PDA

View Full Version : Longtime Dem Rep Settled a Complaint Over Sexual Harassment

Common
11-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Wow liberals are dropping like flies, between hollywood and reporters and politicians.

Michigan Rep. John Conyers reportedly settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 with a former staffer who accused the Democrat of firing her because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances.”
Four former staffers signed affidavits alleging that the longest serving House member made repeated sexual advances to his female staffers as well as having members of his staff contact and transport women they believe he was having affairs with. Two of the women stated in their affidavits that they thought he was using office funds to pay for their travel to and from his apartment and hotel rooms.
Among the other inappropriate sexual behavior named was caressing, touching, and asking for sexual favors.
The woman who settled with the congressman went through a lengthy process in dealing with Conyers’ unwanted sexual advances.

The woman who settled with Conyers launched the complaint with the Office of Compliance in 2014, alleging she was fired for refusing his sexual advances, and ended up facing a daunting process that ended with a confidentiality agreement in exchange for a settlement of more than $27,000. Her settlement, however, came from Conyers’ office budget rather than the designated fund for settlements.
Congress has no human resources department. Instead, congressional employees have 180 days to report a sexual harassment incident to the Office of Compliance, which then leads to a lengthy process that involves counseling and mediation, and requires the signing of a confidentiality agreement before a complaint can go forward.
After this an employee can choose to take the matter to federal district court, but another avenue is available: an administrative hearing, after which a negotiation and settlement may follow. (BuzzFeed (https://www.buzzfeed.com/paulmcleod/she-complained-that-a-powerful-congressman-harassed-her?utm_term=.ptW8Op4p0#.oaOLzgqgZ))
“I was basically blackballed. There was nowhere I could go,” the woman told BuzzFeed News.
She said in her complaint the Democrat often wanted her to join him in his hotel room and one evening asked her to work out of his room. When she arrived, however, he only discussed his sexual fantasies and wanted her to “touch it.”
Another time Conyers wanted her to stay in his room while traveling for a fundraising event. When she refused he said “just cuddle up with me and caress me before you go,” she alleged.
“Rep. Conyers strongly postulated that the performing of personal service or favors would be looked upon favorably and lead to salary increases or promotions,” the former employee stated in the documents.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told BuzzFeed she was unaware of the settlement.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/11/21/report-longtime-dem-rep-settled-a-complaint-over-sexual-harassment-n2412364

Tahuyaman
11-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Conyers has denied that he has ever settled any law suit. That is accurate. He didn't settle this on his own. It was settled by the fund which protects our elected officials. The taxpayers settled it.

texan
11-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Just shows he is another liar that cannot be trusted. Also, NO ELECTED OFFICIAL that is settling suits should be paid by the people of this country. It should be from his private enterprise that elected him. That is BS! Another example of the swamp the inmates are running. They write the rules to protect themselves while they get rich off our backs.

This is the revolt wave you saw that voted for Trump. It could have been Joe Blow that ran saying those things that we would have voted for and will again. Screw everyone in this country covering for these people.

barb012
11-21-2017, 01:20 PM
All women (especially government jobs) should go to work with a body camera and a recorder on them at all times to have a actual record of evidence for sexual allegations. This is the only way to stop this behavior now and into the future.

Common
11-21-2017, 02:11 PM
nic34 heres another one for ya :)

Common
11-21-2017, 02:16 PM
Conyers has denied that he has ever settled any law suit. That is accurate. He didn't settle this on his own. It was settled by the fund which protects our elected officials. The taxpayers settled it.
I read that also but It didnt say it was paid out of the congressional fund, Im not saying it wasnt, Im saying the article I read didnt say that.

U.S. Representative John Conyers on Tuesday acknowledged that there had been a harassment allegation against him but said he denied it and resolved the matter with a payment but no admission of guilt.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-conyers/u-s-representative-conyers-denies-harassment-allegation-idUSKBN1DL2EO

Theres also reports hes a serial harrasser and even Paul Ryan has brought that out.
(https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-conyers/u-s-representative-conyers-denies-harassment-allegation-idUSKBN1DL2EO)

Paul Ryan on Conyers Serial Sexual Harrassment: Extremely Troubling
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/11/21/paul-ryan-responds-to-sexual-harassment-on-capitol-hill-n2412417

Tahuyaman
11-21-2017, 02:50 PM
I read that also but It didnt say it was paid out of the congressional fund, Im not saying it wasnt, Im saying the article I read didnt say that.

