PDA

View Full Version : Moore won't concede

nic34
12-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Having been thrown out of office twice, losing an election to a pro-choice democrat whos also pro gay, it seems God has already spoken.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/14/roy-moore-issues-fiery-video-refusing-to-concede-immorality-sweeps-over-our-land

Crepitus
12-15-2017, 09:41 AM
Total religious whack-job.

Chris
12-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Having been thrown out of office twice, losing an election to a pro-choice democrat whos also pro gay, it seems God has already spoken.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/14/roy-moore-issues-fiery-video-refusing-to-concede-immorality-sweeps-over-our-land

Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right. - Abraham Lincoln

resister
12-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right. - Abraham Lincoln
And to think, how Democrats LOVE Lincoln.

Great call Chris! Blow it up!!!21665

ripmeister
12-15-2017, 10:14 AM
I think its funny that people want to reference God in terms of God being on their side. To do so diminishes God. Abe was talking about being on Gods side, not vice versa like people such as Moore would like to think.

Chris
12-15-2017, 10:16 AM
It's doubly odd to think the popular vote in an election is God's will.

"The modern State, proving the reality of political community, when comprehended philosophically, could therefore be seen as the highest articulation of Spirit, or God in the contemporary world." Said Hegel. "The State is God's Will."

nic34
12-15-2017, 11:07 AM
I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State.
Thomas Jefferson 1802

resister
12-15-2017, 11:11 AM
GOD, OK for Lincoln but not for Moore.

The party of double standards.:rollseyes:

Standing Wolf
12-15-2017, 11:24 AM
GOD, OK for Lincoln but not for Moore.

The party of double standards.

Nothing of the kind. Any scripture-quoting wingnut can claim to speak for God; it isn't in any way a "double standard" to argue that one individual may well be reflecting God's will in his or her words while another is just advancing a "holier than thou" agenda for political gain.

Captdon
12-15-2017, 11:28 AM
I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State.
Thomas Jefferson 1802

Jefferson was wrong. The Constitution protects religion from the government. It says nothing about what religion is to do. As Scalia said,"The Constitution protects the right to religion, not from religion."

Religion didn't beat or help Moore. Most people there decided not to vote for a pedophile. In 2020 they'll put a normal Republican back in.

resister
12-15-2017, 11:29 AM
Nothing of the kind. Any scripture-quoting wingnut can claim to speak for God; it isn't in any way a "double standard" to argue that one individual may well be reflecting God's will in his or her words while another is just advancing a "holier than thou" agenda for political gain.
No, it is most CERTAINLY a double standard. Lincoln continually referred to GOD yet no one bats an eye.

Captdon
12-15-2017, 11:30 AM

Since you have no way of knowing one from the other you are always using a double standard. Well, maybe if you can read minds.

Chris
12-15-2017, 11:32 AM

You shouldn't say such nasty things about Nic. He's a liberal but OK as far as I'm concerned.

Orion Rules
12-15-2017, 11:39 AM
Thomas Jefferson 1802
But where is that separation between Wall St. and the State, where the church is forced to turn sideways. They never meant that God would not be participating in the lives of people as they pursued the Spirit of 1776 to convey, what God had separated, let no man join together, and that is the purse seems way too deficient to fix anything!

How many people were imported into that same state that held an election to make sure the Democratic party stayed in power? Some are saying some real cheating happened, but that it wasn't in Mr. Moore's electoral turn-out, but that real, fraudulent cheating occurred in the ballot boxes, and so they will see who is seen to really be losing.

Kacper
12-15-2017, 11:44 AM

Since concessions have no legal effect, why does it matter?

Standing Wolf
12-15-2017, 11:44 AM
No, it is most CERTAINLY a double standard. Lincoln continually referred to GOD yet no one bats an eye.

So, in your view, I have to treat anyone who invokes the name of God with exactly the same deference (or disdain) or I'm being hypocritical?

Moore isn't opposed or criticized because he claims to know and do God's will. He is opposed and criticized, even by many active Christians, because he advocates the imposition of certain Christian doctrines on the general population by the State, and he seeks to use the power of the government to curtail or limit the equal rights of citizens based on gender, sexuality or religious Faith.

resister
12-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Any time a Republican mentions GOD the left HOWLS.

pragmatic
12-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Back to the topic of the OP.

Yeah, Roy Moore needs to concede the election. A little ridiculous not to at this point.

Even Trump and Bannon are telling Moore to knock off the silliness....

