PDA

View Full Version : Manufactured Crisis

patrickt
12-03-2012, 08:14 AM
I remember the anxiety of our pending crashing into the debt ceiling. To be honest, I didn't understand it. But, our wonderful leaders averted that crisis. Now, we're racing to the fiscal cliff and it suddenly dawned on me that this is all bogus. The politicians create this distractions so, like Mighty Mouse, they can save the day from the danger they created in the first place.

Just look at last years federal budget, oh, wait, no budget. Well, the year before last. Oops. No budget. Well, the year before that. Nope.

We're being played folks. Our borrowing will go up, our spending will go up, our taxes will go up, and our deficit will go up. And another manufactured crisis will have been avoided.

Cigar
12-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Who would have thunk-it ... Democrats proposing Tax-cuts to 100% of Americans and Republicans fighting against it? :loco:

Yea ... this is going to turn out Great. :f_applause:

Carygrant
12-03-2012, 08:28 AM
. To be honest, I didn't understand it.d.

You got that bit right .
Just chew on the fact that if your strategy is to borrow forever , it is reliant on others willing to lend to you forever .
And that is not happening already . Many major powers are now refusing to trade in $US .
As your debt and obligations exceed $200 trillion , to many there is trouble ahead .
Others tell the truth and say you are bankrupt and eventually you will be forced to heel .
Probably this coming year .

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Who would have thunk-it ... Democrats proposing Tax-cuts to 100% of Americans and Republicans fighting against it? :loco:

Yea ... this is going to turn out Great. :f_applause:

Dems are not proposing a tax cut for 100% of Americans. They are proposing tax increases on the top and cuts for others. Class warfare. No thought of economic effect. Only thoughts of creating massive voting blocks.

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 09:01 AM
You got that bit right .
Just chew on the fact that if your strategy is to borrow forever , it is reliant on others willing to lend to you forever .
And that is not happening already . Many major powers are now refusing to trade in $US .
As your debt and obligations exceed $200 trillion , to many there is trouble ahead .
Others tell the truth and say you are bankrupt and eventually you will be forced to heel .
Probably this coming year .

correct

Cigar
12-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Dems are not proposing a tax cut for 100% of Americans. They are proposing tax increases on the top and cuts for others. Class warfare. No thought of economic effect. Only thoughts of creating massive voting blocks.

EVERYONE gets a TAX-CUT for the first $250,000.00

Do you have a problem with EVERYONE getting a TAX-CUT for the first $250,000.00

Is getting a TAX-CUT for YOUR first $250,000.00 a particular problem or you personally?

Mainecoons
12-03-2012, 09:06 AM
VERY correct. Even a blind squirrel. . . .

:grin:

Cigar
12-03-2012, 09:08 AM
VERY correct. Even a blind squirrel. . . .

:grin:

That's right, even Squirrels, blind or not ... have Nuts; and you?

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 09:14 AM
EVERYONE gets a TAX-CUT for the first $250,000.00

Do you have a problem with EVERYONE getting a TAX-CUT for the first $250,000.00

Is getting a TAX-CUT for YOUR first $250,000.00 a particular problem or you personally?

Yes. We are creating a majority who no longer have "skin in the game." That will cause the end of the republic.

Cigar
12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Yes. We are creating a majority who no longer have "skin in the game." That will cause the end of the republic.

Elections have Consequences ... 51% beats 47% ... the people have spoken.

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Elections have Consequences ... 51% beats 47% ... the people have spoken.

Right. And our Republic will collapse because of it. Happy?

nic34
12-03-2012, 09:35 AM

You are right.

Pay people a living wage, then you get more taxpayers in the game. Simple.

In the mean time, a 4% tax rate hike for the top 2% is hardly a sacrafice. Buck it up papa john.

Cigar
12-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Right. And our Republic will collapse because of it. Happy?

Why is everything apocalyptic with you people?

You just lost an election ... or two ... you'll get over it; Democrats did.

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 10:00 AM
I remember the anxiety of our pending crashing into the debt ceiling. To be honest, I didn't understand it. But, our wonderful leaders averted that crisis. Now, we're racing to the fiscal cliff and it suddenly dawned on me that this is all bogus. The politicians create this distractions so, like Mighty Mouse, they can save the day from the danger they created in the first place.

Just look at last years federal budget, oh, wait, no budget. Well, the year before last. Oops. No budget. Well, the year before that. Nope.

We're being played folks. Our borrowing will go up, our spending will go up, our taxes will go up, and our deficit will go up. And another manufactured crisis will have been avoided.

Traditionally, the "way out" for the powers-that-be is to find a pretext for a brand-new war to which the short attention span can quickly become atuned. Stay (a)tuned.

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Why is everything apocalyptic with you people?

You just lost an election ... or two ... you'll get over it; Democrats did.

It is simple. The majority that pays zero federal income tax will continue to vote for more income taxes. They system will collapse. Fools just can see it.

patrickt
12-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Get real. If Cigar ever posts something true you can be assured it's an accident. Democrats are sneaking to a tax increase on 100% of Americans but not 100% of U.S. Citizens.

Cigar
12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
It is simple. The majority that pays zero federal income tax will continue to vote for more income taxes. They system will collapse. Fools just can see it.

Here's a good idea ... why don't your Republicans Politicians "openly" campaign on mandating EVERY PAY (Retired, College Students, Military and even those who don't have Jobs)

I can't imagine why Republicans are losing Presidential Elections. :grin:, but keep up the good work.

Brilliant

Agravan
12-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Cigar will just nevet get it. He has drunk the Kool-aide and is beyond redemption. Just give these fools what they want and we can rebuild after the crash.

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes just give the sane people who use facts instead of fox news talking points what they want.

the crash you imagine already took place under Bush

nic34
12-03-2012, 11:06 AM

That's right, gotta squeeze the last nickel from your waitresses' tips.

Agravan
12-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes just give the sane people who use facts instead of fox news talking points what they want.

the crash you imagine already took place under Bush
Lol, you consider yourself one of the "sane people"?
Ok, knock yourself out....

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Most sane people live in Baja Oklahoma, I'm told. ;>)

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Here's a good idea ... why don't your Republicans Politicians "openly" campaign on mandating EVERY PAY (Retired, College Students, Military and even those who don't have Jobs)

I can't imagine why Republicans are losing Presidential Elections. :grin:, but keep up the good work.

Brilliant

Sure. End the personal and corporate income tax. Repeal the 16th Amendment. End the IRS.

Enact the Fair Tax. http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer