PDA

View Full Version : Bureaucrats Snuff Jobs

Taxcutter
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Even if you have a job that makes it worth your while to work rather than suck up welfare, the Hussein Obama junta can kill that job with the stroke of an unelected bureaucrat’s pen.

http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/U-S-evicting-Point-Reyes-oyster-farmer-4077624.php#page-2

Enviro-wackos can ignore even the protestations of Democrat poobahs.

But you can get your free partial birth abortion.

Professor Peabody
12-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Even if you have a job that makes it worth your while to work rather than suck up welfare, the Hussein Obama junta can kill that job with the stroke of an unelected bureaucrat’s pen.

http://www.sfgate.com/science/article/U-S-evicting-Point-Reyes-oyster-farmer-4077624.php#page-2

Enviro-wackos can ignore even the protestations of Democrat poobahs.

But you can get your free partial birth abortion.

I guess Nancy Pelosi can just pay double for her oysters.

Chloe
12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
It's not that unreasonable of an action in my opinion. The lease was up, it was on federal land, and the park service wants to make sure that the area is protected moving forward and so the company has to leave. If I had to choose between an oyster farm or creating a protected marine environment area I'd choose the protected area as well.

Peter1469
12-04-2012, 05:34 PM
You are getting holes in your jeans....

Chloe
12-04-2012, 05:40 PM
You are getting holes in your jeans....

President Obama will give me some new ones soon

Peter1469
12-04-2012, 05:42 PM
I bet! :grin:

Chloe
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
It's not that unreasonable of an action in my opinion. The lease was up, it was on federal land, and the park service wants to make sure that the area is protected moving forward and so the company has to leave. If I had to choose between an oyster farm or creating a protected marine environment area I'd choose the protected area as well.

Also I understand that some jobs may be temporarily lost and that the business has been there for a long time, but we have to think about what is best for that estuary, and if it is federal land and if the lease is over then now is the best time to protect that area.

Mainecoons
12-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't see any indication that this company was doing anything bad for that estuary. And it was providing good jobs for people.

Chloe, with this kind of "preserve at any cost" you are killing your own future.

Chloe
12-04-2012, 08:13 PM
I don't see any indication that this company was doing anything bad for that estuary. And it was providing good jobs for people.

Chloe, with this kind of "preserve at any cost" you are killing your own future.

They may not have been doing anything bad to it but by protecting it as a preserve it ensures that nothing bad will ever happen. I don't want those people to be homeless or anything like that but their lease was up and so the government made the decision that they felt was best for the area. The parks service promised then assistance as well.

Peter1469
12-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Those jeans are really annoying. Do you want me to mail you some with no holes in them?

Chloe
12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Those jeans are really annoying. Do you want me to mail you some with no holes in them?

Would you like for me to change my picture?

GrassrootsConservative
12-04-2012, 08:39 PM

What is it?

Peter1469
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM

No. Just messing with you. :wink:

Chloe
12-04-2012, 09:12 PM

K, because I wasn't going to change it anyway:grin:

Chloe
12-04-2012, 09:21 PM

What is your opinion on this topic if I may ask? I'm probably in a small minority I would imagine

Peter1469
12-04-2012, 09:25 PM
What is your opinion on this topic if I may ask? I'm probably in a small minority I would imagine

So far as I know oyster beds are good for the water / environment. They filter it. Responsible harvesting of the oyster bed should be a good thing.

Chloe
12-04-2012, 09:46 PM
So far as I know oyster beds are good for the water / environment. They filter it. Responsible harvesting of the oyster bed should be a good thing.

I guess I see any form of protection as better than no protection. I am not cheering that these people are losing their business in that location but I can't help but feel that it's the best thing for that ecosystem, and many others, to be a protected area