PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Rose suspended after sexually harassment allegations

Common
11-20-2017, 06:44 PM
Charlie Rose was suspended from both CBS and PBS on Monday afternoon after eight women came forward with disturbing allegations that the longtime television host exposed himself to them and groped their breasts, buttocks and genitals on a number of occasions.
In extensive interviews with the Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?nid&utm_term=.cc6dc310b203), the women recounted how Rose made unwanted sexual advances while they worked or hoped to work on Rose's namesake PBS show, dating back to the late 1990s and spanning until as recently as 2011.
Ranging in age from 21 to 37, five of the women spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of retaliation from the veteran TV host. The women's allegations have striking similarities, describing how Rose switched between anger and flattery as he made the predatory advances.

Rose, who also co-hosts "CBS This Morning" and contributes to "60 Minutes," apologized for his "inappropriate behavior" but insisted he was under the impression that the incidents were consensual.
Charlie Rose accused of sexual harassment by eight women (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/charlie-rose-accused-sexual-harassment-women-article-1.3647002)
“It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize," Rose said in a statement. "I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/women-claim-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-groped-article-1.3646925

exotix
11-20-2017, 07:36 PM
*Breaking*

Eight women say Charlie Rose sexually harassed them — with nudity, groping and lewd calls

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.f1dfc92351bc

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tv-host-charlie-rose-suspended-apologizes-after-sexual-harassment-accusations-n822691

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&ei=6HMTWsqiM-Pp_Qaf76fYAg&q=charlie+rose&oq=char&gs_l=psy-ab.1.2.0i131k1l3j0j0i131k1l4j0j0i131k1.2201.4995.0 .9075.8.6.2.0.0.0.169.561.5j1.6.0....0...1c.1.64.p sy-ab..0.8.572...0i10k1j0i10i46k1j46i10k1.0.nzgytMTZt UM

Eight women have told The Washington Post that longtime television host Charlie Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas.

The women were employees or aspired to work for Rose at the “Charlie Rose” show from the late 1990s to as recently as 2011.

They ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the alleged encounters.

Rose, 75, whose show airs on PBS and Bloomberg TV.

https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/gettyimages-869189732.jpg?w=2000

Trish
11-20-2017, 07:43 PM
This is crazy! Charlie Rose.....tsk, tsk, tsk. Let me just say there is a bunch of fellas out them shhhitting their pants right now and waiting for the shoe to D. R. O. P.

The time of reckoning has arrived.

Kacper
11-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Sad for me. His is one of the few interview shows I watch any more.

gamewell45
11-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Charlie Rose was suspended from both CBS and PBS on Monday afternoon after eight women came forward with disturbing allegations that the longtime television host exposed himself to them and groped their breasts, buttocks and genitals on a number of occasions.
In extensive interviews with the Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?nid&utm_term=.cc6dc310b203), the women recounted how Rose made unwanted sexual advances while they worked or hoped to work on Rose's namesake PBS show, dating back to the late 1990s and spanning until as recently as 2011.
Ranging in age from 21 to 37, five of the women spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of retaliation from the veteran TV host. The women's allegations have striking similarities, describing how Rose switched between anger and flattery as he made the predatory advances.

Rose, who also co-hosts "CBS This Morning" and contributes to "60 Minutes," apologized for his "inappropriate behavior" but insisted he was under the impression that the incidents were consensual.
Charlie Rose accused of sexual harassment by eight women (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/charlie-rose-accused-sexual-harassment-women-article-1.3647002)
“It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize," Rose said in a statement. "I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/women-claim-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-groped-article-1.3646925

And the hits just keep on coming!

Grokmaster
11-20-2017, 08:19 PM
Dupe.

Mister D
11-20-2017, 08:21 PM
Did they continue to work there?

Grokmaster
11-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Apparently, hanging around "Big Supporters of Women's Issues" is not a safe thing for women to do.....

resister
11-20-2017, 08:38 PM
Not *breaking* Dupe thread.

exotix
11-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Just In

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzqGxXuio5c

Charlie Rose apologizes

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tv-host-charlie-rose-suspended-apologizes-after-sexual-harassment-accusations-n822691

“In my 45 years in journalism, I have prided myself on being an advocate for the careers of the women with whom I have worked,” Rose said in a statement to The Post that he later posted on Twitter (https://twitter.com/charlierose/status/932747035069034496/photo/1).

“Nevertheless, in the past few days, claims have been made about my behavior toward some former female colleagues.”
"It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior,” the statement continued.

“I am greatly embarrassed.
I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate.

I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken."

Abby08
11-20-2017, 09:19 PM
Dang! Is everyone a perv? Who's gonna be left standing when it's all said and done?

This is getting entertaining, I'm kinda looking forward to see who's outed next!

exotix
11-20-2017, 09:28 PM
Dang! Is everyone a perv? Who's gonna be left standing when it's all said and done?

This is getting entertaining, I'm kinda looking forward to see who's outed next!Notice who got it all started .. the President of the United States of America.

http://i.imgur.com/EApJ9V2.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP7yf8-Lk80

Adelaide
11-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Duplicate threads merged.