U.S. Representative John Conyers on Tuesday acknowledged that there had been a harassment allegation against him but said he denied it and resolved the matter with a payment but no admission of guilt.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-conyers/u-s-representative-conyers-denies-harassment-allegation-idUSKBN1DL2EO

Theres also reports hes a serial harrasser and even Paul Ryan has brought that out.
(https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-conyers/u-s-representative-conyers-denies-harassment-allegation-idUSKBN1DL2EO)

Paul Ryan on Conyers Serial Sexual Harrassment: Extremely Troubling

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/11/21/paul-ryan-responds-to-sexual-harassment-on-capitol-hill-n2412417

I read that it was paid out of that congressional fund along with other settlements.

nic34
11-21-2017, 03:36 PM
nic34 heres another one for ya :)

Thank you. I find ya all's new found concern for women touching especially after ya all put the groper in chief in the WH.

Lol

Crepitus
11-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Thank you. I find ya all's new found concern for women touching especially after ya all put the groper in chief in the WH.

Lol

You elected trump, not us.

texan
11-21-2017, 07:39 PM
You elected trump, not us.

We had 2 choices:
1. Trump
2. Or your choice. A law breaking bitch that lies with every spoken word and stole from the people to become billionaires. Pieces of $hit would be the appropriate definition. So yes we voted for Trump and peddled horse $hit as a solution.

Her latest good work from Friday. “It’s unfortunate that everyone seems to missremember history about my husbands affairs.”

Yes you carried water for this dumbass.

hanger4
11-21-2017, 07:49 PM
Thank you. I on l l all's new found concern for women touching especially after ya all put the groper in chief in the WH.

Lol

I find y'alls new found concern for women touching especially after y'all defended WJC and his enabler wife HRC.

Crepitus
11-21-2017, 07:57 PM
We had 2 choices:
1. Trump
2. Or your choice. A law breaking bitch that lies with every spoken word and stole from the people to become billionaires. Pieces of $hit would be the appropriate definition. So yes we voted for Trump and peddled horse $hit as a solution.

Her latest good work from Friday. “It’s unfortunate that everyone seems to missremember history about my husbands affairs.”

Actually no. I spent quite a bit of time and energy trying to get people to vote "none of the above"

Crepitus
11-21-2017, 07:58 PM
We had 2 choices:
1. Trump

I do think it's pretty funny for a trump supporter to talk about anyone else's lies though, considering.

KathyS
11-21-2017, 08:06 PM
Auntie Maxine just endorsed Conyers last month as being a "champion for women." Champion what??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDvHobqt6gE

Tahuyaman
11-21-2017, 10:05 PM
You elected trump, not us.I didn't vote him, but I'm glad Hillary Clinton isn't now the POTUS.

Tahuyaman
11-21-2017, 10:06 PM
Auntie Maxine just endorsed Conyers last month as being a "champion for women." Champion what??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDvHobqt6gE

She's truly an idiot.

Tahuyaman
11-21-2017, 10:07 PM
Actually no. I spent quite a bit of time and energy trying to get people to vote "none of the above"
Don't lie. You were a Hillary supporter.

Captdon
11-21-2017, 10:12 PM

Lol

Doesn't matter. Liberals aren't calling for their guys to resign. They voted a rapist into office. They tried to vote his enabler in. Cry me a river. You don't care then I don't care.Reap what you sow.

Crepitus
11-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Don't lie. You were a Hillary supporter.

I do not lie. Post me being a Hillary supporter or admit you do trumpkin.

Tahuyaman
11-22-2017, 09:19 AM
I do not lie. Post me being a Hillary supporter or admit you do trumpkin.
Huh? Admit I supported Clinton? Not hardly.

Crepitus
11-22-2017, 09:29 AM
Huh? Admit I supported Clinton? Not hardly.

You must have. You say you didn't vote for trump right? By the same "logic" you are applying to me you are a Clinton sopporter.

Tahuyaman
11-22-2017, 11:16 AM
You must have. You say you didn't vote for trump right? By the same "logic" you are applying to me you are a Clinton sopporter.

I always admitted who I voted for.

Crepitus
11-22-2017, 12:38 PM
I always admitted who I voted for.

So did I.

Tahuyaman
11-22-2017, 12:50 PM
So did I.

Why are you denying it now?

Crepitus
11-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Why are you denying it now?

Why are you?

Tahuyaman
11-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Why are you?

what did I deny? I have never denied who I voted for.

Crepitus
11-22-2017, 04:31 PM
what did I deny? I have never denied who I voted for.

Neither have I.

Tahuyaman
11-22-2017, 06:31 PM
Neither have I.
Yes you have. You voted for Hillary, but can't admit it now. You're embarrassed by that.

Crepitus
11-22-2017, 07:46 PM
Yes you have. You voted for Hillary, but can't admit it now. You're embarrassed by that.

By the logic you are using you voted for her too.

Tahuyaman
11-22-2017, 08:42 PM
By the logic you are using you voted for her too.
What kind of logic is that?

Crepitus
11-22-2017, 08:55 PM
What kind of logic is that?

That is indeed that question, isn't it.

Tahuyaman
11-22-2017, 10:52 PM
That is indeed that question, isn't it.

It must be for you.