PDA

View Full Version : Investigate WMD claims before attacking Susan Rice

Cigar
12-03-2012, 09:59 AM
GOP Rep. to former Bush staffer

Rep. Tom Cole, a Republican from Oklahoma, says that if lawmakers are going to go after U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice over her initial public assessment of the September attack in Benghazi then maybe Congress should also look at how President George W. Bush pushed bad intelligence about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Dan Senor, who worked to spin the Iraq war for the Bush administration as the chief spokesman for the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA), told a Sunday panel on ABC that Rice deserved to be scrutinized because she was “front and center” as the voice of the Obama administration after the Benghazi attack.

“There is a legitimate concern that she was used five days after the fact to propagate a story that we should have known at the time was not the case,” Cole agreed, adding that there were also “serious questions about our own intelligence people.”

“We saw President Bush out front defending something wasn’t true too,” the Oklahoma Republican recalled. “Maybe we should ask those guys some questions too.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/12/02/gop-rep-to-former-bush-staffer-investigate-wmd-claims-before-attacking-susan-rice/

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 10:07 AM
I was privileged to watch on BBC World News TV (in Canada, not in the USA!), their investigative report (in the sterling Panorama series) titled, "The War Party", which delves into the run-up to the Iraq invasion. If you haven't seen this (and I'm betting you haven't if you live in America), then I have to believe that your apprehension of the whole business is deficient.

You can view the program, in five juicy parts, on You Tube, beginning at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cdhtxg8yE4

Will look forward to the no-doubt diverse feedback!

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Susan Rice is a Regime puppet who used a silly story to cover up a serious mistake by the regime prior to the election. She is not fit for public service. She is a used tissue. Toss her out.

patrickt
12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Covering up for President Obama watching helpless for seven hours while Americans are killed by terrorists and then referring to the incident as a "bump in the road" has nothing to do with WMD. Is Cigar dealing with early onset Alzheimers.

It is typical of liberals when faced with embarrassing incompetence to struggle to distract. Hey, what about Benedict Arnold? Hey, how about Sen. McCarthy? What about that damned missing link?

So, everyone is encouraged to watch an impartial BBC special and ignore what's happening today.

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Covering up for President Obama watching helpless for seven hours while Americans are killed by terrorists and then referring to the incident as a "bump in the road" has nothing to do with WMD. Is Cigar dealing with early onset Alzheimers.

It is typical of liberals when faced with embarrassing incompetence to struggle to distract. Hey, what about Benedict Arnold? Hey, how about Sen. McCarthy? What about that damned missing link?

So, everyone is encouraged to watch an impartial BBC special and ignore what's happening today.

Tunnel vision is a wonderful thing.

Cigar
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Susan Rice is a Regime puppet who used a silly story to cover up a serious mistake by the regime prior to the election. She is not fit for public service. She is a used tissue. Toss her out.

If you have evidence of a Coverup ... maybe you should call the FBI

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
just like they keep pretending Fast and furious was some real scandal they will keep this ruse up.

They dont want a black women in the postion for their usual reasons

Mister D
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM

So are red herrings, apparently. :smiley:

respectfulguest
12-03-2012, 12:14 PM
just like they keep pretending Fast and furious was some real scandal they will keep this ruse up.

comical when comparing Benghazi to Iraq the race/gender card is invoked.., "They dont want a black women in the postion for their usual reasons" when the main individual from the Bush Admin being scrutinized in the faulty comparison is Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice.. who is ironically one of those "black women" they don't want in the position for their usual reasons.

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
they like the ones they consider "one of the good ones".

Mister D
12-03-2012, 12:16 PM
they like the ones they consider "one of the good ones".

What makes Rice a good one? You don't know when to shut up, do you? :grin:

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
So are red herrings, apparently. :smiley:

I hardly call examination of the larger phenomenon, for enhanced perspective, a "red herring". You are at liberty, of course, not to watch the program(me). Could be too scary! :>)

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
have you never heard that phrase before?

really?

Mister D
12-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I hardly call examination of the larger phenomenon, for enhanced perspective, a "red herring". You are at liberty, of course, not to watch the program(me). Could be too scary! :>)

Could be off topic! But hey...if such fallacies are your thing by all means encourage them. :undecided:

patrickt
12-03-2012, 12:24 PM

Not nearly as wonderful as being forced by circumstances to live in the past. I don't know that I would consider the BBC's documented biases to constitute tunnel vision. Bias, sure. Bigotry, sure. Propagandists, sure. But, tunnel vision would imply they're helpless and not culpable.

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 12:26 PM
why are you not answering the question I asked?

respectfulguest
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
have you never heard that phrase before?

really?

no please do explain..

you made the statement regarding the GOP that "They dont want a black women in the postion for their usual reasons" when the main person being criticized from the Bush Admin on Iraq/WMD in the faulty comparison to Benghazi is Condoleeza Rice who maintained the identical position Susan Rice seeks and happens to be black and female.

on the surface it looks as though Condoleeza Rice may be the right color/gender for you but perhaps from the wrong political party since "They" are just a bunch of bigots anyhow.

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 12:38 PM
they love a person of color who agrees to promote their racist claims

Mister D
12-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Are you calling Rice an Uncle Tom?

respectfulguest
12-03-2012, 12:41 PM

that about says it all.. nice.

Mister D
that about says it all.. nice.

Yes, it does.

truthmatters
now tell me why you think blacks vote democratic in such high numbers

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Could be off topic! But hey...if such fallacies are your thing by all means encourage them. :undecided:

When you mention "fallacies", I assume you base your appraisal on your own experiences in closed-door White House and Pentagon and AEI meetings of the time.

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
why will they never answer these question with a real inccident?

Mister D
12-03-2012, 12:53 PM
When you mention "fallacies", I assume you base your appraisal on your own experiences in closed-door White House and Pentagon and AEI meetings of the time.

No, I base my appraisal on what is or should be obvious: none of this in any way exculpates Rice or the Obama Administration. Do you find red herrings and half-assed tu toque, such as the OP, stimulating?

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
No, I base my appraisal on what is or should be obvious: none of this in any way exculpates Rice or the Obama Administration. Do you find red herrings and half-assed tu toque, such as the OP, stimulating?

I made no suggestion of exculpation (I'm not partisan). Do you burn books with red (like a herring) covers?

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
there is no case against Rice.

Its all bullshit

Mister D
12-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I made no suggestion of exculpation (I'm not partisan). Do you burn books with red (like a herring) covers?

The OP was created here for precisely that purpose. Get it now? :wink:

truthmatters
12-03-2012, 12:57 PM
what do law do you claim Rice broke?

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 01:15 PM

Fast and Furious was a scandal. The MSM covered it up for you and your ilk.

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
what do law do you claim Rice broke?

None.

She just lied to Americans for the regime to cover up a Regime failure prior to an election.

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
there is no case against Rice.

Its all bullshit

She should not be allowed to honorably serve America as our Sec State.

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
now tell me why you think blacks vote democratic in such high numbers

free stuff?

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 01:20 PM
The OP was created here for precisely that purpose. Get it now? :wink:

Sorry, just unconsciously showing my non-concern about Susan Rice here. (If there's been a good Rice in government in living memory, it has escaped my notice.)

Mister D
12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
free stuff?

Mister D
12-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Sorry, just unconsciously showing my non-concern about Susan Rice here. (If there's been a good Rice in government in living memory, it has escaped my notice.)

So was Cigar. There we are then. No worries, friend. :smiley:

Cigar
12-03-2012, 01:23 PM
free stuff?

Watching RePugs whine on internet forums is reward enough for me. :roflmao:

Cigar
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
She should not be allowed to honorably serve America as our Sec State.

It's going to fun watching Susan Rice get confirmed.

Peter1469
12-03-2012, 01:43 PM
It's going to fun watching Susan Rice get confirmed.

Fine. We have had none qualified Secs of State before.