PDA

View Full Version : tPF Trump Staffer Admits Russia Threw Election to Trump

Agent Zero
12-02-2017, 07:04 PM
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/trump-staffer-admitted-in-email-russia-has-just-thrown-the-usa-election-to-trump/

Deputy national security adviser — and former Fox News personality — K. T. McFarland emailed a friend during the presidential transition to say that Russian interference “threw” the results of the 2016 election to now-President Donald Trump.

According to The Hill (https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362951-trump-transition-official-in-email-russia-has-just-thrown-the-usa), McFarland was complaining about Russian sanctions (https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/29/us/politics/russia-election-hacking-sanctions.html) imposed by then-President Barack Obama in retaliation for efforts to meddle in the 2016 election.
The sanctions, McFarland wrote, will make it more difficult for Trump to establish good relations with Russia, “which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him.”
The revelation came from a New York Times report (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html) about documents obtained by special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Mister D
12-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I guess he would know. lol

Cletus
12-02-2017, 07:08 PM
How many votes did Russia cast, Zero?

Give us a number.

Mister D
12-02-2017, 07:10 PM
How many votes did Russia cast, Zero?

Give us a number.
But don't you see? This is the smoking gun! lol

resister
12-02-2017, 07:12 PM
The sanctions, McFarland wrote, will make it more difficult for Trump to establish good relations with Russia, “which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him

How has the above^ Thrown the election to Trump? And if so (by some strange logic) who is responsible for those sanctions?

Crepitus
12-02-2017, 07:14 PM
But don't you see? This is the smoking gun! lol

No, but it is another drop in the ongoing drip drip drip of evidence.

Mister D
12-02-2017, 07:16 PM
No, but it is another drop in the ongoing drip drip drip of evidence.
Pssst, Kansas...that's not evidence but that you think it is helps explain why you continue to cling to this non-story.

@Mister D TB'ed at request of OP.

resister
12-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Pssst, Kansas...that's not evidence but that you think it is helps explain why you continue to cling to this non-story.
I would have made this a TPF thread too, that way he does not get laughed at, trying to defend this non-story.

Ravens Fan
12-02-2017, 07:24 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html

If you read the whole story from the NYT (who are credited in the OP link), it appears when put into what I can only assume is the real context, she was mocking the left. Of course the article also tries to present speculation as fact on why Comey was fired, and it is the NYT, so who knows how much spin is being employed.

Mr. Bossert forwarded Ms. McFarland’s Dec. 29 email exchange about the sanctions to six other Trump advisers, including Mr. Flynn; Reince Priebus, who had been named as chief of staff; Stephen K. Bannon, the senior strategist; and Sean Spicer, who would become the press secretary.

Mr. Obama, she wrote, was trying to “box Trump in diplomatically with Russia,” which could limit his options with other countries, including Iran and Syria. “Russia is key that unlocks door,” she wrote.

She also wrote that the sanctions over Russian election meddling were intended to “lure Trump in trap of saying something” in defense of Russia, and were aimed at “discrediting Trump’s victory by saying it was due to Russian interference.”

“If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” she wrote.

resister
12-02-2017, 07:36 PM

If you read the whole story from the NYT (who are credited in the OP link), it appears when put into what I can only assume is the real context, she was mocking the left. Of course the article also tries to present speculation as fact on why Comey was fired, and it is the NYT, so who knows how much spin is being employed.
Narrative spinning and seed planting, anything to build on yesterdays, nothing burger.

Mister D
12-02-2017, 07:38 PM
lol Good Lord if I posted the OP I'd ask to have it deleted. How embarrassing.

resister
12-02-2017, 07:40 PM
lol Good Lord if I posted the OP I'd ask to have it deleted. How embarrassing.
The whole damn thing, contradicts it self, I would ask Zero to explain why it does not, but he wont. Wise move to make it TPF.

@resister TB'ed at the request of the OP.

Mister D
12-02-2017, 07:45 PM
The whole damn thing, contradicts it self, I would ask Zero to explain why it does not, but he wont. Wise move to make it TPF.

