PDA

View Full Version : Report: Trump Bans ‘Transgender,’ ‘Fetus,’ ‘Science-Based’ From CDC Documents

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 10:15 AM
Report: Trump Bans ‘Transgender,’ ‘Fetus,’ ‘Science-Based’ From CDC Documents (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-administration-cdc-banned-words_us_5a348ed2e4b0ff955ad3221d)

In an astonishing order, the Trump administration has banned the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from using seven words — including “fetus,” “transgender,” “diversity” and “science-based” — in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget, The Washington Post has reported.

Dr. Loren Schechter, director of the Center for Gender Confirmation surgery at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago and a member of the board of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health, said he was shocked by the edict.“I’m not sure what the ultimate rationale is for doing this aside from trying to erase certain types of people off the map,” he told HuffPost, referring to the ban on the words “transgender” and “diversity.”

So, still think the *trump administration* isn't fascist?

IMPress Polly
12-16-2017, 10:19 AM
Wow. That is unbelievable. You can't even say the word "fetus" or "diversity" anymore, or speak of science? Wow. Just wow.

And you know what the funny thing is? The proponents of Trump and Co. constantly claim that THEY are the victims of censorship! GOOD LORD!!

Standing Wolf
12-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Other words banned include "evidence-based" and "vulnerable".

Fringe conservative snowflakes have been put in charge of pretty much everything, at this point.

Idiots.

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Banning fetus and diversity is bad enough and shouldn't be tolerated.

But banning the phrases science-based and evidence-based? It's like they are trying to remove all possibilities of basing any policies on realty so they can use religious and emotional reasoning to set them all.

IMPress Polly
12-16-2017, 10:54 AM
It is the thematically perfect closure to this astonishingly excellent year though, you have to admit.

donttread
12-16-2017, 11:02 AM
Report: Trump Bans ‘Transgender,’ ‘Fetus,’ ‘Science-Based’ From CDC Documents (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-administration-cdc-banned-words_us_5a348ed2e4b0ff955ad3221d)

Did you vet this? But in his defence we probably should drop the facade that government and politics have anything to do with "science" or research or even success vs. failure of previous programs.

countryboy
12-16-2017, 11:12 AM

In an astonishing order, the Trump administration has banned the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from using seven words — including “fetus,” “transgender,” “diversity” and “science-based” — in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget, The Washington Post has reported.

Why do you feel the need to lie in the title of this thread?

So, when colleges ban the use of certain words, that makes them fascist? You obviously need a remedial course in the English language.

Fascism
Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 11:34 AM

So, when colleges ban the use of certain words, that makes them fascist? You obviously need a remedial course in the English language.

Please point out what part of the title is a lie?

And btw I didn't even write the title, it's the one at the top of the linked article.

Common
12-16-2017, 11:39 AM
I love reading threads posted by the left and reading other leftists responses.

countryboy
12-16-2017, 11:44 AM

And btw I didn't even write the title, it's the one at the top of the linked article.

Posting a lie you didn't write, doesn't exonerate you. The title implies that these seven words are being banned from all CDC documents. This is not the case. They are only being prohibited from documents concerning the 2017 budget.

Common
12-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Posting a lie you didn't write, doesn't exonerate you. The title implies that these seven words are being banned from all CDC documents. This is not the case. They are only being prohibited from documents concerning the 2017 budget.

You have to let them rage a little now and then country or they will explode from pent up frustration

Kalkin
12-16-2017, 12:40 PM
I still *know* the Trump administration isn't fascist. It's also quite obvious that you don't know what "fascist" actually means.

Chris
12-16-2017, 12:51 PM

To liberals words like fascist have no meaning other than a trolling pejorative.

Chris
12-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Wow. That is unbelievable. You can't even say the word "fetus" or "diversity" anymore, or speak of science? Wow. Just wow.

And you know what the funny thing is? The proponents of Trump and Co. constantly claim that THEY are the victims of censorship! GOOD LORD!!

Did you miss that those words can't be used only "in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget"?

hanger4
12-16-2017, 01:01 PM
Did you miss that those words can't be used only "in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget"?They haven't missed it. The meme has been set, the lie must be spread.

Chris
12-16-2017, 01:04 PM
Banning fetus and diversity is bad enough and shouldn't be tolerated.

But banning the phrases science-based and evidence-based? It's like they are trying to remove all possibilities of basing any policies on realty so they can use religious and emotional reasoning to set them all.

Perhaps you should have read your link:

Instead of the words “science-based” or “evidence-based,” analysts were told they could use instead: The “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the newspaper reported.

