PDA

View Full Version : Your DNA is an abomination..

resister
11-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Another "isolated" incident of racist indoctrination, this time at a Texas university.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/30/texas-student-newspaper-blasted-over-anti-white-your-dna-is-abomination-column.html

A Texas college's student newspaper is apologizing after coming under fire for running an opinion column called "Your DNA is an abomination" that accuses white people of being oppressors who “shouldn’t exist.”
http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2017/11/29/300/169/694940094001_5662674282001_5662666338001-vs.jpg?ve=1&tl=1 Video (http://video.foxnews.com/v/5662666338001/greg-gutfeld-monologue-on-texas-tech-story)
Greg Gutfeld Monologue on Texas Tech Story (http://video.foxnews.com/v/5662666338001/greg-gutfeld-monologue-on-texas-tech-story)

The apology from Texas State’s University Star came just hours after the column was printed in the paper's Tuesday edition, sparking a backlash. “Whiteness will be over because we want it to be,” the article reads, according to a photograph sent to Fox News by multiple viewers. “And when it dies, there will be millions of cultural zombies aimlessly wandering across a vastly changed landscape.”

In addition to stating “white death will mean liberation for all,” the columnist also says whiteness is “a construct used to perpetuate a system of racist power” and white people are “an aberration."

resister
11-30-2017, 05:39 PM
MORE

“Until then, remember this: I hate you because you shouldn’t exist,” the column adds. “You are both the dominant apparatus on the planet and the void in which all other cultures, upon meeting you, die.”
The column was written by Texas State University senior Rudy Martinez, a philosophy major who said in a past article (https://star.txstate.edu/2017/07/20/dane-powell-is-a-hero/) he was one of the more than 200 people who was arrested on Jan. 20 protesting “the inauguration of proto-fascist Donald Trump.”
The University Star’s Editor-in-Chief, Denise Cervantes, said in a statement (https://star.txstate.edu/2017/11/28/letter-from-the-editor-3/) issued late Tuesday the column received “widespread criticism from readers.”
“The University Star’s opinion pages are a forum for students to express and debate ideas,” she said. “While our publication does not endorse every opinion put forth by student columnists or guest contributors, as the editor I take responsibility for what is printed on our pages.”
Cervantes said the original intent of the column was to provide a commentary on the idea of race and racial identities.
“We acknowledge that the column could have been clearer in its message and that it has caused hurt within our campus community,” she said. “We apologize and hope that we can move forward to a place of productive dialogue on ways to bring our community together.”
Andrew Homann, a former Texas State student body president and chief of staff at the Texas Federation of College Republicans, was among the leading critics of the column.
“Just when you think the opinion's columns in the University Star couldn't get any worse, they publish this masterpiece and exceed my expectations,” he wrote on a Facebook post Tuesday (https://www.facebook.com/Homann21). “No one is going to take this paper seriously if the editorial board continues to allow baseless garbage to be published week in and week out."
Twitter users also ripped the newspaper and its response.
“After reading this I'm embarrassed for my University! I would not be okay if this was written in any other context, I made many friends from different cultures,” one wrote (https://twitter.com/UniversityStar/status/935743218477608960).
“I expect a better response and repercussions,” said another, in a message directed to the school’s president.

S

Chris
11-30-2017, 05:41 PM
Yea, I reported that in another thread on what's happening more and more on college campuses.

The school apologized for the racism of the article.

resister
11-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Yea, I reported that in another thread on what's happening more and more on college campuses.

The school apologized for the racism of the article.Whoever allowed that to go to press, should be looking for another job.

Chris
11-30-2017, 05:53 PM
I think he should be free to say it, and then face the consequences of others' opinions juding him a racist.

barb012
11-30-2017, 05:57 PM
I have a suggestion to all of the racial issues. All questions on applications or other forms that ask you what your race is should be removed. It would be make it difficult for people that stir up the pot of racial profiling if they do not know how many people are in each group.

Common
11-30-2017, 06:05 PM
There is no racism directed at white people its all a vast white wing conspiracy.

resister
11-30-2017, 06:08 PM
I think he should be free to say it, and then face the consequences of others' opinions juding him a racist.
You could not ever find anything remotely similar about other races in a university paper, anywhere in America. You would have to go onto the KKK webpage or stormfront.

Just imagine if the races were reversed!

Captdon
11-30-2017, 08:49 PM
The apologgies only happen when people bitch. They are as meaningless as Al Franken admitting to one Groping incident.

resister
11-30-2017, 08:54 PM
The apologgies only happen when people bitch. They are as meaningless as Al Franken admitting to one Groping incident.
Could you imagine if a white had said that about blacks at a University? :shocked: The world suddenly stop spinning!

Chris
11-30-2017, 09:21 PM

True but at least he took a stand against it.

rcfieldz
12-01-2017, 12:21 AM
On the op...Proof! I wanna see PROOF!

resister
12-01-2017, 05:53 PM
On the op...Proof! I wanna see PROOF!
What, that people can be racist against whites?
https://youtu.be/2Y-ePG0v3sY

The Xl
12-01-2017, 06:17 PM
Tired of all the bitching. White people were historically terrible, but literally every race and next to every ethnic background were equally as terrible. White people just beat everyone else to the punch in terms of getting control. But make no mistake, they weren't any more or less oppressive or terrible than black people or anyone else for that matter.

Ethereal
12-01-2017, 06:31 PM
That's some hardcore racism.

Anyway, if you want to eradicate the evil white man, you're going to have try really hard. He's been at this game for a while now... just saying.

Cthulhu
12-01-2017, 09:43 PM
Tired of all the $#@!ing. White people were historically terrible, but literally every race and next to every ethnic background were equally as terrible. White people just beat everyone else to the punch in terms of getting control. But make no mistake, they weren't any more or less oppressive or terrible than black people or anyone else for that matter.I know.

Not my fault my ancestors were just better at murder and enslavement.

Not exactly something I'm trying to perpetuate either.

Regardless, the world will continue to spin.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Common Sense
12-01-2017, 09:47 PM
It's so hard being white these days. I have a double whammy against me being a man too.

resister
12-01-2017, 09:50 PM
It's so hard being white these days. I have a double whammy against me being a man too.
Fighting against racism is made harder by people that magnify one side, and ignore the other.

Common Sense
12-01-2017, 09:57 PM
Fighting against racism is made harder by people that magnify one side, and ignore the other.
True. Those that magnify anecdotal racism against whites do a disservice to fighting racism.

Of course racism against whites exists, but it's not as impactful or as prevalent as some try to make us think.

Does racism against whites cost white people jobs, housing or unfair treatment in the criminal justice system?

resister
12-01-2017, 10:05 PM
True. Those that magnify anecdotal racism against whites do a disservice to fighting racism.

Of course racism against whites exists, but it's not as impactful or as prevalent as some try to make us think.

Does racism against whites cost white people jobs, housing or unfair treatment in the criminal justice system?

Nice job trying to minimize it, I get it, if the racism is not as common, it is to be mocked. I would love to see your reaction if the UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER article was about blacks or Arabs!!!:shocked:

I known of several black owned business's that only employed blacks. I'm sure some racist blacks would (and have) denied housing to whites. (Not that the media would cover it).

resister
12-01-2017, 10:12 PM
A MOST INTERESTING READ.

Racism Against White People Exists By Codi Bott (https://thoughtcatalog.com/codi-bott/), July 17th 2014

Comment (https://thoughtcatalog.com/codi-bott/2014/07/racism-against-white-people-exists/#thought_catalog_comments)
Flag
http://tcat.tc/1r5OMYJ (http://tcat.tc/1r5OMYJ)

https://thoughtcatalog.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/shutterstock_376263.jpg?resize=776,1000&quality=95&strip=all&crop=1Shutterstock (http://www.shutterstock.com/gallery-5568p1.html)

Racism is a prevailing issue in the modern day world. But what many people fail to realize, or perhaps more accurately, fail to acknowledge, is that racism towards white people does in fact exist. Now I know that your first bigoted instinct is to immediately discredit me for being a spoiled little white girl, which is actually great, because it allows me to further prove a point. White people oftentimes aren’t allowed to have problems. Our “white privilege” prevents us from fully appreciating the suffering of others, and is to blame for our narrow-minded and superior attitudes. Pardon my french, but I think that’s bullshit.
Sure, I suppose you could call what I’m talking about “reverse racism,” but really any type of prejudice or discrimination towards any person based on their ethnicity or skin color is just blatant racism. Many people of color claim that white people are treated better than them, and I have no doubt that there are certain cases in which this is true. However, the opposite is just as correct. For instance, I recently read a post where the writer argued that when a person of color moves into a white neighborhood, they are instantly scrutinized, as their neighbors make snap judgments about their integrity. But if a white person were to relocate to a predominately black, or hispanic part of town, they would be looked at with just as much suspicion, and treated just as differently.
But the issue reaches far beyond mere perception, and extends into the realm of double standards. Take for example, the Miss USA pageant. The 2014 winner, Nia Sanchez, happened to be a Latina woman. After her crowning, the internet promptly exploded with messages of pride from the Latina community. Identical to the way in which the Indian population reacted when Nina Davuluri won Miss America 2014. The problem here is if you took some of these perfectly acceptable messages, and replaced either the words “Latina” or “Indian” with the word “white,” they somehow transform into unacceptable racism. For instance, where it is seen as representing your ethnicity to tweet “So happy a Latina woman won Miss USA this year!” It’s simply seen as bigoted to use the same platform to say “Wow, I’m so thankful a white woman took home the crown!”
Furthermore, a “Miss Black America” contest is held every single year in the United States. If a similar pageant was organized exclusively for white women, protestors would be crying out for justice and claiming that society was moving backwards. If you can celebrate your culture, why can’t I do the same?
While I understand that it is important for minorities to be represented, I think it may be time to take another look at who is really the minority. In a lot of places in the U.S., especially the southwest, white people are becoming the minority. However, it is still common practice to hand out scholarships to kids purely because their last name is Lopez or Martinez, or because they’re 1/5 Native American or African American. Meanwhile, students like me, who studiously worked all throughout high school for straight A’s are forced to take out thousands of dollars in loans just to attend college.
None of this is to take away from the struggles of immigrants in the past. And to finally address the elephant in the room- slavery. Is it okay to tell someone to “just get over it”? No. But is it okay to hold my race eternally accountable for something that our ancestors did in which we had no part in and find as equally repulsive as you? Definitely not.
I’m not saying that racism does not exist, and I’m not saying that people aren’t judged. But if it’s wrong for muslims to immediately be labeled as terrorists, or black people to looked at as thugs and criminals, it is just as wrong to assume that every white person believes that their skin color makes them superior to others and that their problems can’t possibly be as important as yours. The only way to truly eradicate racism, is for people of all races (white people included) to stop using their ethnicity as a crutch or an excuse, and work hard to make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in. https://s0.wp.com/wp-content/themes/vip/thoughtcatalog-2014/images/tc_mark.gif

Common Sense
12-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Nice job trying to minimize it, I get it, if the racism is not as common, it is to be mocked. I would love to see your reaction if the UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER article was about blacks or Arabs!!!:shocked:

I known of several black owned business's that only employed blacks. I'm sure some racist blacks would (and have) denied housing to whites. (Not that the media would cover it).
I'm only mocking and minimizing it because it is minimal and not comparable. Whites are the majority and the impact of our racism is actually significant on others while anecdotal examples of racism against whites has no actual impact. It's simply a diversionary tactic that appeals to those who feel they are victims.

