PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Residents: Murder Rate Shot Up Over Less Police Presence

Common
01-01-2018, 05:42 AM
Baltimore Residents: Murder Rate Shot Up Over Less Police Presence
As Baltimore grapples with its highest per capita record for homicides, some resident blame a lack of police presence in their neighborhoods as a reason for the city’s gun violence problem.
One Baltimore, Md., pastor argued that more police need to patrol the city’s neighborhoods in order to better protect the locals, according to an interview with NPR published Sunday (https://www.npr.org/2017/12/31/574824963/baltimore-residents-blame-record-high-murder-rate-on-lower-police-presence).
“We wanted the police there,” Rev. Kinji Scott told NPR. “We wanted them engaged in the community. We didn’t want them beating the hell out of us, we didn’t want that. We need the front line police officers and we need the heart of the black community to step to the forefront of this discussion. And that’s when we’re going to see a decrease in crime.”
Baltimore reached (http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/29/baltimore-holds-vigil-for-murder-victims-as-city-breaks-homicide-records/) 343 homicides last week as city leaders struggle to come up with ways to fix the violence. Mayor Catherine Pugh, a Democrat, released a holistic crime plan, aimed at cracking down on poverty, opening up access to local community colleges to students who might not be able to afford it and working to better train officers, while the city police commissioner touted the recent addition of new hires to the force.
The city has grappled with police brutality and strained relationships between police officers and the communities they serve after the 2015 death of Freddie Gray, a black man who died from spinal cord injuries while in police custody.
Scott agreed that the community did not want officers harming them, but that the community needed good police officers willing to interact with and protect the neighborhood.
“And of course we want to delineate the whole culture of bad policing that exists — nobody denies that — but as a result of this, we don’t see the level of policing we need in our community to keep the crime down in our cities that we are seeing bleed to death,” Scott added to NPR.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/31/baltimore-residents-murder-rate-shot-up-over-less-police-presence/

Peter1469
01-01-2018, 07:06 AM
If the city prosecutors target the cops, you get cops who don't work.

Safety
01-01-2018, 08:07 AM
I thought the “law and order” president Trump was going to fix crime in the inner cities....

Kacper
01-01-2018, 09:16 AM
"...a holistic crime plan, aimed at cracking down on poverty..." just jumps out at me as a big red flag considering that city's history of being Jim Crow of the North. Even after their law making it a criminal offense for a white to move to a 50%+ black neighborhood or a black to move move to a 50% white neighborhood was struck down, they used zoning enforcement to make sure it still became one of the most racially segregated urban areas in the country, second perhaps only to Chicago.

nathanbforrest45
01-01-2018, 09:39 AM
I thought the “law and order” president Trump was going to fix crime in the inner cities....

You mean like Ex President for Life Barack Obama brought us racial harmony?

Safety
01-01-2018, 09:42 AM
You mean like Ex President for Life Barack Obama brought us racial harmony?

There will never be racial harmony in this country as long as confederate and slavery sympathizers are still around.

Common
01-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Im sure you wont remember this :) I said it multiple times when through obama and his DOJ, Marilyn Mosby was setting up the 6 baltimore police officers. I said she would fail and the crime rate in Baltimore would soar.

TRUMP is not to blame for Baltimore or Chicago or any other city. Its the democrats that run those cities that refuse to do with Rudy Guiliani did, its easy to clean up a city tell your Police Commissioner to get it done. It gets done in a few short months.

But Baltimores leadership is all Black, from the mayor to city council to Police Commissioner and Police Chief, they sit back fondling themselves watching the city fall to criminal ruin watch good people in bad places suffer, because they dont have the balls to let the police get the job done because their afraid of the backlash from those that make money off the crime and the criminals.

You and others trying to blame trump is why none of you have any credibility

Safety
01-01-2018, 01:08 PM
Im sure you wont remember this :) I said it multiple times when through obama and his DOJ, Marilyn Mosby was setting up the 6 baltimore police officers. I said she would fail and the crime rate in Baltimore would soar.

TRUMP is not to blame for Baltimore or Chicago or any other city. Its the democrats that run those cities that refuse to do with Rudy Guiliani did, its easy to clean up a city tell your Police Commissioner to get it done. It gets done in a few short months.