Agent Zero
12-16-2017, 01:09 PM
In related news, America has declared the use of words like “intelligent”, “well-written”, and “fact-based” as impossible to use when describing Trumps speeches.

IMPress Polly
12-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Chris wrote:
Did you miss that those words can't be used only "in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget"?

Check out these words: It hardly matters! Why would they be banned in any capacity?

Chris
12-16-2017, 01:22 PM
Check out these words: It hardly matters! Why would they be banned in any capacity?

Check out these words from the OP link:

Instead of the words “science-based” or “evidence-based,” analysts were told they could use instead: The “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,” the newspaper reported.

IMPress Polly
12-16-2017, 01:30 PM
Wow, that is astonishingly generous! Oh wait, before said proclamation, IT DIDN'T MATTER what words you used!

Kalkin
12-16-2017, 01:32 PM
In related news, America has declared the use of words like “intelligent”, “well-written”, and “fact-based” as impossible to use when describing Trumps speeches.
The same could be said about your posts, kid.

IMPress Polly
12-16-2017, 01:35 PM
Kalkin wrote:

I don't know if that's the argument you should use. :wink:

nic34
12-16-2017, 01:36 PM
Are they banning deplorables next?

resister
12-16-2017, 01:49 PM
Whats the big deal, you lefties support banning all kinds of words. You practically invented the PC culture, after all.

Chris
12-16-2017, 01:51 PM
Whats the big deal, you lefties support banning all kinds of words. You practically invented the PC culture, after all.

Like liberal, Marx, Latin....

IMPress Polly
12-16-2017, 01:52 PM
resister wrote:

That argument works two ways: you rightists have always whined about feeling censored. Why the sudden imposition of censorship?

Chris
12-16-2017, 02:03 PM
That argument works two ways: you rightists have always whined about feeling censored. Why the sudden imposition of censorship?

DIfference is this: The Left wants to regulate the people, Trump wants to regulate the government. Right, like free speech, apply to the people, not the government. The BoR prohibits government, protects the people.

resister
12-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Actually, I wrote that. And the arugment goes 3 ways, yall have no problem making certain words taboo, so again why the sudden outrage?

IMPress Polly
12-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Chris wrote:
DIfference is this: The Left wants to regulate the people, Trump wants to regulate the government. Right, like free speech, apply to the people, not the government. The BoR prohibits government, protects the people.

I dunno. You can use that type of pseudo-logic to defend an awful lot of censorship that definitely affects people. For example, you could argue that censoring the news media (as the president has also repeatedly expressed want of doing) is just censoring business, not the people, and yet...the people get their information (or a lot of it anyway) from the news media. You see what I'm getting at?

resister wrote:
Actually, I wrote that.

Sorry about the misattribution! I've corrected it now.

And the arugment goes 3 ways, yall have no problem making certain words taboo, so again why the sudden outrage?

As someone well-known for her colorful language both here and elsewhere, I am not making any such argument. :grin:

Chris
12-16-2017, 02:15 PM
I dunno. You can use that type of pseudo-logic to defend an awful lot of censorship that definitely affects people. For example, you could argue that censoring the news media (as the president has also repeatedly expressed want of doing) is just censoring business, not the people, and yet...the people get their information (or a lot of it anyway) from the news media. You see what I'm getting at?

Businesses are run by the people, not the government.

So, no, I don't see what you're getting at.

IMPress Polly
12-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Chris wrote:

As difficult as it is to concede that Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and Mitch McConnell qualify as people, I have to disagree. "People" technically run all these institutions. In point of fact, the difference in the case of government is that at least we nominally have some say (at the voting booth) in what policies have a chance of getting advanced, where businesses are even less democratic institutions with totally arbitrary hierarchies and typically utterly top-down decision-making. They are not more human or down-to-Earth as I see it.

Chris
12-16-2017, 02:34 PM
As difficult as it is to concede that Donald Trump, Paul Ryan, and Mitch McConnell qualify as people, I have to disagree. "People" technically run all these institutions. In point of fact, the difference in the case of government is that at least we nominally have some say (at the voting booth) in what policies have a chance of getting advanced, where businesses are even less democratic institutions with totally arbitrary hierarchies and typically utterly top-down decision-making. They are not more human or down-to-Earth as I see it.

I have to keep reminding myself that the Left truly believes government control frees them and protects them from the free market.

And that voluntary is Latin.

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 06:09 PM

Implied? You mean like tRump implied the second amendment people could "do something" about clinton?

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 06:14 PM
Perhaps you should have read your link:

I did read the link. I see no need to add qualifiers that imply it isn't all based in fact.

