PDA

View Full Version : Standards

Taxcutter
12-05-2012, 10:58 AM
George Washington is widely believed to be the greatest US President of all time. He was revered by contemporaneous world figures. Even Napoleon, a man with no ego shortage was awed by Washington. His last words were: “They always wanted me to be Washington.”

But Washington would be reviled by today’s Left and MSM.

Washington owned slaves

Washington’s plantation raised tobacco

Washington wore his Christian beliefs like a badge of honor

Washington was a Freemason. There is a drawing of him laying the cornerstone of the Capitol wearing his Masonic apron. He was the Grandmaster of a Virginia lodge.

Washington believed in a small federal government. His federal government consumed less than 4% of the GDP of the time and a lot of that was buying up gold from a gold strike in Georgia. That gold kept the US easily on a gold standard until well into the 19th century, and provided the gold for Jefferson’s Louisiana Purchase.

Washington’s budget was almost entirely defense, interest, and buying gold.

Washington ran a net budget surplus during his tenure as President.

The taxation under Washington were 100% consumption taxes.

Washington abhorred egalitarianism. The world got a good look at egalitarianism running amok in the French Revolution.

Washington fostered and personally invested in an unregulated chemical industry (E.I.DuPont de Nemours, Inc)

In private life Washington was a real estate wheeler-dealer as well as a farmer

Both at the federal and state levels, government used capital punishment at an intensity that would make modern-day Texans blanch

Runaway slaves and homosexuals were routinely lynched in Washington’s day

There was no federal regulation of any part of the economy in Washington’s administration

Women and dead people were not allowed to vote in Washington’s day

Numerous scandals form the time of the American Revolution surfaced in Washington’s day but he was never implicated in any of them

During Washington’s day, air pollution, water pollution, and disease made America’s cities nearly untenable

Washington’s patent office granted Eli Whitney a patent for his cotton gin, which prolonged slavery in the US by more than a half-century

Washington was of the Federalist Party that eventually morphed into the Republican Party

…and…

The economy more than doubled under the Washington administration.

Can you imagine the stink raised by Brian Williams, Chris Mathews, and Debbie Wassermann-Schultz about such a President?

Chloe
12-05-2012, 12:48 PM
George Washington is widely believed to be the greatest US President of all time. He was revered by contemporaneous world figures. Even Napoleon, a man with no ego shortage was awed by Washington. His last words were: “They always wanted me to be Washington.”

But Washington would be reviled by today’s Left and MSM.

Washington owned slaves

Washington’s plantation raised tobacco

Washington wore his Christian beliefs like a badge of honor

Washington was a Freemason. There is a drawing of him laying the cornerstone of the Capitol wearing his Masonic apron. He was the Grandmaster of a Virginia lodge.

Washington believed in a small federal government. His federal government consumed less than 4% of the GDP of the time and a lot of that was buying up gold from a gold strike in Georgia. That gold kept the US easily on a gold standard until well into the 19th century, and provided the gold for Jefferson’s Louisiana Purchase.

Washington’s budget was almost entirely defense, interest, and buying gold.

Washington ran a net budget surplus during his tenure as President.

The taxation under Washington were 100% consumption taxes.

Washington abhorred egalitarianism. The world got a good look at egalitarianism running amok in the French Revolution.

Washington fostered and personally invested in an unregulated chemical industry (E.I.DuPont de Nemours, Inc)

In private life Washington was a real estate wheeler-dealer as well as a farmer

Both at the federal and state levels, government used capital punishment at an intensity that would make modern-day Texans blanch

Runaway slaves and homosexuals were routinely lynched in Washington’s day

There was no federal regulation of any part of the economy in Washington’s administration

Women and dead people were not allowed to vote in Washington’s day

Numerous scandals form the time of the American Revolution surfaced in Washington’s day but he was never implicated in any of them

During Washington’s day, air pollution, water pollution, and disease made America’s cities nearly untenable

Washington’s patent office granted Eli Whitney a patent for his cotton gin, which prolonged slavery in the US by more than a half-century

Washington was of the Federalist Party that eventually morphed into the Republican Party

…and…

The economy more than doubled under the Washington administration.

Can you imagine the stink raised by Brian Williams, Chris Mathews, and Debbie Wassermann-Schultz about such a President?

Overall he was probably a good man but many of those points above should be criticized by all people in my opinion and not just the left. Not everything above is desirable, admirable or respectable.

corrocamino
12-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Daniel Boone's beloved "elbow-room" no longer exists. The Founding Fathers had no concept of how the country, and the world, would evolve (not implying progress there).

Mister D
12-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Daniel Boone's beloved "elbow-room" no longer exists. The Founding Fathers had no concept of how the country, and the world, would evolve (not implying progress there).

Key.

Taxcutter
12-06-2012, 11:10 AM
People haven't changed one iota since Washington's day.

No doubt today's MSM will tell us Hussein Obama is a better president than George Washington was.

corrocamino
12-06-2012, 11:12 AM
MSM won't tell me anything, because I refuse to watch it, just as I refuse to watch Fox.

Peter1469
12-06-2012, 06:15 PM
FOX is establishment GOP. Which is really just the other side of the same coin as establishment Dem.