But Baltimores leadership is all Black, from the mayor to city council to Police Commissioner and Police Chief, they sit back fondling themselves watching the city fall to criminal ruin watch good people in bad places suffer, because they dont have the balls to let the police get the job done because their afraid of the backlash from those that make money off the crime and the criminals.

You and others trying to blame trump is why none of you have any credibility

I blame the current administration, just like ya'll blamed the previous administration. Shouldn't this be the same across the board?

Common
01-01-2018, 01:20 PM
I blame the current administration, just like ya'll blamed the previous administration. Shouldn't this be the same across the board?

It was the previous administrations fault, HE raised all the crime rates with his hatred for police and they knew it.

Youre talking to the wrong guy on this subject safety, im too well versed for ya

Safety
01-01-2018, 01:23 PM
It was the previous administrations fault, HE raised all the crime rates with his hatred for police and they knew it.

Youre talking to the wrong guy on this subject safety, im too well versed for ya

Obviously it was the previous administration's fault, and this administration plays no part in it. I mean, how can an intelligent person think otherwise...:rollseyes:

Tahuyaman
01-01-2018, 01:30 PM

City leaders need to cooperate.

Tahuyaman
01-01-2018, 01:35 PM

Of course you do.

It's taken generations of liberal social engineering to create these inner city pits. It's going to take time to fix it.

Safety
01-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Of course you do.

It's taken generations of liberal social engineering to create these inner city pits. It's going to take time to fix it.

Oh, so now you are aware of the effects of generation influences? Great, let's talk about the effects of Jim Crow and redlining.

Safety
01-01-2018, 02:12 PM
City leaders need to cooperate.

Trump is the CEO.

barb012
01-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Move all of the law abiding citizens out of there and leave all the criminals to kill themselves.

Tahuyaman
01-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Oh, so now you are aware of the effects of generation influences? Great, let's talk about the effects of Jim Crow and redlining.

You just can't help but create these idiotic diversions.

Tahuyaman
01-01-2018, 07:50 PM
Trump is the CEO.

Have you ever communicated a relevant thought?

resister
01-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Remember hoe Freud said everything boils down to sex? Well, he had no experience with SJWs.

Tahuyaman
01-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Unchecked liberalism creates crime infested inner city ghettos. It takes them generations to create this mess and they blame their opposition for not correcting their problems basically overnight. Of course you can't mention the fact that they oppose every action required to correct the mess they created.

These people need to be ignored.

Tahuyaman
01-01-2018, 07:57 PM
Remember hoe Freud said everything boils down to sex? Well, he had no experience with SJWs.

That was before everything boiled down to racism.

Dr. Who
01-01-2018, 08:07 PM
https://www.npr.org/2017/05/03/526655831/a-forgotten-history-of-how-the-u-s-government-segregated-america

Captdon
01-01-2018, 08:10 PM

The cities don't think they have a problem Admit their policies don't work? You know better or you should.

Captdon
01-01-2018, 08:11 PM
"...a holistic crime plan, aimed at cracking down on poverty..." just jumps out at me as a big red flag considering that city's history of being Jim Crow of the North. Even after their law making it a criminal offense for a white to move to a 50%+ black neighborhood or a black to move move to a 50% white neighborhood was struck down, they used zoning enforcement to make sure it still became one of the most racially segregated urban areas in the country, second perhaps only to Chicago.

Maryland is a southern state. They had the same Jim Crow laws as the rest.

Captdon
01-01-2018, 08:14 PM

Let's talk about 50+ years of highly enforced civil rights laws and federal programs. Why are things worse?

Captdon
01-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Trump is the CEO.

He's the President. He doesn't control the cities. It appears the liberal can't control them.

Kacper
01-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Maryland is a southern state. They had the same Jim Crow laws as the rest.

Maryland is not a southern state. :rollseyes:

Grokmaster
01-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Because he's the leftist IDIOT who tacitly approved a war on the police, by inviting BLM to the White House, right? He offered to send the National Guard into Chicago...they refused.

MURDER is a state offense; try blaming those responsible, for a change.

Grokmaster
01-01-2018, 09:45 PM

Fought on the side of the Confederacy, and was a slave state.

Tahuyaman
01-01-2018, 11:26 PM
A 'Forgotten History' Of How The U.S. Government Segregated America

https://www.npr.org/2017/05/03/526655831/a-forgotten-history-of-how-the-u-s-government-segregated-america (https://www.npr.org/2017/05/03/526655831/a-forgotten-history-of-how-the-u-s-government-segregated-america)

Yep, Democratic Party liberalism at work.

Dr. Who
01-02-2018, 01:02 AM
Yep, Democratic Party liberalism at work.
Right, so now that the obligatory finger pointing is taken care of, the real issue is that the post-WWII boom that increased the prospects of millions of whites because of FHA subsidized homes, denied that opportunity to blacks.

Whites enjoyed the equity in those homes and passed it on to their kids in the form of inheritances which in turn allowed their children to get a leg up, while blacks were prevented from entering the market and their children from attending the better suburban schools or receiving any leg up. Add to that the fact that they were pushed into project housing.

When industry began deserting America for cheaper labor, the unions (not surprisingly run by organized crime) conspired to ensure that blacks were the first to be let go and those projects ended up being welfare/poverty communities. Schools were underfunded and only teachers who couldn't get jobs in better schools taught in the poor inner city. Projects + poverty = trouble. Organized crime moved into the projects (unsurprisingly) offering money to many men who simply could not get jobs. The intervening Vietnam war simply produced more draftees returning to no employment, but with more bitterness. That led to the formation of gangs working for organized crime and the issues that we have today.

A legacy of consistently doing the wrong thing, regardless of who was in power. I wonder what was behind it?

Kacper
01-02-2018, 06:59 AM

Maryland was not a southern state

Tahuyaman
01-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Right, so now that the obligatory finger pointing is taken care of, the real issue is that the post-WWII boom that increased the prospects of millions of whites because of FHA subsidized homes, denied that opportunity to blacks.

Whites enjoyed the equity in those homes and passed it on to their kids in the form of inheritances which in turn allowed their children to get a leg up, while blacks were prevented from entering the market and their children from attending the better suburban schools or receiving any leg up. Add to that the fact that they were pushed into project housing.

When industry began deserting America for cheaper labor, the unions (not surprisingly run by organized crime) conspired to ensure that blacks were the first to be let go and those projects ended up being welfare/poverty communities. Schools were underfunded and only teachers who couldn't get jobs in better schools taught in the poor inner city. Projects + poverty = trouble. Organized crime moved into the projects (unsurprisingly) offering money to many men who simply could not get jobs. The intervening Vietnam war simply produced more draftees returning to no employment, but with more bitterness. That led to the formation of gangs working for organized crime and the issues that we have today.

A legacy of consistently doing the wrong thing, regardless of who was in power. I wonder what was behind it?

And the people who gave us the problem refuse to support the actions needed to correct their mistakes. In fact they find a way to blame the blameless.

Tahuyaman
01-02-2018, 11:00 AM
Maryland was not a southern state

Maryland was a slave state. They were stuck between both sides. Their economy was equally dependent on the north and south. The people of Maryland were divided between the two sides. It's actually an interesting element of the civil war.

Kalkin
01-02-2018, 11:43 AM

That's all they have now.

Captdon
01-02-2018, 11:45 AM
It sure is. Ever heard of the Mason-Dixon Line? It was Jim Crow as much as South Carolina.

Tahuyaman
01-02-2018, 11:51 AM
That's all they have now.
It is. They are so ate up with hard partisanship they can’t engage in a substantive discussion on any subject.

Kacper
01-02-2018, 11:54 AM
It sure is. Ever heard of the Mason-Dixon Line? It was Jim Crow as much as South Carolina.

Maryland did not leave the union and the Emancipation Proclamation didn't apply to it. Fancy that--historical facts, like the Mason-Dixon line being drawn to settle disputed between neighboring states having nothing to do with the Civil War

Ravens Fan
01-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Yes we most certainly are. The Mason Dixon line marks our border to the north. Many from Maryland were on the side of the Confederacy, so many that lincoln had to deploy troops here to make sure we didn't succeed.