Agent Cooper
11-21-2017, 03:40 AM
Does it matter? Where would you have them go? To the head of the welfare line? Or more likely, to another job where they would be harassed again.

These allegations were reported to the woman who runs Charlie's schedule. Her reaction? "Oh, that's just Charlie being Charlie."

waltky
11-21-2017, 05:38 AM
Granny says, "Is all dem womens' fault...

... dat come sexy dressed on his show...

... an' make googly eyes at him...

... an he can't help it `cause he got dat...

... double X chromosome in his genes."
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

Mister D
11-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Does it matter? Where would you have them go? To the head of the welfare line? Or more likely, to another job where they would be harassed again.

These allegations were reported to the woman who runs Charlie's schedule. Her reaction? "Oh, that's just Charlie being Charlie."
Yeah, it's hard to find a job where you're not being groped by old men. Are you Polly's sock? lol

Anyway, yes, it does matter. If you're willing to pay to play, so to speak, you are to some extent culpable.

Common
11-21-2017, 08:58 AM
THeres two more directors accused.

Beevee
11-21-2017, 09:08 AM

This is getting entertaining, I'm kinda looking forward to see who's outed next!

What interests me is how many of the people reporting these stories are themselves guilty of the same and suspect their time is drawing to a close.

barb012
11-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Notice who got it all started .. the President of the United States of America.

http://i.imgur.com/EApJ9V2.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP7yf8-Lk80

If Hillary got elected, none of these sexual misconduct allegations would exist.

leekohler2
11-21-2017, 01:31 PM
THeres two more directors accused.

Charlie Rose just got fired over allegations not evidence.

The right wants to elect Roy Moore. I think you're worried about the wrong people, Common.

hanger4
11-21-2017, 01:41 PM
Charlie Rose just got fired over allegations not evidence.

The right wants to elect Roy Moore. I think you're worried about the wrong people, Common.

Rose admitted to and apologized for his “inappropriate behavior.”

Hell of difference there leekohler2

rcfieldz
11-21-2017, 02:18 PM
I am truly shocked. His twitter post:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPHIe9zVAAAsQC6.jpg:large

leekohler2
11-21-2017, 02:54 PM
I am truly shocked. His twitter post:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPHIe9zVAAAsQC6.jpg:large
Why are you shocked?

donttread
11-21-2017, 04:55 PM

All right all men on TV just resign and get it over with. What will the women watch then?

jimmyz
11-21-2017, 05:26 PM
So far Louis CK and Charlie Rose have been the only ones to admit to their guilt with no photographic proof just allegations.

Al Fraken has weaseled away with all the other deniers with photos of his abuses.

Agent Zero
11-21-2017, 05:33 PM

What a stupid post. What do you expect them to do?

Mrs Zero and her sister were just talking about this with my idiot conservative libertarian brother in law present. After proclaiming the women should have immediately quit and find another job, he was asked a question. One I'd like you to answer.

If your employer, male or female, had sexually harassed you, what would you do? I'll bet you'd keep it waaaay down inside your barren heart.

Agent Zero
11-21-2017, 05:36 PM

Not at all.

All of these men should resign from their jobs, be it media or government.

leekohler2
11-21-2017, 05:37 PM

You're right, we never see right wingers apologize or admit their inappropriate behavior, even when caught. The right wingers on this website are a perfect example.

leekohler2
11-21-2017, 05:38 PM
Not at all.

Thank you.

resister
11-21-2017, 05:42 PM
Thank you.
So anytime someone is accused, they should resign? Sounds like a recipe for accusations galore.

Does not any one believe in that concept, of innocent until proven guilty?

resister
11-21-2017, 05:45 PM
You're right, we never see right wingers apologize or admit their inappropriate behavior, even when caught. The right wingers on this website are a perfect example.
Are you saying I have never admitted to being wrong?

Agent Zero
11-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Are you saying I have never admitted to being wrong?

lol. Dude, you've never been right! :rofl:

Agent Zero
11-21-2017, 05:47 PM
I'm not surprised they actively support paedophiles and rapists.

resister
11-21-2017, 05:48 PM
lol. Dude, you've never been right! :rofl:

Agent Zero
11-21-2017, 05:54 PM
So anytime someone is accused, they should resign? Sounds like a recipe for accusations galore.

Absolutely. The concept of innocent until proven guilty has nothing to do with this. Welcome to the anti-union, right to work world of Trump.

Nearly 100 women in the past month have come out accusing men of improper treatment, not including the 19 who legitimately charged a presidential candidate of the same actions.

A presidential candidate who can't finish a sentence without lying.

I believe the women far more than him or any of the others charged. I will, however, applaud those who admit to their flaws, unlike Moore and other conservatives caught with their pants down.

Toss them all. If they can't respect women, they don't deserve respect.

Including Trump, who has admitted to sexually abusing women.

Bethere
11-21-2017, 05:54 PM

Hillary Clinton laughs at your brazen hypocrisy.

hanger4
11-21-2017, 05:57 PM
Not at all.

On just accusations ?? Surely you jest ?? What an absolute cluster frick that would be.