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 06:16 PM

Last I checked people ran the government too.

countryboy
12-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Implied? You mean like tRump implied the second amendment people could "do something" about clinton?

If all you have are sophomoric insults, and idiotic rhetoric, I will not waste my time with you.

The fact remains, your thread title is a lie. Period, end of story.

resister
12-16-2017, 06:44 PM
You keep misrepresenting that, "maybe they can do something about THAT" Not Clinton.

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 07:04 PM
If all you have are sophomoric insults, and idiotic rhetoric, I will not waste my time with you.

Lol, stumped you didn't I.

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 07:05 PM
You keep misrepresenting that, "maybe they can do something about THAT" Not Clinton.

LMf'nAO!

resister
12-16-2017, 07:24 PM
LMf'nAO!

Posting a BS lie is somehow "funny"?

Crepitus
12-16-2017, 10:21 PM

It is when you do it.

Tahuyaman
12-17-2017, 04:36 AM

How does this have a negative impact upon their ability to form a budget?

These words are not banned in CDC documents as the OP claimed. Another dishonest statement.

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 07:58 AM
How does this have a negative impact upon their ability to form a budget?

These words are not banned in CDC documents as the OP claimed. Another dishonest statement.

They are banned in CDC documents. Why would you ban any words at all from anything anywhere?

hanger4
12-17-2017, 08:11 AM
They are banned in CDC documents. Why would you ban any words at all from anything anywhere?What documents other than documents used to prepare the agency’s budget Crepitus ??

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 08:27 AM
What documents other than documents used to prepare the agency’s budget Crepitus ??

Are those not CDC documents hanger4??

kilgram
12-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Posting a lie you didn't write, doesn't exonerate you. The title implies that these seven words are being banned from all CDC documents. This is not the case. They are only being prohibited from documents concerning the 2017 budget. And that is not bad? Or what? :-S

hanger4
12-17-2017, 08:59 AM
Are those not CDC documents hanger4??Sure, but not all documents as the title implied.

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 09:16 AM
Sure, but not all documents as the title implied.

Implied? You would know all about that now wouldn't you.

hanger4
12-17-2017, 09:31 AM
Implied? You would know all about that now wouldn't you.Apparently you don't, or you failed to read the OP through or failed to understand this from your posted OP; ............ " in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget".

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 09:51 AM
Apparently you don't, or you failed to read the OP through or failed to understand this from your posted OP; ............ " in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget".

So it doesn't imply all CDC documents then.

hanger4
12-17-2017, 10:07 AM
So it doesn't imply all CDC documents then.:thumbsup: Huffpost took their readership for an a mostly inconsequential ride.

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 10:10 AM
:thumbsup: Huffpost took their readership for an a mostly inconsequential ride.

Like every rwnj blog site ever.

hanger4
12-17-2017, 10:19 AM
Like every rwnj blog site ever.Did you enjoy the Huffpost ride ?? you sho-nuff fell for it. :grin:

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Did you enjoy the Huffpost ride ?? you sho-nuff fell for it. :grin:

It wasn't a "ride". They posted the truth.

hanger4
12-17-2017, 10:38 AM
It wasn't a "ride". They posted the truth.They actually did, it just wasn't in the title.

Tahuyaman
12-17-2017, 10:49 AM
They are banned in CDC documents. Why would you ban any words at all from anything anywhere?

Only in the context of budget development. Now, how would that impact their overall budget?

Tahuyaman
12-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Using the words him and her have been banned in some government colleges. No outcry over the banning of those words in that situation.

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 11:03 AM
They actually did, it just wasn't in the title.

What was not true about the title?

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Using the words him and her have been banned in some government colleges. No outcry over the banning of those words in that situation.

link?

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 11:14 AM
Only in the context of budget development. Now, how would that impact their overall budget?

Why would they ban it for budget development? Are they afraid they will offend the trumpkins who will read it or have it read to them?

Green Arrow
12-17-2017, 11:35 AM

It’s not a lie. It said the words/phrases were banned from CDC documents. They were indeed banned from CDC documents. The title doesn’t say “all” and the article explains which documents the words/phrases are banned from.

Tahuyaman
12-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Why would they ban it for budget development? Are they afraid they will offend the trumpkins who will read it or have it read to them?

Again, how does it have a negative impact upon developing a budget?

hanger4
12-17-2017, 11:56 AM
What was not true about the title?No where in the title did Huffpost say 'only' "in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget" it said "CDC documents", so yes Huffposts title lied.

countryboy
12-17-2017, 12:01 PM
It’s not a lie. It said the words/phrases were banned from CDC documents. They were indeed banned from CDC documents. The title doesn’t say “all” and the article explains which documents the words/phrases are banned from.