Standing Wolf
12-15-2017, 12:30 PM
Any time a Republican mentions GOD the left HOWLS.

To the extent that that is true, perhaps it has something to do with context, r. If someone is invoking the name of God in order to justify legal barriers to same-sex marriage, or to explain the terrorist attacks of 9-11, or to propose that Muslims be forbidden from holding public office in the U.S. - all positions that Roy Moore has taken - perhaps a bit of "howling" is to be expected.

nic34
12-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Jefferson was wrong. The Constitution protects religion from the government. It says nothing about what religion is to do. As Scalia said,"The Constitution protects the right to religion, not from religion."

Religion didn't beat or help Moore. Most people there decided not to vote for a pedophile. In 2020 they'll put a normal Republican back in.

Pardon me if I opt for Jefferson's position over that of Scalia.

nic34
12-15-2017, 01:03 PM

What's a normal Republican in Alabama?

nic34
12-15-2017, 01:04 PM
You shouldn't say such nasty things about Nic. He's a liberal but OK as far as I'm concerned.

Lol

Chris
12-15-2017, 01:59 PM
Lol

And I LOLed "Having been thrown out of office twice, losing an election to a pro-choice democrat whos also pro gay, it seems God has already spoken." Did God want Trump? :shocked:

Captdon
12-15-2017, 03:17 PM
What's a normal Republican in Alabama?

Why not ask one of them they're right here.

Dangermouse
12-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Scalia, like his followers is a tiny minority. Moore is history. A noisy repellent footnote. When even Trump thinks you're gone, you're gone.

Captdon
12-15-2017, 03:18 PM
And I LOLed "Having been thrown out of office twice, losing an election to a pro-choice democrat whos also pro gay, it seems God has already spoken." Did God want Trump? :shocked:

Why would god give a rat's ass who wins some election?

ripmeister
12-15-2017, 04:26 PM
Precisely.

Chris
12-15-2017, 04:28 PM

I wouldn't speak for God. The OP thinks he can.

The Xl
12-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Moore was a quack, but he didn't lose because of his idiocy, he lost because of un-provable slander. Idiocy all around. Doesn't real matter, Jones is a lame duck with no chance of re-election.

pragmatic
12-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Moore was a quack, but he didn't lose because of his idiocy, he lost because of un-provable slander. Idiocy all around. Doesn't real matter, Jones is a lame duck with no chance of re-election.

Well, it matters for the next couple of years while Jones holds the Senate seat....

Chris
12-15-2017, 08:54 PM

Sander is now called decency.

Moralizing liberals who don't believe in morality.

Archer0915
12-15-2017, 09:34 PM
I would not concede either. If I did not do the things I was accused of I would raise a stink, sue all parties involves, up to and including the DNC and media outlets and every woman that said anything untrue. I would change the dynamic, have bank records pulled (get with the DA... Libel and slander and if any money trail was found or connections were found... Investigation. Put the damn ball in their court.

Tahuyaman
12-15-2017, 11:40 PM
I would not concede either. If I did not do the things I was accused of I would raise a stink, sue all parties involves, up to and including the DNC and media outlets and every woman that said anything untrue. I would change the dynamic, have bank records pulled (get with the DA... Libel and slander and if any money trail was found or connections were found... Investigation. Put the damn ball in their court.

If he wants to persue legal action against his accusers, fine. He lost the election.

Dr. Who
12-16-2017, 01:22 AM
If he were innocent, why would so many be putting themselves in the line of fire to suggest that he has an unsavory past? What do they gain from it other than criticism?

resister
12-16-2017, 01:24 AM
If he were innocent, why would so many be putting themselves in the line of fire to suggest that he has an unsavory past? What do they gain from it other than criticism?
house loan paid off 750,000,000$?

Dr. Who
12-16-2017, 01:29 AM
house loan paid off 750,000,000$?
Not all.

Chris
12-16-2017, 08:39 AM

P O L I T I C S spells what? How else explain so many people setting aside the fact accusations do not equal guilt.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 04:16 PM
I found about a dozen Moore threads in 2017.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 05:00 PM
I found about a dozen Moore threads in 2017.
So what?

Mister D
08-13-2022, 05:02 PM
So what?
It's amusing to see what members were saying.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:02 PM
So what?
So if you have an interest in seeing how muddleheaded you were then you can go back and refresh your memory.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 05:06 PM
So if you have an interest in seeing how muddleheaded you were then you can go back and refresh your memory.
Uh. Ok.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:08 PM

Uh. Ok.
LOL. You were muddleheaded, weren't you?