As an aside, did you call for the resignation of William Jefferson Clinton ??

resister
11-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Hillary Clinton laughs at your brazen hypocrisy.
I thought you don't interact with me? You said that just today.

Anyhow, I am sure that Hillary laughs at anything, remotely resembling justice.

hanger4
11-21-2017, 06:10 PM

Who was actually caught again ??

hanger4
11-21-2017, 06:20 PM
I'm not surprised they actively support paedophiles and rapists.

And I'm not surprised you're still pushing that lie.

hanger4
11-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Absolutely. The concept of innocent until proven guilty has nothing to do with this. Welcome to the anti-union, right to work world of Trump.

Nearly 100 women in the past month have come out accusing men of improper treatment, not including the 19 who legitimately charged a presidential candidate of the same actions.

I believe the women far more than him or any of the others charged. I will, however, applaud those who admit to their flaws, unlike Moore and other conservatives caught with their pants down.

President William Jefferson Clinton cringes at your brazen hypocrisy. I, on the other hand just :rofl:

Beevee
11-21-2017, 06:31 PM

Ask Nancy Grace.

resister
11-21-2017, 06:36 PM
It is easy to "admit your flaws" when photographic evidence is splashed across MSM:rollseyes:

Oh yeah, he gets SOOOO many points for honesty...zzz ZZ zzzz

Agent Zero
11-21-2017, 06:37 PM
President William Jefferson Clinton cringes at your brazen hypocrisy. I, on the other hand just :rofl:

You do know Bill didn't go unpunished, right? Just a reminder, too...at the time Bill was getting a blow job, Trump was cheating on his wife Marla Maples with some Russian whore.

hanger4
11-21-2017, 06:44 PM
You do know Bill didn't go unpunished, right? Just a reminder, too...at the time Bill was getting a blow job, Trump was cheating on his wife Marla Maples with some Russian whore.

Did BC resign from office as you believe he should ?? Did you even call for his resignation ??

Are you not shamed by your blatant hypocrisy ??

Mister D
11-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Did BC resign from office as you believe he should ?? Did you even call for his resignation ??

Are you not shamed by your blatant hypocrisy ??
he rushed in to defend that pervert Conyers. Apparently, Total Zero likes perverts.

jimmyz
11-21-2017, 07:01 PM

*throat clear*

jimmyz
11-21-2017, 07:03 PM

There is a blue dress with BJ Clinton's semen stains on it in someone's safe deposit box in a vault somewhere.

resister
11-21-2017, 07:04 PM
*throat clear*
That was a disappointing comment, to me.

leekohler2
11-21-2017, 10:40 PM

That's what the right wing insisted on with Kevin Spacey, Weinstein and others. No evidence was necessary. Common has been leading the charge for the right wing for weeks. No allegations against anyone in Hollywood were proven. But people lost their jobs anyway. Common and the rest of the cons on this site celebrated. Anyone in Hollywood accused is gone. No evidence necessary.

So you tell me, resister. You tell me what you think is right.

If this kind of thing happens to Roy Moore, you elect him to office. If this kind of thing happens to Donald Trump, you elect him to office.

But yet, the right tries to tell us that we're immoral?

Are you serious? It's clear what the right really cares about, and it definitely is not morality.

Hollywood and the left are doing a purge like no one has ever seen. Getting rid of the garbage. The right is working to elect them.

leekohler2
11-21-2017, 10:48 PM
There is a blue dress with BJ Clinton's semen stains on it in someone's safe deposit box in a vault somewhere.

Yeah, and she was a woman who clearly decided she wanted that. Monica Lewinsky was never a victim, she was a mistress.

rcfieldz
11-21-2017, 11:19 PM
I thought you don't interact with me? You said that just today.

Anyhow, I am sure that Hillary laughs at anything, remotely resembling justice.
As long as Bill reminds her to take her meds she has it under control.

jimmyz
11-22-2017, 01:03 AM
Yeah, and she was a woman who clearly decided she wanted that. Monica Lewinsky was never a victim, she was a mistress.

Many mistresses dont save cum stained dresses unless there is an upside Lee.

jimmyz
11-22-2017, 01:05 AM
That's what the right wing insisted on with Kevin Spacey, Weinstein and others. No evidence was necessary. Common has been leading the charge for the right wing for weeks. No allegations against anyone in Hollywood were proven. But people lost their jobs anyway. Common and the rest of the cons on this site celebrated. Anyone in Hollywood accused is gone. No evidence necessary.

If this kind of thing happens to Roy Moore, you elect him to office. If this kind of thing happens to Donald Trump, you elect him to office.

Are you serious? It's clear what the right really cares about, and it definitely is not morality.

Hollywood and the left are doing a purge like no one has ever seen. Getting rid of the garbage. The right is working to elect them.

So are you pro or against your so-called quoted immoral purge?

resister
11-22-2017, 01:13 AM

Hollywood and the left are doing a purge like no one has ever seen. Getting rid of the garbage. The right is working to elect them. leekohler2 Please stop making blanket statements about conservatives, like your earlier one where you said that no TPF conservative has ever admitted being wrong.

Such statements, disappoint me coming from you. I thought we were better than that.:sad: