PDA

View Full Version : A business where human bodies were butchered

Common
12-27-2017, 07:49 PM
A business where human bodies were butchered, packaged and soldI posted a small part the story is longer and is baffling as to how this business was allowed to exist.
This is the same company that I posted on that had stored fetus'

For a decade, Arizona-based Biological Resource Center persuaded dying Americans to donate their bodies to science. More than 5,000 did. Here’s what happened to thousands of them.

HOW TO BUTCHER A CORPSE: In 2013, lab technician Sam Kazemi starred in an instructional video for his employer, Biological Resource Center. In it, Kazemi and an assistant use a construction saw to carve up a corpse. Reuters obtained the 24-minute video, titled “Stripped Cervical Spine!” Here’s how it begins.
<VIDEO AT LINK>

Warning: This story contains graphic content.

PHOENIX – Sam Kazemi stood over the old man’s corpse. Nearby lay pliers, a scalpel and a motorized saw designed to cut drywall and pipe.
On a busy day, Kazemi might harvest body parts from five or six people who had donated their bodies to science. On this day in November 2013, the corpse before Kazemi typified the donors who gave their remains to his employer, Biological Resource Center.
The man was a retired factory worker with a ninth-grade education. He had lived with his wife in a mobile home in Mohave Valley, Arizona, and had died six days earlier, aged 75. His name was Conrad Patrick.
But after he died and his body was donated, Patrick became a commodity, known by the company’s initials and a number: BRC13112103.

Reuters reviewed thousands of internal BRC records and confidential law enforcement documents containing profiles of Patrick and 2,280 other donors. The documents include invoices and inventories for thousands of body parts harvested from those people. They show how their bodies were dissected, which body parts were sent where, and why buyers obtained them.
Kazemi helped cut up and package Patrick into seven pieces. BRC shipped Patrick’s left foot to a Chicago-area orthopedic lab. His left shoulder was sent to a Las Vegas company that holds surgical seminars. His head and his spine went to a project run by the U.S. Army. And Patrick’s “external reproductive organs” were sent to a local university. His right foot and left knee were placed in the company’s freezers, where they became part of BRC’s million-dollar inventory of flesh and bone.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-bodies-business/

Peter1469
12-27-2017, 07:49 PM
I saw that. Reminds me of Planned Parenthood.

Common
12-27-2017, 08:03 PM
Reminds me of the Texas Chain Saw murders

ripmeister
12-27-2017, 10:31 PM
When my mom had both her knees replaced with joint implants she and I were both glad that the orthopedic surgeon had learned and practiced on cadaveric knees rather than hers or some other person getting implants.

ripmeister
12-27-2017, 10:32 PM
I saw that. Reminds me of Planned Parenthood.

Bogus comparison.

exotix
12-28-2017, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure what the point is here ... donating your body to medical research should be banned ?

donttread
12-28-2017, 05:25 AM
A business where human bodies were butchered, packaged and sold

I posted a small part the story is longer and is baffling as to how this business was allowed to exist.
This is the same company that I posted on that had stored fetus'

For a decade, Arizona-based Biological Resource Center persuaded dying Americans to donate their bodies to science. More than 5,000 did. Here’s what happened to thousands of them.

HOW TO BUTCHER A CORPSE: In 2013, lab technician Sam Kazemi starred in an instructional video for his employer, Biological Resource Center. In it, Kazemi and an assistant use a construction saw to carve up a corpse. Reuters obtained the 24-minute video, titled “Stripped Cervical Spine!” Here’s how it begins.
<VIDEO AT LINK>

Warning: This story contains graphic content.

PHOENIX – Sam Kazemi stood over the old man’s corpse. Nearby lay pliers, a scalpel and a motorized saw designed to cut drywall and pipe.
On a busy day, Kazemi might harvest body parts from five or six people who had donated their bodies to science. On this day in November 2013, the corpse before Kazemi typified the donors who gave their remains to his employer, Biological Resource Center.
The man was a retired factory worker with a ninth-grade education. He had lived with his wife in a mobile home in Mohave Valley, Arizona, and had died six days earlier, aged 75. His name was Conrad Patrick.
But after he died and his body was donated, Patrick became a commodity, known by the company’s initials and a number: BRC13112103.

Reuters reviewed thousands of internal BRC records and confidential law enforcement documents containing profiles of Patrick and 2,280 other donors. The documents include invoices and inventories for thousands of body parts harvested from those people. They show how their bodies were dissected, which body parts were sent where, and why buyers obtained them.
Kazemi helped cut up and package Patrick into seven pieces. BRC shipped Patrick’s left foot to a Chicago-area orthopedic lab. His left shoulder was sent to a Las Vegas company that holds surgical seminars. His head and his spine went to a project run by the U.S. Army. And Patrick’s “external reproductive organs” were sent to a local university. His right foot and left knee were placed in the company’s freezers, where they became part of BRC’s million-dollar inventory of flesh and bone.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-bodies-business/

So not only is this legal, but the government is a cusomer? Figures.

Common
12-28-2017, 06:26 AM
When my mom had both her knees replaced with joint implants she and I were both glad that the orthopedic surgeon had learned and practiced on cadaveric knees rather than hers or some other person getting implants.

Bad comparison, cadavers donated and used in medical training is not the same as this butcher shop that also housed and stored fetus's

Common
12-28-2017, 06:28 AM
I suggest that everyone read the entire article which is long before making statements about it

Common
12-28-2017, 06:29 AM
Bogus comparison.
Not so bogus planned parenthood was busted selling fetus'

ripmeister
12-28-2017, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure what the point is here ... donating your body to medical research should be banned ?

Apparently

ripmeister
12-28-2017, 10:04 AM
I suggest that everyone read the entire article which is long before making statements about it
I read the entire article. It seems to be intended to be an emotion based hit piece. It is what it is. I for one am glad some good use can be made of these cadavers, including fetuses as this use will save lives, including fetuses in the future. I look forward to having my cadaver being used for such purposes as I will no longer need it.