PDA

View Full Version : AP tweets Jones wins

Crepitus
12-12-2017, 10:37 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/AP?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5 Eauthor

Green Arrow
12-12-2017, 10:40 PM
Everyone is saying Jones won. Looks like he won with a wide enough margin to not trigger a recount, too.

gamewell45
12-12-2017, 10:42 PM
as I mentioned in here last week, the only accurate poll is the one conducted on election day. :)

nic34
12-12-2017, 11:02 PM
as I mentioned in here last week, the only accurate poll is the one conducted on election day. :)

Tells us a lot about trumps waining support...

gamewell45
12-12-2017, 11:07 PM

I don't think it certainly helps him any at all; it'll be interesting to see what he tweets around 3am since I understand that McConnell really hammered him this evening. Politics is such an ugly business.

nathanbforrest45
12-12-2017, 11:13 PM
My sincere prediction: All of Moore's accusers will quietly disappear never to be heard from again. Their job is done.

Dr. Who
12-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Everyone is saying Jones won. Looks like he won with a wide enough margin to not trigger a recount, too.
The women of Alabama have spoken.

nathanbforrest45
12-12-2017, 11:36 PM
The women of Alabama have spoken.Yes of course, they would rather be able to murder their babies and collect welfare than to be free.

Crepitus
12-12-2017, 11:42 PM
Slightly more than half of Alabamans understand that pedophilia is not ok, even if you are a republican.

Green Arrow
12-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Slightly more than half of Alabamas understand that pedophilia is not ok, even if you are a republican.

Ephebophilia, technically, but yeah basically.

ripmeister
12-12-2017, 11:45 PM

If Moore wants to pay for it he can ask for a recount regardless. The automatic recount threshold is .5%

Dr. Who
12-13-2017, 12:19 AM
Yes of course, they would rather be able to murder their babies and collect welfare than to be free.

I suspect that the revelation of his history, not just his alleged liaisons, put women off. Honestly, advocating that women should not have any place in government - do you really expect any woman to get behind someone like that? He's a throwback to the 19th century.

nathanbforrest45
12-13-2017, 12:29 AM
I suspect that the revelation of his history, not just his alleged liaisons, put women off. Honestly, advocating that women should not have any place in government - do you really expect any woman to get behind someone like that? He's a throwback to the 19th century.

Why do liberals always have to lie or misrepresent the facts. Moore never said women had no place in government, he never wrote that. An article he wrote appeared in a publication in which another writer made those statements. You can check it out if you want, even Snopes states he did not do that. But I doubt if you will want to since it destroys your narrative regarding Moore.

And for the record an allegation is not necessarily a fact. I again predict those women who accused Moore of being a pedophile will quietly disappear now that they have brought him down.

Common
12-13-2017, 06:21 AM

No it doesnt, Moore was a rotten candidate and the turnout was 25% and If we were going to lose any election, Im damn glad it was this one.

stjames1_53
12-13-2017, 06:36 AM
Why do liberals always have to lie or misrepresent the facts. Moore never said women had no place in government, he never wrote that. An article he wrote appeared in a publication in which another writer made those statements. You can check it out if you want, even Snopes states he did not do that. But I doubt if you will want to since it destroys your narrative regarding Moore.

And for the record an allegation is not necessarily a fact. I again predict those women who accused Moore of being a pedophile will quietly disappear now that they have brought him down.

...just as fast as they appeared just in the nick of time.............odd that this wasn't as issue before..............the gold diggers come out in droves always as a matter of coincidence

hanger4
12-13-2017, 06:46 AM
Slightly more than half of Alabamans understand that pedophilia is not ok, even if you are a republican.What prepubescent children Crepitus ?? This is what I refer to when I say you have a problem with truth. Shame on you Dr. Who for thanking such an untrue statement.

Crepitus
12-13-2017, 07:12 AM
What prepubescent children Crepitus ?? This is what I refer to when I say you have a problem with truth. Shame on you Dr. Who for thanking such an untrue statement.

Stop being an apologist for this scumbag.

hanger4
12-13-2017, 07:39 AM
Stop being an apologist for this scumbag.Calling out your lie is apologizing for Moore ?? Do tell Crepitus ??

