PDA

View Full Version : The U.S. Media Yesterday Suffered its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses A

Peter1469
12-10-2017, 03:47 AM
The U.S. Media Yesterday Suffered its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses All Transparency Over What Happened (https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/the-u-s-media-yesterday-suffered-its-most-humiliating-debacle-in-ages-now-refuses-all-transparency-over-what-happened/)

Well, as I have said journalism is dead in the US. That is a general statement. Greenwald is a rare exception.

FRIDAY WAS ONE of the most embarrassing days for the U.S. media in quite a long time. The humiliation orgy was kicked off by CNN, with MSNBC and CBS close behind, with countless pundits, commentators and operatives joining the party throughout the day. By the end of the day, it was clear that several of the nation’s largest and most influential news outlets had spread an explosive but completely false news story to millions of people, while refusing to provide any explanation of how it happened.

The spectacle began on Friday morning at 11:00 am EST, when the Most Trusted Name in News™ spent 12 straight minutes on air flamboyantly hyping an exclusive bombshell report that seemed to prove that WikiLeaks, last September, had secretly offered the Trump campaign, even Donald Trump himself, special access to the DNC emails before they were published on the internet. As CNN sees the world, this would prove collusion between the Trump family and WikiLeaks and, more importantly, between Trump and Russia, since the U.S. intelligence community regards WikiLeaks as an “arm of Russian intelligence,” and therefore, so does the U.S. media.

This entire revelation was based on an email (https://twitter.com/ChuckRossDC/status/939214967210987520) which CNN strongly implied it had exclusively obtained and had in its possession. The email was sent by someone named “Michael J. Erickson” – someone nobody had heard of previously and whom CNN could not identify – to Donald Trump, Jr., offering a decryption key and access to DNC emails that WikiLeaks had “uploaded.” The email was a smoking gun, in CNN’s extremely excited mind, because it was dated September 4 – ten days before WikiLeaks began promoting access to those emails online – and thus proved that the Trump family was being offered special, unique access to the DNC archive: likely by WikiLeaks and the Kremlin.

It’s impossible to convey with words what a spectacularly devastating scoop CNN believed it had, so it’s necessary to watch it for yourself to see the tone of excitement, breathlessness and gravity the network conveyed as they clearly believed they were delivering a near-fatal blow to the Trump/Russia collusion story:

Read the entire article. Also videos at the link.

stjames1_53
12-10-2017, 05:39 AM
watch the reporter try to walk it back:
http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/08/watch-cnn-trot-out-reporter-who-published-fake-news-to-correct-his-own-fake-news/

Common
12-10-2017, 08:02 AM
The left wing news in its quest to destroy Donald Trump is destroying itself. It has no credibility and they are not to be believed about anything political.

Peter1469
12-10-2017, 10:47 AM
It is amazing that they so willingly abandon journalistic standards. I guess worshiping Obama for 8 years primed the pump.

gamewell45
12-10-2017, 11:00 AM
The U.S. Media Yesterday Suffered its Most Humiliating Debacle in Ages: Now Refuses All Transparency Over What Happened (https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/the-u-s-media-yesterday-suffered-its-most-humiliating-debacle-in-ages-now-refuses-all-transparency-over-what-happened/)

Well, as I have said journalism is dead in the US. That is a general statement. Greenwald is a rare exception.

If what CNN and other news outlets offered was false, then there is nothing to worry about; it'll be proved that no wrong doing was done and they'll look foolish and lose all credibility. Remember, the media has an absolute right to look foolish and lose all credibility if they so choose. It's protected under the first amendment.

Personally I take everything the right and left wing media puts out there with a grain of salt since I trust neither; I'll just wait for the true facts to come out and then make my decision on who was telling the truth. I've got better things in life to worry about instead of worrying about a memo or email.

donttread
12-13-2017, 02:00 PM

What's the old saying? Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see?

The Xl
12-13-2017, 02:51 PM
US media is a fraud

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 03:44 PM
It is amazing that they so willingly abandon journalistic standards. I guess worshiping Obama for 8 years primed the pump.

It now seems to be their standard to blame their source. Once upon a time the standads was that all information passed to them by one of their sources needed to verified by at least two other sources. I'm guessing that is no longer the standard they employ.

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 03:45 PM
If what CNN and other news outlets offered was false, then there is nothing to worry about; it'll be proved that no wrong doing was done and they'll look foolish and lose all credibility. Remember, the media has an absolute right to look foolish and lose all credibility if they so choose. It's protected under the first amendment.

Personally I take everything the right and left wing media puts out there with a grain of salt since I trust neither; I'll just wait for the true facts to come out and then make my decision on who was telling the truth. I've got better things in life to worry about instead of worrying about a memo or email.

Right.... If they are reporting false stories, there's nothing to be concerned about. Nothing to see here. Nothing.

resister
12-13-2017, 03:48 PM
US media is a fraud21625

Bob the Slob
12-13-2017, 03:49 PM
The left wing news in its quest to destroy Donald Trump is destroying itself. It has no credibility and they are not to be believed about anything political.