Lol. A lie of omission, is no less a lie.

Green Arrow
12-17-2017, 12:10 PM
Lol. A lie of omission, is no less a lie.

It’s not a lie of omission just because you and others are divorcing the title from the rest of the story and reading things into it, lol.

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Again, how does it have a negative impact upon developing a budget?

What possible point does it have if it doesn't?

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 12:45 PM
No where in the title did Huffpost say 'only' "in any documents used to prepare the agency’s budget" it said "CDC documents", so yes Huffposts title lied.

Are budget documents not CDC documents?

Tahuyaman
12-17-2017, 01:09 PM
What possible point does it have if it doesn't?What negative impact does it have on creating a budget? Why are you having trouble fielding that question?

hanger4
12-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Are budget documents not CDC documents?Implied: adjective, suggested but not directly expressed; implicit. ........... Stop Crepitus, you're embarrassing yourself.

Chris
12-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Are budget documents not CDC documents?

But not all CDC docs are budgetary.

Captdon
12-17-2017, 02:11 PM
It turned out to be not true. The director of the CDC said is isn't. I'll take his word.

Tahuyaman
12-17-2017, 03:11 PM
It's time this political correctness should be erased from our society. Our society is going down the toilet.

resister
12-17-2017, 04:01 PM
LOL @ this thread and all it's righteousness !
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92613-CDC-director-denies-reports-that-staffers-are-banned-from-using-certain-words

resister
12-17-2017, 04:04 PM
It’s not a lie of omission just because you and others are divorcing the title from the rest of the story and reading things into it, lol.
Turns out you guys fell for fake news, AGAIN!

resister
12-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Other words banned include "evidence-based" and "vulnerable".

Fringe conservative snowflakes have been put in charge of pretty much everything, at this point.

Idiots.
LOL, fake news anyone? Want salt for that crow?

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 04:07 PM
What negative impact does it have on creating a budget? Why are you having trouble fielding that question?

If it has no effect why are they doing it? Although they are trumplings, it may just be stupidity I guess.

resister
12-17-2017, 04:08 PM
If it has no effect why are they doing it? Although they are trumplings, it may just be stupidity I guess.
It's.

Not.

True.

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Implied: adjective, suggested but not directly expressed; implicit. ........... Stop Crepitus, you're embarrassing yourself.

Oh, here we are again! Implied? Like trump implied:

Gun owners should assassinate Clinton?

A senator offered him sex for money?

Ted cruz's dad was involved in the JFK assassination?

Megan Kelly is a bimbo?

President Obama was connected to the Orlando shooter?

Implied like that?

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 04:22 PM
It's.

Not.

True.

Sure it is. Just because they are backing up now that their stupidity has been exposed doesn't me they didn't do it.

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 04:23 PM
But not all CDC docs are budgetary.

Did anybody imply that they were?

resister
12-17-2017, 04:33 PM
Sure it is. Just because they are backing up now that their stupidity has been exposed doesn't me they didn't do it.
LOL, double down. You were taken in by fake news AGAIN.

Just run with that...:rollseyes:

resister
12-17-2017, 04:35 PM

LMf'nAO!

It is when you do it.
Except I don't post made up shit.

hanger4
12-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Oh, here we are again! Implied? Like trump implied:Gun owners should assassinate Clinton?A senator offered him sex for money? Ted cruz's dad was involved in the JFK assassination? Megan Kelly is a bimbo?President Obama was connected to the Orlando shooter?Implied like that?"Gun owners should assassinate Clinton?" ......... Gun ownership vote there was no assassination implied. ........... "A senator offered him sex for money?" ............. If the senator was male you wouldn't have thought that. All that shows is you and others have a dirty mind. The rest are declarative statements and stupid. The Huffpost title untrue. The head of CDC said so also.

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 05:11 PM
"Gun owners should assassinate Clinton?" ......... Gun ownership vote there was no assassination implied. ........... "A senator offered him sex for money?" ............. If the senator was male you wouldn't have thought that. All that shows is you and others have a dirty mind. The rest are declarative statements and stupid. The Huffpost title untrue. The head of CDC said so also.

Lol, so the implied thing only works for you on stuff you want it to? Do you not see the hypocrisy you are engaged in right now?

Green Arrow
12-17-2017, 05:23 PM
Turns out you guys fell for fake news, AGAIN!

I didn’t fall for anything.

Chris
12-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Lol, so the implied thing only works for you on stuff you want it to? Do you not see the hypocrisy you are engaged in right now?