Also, for the record, Baltimore has not had a republican in charge since 1967, and only 3 other republican Governors in the last 100 years. Add to that a city council that is completely controlled by Democrats, and has been for many, many years, and I think we know which party owns Baltimore. Also, the entire leadership, with the exception of the newest Police Commissioner, is black, and has been for a long time, so if there is racism involved...

Kacper
01-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Yes we most certainly are. The Mason Dixon line marks our border to the north. Many from Maryland were on the side of the Confederacy, so many that lincoln had to deploy troops here to make sure we didn't succeed.

Also, for the record, Baltimore has not had a republican in charge since 1967, and only 3 other republican Governors in the last 100 years. Add to that a city council that is completely controlled by Democrats, and has been for many, many years, and I think we know which party owns Baltimore. Also, the entire leadership, with the exception of the newest Police Commissioner, is black, and has been for a long time, so if there is racism involved...
You stayed in the Union.

Ravens Fan
01-02-2018, 12:28 PM
You stayed in the Union.
By force, and the threat of force. We are still considered a southern state. The line that separates the north from the south is our northern border, it is called the Mason Dixon line.

resister
01-02-2018, 12:38 PM
The black community and BLM wanted the police to leave them alone, they got what they wanted, the prosecutor wanted to make a name for herself, cops will not go where they are not wanted22014

Cannons Front
01-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Fought on the side of the Union and Never left the Union, while people from Maryland did fight for both sides, two thirds served the North.

nathanbforrest45
01-02-2018, 01:37 PM
Fought on the side of the Union and Never left the Union, while people from Maryland did fight for both sides, two thirds served the North.It was mostly the farmers on the Eastern Shore that supported the Confederacy I have an 1863 Western Maryland Railway Stock Holder's Report that points out they ran very few trains from Baltimore to Hagerstown during the summer months that year because of reports of Confederate troops commandeering trains and crew. Maryland's State Song was a plea for the state to join the Confederacy but it never did.The despot's heel is on thy shore,Maryland!His torch is at thy temple door,Maryland!Avenge the patriotic goreThat flecked the streets of Baltimore,And be the battle queen of yore,Maryland! My Maryland!IIHark to an exiled son's appeal,Maryland!My mother State! to thee I kneel,Maryland!For life and death, for woe and weal,Thy peerless chivalry reveal, And gird thy beauteous limbs with steel,Maryland! My Maryland!IIIThou wilt not cower in the dust,Maryland!Thy beaming sword shall never rust,Maryland!Remember Carroll's sacred trust,Remember Howard's warlike thrust,-And all thy slumberers with the just,Maryland! My Maryland!IVCome! 'tis the red dawn of the day,Maryland!Come with thy panoplied array,Maryland!With Ringgold's spirit for the fray,With Watson's blood at Monterey,With fearless Lowe and dashing May,Maryland! My Maryland!VCome! for thy shield is bright and strong,Maryland!Come! for thy dalliance does thee wrong,Maryland!Come to thine own anointed throng,Stalking with Liberty along,And chaunt thy dauntless slogan song,Maryland! My Maryland!VIDear Mother! burst the tyrant's chain,Maryland!Virginia should not call in vain,Maryland!She meets her sisters on the plain-"Sic semper!" 'tis the proud refrainThat baffles minions back again,Maryland!Arise in majesty again,Maryland! My Maryland!VIII see the blush upon thy cheek,Maryland!For thou wast ever bravely meek,Maryland!But lo! there surges forth a shriek,From hill to hill, from creek to creek-Potomac calls to Chesapeake,Maryland! My Maryland!VIIIThou wilt not yield the Vandal toll,Maryland!Thou wilt not crook to his control,Maryland!Better the fire upon thee roll, Better the blade, the shot, the bowl,Than crucifixion of the soul,Maryland! My Maryland!IXI hear the distant thunder-hum,Maryland!The Old Line's bugle, fife, and drum,Maryland!She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb-Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!She breathes! she burns! she'll come! she'll come!Maryland! My Maryland!

nathanbforrest45
01-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Interesting story about the Mason Dixon Line. As you are aware it was drawn up by Charles Mason and Jeremiah Dixon. It seems the two could not keep their drinking utensils separated so they decided on a clay jar for Charles and a tin cup for Jeremiah. And so was born the Mason Jar and the Dixie Cup.

