PDA

View Full Version : An interesting essay from Scott Rasmussen

Mainecoons
12-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Discusses how Iraq defined, and doomed, Bush's second term and how ObamaCare could do the same to Obama.

http://www.newsmax.com/ScottRasmussen/Obamacare-Obama-second-term/2012/11/30/id/465989

Peter1469
12-02-2012, 09:32 AM
On Iraq. Regardless of the rightness or wrongness of the Iraq war, had Bush refused to occupy Iraq and had brought combat troops home (leave SoF to hunt for Saddam) his popularity would have remained high until the economic collapse in 2008-9.

Obamacare will start coming on-line in the next two years. That leaves two years for people to decide what they think of it. The government can't do anything right the first time, so they likely won't have the system working right prior to the next election. People will be frustrated with it; many people will be forced onto government assistance because of the increased taxes associated with it.

Mainecoons
12-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I think that is what Rasmussen is hinting at, that ObamaCare is going to be Barry's Iraq.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :grin:

Peter1469
12-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I think that is what Rasmussen is hinting at, that ObamaCare is going to be Barry's Iraq.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :grin:

I agree.

Chris
12-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Obamacare will go the way of all socialized healthcare, failure, failure to address the problems.

Mainecoons
12-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Here's what I think the strategy is:

Use the sequester and the very successful class warfare strategy to take back the House and then morph ObamaCare into single payer. By the time everyone figures out that this will be a medical Katrina/Sandy, he'll be gone.

corrocamino
12-02-2012, 02:58 PM
How I dread a power-transfers in Washington -- the only replacement possibilities are professional politicians! (Shudder!)

[Actually, there are no power-transfers: the Dems and Repubs are part and parcel of the same two-headed beast, joined at the hip and rooted in the same pot of gold.]