PDA

View Full Version : Some Suggestions...

bladimz
12-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Some sound suggestions (http://wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/201212020066) for the GOP, if they do care about their future as a viable political party:

Joseph Wyatt: Suggestions for the GOP

The GOP took a beating. Evidence: Obama is the first Democratic President since Franklin Roosevelt to twice win both the Electoral College and popular votes. Dems gained seats in the Senate and closed ground in the House. Neither Romney nor Ryan carried his home state.

If we are fortunate, the GOP will regain its footing. Toward that end, my research department has developed suggestions for the Republican Party:

1. Accept the findings of science. Evolution, global climate change, usefulness of stem cell research and the HPV vaccination -- these are facts. Non-science is nonsense.

2. Respect women. GOP candidates told us that women must be required to have medically unnecessary vaginal probes, that rape victims can't get pregnant and when rape results in pregnancy, God's will has been done. Women were listening.

3. Tell the truth. Mitt Romney told us that Obama removed the work requirement from welfare, that Jeep was sending "all production" to China, and that his budget had no $5 trillion cut. Worse, Romney persisted in these and other dishonest statements, well after they had been revealed to be wrong.

4. Accept that government is necessary and does a number of things more effectively than could the private sector. The country is too large to be governed solely by independent states. Related to that, the GOP should dump Grover Norquist. His "no tax increase" pledge is unworkable. Anyone who signs it is unfit to govern.

http://wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/201212020066
The commentary goes on with quite a few more suggestions, and most of them are pretty sensible and realistic.

Come on, Republicans. You can either make the suggested modifications or go the way of the Edsel.

patrickt
12-03-2012, 07:06 PM
By the time I got to number three I was laughing so hard I was glad I wasn't drinking coffee. A commentary of lies with number three suggestion being to tell the truth. Doctor, heal thyself. The whole thing is a string of lies but I suppose Blad knew that and simply didn't care. They're lies he likes.

GrassrootsConservative
12-03-2012, 07:14 PM
1. Accept the findings of science. Evolution, global climate change, usefulness of stem cell research and the HPV vaccination -- these are facts. Non-science is nonsense.

This list must be for Dumbocrats. Just this right here. Hey morons, wanna know something crazy? Fetuses are alive. Dumbocrats are the murderers of innocent, unborn babies who have done nothing wrong, and SCIENCE has shown that they can yawn, burp, hiccup, even stretch.

Al Gore's movie about "global climate change" had more than 400 factual errors in it.

How about this whole bullshit about your regulations and the genocide of sugary/fatty foods. News flash, ignoramus, we've been eating more sugary/fatty foods than ever before, you know what else? People live longer than ever before.

THESE ARE THE SCIENTIFIC FACTS YOU DENY DAY AFTER DAY. GET OVER IT. YOU ARE THE PARTY OF LIES.

Captain Obvious
12-03-2012, 07:26 PM
The GOP should stick to conservative values. Otherwise they become pseudo statists.

I have little doubt that their platform will change though and I agree with Peter's comment a while ago - the republic experiment is over.

Agravan
12-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Basically, he was sayng the GOP will only survive if they turn into Democrats.

GrassrootsConservative
12-03-2012, 08:02 PM

Dumbocrats ignore science and do everything else on this list AT LEAST twice as much as Republicans do.

bladimz
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
So far i see that the cons here are sufficiently fired up enough. This shows that they recognize that their party has serious issues that need to be addressed. This is evidenced by the use of terms like "Dumbocrats".

Patrickt immediately attacks, calling them lies. These are a list of suggestions. Lies and suggestions are different things. I suppose that the GOP is just fine as is, and doesn't need any review. The most important thing is to deny the need. Maybe Grover will have everyone sign a pledge to leave the GOP intact as is.

(Grover Norquist... who the hell is this guy anyway? The Pied Piper of the Republican Party? Why does the entire caucus bend to his will? What does power he have over them? They need to disassociate themselves from this guy and, instead, sign a pledge to the United States of America!)

I too, agree that the Great Experiment is over, and have said so a number of times.

GrassrootsConservative
12-03-2012, 08:32 PM
<It's nice to see you are debating the points I have made instead of infesting the forum with more stupidity>

Adelaide
12-03-2012, 09:46 PM

No - but there are certain issues that Republicans have taken such a hard/ignorant line on that it's turned away moderates, members of specific demographics, and so on. If the GOP took a different approach to those handful of topics, they would be in a much better position to get votes and to get support. That doesn't make them Democrats as there are still so many things that the GOP wants that the Dems don't.

GrassrootsConservative
12-03-2012, 09:51 PM
No - but there are certain issues that Republicans have taken such a hard/ignorant line on that it's turned away moderates, members of specific demographics, and so on. If the GOP took a different approach to those handful of topics, they would be in a much better position to get votes and to get support. That doesn't make them Democrats as there are still so many things that the GOP wants that the Dems don't.

Like freedom of choice.

Chris
12-03-2012, 10:41 PM
It read to me, blad, like advice to Dem stereotypes of Reps.

Peter1469
12-04-2012, 07:22 AM
The OP illustrates just how successful the MSM campaign against the GOP was. I hope the DNC paid them well for their efforts.

Elections have consequences. I predict a currency collapse with these fools in charge.

patrickt
12-04-2012, 09:14 AM

That's what Barack Obama keeps offering except he requires far-left Democrats. That's the nitwit's definition of bipartisan.