We're a headline nation. That many of us don;t make it passed the first few sentences of an article makes the job of "fake news" purveyors easy.

hanger4
12-02-2017, 07:52 PM
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/trump-staffer-admitted-in-email-russia-has-just-thrown-the-usa-election-to-trump/Good ol rawstory left this part out from the NYT's story; .......... "It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown." and rawstory lied in their headline. ........ So what else is new.

barb012
12-02-2017, 10:11 PM
Rational people understand why it is important to have good relations with Russia.

Cletus
12-02-2017, 10:33 PM
I would have made this a TPF thread too, that way he does not get laughed at, trying to defend this non-story.

Rule 10. Threads marked tPF allow the thread creator to thread ban members for what they feel are violations of any of the above listed forum rules, and only for those reasons.

Zero, what rule did Mister D violate? I ask because I want to make certain I don't accidentally violate the same rule. There must have been an actual rule violation of the wouldn't have been Thread Banned.

What was it? I am sure everyone would like to know, again, just to avoid making the same mistake.

Cletus
12-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Rule 10. Threads marked tPF allow the thread creator to thread ban members for what they feel are violations of any of the above listed forum rules, and only for those reasons.

Zero, what rule did Resister violate? I ask because I want to make certain I don't accidentally violate the same rule. There must have been an actual rule violation of the wouldn't have been Thread Banned.
What was it? I am sure everyone would like to know, again, just to avoid making the same mistake.

Crepitus
12-02-2017, 11:26 PM

Agent Zero
12-02-2017, 11:40 PM

Your interpretation of the words makes no difference.

Good ol rawstory left this part out from the NYT's story; .......... "It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown." and rawstory lied in their headline. ........ So what else is new.
As does yours. While the NYT might speculate on the intent of her words, they are there for all to see. And left out the remainder...

.A White House lawyer said on Friday that she meant only that the Democrats were portraying it that way

Peter1469
12-02-2017, 11:52 PM

Figures, a troll thread.

hanger4
12-02-2017, 11:55 PM
Your interpretation of the words makes no difference.As does yours. While the NYT might speculate on the intent of her words, they are there for all to see. And left out the remainder...The RawStory headline is a lie Agent Zero; .... "Trump Staffer Admits Russia Threw Election to Trump". ........ She did no such thing and the NYT's comfirms. Reading comprehension is your friend, RawStory is not.

Peter1469
12-02-2017, 11:56 PM
The RawStory headline is a lie Agent Zero; .... "Trump Staffer Admits Russia Threw Election to Trump". ........ She did no such thing and the NYT's comfirms. Reading comprehension is your friend, RawStory is not.

lol

Ravens Fan
12-03-2017, 12:04 AM
Your interpretation of the words makes no difference.

But the context of her words does.

As does yours. While the NYT might speculate on the intent of her words, they are there for all to see. And left out the remainder...

I'd like to see the whole e-mail.

Hal Jordan
12-03-2017, 11:29 AM

Zero, what rule did Mister D violate? I ask because I want to make certain I don't accidentally violate the same rule. There must have been an actual rule violation of the wouldn't have been Thread Banned.

Threadbanned at request of OP. Please direct any questions to OP via PM.

Hal Jordan
12-03-2017, 11:30 AM

@Crepitus Reinstated at request of the OP.

Bethere
12-03-2017, 01:57 PM
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/trump-staffer-admitted-in-email-russia-has-just-thrown-the-usa-election-to-trump/

I can't wait to see the email.

Agent Zero
12-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Figures, a troll thread.

Not at all. The phrase is attributed to her. Opinions about context are merely opinions.

Agent Zero
12-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Perhaps you can inform them their bans were based on Rule 11 per my report

nic34
12-03-2017, 06:15 PM
The RawStory headline is a lie Agent Zero; .... "Trump Staffer Admits Russia Threw Election to Trump". ........ She did no such thing and the NYT's comfirms. Reading comprehension is your friend, RawStory is not.

But she was a FAUX news "personality" OMG!

Peter1469
12-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Not at all. The phrase is attributed to her. Opinions about context are merely opinions.