The news is not losing its credibility. The story was walked back when it was found out it was false and it was admitted to in many different broadcasts...like everything else trumpers bring up, this is not news. This is human error..which was caught and apologized for. Now Trump....well, he has YET to apologize for the average of 5 lies he tells daily..and Sarah Huckabee, too.

resister
12-13-2017, 04:10 PM
The news is not losing its credibility. The story was walked back when it was found out it was false and it was admitted to in many different broadcasts...like everything else trumpers bring up, this is not news. This is human error..which was caught and apologized for. Now Trump....well, he has YET to apologize for the average of 5 lies he tells daily..and Sarah Huckabee, too.
Another MSM apologist, getting a name or date wrong is a "mistake" not wholesale fabrication of "news".

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 04:33 PM

They lost their credibility a long time ago with most clear thinking people. There was a time that a story like this would not be published unless it was verified by multiple sources. Not any more.

It wasn't human error. It was rushing to publish a story because it satisfied their partisan motivated bias.

Peter1469
12-13-2017, 04:58 PM

The "media" is in pure attack mode and that leads them into fake news - it is becoming a habit with them.

AZ Jim
12-13-2017, 05:07 PM
I would argue that trump was yesterdays big loser. Don't believe that? Just wait and see.

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 05:09 PM
The "media" is in pure attack mode and that leads them into fake news - it is becoming a habit with them.

It's the new normal.

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 05:09 PM
I would argue that trump was yesterdays big loser. Don't believe that? Just wait and see.

How so?

Bob the Slob
12-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Another MSM apologist, getting a name or date wrong is a "mistake" not wholesale fabrication of "news".
Now that's not true. Look at how long FOX has said President Obama was born in Kenya. Not true. They still lie. A news agency is going to make mistakes. Especially in this high competitive market to be the first to expose new information. ONLY a reputable news agency apologizes when they make a mistake or report wrong information.

Bob the Slob
12-13-2017, 05:23 PM

The media is reporting the truth on Donny and the trumpers...and that really gets to you guys. You prefer the lies FOX tells you about the left to the truth that CNN and MSNBC tell about you right wingers.

Peter1469
12-13-2017, 05:25 PM
The media is reporting the truth on Donny and the trumpers...and that really gets to you guys. You prefer the lies FOX tells you about the left to the truth that CNN and MSNBC tell about you right wingers.

You don't know what you are talking about. These days I rarely watch any news. It is all corrupt.

The "media" in general is a propaganda arm of the DNC.

Bob the Slob
12-13-2017, 05:30 PM
They lost their credibility a long time ago with most clear thinking people. There was a time that a story like this would not be published unless it was verified by multiple sources. Not any more.

It wasn't human error. It was rushing to publish a story because it satisfied their partisan motivated bias.

It was human error. They apologized for it being human error. If it wasn't, they would not have retracted it.

Bob the Slob
12-13-2017, 05:32 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. These days I rarely watch any news. It is all corrupt.

The "media" in general is a propaganda arm of the DNC.

Hardly. But your believing that shows you have been listening to lies from Fox. You have bias and a news organization which clearly identifies itself with the republican party and clearly RUNS the pary....that's Russian like. Something most people are against.

resister
12-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Was not aware he was in the senate race.

AZ Jim
12-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Was not aware he was in the senate race.That' due to your not understanding the issue.

resister
12-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Hardly. But your believing that shows you have been listening to lies from Fox. You have bias and a news organization which clearly identifies itself with the republican party and clearly RUNS the pary....that's Russian like. Something most people are against.
You make broad brush assumptions, like calling me a "home schooled evangelist" I am neither, but it shows you regurgitate MSM talking points.

resister
12-13-2017, 06:13 PM
That' due to your not understanding the issue.
"That's"

Peter1469
12-13-2017, 06:20 PM
It was human error. They apologized for it being human error. If it wasn't, they would not have retracted it.

Bull shit. It was pure hatred for Trump.

Peter1469
12-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Your Fox meme is stupid.

You have no idea what I watch.

Mister D
12-13-2017, 06:28 PM
You make broad brush assumptions, like calling me a "home schooled evangelist" I am neither, but it shows you regurgitate MSM talking points.
Bob is an idiot.

Mister D
12-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Your Fox meme is stupid.

Bob is the kind of buffoon who calls professed atheists "evangelicals".

resister
12-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Your Fox meme is stupid.

Don't feel alone, that moron called me a "home schooled evangelist".

Like a doll you pull a string on, repeat MSM talking points, he is a classic, projectionist.

resister
12-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Bob is an idiot.
Tell me about it, I am forever "evangelizing" What a maroon...:rollseyes:

Mister D
12-13-2017, 06:32 PM
And they can count on their drones.

resister
12-13-2017, 06:42 PM
And they can count on their drones.
Just pull the string and let go, the response is programmed.

Peter1469
12-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Don't feel alone, that moron called me a "home schooled evangelist".

Like a doll you pull a string on, repeat MSM talking points, he is a classic, projectionist.

Clown comes to mind.

Agent Cooper
12-13-2017, 07:21 PM
lolololololol. Surely you jest!

Safety
12-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Now that's not true. Look at how long FOX has said President Obama was born in Kenya. Not true. They still lie. A news agency is going to make mistakes. Especially in this high competitive market to be the first to expose new information. ONLY a reputable news agency apologizes when they make a mistake or report wrong information.

That's different because that is a story that the right wants to believe, so confirmation bias kicks in for them to only search for news via FOX. Their belief perseverance in those types of "news" prevents them from considering any other point of view, therefore only believing what the right wing media hands them and labeling everything else as fake news.

Hal Jordan
12-13-2017, 11:16 PM
Bob is an idiot.

Refrain from insults.