Chris
12-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Criminy, still the equation of accusations with guilt.

Anyway it was a speaker. The US is so divided.

Chris
12-13-2017, 08:02 AM
Stop being an apologist for this scumbag.

Stop trolling with it.

DGUtley
12-13-2017, 08:10 AM
It'll be Armageddon next election for the D's nationally and Jones in Alabama. The R's aren't going to forget the D's post-election conduct.

Chris
12-13-2017, 08:13 AM
It'll be Armageddon next election for the D's nationally and Jones in Alabama. The R's aren't going to forget the D's post-election conduct.

Never know, Ds might pull off the decency virtue signalling.

Green Arrow
12-13-2017, 08:14 AM

What “post-election conduct”?

Crepitus
12-13-2017, 08:24 AM
What lie? You're defending his pedophilia. It's over, he lost. You can stop apologizing for him now.

In your shoes I'd be relieved.

Calling out your lie is apologizing for Moore ?? Do tell @Crepitus (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1345) ??

Crepitus
12-13-2017, 08:27 AM

Huh? What post election conduct is that?

Crepitus
12-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Stop trolling with it.

Telling the truth is trolling?

hanger4
12-13-2017, 08:39 AM
What lie? You're defending his pedophilia. It's over, he lost. You can stop apologizing for him now.In your shoes I'd be relieved."Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children." ......... This has already been posted in responses to you and others. I ask again "what prepubescent children" Crepitus ??

Chris
12-13-2017, 08:41 AM
Telling the truth is trolling?

He's been found guilty? What'd I miss?

Crepitus
12-13-2017, 08:42 AM
"Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children." ......... This has already been posted in responses to you and others. I ask again "what prepubescent children" Crepitus ??

You are splitting semantic hairs to minimize his crime.

Stop. At this point all you are doing is making yourself look desperate.

hanger4
12-13-2017, 08:55 AM
You are splitting semantic hairs to minimize his crime.Stop. At this point all you are doing is making yourself look desperate.I'm not splitting hairs Crepitus, pedophilia has a distinct meaning and you know this. You need to stop spreading falsehoods, it a sign of desperation. And again, I'm not defending Moore nor minimizing his alledged crime.

Crepitus
12-13-2017, 08:58 AM
I'm not splitting hairs Crepitus, pedophilia has a distinct meaning and you know this. You need to stop spreading falsehoods, it a sign of desperation. And again, I'm not defending Moore nor minimizing his alledged crime.

Uh huh, sure. :rollseyes:

hanger4
12-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Uh huh, sure. :rollseyes:Pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. ........... What prepubescent children Crepitus ?? Why is this question so difficult that you've ignored it time after time ?? You want to slander Moore with the Pedophile title, prove it !!

nic34
12-13-2017, 09:56 AM
I don't think it certainly helps him any at all; it'll be interesting to see what he tweets around 3am since I understand that McConnell really hammered him this evening. Politics is such an ugly business.

Now I hear McConnell won't seat Jones until after the tax vote. More Republican shenanigans.

stjames1_53
12-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Now I hear McConnell won't seat Jones until after the tax vote. More Republican shenanigans.
link? or hearsay?

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 10:49 AM

When someone is running against another who's being portrayed as a child molestor, there should be a landslide win, not a close race like this one. Jones is already a lame duck senator. He basically has no chance at reelection in 2020. He needs to enjoy his time.

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 10:54 AM

That's a nice attempt at partisan spin, but the vote is planned for this current Congress, not the next one.

AZ Jim
12-13-2017, 10:56 AM
It'll be Armageddon next election for the D's nationally and Jones in Alabama. The R's aren't going to forget the D's post-election conduct.Hang on to your wishful thinking!

nathanbforrest45
12-13-2017, 10:58 AM
What lie? You're defending his pedophilia. It's over, he lost. You can stop apologizing for him now.

In your shoes I'd be relieved.
If he were convicted or if overwhelming evidence existed to his pedophilia no one would be defending him (except NAMBLA, one of yours, of course). The issues for us is other than a last minute accusation there is absolutely no proof Judge Moore did any of those things. Do you have tape recordings or photo's of Judge Moore molesting young girls 40 years ago? Otherwise, you are simply spreading rumors.

nathanbforrest45
12-13-2017, 11:00 AM
link? or hearsay?

The voices in his head told him and you know they are always right.

nathanbforrest45
12-13-2017, 11:03 AM
O J Simpson was accused of murdering his wife and a restaurant worker. Everyone was sure he was guilty but he was acquitted. Should we have not had a trial and just gave him the gas chamber because he was accused?

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 11:06 AM
It's not a good sign when one squeaks out a close win against a guy being portrayed as a serial child molestor.

If Jones wants to have any shot at reelection, he's going to need to abandon his hard left wing agenda. He will also need to show some independence from Chuck Schumer. Neither of which will happen.

AZ Jim
12-13-2017, 11:35 AM
^^^^All these repub dirty tricks will come back to them in more upcoming elections.

AZ Jim
12-13-2017, 11:37 AM
When someone is running against another who's being portrayed as a child molestor, there should be a landslide win, not a close race like this one. Jones is already a lame duck senator. He basically has no chance at reelection in 2020. He needs to enjoy his time.When the President has stumped for a candidate as Trump did that candidate should win handily, but, alas Trump is in deep trouble himself.

Green Arrow
12-13-2017, 11:39 AM
O J Simpson was accused of murdering his wife and a restaurant worker. Everyone was sure he was guilty but he was acquitted. Should we have not had a trial and just gave him the gas chamber because he was accused?

No, but we shouldn’t make him a senator either.

Green Arrow
12-13-2017, 11:40 AM
It's not a good sign when one squeaks out a close win against a guy being portrayed as a serial child molestor.

If Jones wants to have any shot at reelection, he's going to need to abandon his hard left wing agenda. He will also need to show some independence from Chuck Schumer. Neither of which will happen.

What, specifically, is “hard left wing” about Jones’s agenda?

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 11:50 AM
When the President has stumped for a candidate as Trump did that candidate should win handily, but, alas Trump is in deep trouble himself.

You are free to keep your dream alive.

Jones should have won this election in a landslide. He didn't. Why?

Tahuyaman
12-13-2017, 11:51 AM
What, specifically, is “hard left wing” about Jones’s agenda?. Seriously?

His views on abortion, immigration, education, health care and gay rights are are hard left wing.

The Xl
12-13-2017, 12:09 PM
Moore was a shitty candidate, but what lost him this election was unsubstantiated conjecture.

ripmeister
12-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Moore was a $#@!ty candidate, but what lost him this election was unsubstantiated conjecture.
That was significant but there was more to it than that it terms of his stance on the various cultural issues and his actions as a judge. It wasn't just the accusations about his trolling for young women/girls.

Crepitus
12-13-2017, 02:31 PM
If he were convicted or if overwhelming evidence existed to his pedophilia no one would be defending him (except NAMBLA, one of yours, of course). The issues for us is other than a last minute accusation there is absolutely no proof Judge Moore did any of those things. Do you have tape recordings or photo's of Judge Moore molesting young girls 40 years ago? Otherwise, you are simply spreading rumors.

Nambla is not any body's.

The Xl
12-13-2017, 03:28 PM
That was significant but there was more to it than that it terms of his stance on the various cultural issues and his actions as a judge. It wasn't just the accusations about his trolling for young women/girls.
To me it would appear that the accusations cost him the election. He sucks and has a ton of baggage, but I don't think anything other than the accusations against him cost him.

ripmeister
12-13-2017, 04:52 PM
To me it would appear that the accusations cost him the election. He sucks and has a ton of baggage, but I don't think anything other than the accusations against him cost him.

Perhaps but I'm not sure about that. The accusations may have been the final straw but for me, unless the accusations had been proven it was all the other stuff that was far more concerning. I mean, the guy is kind of a nutjob.

Dr. Who
12-13-2017, 05:46 PM

Really .... Link to Time article and link to the book that shows him as a co-author. No one (with any intelligence) allows their name to be listed as a co-author on material that would misrepresent their views. So either he agrees with it or he wasn't smart enough to read what his name was being added to. Which is it?
https://www.amazon.com/Law-Government-Introductory-Study-Course/dp/193746007X/ref=as_at?creativeASIN=193746007X&linkCode=w50&tag=timecom-20&imprToken=6qccApnGCEpGwAlhvFZ2cA&slotNum=0

http://time.com/5045177/roy-moore-alabama-women-unfit-for-office/

nic34
12-14-2017, 10:26 AM
The voices in his head told him and you know they are always right.

