fast!

The Xl
11-20-2017, 12:23 PM
::Shrugs:: He was insignificant either way.

rcfieldz
11-20-2017, 12:33 PM
::Shrugs:: He was insignificant either way.
Huh? So this is how you feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8INIH0JfNA8

Mini Me
11-20-2017, 01:40 PM
I was a little boy when all this happened. It scared us even in Sebring, Ohio.

The Night Stalker(Richard Ramirez) was a lot scarier!I believe he was demonically possessed!

http://murderpedia.org/male.R/images/ramirez_richard/ramirez_113b.jpg
There are common threads with serial killers;
Most were severely abused as children
many had serious head injuries
Drug abuse
Tortured animals as kids(hallmark of a sociopath)

Mini Me
11-20-2017, 01:48 PM
I don't think it bothered him. He spent a lot of time in prison before he started his "family." According to the book and movie Helter Skelter he had an interview with prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi. He told Bugliosi after he was sentenced that "when you give a man the whip and he likes the whip then you are a fool." Bugliosi told him that he wouldn't have his girls in prison and Manson answered he didn't need them, there's plenty of sex in prison. Death penalty or no, some people should never be released from prison alive. When they overturned the death penalty as unconstitutional they should have given those on death row a no possibility of parole status. They released one guy who had kidnapped a young girl who he then raped and chopped her arms off. He later killed another woman.

The annals are full of stories about killers being released by psychiatric boards or technicalities to murder again!

Edmund Kemper, Herbert Mullins just to name a few.

leekohler2
11-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Grow up.

You're asking for the impossible.

leekohler2
11-20-2017, 01:52 PM
If there's a hell, Charlie is in the same room with Hitler.

Mini Me
11-20-2017, 01:56 PM
The Summer of Love certainly died and basically the hippie-movement died too ... and the focus of the U.S. went directly to Viet Nam ...

That's about when the "bombers" took over; The Weather Underground, Symbionese Liberation Front. There were bomb scares everyday in NYC then.

No more peacefull protest!

Manson was not a hippie! He was from Appalachia(hill billy) A Kentucky town along the Ohio River. His mom was a prostitute and sold him for a pitcher of beer! Many notorius outlaw bikers are from Appalachia.

Captdon
11-20-2017, 01:56 PM

What killed the anti-war movement was ending the draft. The left didn't have to go so they stopped caring.

Captdon
11-20-2017, 01:57 PM

Dead.

Kacper
11-20-2017, 05:32 PM
Sad thing is that now he is gone, some nutball is out there plotting how he can become the next Charles Manson.

Chris
11-20-2017, 05:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn5UgGQukYQ&feature=player_embedded

Kind of interesting.

Tahuyaman
11-20-2017, 06:00 PM
I've tried to live by the creed that if you can't say something good about the deceased don't say anything at all. With that in mind; Charles Manson is dead.......Good.

silvereyes
11-20-2017, 06:16 PM
If there's a hell, Charlie is in the same room with Hitler.

I got into a vicious fight with an Uber religious chick on a different board. I had made the comment that I don't want to be in Heaven (or anywhere) because some jackass pedofile murderer made a death bed confession and wants redemption. Fuck. Him. And the horse he rode in on.

Dr. Who
11-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Darn, I was going to say that. :smiley:

Mini Me
11-20-2017, 09:09 PM
I actually met Squeaky Fromme one day!

She was Joe Sandino's best friend. I worked with Joe at a guitar and drum studio in West Covina, VA. He was a crack Flamemco player from Ecuador. She was sitting by the edge of a swimming pool at some apartments reading a book. I said Hello, and she looked up at me with utter disinterest, and meekly said Hi.She looked real good in her tiny bikini and red hair!

This was before she joined the Family, around '65 or '66. There is a very good book about her life.
Her father was molesting her at age 17, and she escaped and went to Venice(muscle beach) and met Charlie in an alley. She said it was like he could read her mind, as he knew what her situation was.I wanted to write a biography about her after she got out of the nuthouse, but Joe backed me off of that.She wasn't involved with the Manson murders, but did pull a gun on President Ford.

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.tjJC-8Vr1f5WKW42b1xFGgEsES&pid=15.1&P=0&w=189&h=174

jimmyz
11-20-2017, 09:20 PM
I used to party in the Santa Susana Pass near where I lived in LA. There is a documentary about The Family. In it you can see them swinging on the same rope over a creek that me and my friends did. It was near the movie ranch where they lived for a while. We would joke that there were bodies buried near there. Not a joke as it turns out.