The use of her comments out of context is essentially a bald face lie.

hanger4
12-03-2017, 06:39 PM
But she was a FAUX news "personality" OMG!Irrelevant

Agent Zero
12-03-2017, 08:20 PM
The use of her comments out of context is essentially a bald face lie.
Isn’t it funny how you conservatives demand the literal interpretation of other’s statements all of a sudden forget those demands and defer to figurative interpretation when you fail?

Peter1469
12-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Isn’t it funny how you conservatives demand the literal interpretation of other’s statements all of a sudden forget those demands and defer to figurative interpretation when you fail?
You don't make any sense.

You cut and pasted part of a statement in order to make it look totally different that it was.

And you had the nerve to abuse the tPF designation to do it. Your thread is a total and complete lie. This thread ought to be in Rants.

hanger4
12-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Isn’t it funny how you conservatives demand the literal interpretation of other’s statements all of a sudden forget those demands and defer to figurative interpretation when you fail?Actually the real funny part is, you Agent Zero ignoring what the original story (NYT's) said; ........ "It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown." ......... which RawStory conveniently left out to sell their lie to their readership. ........ A little advice, you might want to UPgrade at least one of your sources.

Agent Zero
12-03-2017, 09:30 PM
The email

http://i.imgur.com/xTuS7vj.jpg

Agent Zero
12-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Actually the real funny part is, you Agent Zero ignoring what the original story (NYT's) said; ........ "It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown." ......... which RawStory conveniently left out to sell their lie to their readership. ........ A little advice, you might want to UPgrade at least one of your sources.

The email

There’s your context. Source upgraded

Adelaide
12-03-2017, 09:33 PM
You don't make any sense.

You cut and pasted part of a statement in order to make it look totally different that it was.

And you had the nerve to abuse the tPF designation to do it. Your thread is a total and complete lie. This thread ought to be in Rants.

Thread banned by OP.

hanger4
12-03-2017, 09:57 PM
There’s your context. Source upgradedYup, appears the NYT's was right, "It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown." and Rawstory lied. Thanks Agent Zero.

Agent Zero
12-03-2017, 10:10 PM
Yup, appears the NYT's was right, "It is not clear whether Ms. McFarland was saying she believed that the election had in fact been thrown." and Rawstory lied. Thanks Agent Zero.
What part of “which has just” do you not understand?

hanger4
12-03-2017, 10:33 PM
What part of “which has just” do you not understand?Which part of, "It is not clear" don't you understand ??

Agent Zero
12-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Which part of, "It is not clear" don't you understand ??
I don’t see that phrase anywhere in McFarlands post. Your insistence on repeating it is getting close to both baiting and bad faith posting. If you have nothing else to contribute to the thread you should just admit to being wrong and move on...

hanger4
12-03-2017, 10:56 PM
I don’t see that phrase anywhere in McFarlands post. Your insistence on repeating it is getting close to both baiting and bad faith posting. If you have nothing else to contribute to the thread you should just admit to being wrong and move on...You know where it came from, don't be obtuse. As far as your " baiting and bad faith posting" comment you're clueless.

Ravens Fan
12-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Perhaps you can inform them their bans were based on Rule 11 per my report
@Agent Zero As the OP in a tPF thread, it is on you to explain why you requested a TB. That is why every OP requested TB we issue in a tPF thread, says to direct any questions to the OP via PM.

Ravens Fan
12-03-2017, 11:11 PM
The email

Link?

Agent Zero
12-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Link?
@nytimesmike

Ravens Fan
12-04-2017, 12:00 AM
@nytimesmike
When I go onto Twitter and search for @nytimesmike I get sent to a page with 4 tweets that mention him. His name does not have any hyperlink, unlike any other @name on Twitter, and the email in question is nowhere to be found.

I really do want to see the whole E-Mail, in it's entirety, so that I know for myself what the context was, rather than what the NYT says it is.

Hal Jordan
12-04-2017, 12:49 AM
When I go onto Twitter and search for @nytimesmike I get sent to a page with 4 tweets that mention him. His name does not have any hyperlink, unlike any other @name on Twitter, and the email in question is nowhere to be found.

I really do want to see the whole E-Mail, in it's entirety, so that I know for myself what the context was, rather than what the NYT says it is.

I would like to see it too. Context is always key.