PDA

View Full Version : Another abuser bites the dust

Common
12-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Dem Kihuen was told he should resign by Nancy Pelosi

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called for yet another one of her Democratic colleagues to resign after allegations of sexual harassment surfaced Friday against Rep. Ruben Kihuen.
The first-term Nevada Democrat had been considered a young rising star within his party. But his rise appeared to have been derailed by a report in BuzzFeed that he repeatedly made advances toward a campaign staffer and touched her thigh without her consent.
“In Congress, no one should face sexual harassment in order to work in an office or in a campaign. The young woman’s documented account is convincing, and I commend her for the courage it took to come forward,” Mrs. Pelosi said in a statement.
“In light of these upsetting allegations, Congressman Kihuen should resign,” she said.
It’s the second time in 48 hours that Mrs. Pelosi told one of her own members to leave Congress.
On Thursday, just days after defending Rep. John Conyers Jr., Mrs. Pelosi reversed herself and said she now believed his accusers and he should resign.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/2/pelosi-tells-second-democrat-quit-amid-sexual-hara/

Peter1469
12-02-2017, 09:08 AM
I wonder how many of the older Congress-critters are going to elect to not run for reelection now that sexual harassment is frowned upon. The culture on the Hill has been highly sexualized for decades.

resister
12-02-2017, 09:13 AM
Wait, cant she just take 25,000$ and shut her yap?

Common
12-02-2017, 09:22 AM
I wonder how many of the older Congress-critters are going to elect to not run for reelection now that sexual harassment is frowned upon. The culture on the Hill has been highly sexualized for decades.
Im thinking a few for sure, Id like to see how many former congress people have paid out of the fund, Im thinking theres big names on both sides

resister
12-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Im thinking a few for sure, Id like to see how many former congress people have paid out of the fund, Im thinking theres big names on both sides
Americans deserve to see a full list, former and​ current.

Common
12-02-2017, 11:46 AM
The lady democrat is doing her best to force the issue to make the list public

donttread
12-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Dem Kihuen was told he should resign by Nancy Pelosi

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called for yet another one of her Democratic colleagues to resign after allegations of sexual harassment surfaced Friday against Rep. Ruben Kihuen.
The first-term Nevada Democrat had been considered a young rising star within his party. But his rise appeared to have been derailed by a report in BuzzFeed that he repeatedly made advances toward a campaign staffer and touched her thigh without her consent.
“In Congress, no one should face sexual harassment in order to work in an office or in a campaign. The young woman’s documented account is convincing, and I commend her for the courage it took to come forward,” Mrs. Pelosi said in a statement.
“In light of these upsetting allegations, Congressman Kihuen should resign,” she said.
It’s the second time in 48 hours that Mrs. Pelosi told one of her own members to leave Congress.
On Thursday, just days after defending Rep. John Conyers Jr., Mrs. Pelosi reversed herself and said she now believed his accusers and he should resign.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/2/pelosi-tells-second-democrat-quit-amid-sexual-hara/

"Made advaces and touched her thigh?" Wow how many yeears of therapy will she need to overcome the horror? LOL Good grief . Also for an ex-cop you seem to consider accusations to automatically= guilt.

Green Arrow
12-02-2017, 05:50 PM

So far we only know one for sure - Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-TX27). Hopefully we get the full list soon.

Common
12-02-2017, 05:57 PM
"Made advaces and touched her thigh?" Wow how many yeears of therapy will she need to overcome the horror? LOL Good grief . Also for an ex-cop you seem to consider accusations to automatically= guilt.
Dontread what I do is post the news articles, when I make a comment thats my opinion, when I post an article and make no comment that means Im leaving it to others to discuss before I decide

Common
12-02-2017, 05:58 PM
So far we only know one for sure - Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-TX27). Hopefully we get the full list soon.
Isnt it incredible the taxpayers have been paying for politicians to commit felonies

Green Arrow
12-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Isnt it incredible the taxpayers have been paying for politicians to commit felonies

IMO - the list needs to be released today and then every member on that list needs to resign.

Ethereal
12-02-2017, 06:09 PM
How many politicians throughout history must be exposed as insane, murderous, perverted, etc. before people stop tolerating their position within society?

Mini Me
12-02-2017, 06:56 PM
I think this HYSTERIA has gone BAT SHIT CRAZY!

Whatever happened to the "touchy-feely" values of the Hippie generation? Is a hug permitted anymore?

This is crazy!

Grokmaster
12-02-2017, 07:16 PM
We need a scorecard....

Peter1469
12-03-2017, 02:14 AM
I think this HYSTERIA has gone BAT SHIT CRAZY!

Whatever happened to the "touchy-feely" values of the Hippie generation? Is a hug permitted anymore?

This is crazy!
Your team isn't as tolerant as they claim.

donttread
12-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Dontread what I do is post the news articles, when I make a comment thats my opinion, when I post an article and make no comment that means Im leaving it to others to discuss before I decide

OK, well your opinion appears to assume guilt from accusation .

Agent Cooper
12-03-2017, 08:47 AM
touched her thigh without her consent.

That's about the dumbest thing I've read. If touching someone's thigh is harassment or whatever, we're all in trouble. That's just plain stupid

donttread
12-03-2017, 10:08 AM

None of the aides use sex to agvance though right?

Common
12-03-2017, 10:12 AM
OK, well your opinion appears to assume guilt from accusation .

I didnt accuse anyone :)

Peter1469
12-03-2017, 10:28 AM
None of the aides use sex to agvance though right?

What are you trying to say?