PDA

View Full Version : Honey Boo Boo and the Decline of Western Civilization

patrickt
12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
I was browsing and saw a column from the premier propaganda site, Mediaite, that had the headline, "Honey Boo Boo is the Decline of Western Civilization". The article is by Andrew Kirrell but he is citing the even more elite Adam Levine who said, "Seriously, Honey Boo Boo is the decay of Western civilization. Just because so many people watch the show doesn’t mean it’s good. So many people witness atrocities and can’t take their eyes away from them, but that doesn’t mean they’re good. That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That’s. Ever. Happened."

Seriously? Actually, not being connected to a television 24/7 like liberal elites I'm not real clear on who Honey Boo Boo might be but I do know who President Obama is and I can assure you that if western civilization is threatened it isn't Honey Boo Boo who is responsible.

What really caught my eye was the first word in the article. Now, I realize liberals are the elites we're all supposed to follow blindly but the first word in Mr. Kirrell's column is "welp". Unfortunately, "welp" isn't a word. Do liberal propaganda sites feel so dominant that they don't need spell checkers? If they misspell a word they expect their error to become the proper spelling? I assume the word Mr. Kirrell wanted was "whelp" but since he's a liberal elite writing for a premier propaganda site I'm sure I'm wrong.

So, apologies are due to Honey Boo Boo, whoever the hell she might be. Wait! Could Honey Boo Boo be the Secret Service code name for Barbra Streisand?

corrocamino
12-03-2012, 12:34 PM
What a waste of time it is (for anyone) to surf the ocean of WWW political bullshit. I wish instead you would go up to Monte Alba and send us some pictures! (Don't get kidnapped!) :>)

Cigar
12-03-2012, 12:45 PM
What a waste of time it is (for anyone) to surf the ocean of WWW political bullshit. I wish instead you would go up to Monte Alba and send us some pictures! (Don't get kidnapped!) :>)

I bet it's his favorite show.

patrickt
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
What a waste of time it is for someone to try and be witty when they don't know what they're talking about. I have photos of Monte Alban and Mitla and Yagul. I have photos of a few other, smaller, sites. I visit the various sites three or four times a year. As for your comment about kidnapping, that was simply ignorant. Nevertheless, I hope you don't get beaten by a mob for walking in the wrong neighborhood or pulled out of your car and beaten regardless of neighborhood.

Kabuki Joe
12-04-2012, 09:23 AM
I was browsing and saw a column from the premier propaganda site, Mediaite, that had the headline, "Honey Boo Boo is the Decline of Western Civilization". The article is by Andrew Kirrell but he is citing the even more elite Adam Levine who said, "Seriously, Honey Boo Boo is the decay of Western civilization. Just because so many people watch the show doesn’t mean it’s good. So many people witness atrocities and can’t take their eyes away from them, but that doesn’t mean they’re good. That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That’s. Ever. Happened."

Seriously? Actually, not being connected to a television 24/7 like liberal elites I'm not real clear on who Honey Boo Boo might be but I do know who President Obama is and I can assure you that if western civilization is threatened it isn't Honey Boo Boo who is responsible.

What really caught my eye was the first word in the article. Now, I realize liberals are the elites we're all supposed to follow blindly but the first word in Mr. Kirrell's column is "welp". Unfortunately, "welp" isn't a word. Do liberal propaganda sites feel so dominant that they don't need spell checkers? If they misspell a word they expect their error to become the proper spelling? I assume the word Mr. Kirrell wanted was "whelp" but since he's a liberal elite writing for a premier propaganda site I'm sure I'm wrong.

So, apologies are due to Honey Boo Boo, whoever the hell she might be. Wait! Could Honey Boo Boo be the Secret Service code name for Barbra Streisand?

...the show is so bad, unbelieveably bad, and even worse then that...it takes people that are trailer trash and puts them right in the public eye...it's bad and my daughter loves it...but my daughter watches everything on tv that is garbage and that's the issue here, why?...why does someone watch garbage?...I guess because it's entertaining...I can't watch it...

Kabuki Joe

patrickt
12-04-2012, 01:09 PM
...the show is so bad, unbelieveably bad, and even worse then that...it takes people that are trailer trash and puts them right in the public eye...it's bad and my daughter loves it...but my daughter watches everything on tv that is garbage and that's the issue here, why?...why does someone watch garbage?...I guess because it's entertaining...I can't watch it...
Kabuki Joe
Wow, that puts Honey Boo Boo ahead of Chris Mathews, Ed Schultz, Al Sharpton, and the Obama Family as something worth watching.

exotix
12-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow, that puts Honey Boo Boo ahead of Chris Mathews, Ed Schultz, Al Sharpton, and the Obama Family as something worth watching.

Should be right-up your alley then ... the Honey Boo Boo's are baptist christian conservatives with a zeal for toddlers & tiaras ... where the show is mostly filmed in and around the family's hometown in rural McIntyre, Georgia (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/McIntyre,_Georgia) ... a town in Middle Georgia (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Central_Georgia) east of Macon (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Macon,_Georgia).

... can hardly be considered liberal elitism ... unless to laugh at hillbilly rednecks as the dominant conservative base ...

http://i48.tinypic.com/vf4hf.jpg