You should look. A review of past mistakes can increase one's wisdom.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 05:08 PM
If he wants to persue legal action against his accusers, fine. He lost the election.

What was so “muddle headed” about that ?

You are senile. It’s true. Trust me. Everyone agrees.

The Booman
08-13-2022, 05:09 PM
This is fun. This is a fun time.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:09 PM
Thomas Jefferson 1802
You do know that was in a private letter, don't you?

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:11 PM

This is an example of someone who completely bought the tall tale, the Democrat party dirty trick. And in doing so subverted an election on behalf of a Democrat.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:14 PM
And now in 2022 the defamation has been proven.

A Democrat won because Democrats lied.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 05:15 PM
Nothing in this thread seems particularly amusing

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:16 PM
Moore did. And it took from 2017 until 2022 for Moore to get justice. But what about us? We had an election "stolen" based on Democrat Party lies, cleverly concealed at the time. The whole nation lost.

Mister D
08-13-2022, 05:16 PM
That's probably because you seem committed to these stupid internet feuds with people you don't know. Stop that.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:17 PM
What was so “muddle headed” about that ?
You are senile. It’s true. Trust me. Everyone agrees.
What is muddleheaded is your inability to see the obvious.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:19 PM

Then use it and the others to increase your stores of wisdom. You didn't catch on last time. Maybe next time you will.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 05:22 PM

Then use it and the others to increase your stores of wisdom. You didn't catch on last time. Maybe next time you will.

That was possibly the most amusing comment in this thread. Not for the reason you think though.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 05:23 PM
What is muddleheaded is your inability to see the obvious.

The obvious, meaning Moore lost? I got that. Maybe you didn’t.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:37 PM
That was possibly the most amusing comment in this thread. Not for the reason you think though.
I never doubted you would skip the opportunity.

Observing you is fascinating. You have unrealized potential.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 05:38 PM
The obvious, meaning Moore lost? I got that. Maybe you didn’t.
It is your failure to understand how he lost. You bought in to the Democrat party lies.

Learn from it. We will see them again.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 05:57 PM
It is your failure to understand how he lost. You bought in to the Democrat party lies.

Learn from it. We will see them again.

There were other reasons Moore lost. It was a while back, but it was my memory that he sometimes said some very odd things.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 05:58 PM
I never doubted you would skip the opportunity.

Observing you is fascinating. You have unrealized potential.
I guess with you, senility has its perks.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 08:14 PM
There were other reasons Moore lost. It was a while back, but it was my memory that he sometimes said some very odd things.
Democrats said he was a pedophile and with no intellectual horsepower to back you, you readily agreed. Didn't you?

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 08:15 PM
I guess with you, senility has its perks.
Ah, senility, that's the ticket. It is similar to a get out of (intellectual) jail free card. It is a tool for dullards.

Tahuyaman
08-13-2022, 09:23 PM
Democrats said he was a pedophile and with no intellectual horsepower to back you, you readily agreed. Didn't you?
I believe you are wrong about that. Go research all of the Moor Ed threads and see if you can find one where I called him a pedophile.

However, I do remember one or two members here claiming that if an 8 or 9 year old girl menstruates, she old enough to have sex.

MisterVeritis
08-13-2022, 11:12 PM
I believe you are wrong about that. Go research all of the Moor Ed threads and see if you can find one where I called him a pedophile.

However, I do remember one or two members here claiming that if an 8 or 9 year old girl menstruates, she old enough to have sex.
You have always been something of a kook. I wonder why?

Tahuyaman
08-14-2022, 10:18 AM
You have always been something of a kook. I wonder why?
Why don’t you support your claim?

MisterVeritis
08-14-2022, 01:27 PM
Why don’t you support your claim?
My claim that you bought the story that Moore is a pedophile?

Are you denying it?

MisterVeritis
08-14-2022, 01:28 PM
Ah, if only everyone knew about biology.

Wasn't the underlying conversation about defining pedophilia?

Tahuyaman
08-14-2022, 03:52 PM
Ah, if only everyone knew about biology.

Wasn't the underlying conversation about defining pedophilia?

I’ve never connected that to pedophilia.

Tahuyaman
08-14-2022, 03:53 PM
My claim that you bought the story that Moore is a pedophile?

Are you denying it?
I never ever claimed Moore was pedophile. Either prove I did or admit you just lied.

Captdon
08-14-2022, 10:23 PM

If Hillary was so innocent why did so many liberals put themselves in the line of fire? Answer that and you answer your question.