Read and weep

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mitch-mcconnell-alabamas-new-senator-wont-be-seated-this-year/article/2643267

nic34
12-14-2017, 10:29 AM
That's a nice attempt at partisan spin, but the vote is planned for this current Congress, not the next one.

Yes with Strange as senator, genius read the link above.

Tahuyaman
12-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Yes with Strange as senator, genius read the link above.

So what? He's part of the current congress.

Right genius?

Tahuyaman
12-14-2017, 10:49 AM
The way the liberal mind works is a complete mystery.

nic34
12-14-2017, 11:37 AM
So what? He's part of the current congress.

Right genius?

What part of my post was wrong? All I said was that Jones would not be seated now but you jumped on the where's the link bandwagon.

Tahuyaman
12-14-2017, 11:42 AM
What part of my post was wrong? All I said was that Jones would not be seated now but you jumped on the where's the link bandwagon.

You seem to think that it's wrong for the current congress to vote on this tax bill. Jones won't be seated until the next congress is convened. The current congress still has work to do. That's the way it works.

Crepitus
12-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Really .... Link to Time article and link to the book that shows him as a co-author. No one (with any intelligence) allows their name to be listed as a co-author on material that would misrepresent their views. So either he agrees with it or he wasn't smart enough to read what his name was being added to. Which is it?
https://www.amazon.com/Law-Government-Introductory-Study-Course/dp/193746007X/ref=as_at?creativeASIN=193746007X&linkCode=w50&tag=timecom-20&imprToken=6qccApnGCEpGwAlhvFZ2cA&slotNum=0

http://time.com/5045177/roy-moore-alabama-women-unfit-for-office/

It's just more of the creative interpretation that they have been using to excuse trump and co. all along.

"Show me where trump said Gillibrand would have sex with him"
"Show me where trump said they should shoot Clinton "
"Show me where Roy Moore was accused of pedophilia"

And on and on and on.........

Crepitus
12-14-2017, 11:45 AM
You seem to think that it's wrong for the current congress to vote on this tax bill. Jones won't be seated until the next congress is convened. The current congress still has work to do. That's the way it works.

It is wrong, the people's voice should be heard, the new congressman should have the opportunity to vote on the legislation.

That is after all the rational used to seat Gorsuch right?

nic34
12-14-2017, 11:50 AM
It is wrong, the people's voice should be heard, the new congressman should have the opportunity to vote on the legislation.

Exactly.

Chris
12-14-2017, 11:52 AM

LOL, Jones wins, ushers in new decency, tax cut is going through, nothing has changed.

nic34
12-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Who's the real emperor Trump or McConnell?

Chris
12-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Who's the real emperor Trump or McConnell?

Which one has no clothes?

Tahuyaman
12-14-2017, 12:35 PM

The people who crafted the bill and had the input should be the ones to vote on it. The Gorsuch nomination is not relevant to the discussion.

Crepitus
12-14-2017, 03:46 PM
LOL, Jones wins, ushers in new decency, tax cut is going through, nothing has changed.

I expected nothing more than this hypocrisy.

Chris
12-14-2017, 04:33 PM
I expected nothing more than this hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy? Do you think because you disagree with the tax cut it's indecent or something?

Crepitus
12-14-2017, 07:08 PM
The people who crafted the bill and had the input should be the ones to vote on it. The Gorsuch nomination is not relevant to the discussion.

Of course it is. It's the same rational used to justify his nomination.

Crepitus
12-14-2017, 07:12 PM
What hypocrisy? Do you think because you disagree with the tax cut it's indecent or something?

I'm not actually discussing the tax bill, but rather who should be voting on it and when.

Tahuyaman
12-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Of course it is. It's the same rational used to justify his nomination.
Not relevant

Crepitus
12-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Not relevant

Of course it is. If you can't understand why I'm sorry, but I've done my best to explain it.

Tahuyaman
12-14-2017, 09:17 PM
Of course it is. If you can't understand why I'm sorry, but I've done my best to explain it.

Not relevant.