PDA

View Full Version : U.S. helped thwart major attack in St. Petersburg: U.S., Russia say

Ethereal
12-18-2017, 11:23 PM
U.S. helped thwart major attack in St. Petersburg: U.S., Russia say (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-usa-intelligence/u-s-helped-thwart-major-attack-in-st-petersburg-u-s-russia-say-idUSKBN1EB0NK)

MOSCOW/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States provided intelligence to Russia that helped thwart a potentially deadly bomb attack in St. Petersburg, U.S. and Russian officials said on Sunday, in a rare public show of cooperation despite deep strains between the two countries.

Russian President Vladimir Putin telephoned U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday to thank him for the tip-off, which the Kremlin said helped prevent a militant bomb attack on a cathedral in the Russian city, as well as other sites.

The White House did not disclose details about the plot itself, but said the attack “could have killed large numbers of people.” Neither the Kremlin nor the White House identified the would-be attackers.

The U.S. warning allowed Russian law enforcement agencies to arrest the suspects before they could carry out their plans, the White House and Kremlin said.

[...]

Finally, proof that Trump is colluding with the Russians.

Grokmaster
12-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Collusion !!!!!

Ethereal
12-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Democrats must be outraged. Trump is sharing intelligence with our hated enemies, the Russians. Perhaps this is Trump's way of paying them back for all those Facebook Ads they bought? Mueller will get to the bottom of this.

exotix
12-18-2017, 11:29 PM
Collusion !!!!!
Democrats must be outraged. Trump is sharing intelligence with our hated enemies, the Russians. Perhaps this is Trump's way of paying them back for all those Facebook Ads they bought? Mueller will get to the bottom of this.
You actually believe U.S Intel (FBI, DOJ & CIA ) colluded with a Russian Secret Intel regime RT (KGB now called FIS) that murdered 30 Million Russians since 1917 ?

Grokmaster
12-18-2017, 11:29 PM
I'm sure that The Grand Inquisitor is sniffing someone's underwear for "proof" as we speak...

Ethereal
12-18-2017, 11:44 PM
You actually believe U.S Intel (FBI, DOJ & CIA ) colluded with a Russian Secret Intel regime RT (KGB now called FIS) that murdered 30 Million Russians since 1917 ?
Pure gibberish.

The Xl
12-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Ah shit, collusion finally confirmed.

Peter1469
12-19-2017, 12:14 AM
You are very low on your numbers.

And you are off topic.

nathanbforrest45
12-19-2017, 01:04 AM
Collusion !!!!!
Damn, you beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

nathanbforrest45
12-19-2017, 01:05 AM
Pure gibberish.

So what else is new from exotix?

resister
12-19-2017, 01:06 AM
You actually believe U.S Intel (FBI, DOJ & CIA ) colluded with a Russian Secret Intel regime RT (KGB now called FIS) that murdered 30 Million Russians since 1917 ?21761

nathanbforrest45
12-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Pure gibberish.Either she believes President Trump colluded with the Russians to get him elected or she doesn't believe the collusion ever happened. I guess it happened when she thinks she can win points and didn't when that is designed to denigrate this administration.

NapRover
12-19-2017, 07:08 AM
I like what we did here. Not to mention The ramifications of them finding out we knew and didn’t do anything.

donttread
12-19-2017, 07:59 AM
Finally, proof that Trump is colluding with the Russians.

The "Capitolist pigs and the Commie red rats" working together? Say it isn't so. Where will be get another boggieman to recycle?

Mini Me
12-19-2017, 09:46 AM
Ah shit, collusion finally confirmed.

Reports are that PUTIN is actually a Russian agent!!! OMG!

nathanbforrest45
12-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Russia is actually a hologram and does not actually exist.

resister
12-19-2017, 11:10 AM
The left will find fault in it. If Trump volunteered labor to Habitat for Humanity, they would find fault. They hate Trump and any good he does will at the least, be ignored. Just look at this thread.

nathanbforrest45
12-19-2017, 11:16 AM
The left will find fault in it. If Trump volunteered labor to Habitat for Humanity, they would find fault. They hate Trump and any good he does will at the least, be ignored. Just look at this thread.
Its like the thread on blaming the Washington State train crash on Trump trying to lower taxes.

Trump says after all these years of allowing infrastructure to lie fallow he is going to do something about it and having our resident gadfly try to make it seem its Trump's fault, completely overlooking $100 Million plus just went into upgrading this section of track.

resister
12-19-2017, 11:19 AM
Its like the thread on blaming the Washington State train crash on Trump trying to lower taxes.

Trump says after all these years of allowing infrastructure to lie fallow he is going to do something about it and having our resident gadfly try to make it seem its Trump's fault, completely overlooking $100 Million plus just went into upgrading this section of track.
Consider the same person said the Russia bomb was fake, not even CNN was saying that. Not surprising the request to prove it was ignored.

nathanbforrest45
12-19-2017, 11:24 AM
Consider the same person said the Russia bomb was fake, not even CNN was saying that. Not surprising the request to prove it was ignored.

I am beginning to think the gadfly is not real but a robo poster. Notice how her responses are never in answer to what you might have posted but are just a continuation of non related issues.

resister
12-19-2017, 11:26 AM
I am beginning to think the gadfly is not real but a robo poster. Notice how her responses are never in answer to what you might have posted but are just a continuation of non related issues.
A distinct possibility, but I think we are seeing the effects of a particularly severe case of TDS.

ripmeister
12-19-2017, 12:34 PM
Nothing new about this. We do this all the time, it just isn't touted as much. On the other hand from what I've heard there is not much reciprocity when it comes to the Russians.

Adelaide
12-19-2017, 01:03 PM
The United States offers up information to a lot of countries, including Canada. It can often be used to prevent attacks. It's nice to have an ally that can do that, but at the same time it is concerning that the US government and US government agencies have so much access to things like communications.

Ethereal
12-19-2017, 01:08 PM
Nothing new about this. We do this all the time, it just isn't touted as much.

Well, the last time Trump shared counter-terrorism intelligence with the Russians, Democrats went around accusing Trump of violating the law and even of committing treason. Apparently, it did not matter to them that the intelligence might be used to save innocent people's lives.

On the other hand from what I've heard there is not much reciprocity when it comes to the Russians.

And who did you hear that from? The NYT and WAPO?

Kalkin
12-19-2017, 01:20 PM

The left has been reduced to babbling idiots.

Grokmaster
12-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Damn, you beat me to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also cleverly cited in the OP !! :laugh:

Captdon
12-19-2017, 02:52 PM

Oh, my God.