PDA

View Full Version : *trump administration* considers proposal for American gestapo

Crepitus
12-06-2017, 09:20 AM
THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering a set of proposals developed by Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a retired CIA officer — with assistance from Oliver North, a key figure in the Iran-Contra scandal — to provide CIA Director Mike Pompeo and the White House with a global, private spy network that would circumvent official U.S. intelligence agencies, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials and others familiar with the proposals. The sources say the plans have been pitched to the White House as a means of countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Donald Trump’s presidency. (https://theintercept.com/2017/12/04/trump-white-house-weighing-plans-for-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/)

I suspect it would be used much as the German version was, to root out political opponents and justify agendas.

DGUtley
12-06-2017, 09:21 AM
I suspect it would be used much as the German version was, to root out political opponents and justify agendas.

C'mon, really?

Crepitus
12-06-2017, 09:23 AM
C'mon, really?

Can you think of another reason?

If so I'd love to hear it.

DGUtley
12-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Can you think of another reason? If so I'd love to hear it.

1. If it's private, then how is any different than all the different apparatus that the Ds use to dig up and character assassinate people against their agenda?
2. If it's government, congress controls spending.
3. You really don't think that The Donald needs someone to fight back against the deep state (or whatever you want to call the internal resistance)? I understand that you vehemently loathe him, but even you would acknowledge his right to defend himself?

resister
12-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Would it be to much to ask for a link so we can read the ENTIRE context?

What will they call it, the IRS?

Tahuyaman
12-06-2017, 11:47 AM
This type of partisan motivated translation is how people lose credibility and become viewed as a joke.

Hoosier8
12-06-2017, 11:52 AM

You mean like Obama's use of the intelligence services?

Don
12-06-2017, 11:57 AM
And the FBI.

stjames1_53
12-06-2017, 12:08 PM
You mean like Obama's use of the intelligence services?

and the IRS

Don
12-06-2017, 01:08 PM
And the "Justice" department.
And the ATF.
And the DEA.
And.....................................

MisterVeritis
12-06-2017, 02:17 PM
What we need to do is decapitate the FBI, CIA, NSA, State, and all of the other agencies. There are nearly 500 agencies. We need to start closing them and returning to a Constitutionally limited Federal government.

Tahuyaman
12-06-2017, 04:08 PM
What we need to do is decapitate the FBI, CIA, NSA, State, and all of the other agencies. There are nearly 500 agencies. We need to start closing them and returning to a Constitutionally limited Federal government.

I agree that there are way too many federal agencies which have overlapping responsibilities and this causes them to compete with each other. Most can be shut down with no negative impact upon our national security. It might improve national security as one agency wouldn't be hiding it from the other to increase their relevance.

Safety
12-06-2017, 04:13 PM

Transpose Donald with Barack, and you will see a vastly different response in this thread. Several would be advocating for marching to the white house and having a public hanging because the usurper was becoming a dictator.

But, because Trump, it's ok, even after the fiasco with the Patriot Act that their previous messiah enacted that they had zero problem with...until Obama got into office.

Standing Wolf
12-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Would it be to much to ask for a link so we can read the ENTIRE context?

Click on the quoted text. The entire thing is a hyperlink.

Standing Wolf
12-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Oh, good, I see Oliver North is involved. HE'S trustworthy.

resister
12-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Transpose Donald with Barack, and you will see a vastly different response in this thread. Several would be advocating for marching to the white house and having a public hanging because the usurper was becoming a dictator.

But, because Trump, it's ok, even after the fiasco with the Patriot Act that their previous messiah enacted that they had zero problem with...until Obama got into office.
At the time, I hated Bush for passing it, it plunged us into a police state, even deeper. Assumptions lead to erroneous conclusions, I did not care for Bush, I was deeply disappointed he was re- elected. I did not pay much attention at the time so I don't remember who the alternative was, but just not him, again.

Crepitus
12-06-2017, 05:03 PM

Heads would explode.

Safety
12-06-2017, 05:13 PM
At the time, I hated Bush for passing it, it plunged us into a police state, even deeper. Assumptions lead to erroneous conclusions, I did not care for Bush, I was deeply disappointed he was re- elected. I did not pay much attention at the time so I don't remember who the alternative was, but just not him, again.I like, so totally believe that...

resister
12-06-2017, 05:20 PM
I like, so totally believe that...
Don't really care. I see you don't like any ideas that challenge you preconceived, broad generalizations.

stjames1_53
12-06-2017, 05:29 PM

I was vehemently oppose to the Patriot Act and the establishment of der Homeland Security Department. Too much authority in either one.

MisterVeritis
12-06-2017, 05:31 PM

If this is true President Trump will not be the first President who put his own intelligence gathering system in place.

MisterVeritis
12-06-2017, 05:32 PM

It is a way to avoid the coup plotters.

"Maguire told donors that Obama administration holdovers were withholding information from President Trump, and H.R. McMaster – a protégé of former CIA director David Petraeus – authorized a spying operation on members of the Trump family as well as Steve Bannon, and then sent the gathered intel to an international facility owned by George Soros."

https://www.infowars.com/retired-cia-agent-claims-h-r-mcmaster-approved-nsa-spy-job-on-trump-family/

donttread
12-09-2017, 12:56 PM

Some things should not be out sources. Troops, "military support services" and spying are among those things