Cannons Front
01-02-2018, 01:42 PM
I agree Redining was bad, very bad, you realize that was a Democrat Plan right?

"Rothstein's new book, The Color of Law, examines the local, state and federal housing policies that mandated segregation. He notes that the Federal Housing Administration, which was established in 1934, furthered the segregation efforts by refusing to insure mortgages in and near African-American neighborhoods — a policy known as "redlining (http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/19/498536077/interactive-redlining-map-zooms-in-on-americas-history-of-discrimination)." At the same time, the FHA was subsidizing builders who were mass-producing entire subdivisions for whites — with the requirement that none of the homes be sold to African-Americans."

Cannons Front
01-02-2018, 01:56 PM
It was mostly the farmers on the Eastern Shore that supported the Confederacy I have an 1863 Western Maryland Railway Stock Holder's Report that points out they ran very few trains from Baltimore to Hagerstown during the summer months that year because of reports of Confederate troops commandeering trains and crew. Maryland's State Song was a plea for the state to join the Confederacy but it never did.The despot's heel is on thy shore,Maryland!His torch is at thy temple door,Maryland!Avenge the patriotic goreThat flecked the streets of Baltimore,And be the battle queen of yore,Maryland! My Maryland!IIHark to an exiled son's appeal,Maryland!My mother State! to thee I kneel,Maryland!For life and death, for woe and weal,Thy peerless chivalry reveal, And gird thy beauteous limbs with steel,Maryland! My Maryland!IIIThou wilt not cower in the dust,Maryland!Thy beaming sword shall never rust,Maryland!Remember Carroll's sacred trust,Remember Howard's warlike thrust,-And all thy slumberers with the just,Maryland! My Maryland!IVCome! 'tis the red dawn of the day,Maryland!Come with thy panoplied array,Maryland!With Ringgold's spirit for the fray,With Watson's blood at Monterey,With fearless Lowe and dashing May,Maryland! My Maryland!VCome! for thy shield is bright and strong,Maryland!Come! for thy dalliance does thee wrong,Maryland!Come to thine own anointed throng,Stalking with Liberty along,And chaunt thy dauntless slogan song,Maryland! My Maryland!VIDear Mother! burst the tyrant's chain,Maryland!Virginia should not call in vain,Maryland!She meets her sisters on the plain-"Sic semper!" 'tis the proud refrainThat baffles minions back again,Maryland!Arise in majesty again,Maryland! My Maryland!VIII see the blush upon thy cheek,Maryland!For thou wast ever bravely meek,Maryland!But lo! there surges forth a shriek,From hill to hill, from creek to creek-Potomac calls to Chesapeake,Maryland! My Maryland!VIIIThou wilt not yield the Vandal toll,Maryland!Thou wilt not crook to his control,Maryland!Better the fire upon thee roll, Better the blade, the shot, the bowl,Than crucifixion of the soul,Maryland! My Maryland!IXI hear the distant thunder-hum,Maryland!The Old Line's bugle, fife, and drum,Maryland!She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb-Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!She breathes! she burns! she'll come! she'll come!Maryland! My Maryland!

I would think that rail traffic would have been stopped the first half of the Summer of 1863, Lee invaded June 13 on the way to Gettysburg, and did not cross back until July 13th. Many in Maryland were southern supporters including a great many people in the State Capitol, there was never a vote to leave the union, The Gov worked hard to keep the state in the Union as did Lincoln.
None of this changes the fact that there were still more union support than southern support.

Cletus
01-02-2018, 02:03 PM

Not his job.

Orion Rules
01-02-2018, 02:20 PM
There will never be racial harmony in this country as long as confederate and slavery sympathizers are still around.
There will never be any harmony with those who continue to spread false news regarding what the Confederacy was actually about, as it still exists, because the real truth of it can never be extinguished.

Would it take a million times to reiterate that most White Southerners never owned a Black person, that it was a central banking system that wanted control, so for their 'cause', government centralized.