Be outraged if you want...but it's not a reality. White people aren't oppressed in America and there is no war on Christmas.

resister
12-01-2017, 10:32 PM
I'm only mocking and minimizing it because it is minimal and not comparable. Whites are the majority and the impact of our racism is actually significant on others while anecdotal examples of racism against whites has no actual impact. It's simply a diversionary tactic that appeals to those who feel they are victims.

Be outraged if you want...but it's not a reality. White people aren't oppressed in America and there is no war on Christmas.
I see you did not read the post above yours, whites are a minority in certain areas. ANY racism is wrong.

As for your war on Christmas reference, how much did you pay the farmer for the straw?

Common Sense
12-01-2017, 10:43 PM
I see you did not read the post above yours, whites are a minority in certain areas. ANY racism is wrong.

As for your war on Christmas reference, how much did you pay the farmer for the straw?
I agree that any racism is wrong. My point is that racism that has actual consequences is far more damaging and that equating anecdotal racist events against whites is disingenuous.

I condemn all racism against anyone. It's always wrong...but a paper at a university doesn't effect anyone.

My comment about the war on Christmas isn't a strawman...it's a comparison to an equally silly argument. When people who aren't victims play the victim, I have a tendency to mock.

resister
12-01-2017, 10:45 PM
I agree that any racism is wrong. My point is that racism that has actual consequences is far more damaging and that equating anecdotal racist events against whites is disingenuous.

I condemn all racism against anyone. It's always wrong...but a paper at a university doesn't effect anyone.

My comment about the war on Christmas isn't a strawman...it's a comparison to an equally silly argument. When people who aren't victims play the victim, I have a tendency to mock.
Show me where I have played the victim? Not my fault if the OP has you triggered.

The Xl
12-02-2017, 03:20 PM
In general, no one as a race has it "hard" or "easy," as it's quite a bit more complicated then that. The system sets up certain perks and disadvantages to being a certain race, so if one finds themselves facing one of those disadvantages, they are oppressed, and if one doesn't they are not oppressed. For instance, a rich black man may supersede the general black plight of being harassed by police because he lives in a wealthy neighborhood, and he may actually be more privileged than a white person of a similar background because he may be spotted additional points in school or a job, etc. That's just one example, it can be applied to anyone of any race.

TL;DR, it's really about socioeconomics more than anything.

resister
12-02-2017, 03:24 PM
In general, no one as a race has it "hard" or "easy," as it's quite a bit more complicated then that. The system sets up certain perks and disadvantages to being a certain race, so if one finds themselves facing one of those disadvantages, they are oppressed, and if one doesn't they are not oppressed. For instance, a rich black man may supersede the general black plight of being harassed by police because he lives in a wealthy neighborhood, and he may actually be more privileged than a white person of a similar background because he may be spotted additional points in school or a job, etc. That's just one example, it can be applied to anyone of any race.

TL;DR, it's really about socioeconomics more than anything.
I have said the last sentence also. The most respected color is green and can be folded in half.

Mister D
12-02-2017, 03:24 PM

No one is oppressed in America. Do you say the same things to outraged blacks? of course not.

Mister D
12-02-2017, 03:26 PM

No, you really don't. You bend over backwards to accommodate the paranoid delusions of non-whites, particularly blacks, but "mock" whites when they complain about racism directed toward them.

resister
12-02-2017, 03:31 PM
No, you really don't. You bend over backwards to accommodate the paranoid delusions of non-whites, particularly blacks, but "mock" whites when they complain about racism directed toward them.
OMG can you imagine if this University paper made blacks the subject? At the least, every media would of covered it and ruined the school, I can see the headline "such and such university is a bastion of hate speech and white supremacy" And then the riots and Antifa.

Mister D
12-02-2017, 03:34 PM
OMG can you imagine if this University paper made blacks the subject? At the least, every media would of covered it and ruined the school, I can see the headline "such and such university is a bastion of hate speech and white supremacy" And then the riots and Antifa.

And Common Sense would be bouncing off the walls.

resister
12-02-2017, 03:35 PM
And Common Sense would be bouncing off the walls.
For sure, and quite a few others here!