Adelaide
11-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Discuss the topic and do not insult each other.

stjames1_53
11-21-2017, 06:25 AM
In hell with your hero Tim Mcveigh

McVeigh is my hero????????????? really...........just how is that?

Standing Wolf
11-21-2017, 08:23 AM
Nicky [Nicolette Larson] and I started skating on Venice Beach, which we loved because it was full of extreme Southern California characters. There were old Jewish lefties playing chess, whatever was left of the Beat Generation, Muscle Beach bodybuilders, and street performers. There were also slackers and stoners of every description lying around enjoying the warm sun and the great looking girls in skimpy clothing.

Skating liberated us from car culture. If we saw something we liked, we could stop and join in immediately without having to park. If we didn't like what we saw, we could roll on by. The two of us were both novice skaters and could stop only by grabbing on to a pole or a tree.

We had a pal named Dan Blackburn, who worked as a news correspondent for NBC. He was a good skater and offered to meet us at the beach and give us some tips. Dan said he would bring a friend he wanted us to meet. He arrived at the designated hour and introduced us to a slender brunette, quiet and pretty, with a refined, well-brought-up manner. Her name was Leslie. We skated for an hour or so, until we were accosted by a tangle of people who were lying on the ground, trying to grab our ankles and begging for water. Some of them were eating dirt. They were obviously wasted on something strong. Someone said it was "angel dust," which was the street name for PCP. The analgesic effect of angel dust can prevent users form realizing they need water, and by the time the drug starts to wear off, they are desperate with thirst.

We managed to slide away and skated to a nearby restaurant for lunch. After we ordered, we began to talk about how we felt sorry and embarrassed for the people we had seen, that they had been shorn of any dignity they may have possessed, and that angel dust looked like a bad drug. Nicky and I had never tried it, and wondered what could be its appeal. Quiet Leslie became animated and said that yes, it was a very bad drug, and could cause one to do things one would never do when sober. She said she knew this, because she herself, had done some bad things under the influence of drugs and had gone to jail. Remembering my own jail experience, I naively asked her what she was arrested for. "Murder," she replied. "Well, who did you murder?" Nicky sputtered. Leslie replied that her full name was Leslie Van Houten and that she had been part of Charles Manson's "family." Nicollete and I were choking on our burgers. She seemed so nice and normal.

We wondered as politely as we could, how she had gotten out of jail and could be lunching and roller skating with us instead of sitting in a cell with the rest of her cohorts. She was out on an appeal because her attorney disappeared during the trial, and so she was found to have had ineffective assistance at trial.

As she saw it, the combination of Charles Manson's influence, plus the drugs he had encouraged her to take, would convince the court that she was not in her right mind, and therefore innocent. Dan and Leslie left us pondering how someone's life could change so irrevocably from normal to grotesquely tragic. As we skated back to where the car was parked, we wondered, could this happen to either of us? Or someone we loved? It definitely reinforced the hearing loss argument against drugs. I remember feeling so disturbed and distracted that I lost track of what my feet were doing and fell hard on the concrete. This, added to my fall down the stairs at the Capitol theatre a few years earlier, caused yeares of back problems.

Leslie's appeal, no surprise, was ultimately unsuccessful, as she was retried and ultimatley found guilty. After close to a year of freedom, she was returned to prison, where she remains to this day.

Linda Ronstadt, 'Simple Dreams'

Tahuyaman
11-21-2017, 10:41 AM
I got into a vicious fight with an Uber religious chick on a different board. I had made the comment that I don't want to be in Heaven (or anywhere) because some jackass pedofile murderer made a death bed confession and wants redemption. $#@!. Him. And the horse he rode in on.

Mine can't be saved by a simple confession.

nic34
11-21-2017, 10:48 AM
What killed the anti-war movement was ending the draft. The left didn't have to go so they stopped caring.

Bullshit, the draft effectively ended after the war was over in August 1973.

https://www.sss.gov/About/History-And-Records/lotter1

Mini Me
11-21-2017, 07:16 PM
Bullshit, the draft effectively ended after the war was over in August 1973.

https://www.sss.gov/About/History-And-Records/lotter1
I thought the war ended when Abbie Hoffman levitated the Pentagon!Yippie!

http://circle.org/jsource/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/05/Abbie-Hoffman-278x300.jpg