Grokmaster
01-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Fought on the side of the Union and Never left the Union, while people from Maryland did fight for both sides, two thirds served the North.
Civil War Facts: 1861-1865
The Union included the states of Maine, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, California, Nevada, and Oregon. Abraham Lincoln was their President.

The Confederacy included the states of Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. Jefferson Davis was their President.
Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, Kentucky and Missouri were called Border States.

Alright...a border state , then. PLENTY of Confederates there.

Safety
01-02-2018, 03:42 PM
I agree Redining was bad, very bad, you realize that was a Democrat Plan right?

"Rothstein's new book, The Color of Law, examines the local, state and federal housing policies that mandated segregation. He notes that the Federal Housing Administration, which was established in 1934, furthered the segregation efforts by refusing to insure mortgages in and near African-American neighborhoods — a policy known as "redlining (http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/19/498536077/interactive-redlining-map-zooms-in-on-americas-history-of-discrimination)." At the same time, the FHA was subsidizing builders who were mass-producing entire subdivisions for whites — with the requirement that none of the homes be sold to African-Americans."

There is no need to mention party affiliation prior to 1964. Both parties were comprised of liberals and conservatives before then. But, in the three and a half years since I've been here, its refreshing to see someone on the right acknowledge such a policy existed. Now, when the hard right starts their usual weekly "blacks acting badly" montage, and ask why the inner cities are like they are, will you be there to educate them about policies like redlining and how detrimental they can be to later generations in terms of opportunities and quality of life. Thanks for helping!

Safety
01-02-2018, 03:48 PM
There will never be any harmony with those who continue to spread false news regarding what the Confederacy was actually about, as it still exists, because the real truth of it can never be extinguished.

Would it take a million times to reiterate that most White Southerners never owned a Black person, that it was a central banking system that wanted control, so for their 'cause', government centralized.

False news? :rofl:

Just because you don't like historical documents from the president of the confederacy, VP of the confederacy, and every state in the confederacy's letter of secession submitted to the Congress of the U.S, you don't get to call it false news.

OMG this is so rich!

Grokmaster
01-02-2018, 03:52 PM

Just because you don't like historical documents from the president of the confederacy, VP of the confederacy, and every state in the confederacy's letter of secession submitted to the Congress of the U.S, you don't get to call it false news.

OMG this is so rich!

Not what he said, at all. Why don't you respond to his ACTUAL WORDS?

Grokmaster
01-02-2018, 03:54 PM

Which has what to do with black males slaughtering each other in our streets, in nearly every major urban area ?

Safety
01-02-2018, 03:56 PM
Not what he said, at all. Why don't you respond to his ACTUAL WORDS?

Then tell me what he is referring to, herr Grokmaster. Every position I hold about the confederacy is based upon historical documents and the words/speeches from the actual people at the time who were making the decisions about secession and their thoughts about the negro. What false news would that member be referring to then?

Grokmaster
01-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Then tell me what he is referring to, herr Grokmaster. Every position I hold about the confederacy is based upon historical documents and the words/speeches from the actual people at the time who were making the decisions about secession and their thoughts about the $#@!. What false news would that member be referring to then?
States' rights. Period. Has nothing to do with the Urban Holocaust of black on black murder. Try to deal with the TOPIC, if you dare. Is the ongoing murder of blacks in our cities the "Confederates' fault'"?

Tahuyaman
01-02-2018, 04:10 PM

Half right. It was a slave state, but fought for the union.

Grokmaster
01-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Half right. It was a slave state, but fought for the union.
Was a SLAVE STATE.
Had soldiers on BOTH SIDES.