Implication works only when it's logical.

hanger4
12-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Lol, so the implied thing only works for you on stuff you want it to? Do you not see the hypocrisy you are engaged in right now?No hypocrisy at all Crepitus. How does one imply more than one thing ??

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 06:02 PM
Implication works only when it's logical.

So You suffer from the same problem. Are you guys putting me on or can you genuinely not see it?

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 06:03 PM
No hypocrisy at all Crepitus. How does one imply more than one thing ??

Lol at "no hypocrisy at all".

That's some funny shit right there.

hanger4
12-17-2017, 06:22 PM
Lol at "no hypocrisy at all".That's some funny shit right there.Jokes on you Crepitus, mind answering the question ??

Dr. Who
12-17-2017, 07:17 PM
The words vulnerable, entitlement, diversity, transgender, fetus, evidence-based and science-based, all have specific application in substantiating budget requirements for CDC departments like the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention whose research includes HIV prevention among the transgendered and other at-risk populations as well as into birth defects caused by the Zika virus, which actually involves studying its effect on fetal development.

Fortunately, we have synonyms in the English language:

Vulnerable = 'at risk'
Entitlement = 'appurtenance'
Diversity = 'variant'/'variance' + sexual or gender or ethnic
Transgender = 'gender transitional' or 'gender transitioned'
Fetus = 'embryo'
Evidence-based = 'evidentiary'
Science-based = 'scientifically founded'

Crepitus
12-17-2017, 07:22 PM
Jokes on you Crepitus, mind answering the question ??

Why would I bother answering a question that is nothing more than an attempt to lead me away from the topic at hand?

Tahuyaman
12-17-2017, 07:53 PM
So, this ended up being another example of fake news, huh?

hanger4
12-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Why would I bother answering a question that is nothing more than an attempt to lead me away from the topic at hand?Wasn't leading you anywhere and was on topic, so nevermind Crepitus, your juvenile antics bore me.

Chris
12-17-2017, 08:19 PM
The words vulnerable, entitlement, diversity, transgender, fetus, evidence-based and science-based, all have specific application in substantiating budget requirements for CDC departments like the National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention whose research includes HIV prevention among the transgendered and other at-risk populations as well as into birth defects caused by the Zika virus, which actually involves studying its effect on fetal development.

Fortunately, we have synonyms in the English language:

Vulnerable = 'at risk'
Entitlement = 'appurtenance'
Diversity = 'variant'/'variance' + sexual or gender or ethnic
Transgender = 'gender transitional' or 'gender transitioned'
Fetus = 'embryo'
Evidence-based = 'evidentiary'
Science-based = 'scientifically founded'

Read the OP article. Alternative phrases were offered the CDC. This article is much ado...

Chris
12-17-2017, 08:22 PM

It did. See http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92613-CDC-director-denies-reports-that-staffers-are-banned-from-using-certain-words

Safety
12-17-2017, 08:44 PM

It's a whataboutism, and based upon the thanks received, especially from those that love to search the forum looking for liberals using it, is freaking ironic.

Dr. Who
12-17-2017, 08:47 PM
Read the OP article. Alternative phrases were offered the CDC. This article is much ado...

I did read it and the offered phrase noted seemed rather long and bland.

resister
12-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Fake news

Chris
12-17-2017, 09:25 PM

CDC budgetary docs are short and exciting you say?

In the end, it was fake news anyhow.

resister
12-17-2017, 09:28 PM
CDC budgetary docs are short and exciting you say?

In the end, it was fake news anyhow.
Amazing how this has been revealed as fake news, yet they wont abandon the meme!

Stay the ship!

resister
12-17-2017, 09:29 PM
It is fake ass news. Jump ship.

Chris
12-17-2017, 10:25 PM
https://s33.postimg.org/vb8acctnj/marlin-jumps-overboard.gif

Trolling is dangerous.

resister
12-17-2017, 11:31 PM
Here is your chance to admit being gullible and wrong, you know who you are, mentioning you(s) does no good.

Tahuyaman
12-18-2017, 12:01 PM

It did. See http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/92613-CDC-director-denies-reports-that-staffers-are-banned-from-using-certain-words

Well, let's move on to the next contrived outrage.

Agent Zero
12-18-2017, 08:37 PM

Maybe he can relay that to the State Dept next time he calls them.

resister
12-18-2017, 08:46 PM
Maybe he can relay that to the State Dept next time he calls them.
How many people do you imagine, care enough to indulge your fantasy?

Kalkin
12-18-2017, 08:46 PM

You don't know a lot of things. Don't worry, you'll learn as you mature. ;)