NUMEROUS Maryland Confederate units:

Artillery

1st Maryland Artillery, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=1st_Maryland_Artillery,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1) (a.k.a. Dement's Artillery)
2nd Maryland Artillery, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2nd_Maryland_Artillery,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1) (a.k.a. Baltimore Light Artillery)
3rd Maryland Artillery, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=3rd_Maryland_Artillery,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1) (a.k.a. Ritter's Battery)
4th Maryland Artillery, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=4th_Maryland_Artillery,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1) (a.k.a. Chesapeake Battery)

Cavalry

1st Maryland Cavalry, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=1st_Maryland_Cavalry,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1)
2nd Maryland Cavalry, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Maryland_Cavalry,_CSA) (a.k.a. Gilmor's Partisan Rangers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partisan_Ranger_Act))

Infantry

1st Maryland Infantry, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Maryland_Infantry,_CSA)
2nd Maryland Infantry, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Maryland_Infantry,_CSA)

Safety
01-02-2018, 04:28 PM
States' rights. Period. Has nothing to do with the Urban Holocaust of black on black murder. Try to deal with the TOPIC, if you dare. Is the ongoing murder of blacks in our cities the "Confederates' fault'"?

I agree, states rights was a false news as to why the war was fought. However, I asked you what I posted that was false, and I’m still waiting on your response.

Orion Rules
01-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Orion Rules:

OMG this is so rich!
I never said that the poor White Southern farmers fought to retain slavery of another person, but that they viewed Northern encroachment upon their territory and farms, as a reason to stand up to an intruder into their own homes.

This was a fight between two governments in the long-run of things, where the central banking system took a hold, and all you like to do is spout how responsible Whites are for when Blacks murder each other, burn up their villages.

They murder more of their own in Black-on-Black crimes, but their own anti-social behavior is never part of their own evil works, it has to be the fault of the racist White people again, who want to separate from all of theirs, politics.

Tahuyaman
01-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Was a SLAVE STATE.
Had soldiers on BOTH SIDES.

NUMEROUS Maryland Confederate units:

Artillery

1st Maryland Artillery, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=1st_Maryland_Artillery,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1) (a.k.a. Dement's Artillery)
2nd Maryland Artillery, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2nd_Maryland_Artillery,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1) (a.k.a. Baltimore Light Artillery)
3rd Maryland Artillery, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=3rd_Maryland_Artillery,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1) (a.k.a. Ritter's Battery)
4th Maryland Artillery, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=4th_Maryland_Artillery,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1) (a.k.a. Chesapeake Battery)
Cavalry

1st Maryland Cavalry, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=1st_Maryland_Cavalry,_CSA&action=edit&redlink=1)
2nd Maryland Cavalry, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Maryland_Cavalry,_CSA) (a.k.a. Gilmor's Partisan Rangers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partisan_Ranger_Act))
Infantry

1st Maryland Infantry, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Maryland_Infantry,_CSA)
2nd Maryland Infantry, CSA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Maryland_Infantry,_CSA)

Individual citizens fought on both sides, but the state officially sided with the union.

Orion Rules
01-02-2018, 06:07 PM

OMG this is so rich!Some examples of Yankee Atrocities Against Black Southerners:

> Northern Missouri: On August 13, 1861, Secretary of War Simon Cameron received a letter containing information about United States military forces "committing rapes on the negroes".

> Athens, Alabama: An attempt to commit "an indecent outrage" on a servant girl, that a part of a brigade occupying the quarters of negro huts for weeks, "debauched the females".

> Memphis, Tennessee: The Yankee soldiers fed a constant supply of propaganda relative to the slave-master relationship that did not exist, but they chose to take part in forced breeding with black females, preying on plantations, stealing and destroying their crops and domestic animals, and robbing them of money.

> Augusta, Georgia: The colored citizens wandered around at all hours of the night, many were robbed and abused by those in U.S. soldier uniforms.

> Robertsville, South Carolina: The houses of Whites and freed Blacks stripped of everything, while dogs were released to render hurt on everyone.

> Craney Island, Virginia: Both Blacks and Whites subjected to the terror of starvation by terrorist acts of U.S. troops.

There are many more examples of such pillages, but we must be convinced it was a war fought by just those who wished to free the Blacks of bondage. Sure.

Go side with the O.A.S.I.S. > Antifa=I.S.I.S. of the talkers.

Some may wonder what the rich man pays them in wages.

He is so filthy rich, L.G.B.T., too, so who plays such games.

Tahuyaman
01-02-2018, 06:40 PM
It's odd, but many of the inhabitants of our inner cities complain about the police and want them out of their neighborhoods. When the city officials grant their request, those same people complain that the police are ignoring them.